123Next
Return to list New
View: 12022|Reply: 43

[Lain-Lain] GIA [ANGELINA JOLIE ]

[Copy link]
GiaCarangi This user has been deleted
Post time 4-1-2004 06:03 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Post Last Edit by eddlisa_uyuk at 17-4-2011 16:24

Any1 have seen this movie?:cool: cool movie....Angelina Jolie played a role a Gia Marie Carangi, a supermodel ....sad ending...she died coz of AIDS...grr.....so any Angie fans here...dont 4get to get d DVDs...i tell..its awesome!!!

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 4-1-2004 06:40 PM | Show all posts
da lame kan cite ni? aku nengok pon sbb member aku kate body A.J montok. hehehe :nana:

Use magic Report

GiaCarangi This user has been deleted
 Author| Post time 4-1-2004 07:16 PM | Show all posts

peh

Originally posted by spitsid at 4-1-2004 18:40:
da lame kan cite ni? aku nengok pon sbb member aku kate body A.J montok. hehehe :nana:

mmg pun
hehehhe;)

Use magic Report

Post time 4-1-2004 07:34 PM | Show all posts
ada gak yg minat filem GIA Carangi nih ....?
bagus gak diopen ....
Fly ada tgk filem nih n takde kuar kat wayang, cuma kat HBO ...
Fly tgk VCD GIA .. nak dkat 2-3 kali ...
n rasanyer ada discussion ttg GIA kat yahoo clubs ..
club tu takde la aktif sgt ... tp ada ler fanatik fans ttg GIA ...
kalau ikutkan jalan filem tu berlainan ngan jalan cite kehidupan GIA yg sebenarya ...

buku ttg GIA pun ada .. tp tak tau ler available kat M'sia ...
harga pun sure mahal ...

Use magic Report

Post time 4-1-2004 07:41 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by spitsid at 4-1-2004 06:40 PM:

montok .. bg Fly ok jer
yg penting cara dia pegang watak tu .. mmg berkesan w/pun ada kritikan cara Angelina Jolie mengadaptasikan watak Gia Carangi yg sebenar ...

kalau tak salah Angelina ada kata yg kalau dibagi 2nd chance, dia tak nak watak tu lagi ...

Jolie, who studied acting at the Lee Strasberg Theatre Institute in New York, gained widespread attention, critical raves and an Emmy nomination for her performance as the drug-addicted, AIDS-stricken model Gia Carangi in the 1998 HBO television movie GIA.

sejak berlakon dlm GIA, nama Angelina naik dlm dunia perfileman Hollywood ... n before this, dia ada model ...

Use magic Report

Post time 4-1-2004 08:04 PM | Show all posts

The actual Gia Carangi

Gia Carangi    A "Thing of Beauty"  
Gia was born in January of 1960.  I've read the book, visited the websites and scanned the internet for information.  I own the HBO movie and purchased this April 1982 Cosmo cover at E-bay.  

Cover Controversy
This is the last Cosmo cover that is so controversial.  People speculate that this pose is fashioned to hide track marks in Gia's arms from drug usage.  Francesco Scavullo, who shot this cover, stated Gia had 'gained some weight' and wanted to show her in her best light.  I wanted this particular cover because it represents to me the beauty of everlasting friendship.  A cover that Francesco Scavullo "gave" to Gia.  

ENTER: Just Gia
My interest in Gia is deeper than the recent popularity she gained since the HBO movie, "Gia" starring Anjolina Jolie was released.  She was a free spirit who was given an opportunity of a lifetime.  A photographer spotted Gia and did a test photo shoot.  The photos were given to Whilemina who fell in love with this Italian girl from Philly.

Blonde Ambition
Gia really cracked the Barbie doll mold that dictated what a "Thing of Beauty" exemplified as being blonde and blue-eyed.  With her dark features and incredible body, Gia took the Fashion world by storm.  Not everyone was thrilled with her overnite success.  Gia claimed, "...the other models seem to resent me...sometimes they say things that are nasty and rude." Throughout history, the 'Blonde Bombshell' always took the spot light.  I was blonde as you can see in my PORTFOLIO.  But I did it because I was bored.  I'm a creative person and always reinventing myself.  That's all.  

Sex, Drugs & Fashion
I think Gia reinvented herself emotionally.  Her own Mother said "People who claimed they knew Gia really didn't know her at all."  This brunette was living on the edge...addicted to drugs & flamboyant about her sexual life style.  Kim Alexis reportedly complained about Gia at a photo shoot, stating she made a pass at her.  
OK, so we also know that Gia was lesbian.  

November 18, 1986
It was Gia's over powering addiction to heroin that brought this Supermodel to her untimely death.  
At 10am, November 18, 1986, Gia Carangi took her last breath.
"...I think God has a big plan for me, but I don't think it's in this life..."   

Remember
I want to celebrate the free spirit of this "Thing of Beauty".   I want people to remember
it's OK to be yourself....even if YOU haven't figured out who that is.  
That the phrase, "Don't do drugs" could save your life.

Next Generation Supermodels
Gia Carangi paved the way for others like Cindy Crawford in the Modeling Industry.  People are beginning to notice that everyone, no matter what their appearance, possess their own "Thing of Beauty".

"I want to look in the mirror and like myself...if I like myself, then I know I look good..." -Gia Marie Carangi (1960-1986)

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 4-1-2004 08:12 PM | Show all posts

Who's GIA?

At age seventeen, Gia Carangi was working the counter at her father's Philadelphia luncheonette, Hoagie City. Within a year, Gia was one of the top models of the late 1970's, gracing the covers of Cosmopolitan and Vogue, partying at New York's Studio 54 and the Mudd Club, and redefining the industry's standard of beauty. She was the darling of moguls and movie stars, royalty and rockers.

Gia was also a girl in pain, desperate for her mother's approval and a drug addict on a tragic slide toward oblivion, who started going directly from $10,000-a-day fashion shoots to the heroin shooting galleries on New York's Lower East Side. Finally blackballed from modeling, Gia entered a vastly different world on the streets of New York and Atlantic City, and later in a rehab clinic. At twenty-six, she became on of the first women in America to die of AIDS, a hospital welfare case visited only by rehab friends and what remained of her family.

Gia's Stats:
Height 5'8"
Dress Size 6-8-10
Bust 34 Waist 24 Hips 35 1/2
Shoes 8 1/2
Hair Brown
Eyes Brown

January 1960 Born in Philadelphia
1975-1977 Lincoln High School , David Bowie fanatic
April 1978 Moves to NY City. 350 E. 62, Apt. 3G
April 1979 Cover, British Vogue, by Chatelain
April 1979 Cover, Cosmopolitan
May 1979 Cover, French Vogue, by Newton
July 1979 Cover Cosmopolitan
August 1979 Cover of Vogue
1978/79 Poster girl Studio 54
January 1980 Cover Cosmopolitan
April 1980 Florida shots by John Stember
July 1980 Cover Cosmopolitan
August 1980 Cover, French Vogue, by Watson
November 1980 Last great Vogue shots of Gia, by Piel and Scavullo
1983 20/20 focuses on Gia in attempt to portray the dark side of modelling
February 1981 Cover, Italian Vogue, by Grignachi
1982 attempts comeback after battle with heroin addiction
April 1982 Cover of American Vogue, a gift from Scavullo
1984 makes another comeback attempt in Modelling
Nov 18 1986 Dies of complications from AIDS at 10:00 AM
Funeral. "Beloved Daughter" is her epitaph.
July 1996 Paramount begins pre-production on story of her life

for more: www.gia-carangi.com

lots of article ...

Use magic Report

Post time 4-1-2004 10:12 PM | Show all posts
dah tengok kat HBO hari tu, memang sedih. Performance Jolie dalam citer tuh betul2 amazing. Sedih dengan kisah hidup Gia Carangi nih kan. Lepas dia mati, Cindy Crawford jadi model, diorang dub Crawford sebagai Baby Gia sebab some resemblance. Itulah penangan dadah, sampai susah nak dilepaskan, sampai dibawa mati.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 5-1-2004 12:59 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by cocklea at 4-1-2004 10:12 PM:
dah tengok kat HBO hari tu, memang sedih. Performance Jolie dalam citer tuh betul2 amazing. Sedih dengan kisah hidup Gia Carangi nih kan. Lepas dia mati, Cindy Crawford jadi model, diorang dub Craw ...

kalau Gia tak mati because of AIDS n drugs .. rasanyer dia ler yg top abis .. Cindy Crawford takkan naik punya ....

prasan tak muka Gia n Cindy lebih kurang sama jer .. kalau sekali pandang la ..

Use magic Report

Post time 5-1-2004 02:43 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by fly_in_d_sky at 5-1-2004 12:59 AM:
kalau Gia tak mati because of AIDS n drugs .. rasanyer dia ler yg top abis .. Cindy Crawford takkan naik punya ....

prasan tak muka Gia n Cindy lebih kurang sama jer .. kalau sekali pandang la ..

itulah sebab dulu masa Cindy baru kuar, diorang dub her Baby Gia, sebab resemblance diorang.

Use magic Report

Post time 5-1-2004 02:50 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by cocklea at 5-1-2004 02:43 AM:
itulah sebab dulu masa Cindy baru kuar, diorang dub her Baby Gia, sebab resemblance diorang.

mmmmm .. pelanduk 2 serupa ....

rasanyer saper ler the next GIA beside Cindy?
:stp: :stp: :stp:

Use magic Report

bj This user has been deleted
Post time 5-1-2004 01:10 PM | Show all posts
ada vcd gia ni

Use magic Report

Post time 5-1-2004 02:11 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by bj at 5-1-2004 01:10 PM:
ada vcd gia ni

sapa ada, bj?

Use magic Report

bj This user has been deleted
Post time 6-1-2004 08:37 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by fly_in_d_sky at 5-1-2004 02:11 PM:
sapa ada, bj?

saya ada vcd Gia yg tak censor punya.

Use magic Report

Post time 6-1-2004 07:44 PM | Show all posts
hai GIA...you nie die hard fan GIA MARIE CHARANGI...sampai nama pun letak GIA CHARANGI...

actually i dah tengok citer nie kat HBO..memang best...angelina jolie bawak waktak nie berkesan sangat...
sebelum nie tak minat sangat angelina jolie..tp tengok citer gia terus minat..
gia nie first supermodelkan kat USA?...
i pun dah masuk web site dia...muka dia sebijik mcm cindy crowford...

Use magic Report

Post time 6-1-2004 07:55 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by bj at 6-1-2004 08:37 AM:
saya ada vcd Gia yg tak censor punya.

oooo .. Fly pun ada gak VCD GIA yg takde censor ....
nak tau sgt ler per jadi ngan makwe GIA tu?
hidup ke idak? tp dengar2 watak makwe GIA tu cuma rekaan jer ....
:stp: :stp: :stp:

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 6-1-2004 08:21 PM | Show all posts
eh..tak la fly...watak girlfrien gia nie memang wujud...ape yg dia org lakonkan memang sebijik kisah hidup gia....

Use magic Report

Post time 6-1-2004 08:40 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by jellyfish at 6-1-2004 08:21 PM:
eh..tak la fly...watak girlfrien gia nie memang wujud...ape yg dia org lakonkan memang sebijik kisah hidup gia....

ic ... per jd ngan makwe GIA tuh ...
cian la ... dah berangan nak duduk seumah ngan GIA n plan nak bina kluarga .. tp GIA mati ...

ingat tak last part yg GIA gi umah makwe dia, makwe dia nervous sgt sebb dah lama tak jumpa n GIA dah recover tp tak tau ada AIDS ...

pastu biler GIA kata dia nak ada anak .. makwe dia ingat GIA straight dah tp GIA ngan muka selamba kata we don't need men to have kids .. ...

n masa GIA nak balik, makwe GIA cam tak bagi jer GIA balik n hope GIA dpt borak lama lagi .....

Use magic Report

Post time 7-1-2004 11:25 AM | Show all posts
a'a cerita nie bagus although sad ending...
w/pun tgk version yg tak censored

Use magic Report

Post time 7-1-2004 03:56 PM | Show all posts
tak tau la fly at last si girlfriend gia nie jadi ape...

tapi aku nak tau...waktu dah nak last sekali lepas gia gi umah girlfriend dia tu..si gia nie buat ape gi belakang lorong tu...??

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

8-5-2024 09:30 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 1.950714 second(s), 46 queries .