Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to list New
Author: adik^manis

A Big No... No To Unconventional Kavadis

[Copy link]
Post time 16-5-2014 10:34 AM | Show all posts
Sephiroth posted on 8-5-2014 01:00 PM
You are in Hinduism Column making noise. I or any other Hindus do not come to Christian or Islam c ...

is not making noise but fact...if you feels it noise...than you  do not need to read

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 16-5-2014 10:34 AM | Show all posts
vikramavardhana posted on 8-5-2014 04:07 PM
Hinduism is an umbrella term and refers more to the geographical situation... It housed the religion ...

so all those poking object is cult??

Use magic Report

Post time 16-5-2014 03:58 PM | Show all posts
Truth.8 posted on 16-5-2014 02:34 AM
so all those poking object is cult??

Those poking objects that you mention are known as the symbols, signs or the iconography. They do not necessarily come in the form of the murtis in temples or in people's personal prayer rooms, but also covers the sacraments such as the mark, the ritual ash and the rosary. It is part of Brahminical Hindu traditions introduced by our sages just like the Christians using those "cult" objects such as those in the seven sacraments. Christians might use the picture of Jesus, or maybe the Cross as according to their Church Fathers, Bishops, Priests, or etc teach them. I believe they must've their own justification based from either NT or OT and their canonical scriptures. Then, why non-Hindus keep asking the same thing which also happen in their religions? The terms or concepts might be different but... hey... we live in the same Earth and Universe.. Our way of life varies in its branches since we're of different regions.. Why do we have to follow jewish or arabs' guru when our gurus were revealed in our own languages?
Last edited by vikramavardhana on 16-5-2014 08:05 AM

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 19-5-2014 02:40 PM | Show all posts
vikramavardhana posted on 16-5-2014 03:58 PM
Those poking objects that you mention are known as the symbols, signs or the iconography. They do  ...
Those poking objects that you mention are known as the symbols, signs or the iconography. They do not necessarily come in the form of the murtis in temples or in people's personal prayer rooms, but also covers the sacraments such as the mark, the ritual ash and the rosary.

as far the Gita book concern the surpreme never acknowldge such ritual by poking object to reach God. it all men made rules.  as rosary and those so call christians torturing their body, it never mention in the Bible...like i mention this  souls are faithless peoples who do not understand  the nature of GOD

It is part of Brahminical Hindu traditions introduced by our sages just like the Christians using those "cult" objects such as those in the seven sacraments. Christians might use the picture of Jesus, or maybe the Cross as according to their Church Fathers, Bishops, Priests, or etc teach them. I believe they must've their own justification based from either NT or OT and their canonical scriptures. Then, why non-Hindus keep asking the same thing which also happen in their religions? The terms or concepts might be different but... hey... we live in the same Earth and Universe.. Our way of life varies in its branches since we're of different regions.. Why do we have to follow jewish or arabs' guru when our gurus were revealed in our own languages?
stilll in the Bible not a single  proof or writing the one need ot toture the body to reach God...like i mentioned this are the faithless peoples ..one we understand nature of God, the faith build in our heart like temple....

Use magic Report

Post time 19-5-2014 04:52 PM | Show all posts
stilll in the Bible not a single  proof or writing the one need ot toture the body to reach God...like i mentioned this are the faithless peoples ..one we understand nature of God, the faith build in our heart like temple....

I'm interested in fellow Hindu friend statement in the other thread which says that Christian or Muslims trying to equalize the system of their belief and worship to others. He is mostly correct...

First of all, you should speak and think a Hindu when talking about Hindu. Secondly, why are you so obsessed on what is dictated in your written documents? You're a Christian and so you think like one. But we're non-Christian. You shouldn't expect us to perceive things in your way unless if we submit ourselves to your Jesus, then you have the right to impose your views on us. If you're an initiated Hindu, then you must state the sources of which Guru Ji, you're in accordance with as per spiritual lineage authority.

The ritual performed by these people is according to Sthala Puran on incidents faced by Rishi Agastya and his disciple Idumban while performing Dharmyatra to the South. The position of Puranas is in the position of your 4 canonical gospels. They're dictated by Viprah (Inspiration) when the Gurus perform deep meditation or stumbled on some occasions which become the act of pilgrimage. While for the Vedas, they're the directly Revealed scriptures to our Rishis (Great Seers/Prophets). To check on these methods, we have to politely ask them (the followers of the Kumara) on how they receive the transmission. I'm not a Kumara since I'm a Rudra Vaishnava. So, it does not fit for me to question them unless if they tell me the proper source of their sampradayam and their Puranas.   

When talking about Faith (Shraddha), we define it in different ways as per our Vedas and our Sampradayams view. We do not view it like Christians be they Catholics, Orthodox, Non-Denominational, Protestants or etc. We do not view it from the view point of Bible or Jewish Gurus like Jesus. We do not view them like Muslims nor Jewish. We view them like the Brahmans, the Gurus in our region. The problem is that, you guys viewing your Gurus view as Universal but those Gurus are still bounded to their regional traits or their personal experience where they dealt in certain incidents which could be seen in your religious traditions for e.g the "blood and wine", the "seven sacraments", and the apostolic traditions.  

Our Vedas view that human-being though possessing the intellectual senses but we're bounded to Four Incapabilities.

- Bhrama
- Pramada
- Vipralipsa
- Karanapatva

Our Vedas then taught us on the importance of reciting the Vedas and seeking the assistance of the Gurus in order to understand certain path in order to achieve jnana (gnosis).... Three of them:

- Pratyaksa
- Anumana
- Shabda ...

Shaba is where the Puranas and our Itihasas positioned themselves... Not the Jewish Gospels

Use magic Report

Post time 19-5-2014 04:55 PM | Show all posts
What is the nature of God in Christian scriptures? Is it with regard the divinity or the humanity of Jesus? Whether Jesus is a god in human form? The son of God? Worshiped together with the Holy Spirit?

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 19-5-2014 05:27 PM | Show all posts
vikramavardhana posted on 19-5-2014 04:55 PM
What is the nature of God in Christian scriptures? Is it with regard the divinity or the humanity of ...

regarding about son of god which refering to Jesus....u must understand that he was born while Mary is still virgin,,,not intercouse...secondly, the demons know Jesus and says " I know who you are " the Other holy one"

meaning, it has two divine nature in Heaven....pls visit my writing : http://mforum.cari.com.my/forum. ... &extra=page%3D2

Use magic Report

Post time 19-5-2014 05:35 PM | Show all posts
vikramavardhana posted on 19-5-2014 04:52 PM
I'm interested in fellow Hindu friend statement in the other thread which says that Christian or ...

...but all the ritual are not applicable at present time....am i rite???
it was an ancient ritual where the sages and rishi seeking answer thru meditation ....so God answer their request....

thats why i see in temples so many corruption when i visited varanasi and few other places....the worst is Ayodhya when i visit ...it was city of cursed ...poverty, 1000 of fly (lalat) and etc.....

did the hindus provoke the Supreme until the city is cursed?

besides, bodahgaya and few other places....

what went wrong???

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 19-5-2014 08:27 PM | Show all posts
Truth.8 posted on 19-5-2014 09:35 AM
...but all the ritual are not applicable at present time....am i rite???
it was an ancient ritual ...

By standard evangelical answer perhaps... Maybe they do not accept the Christ from the land Israel as their Savior so they provoked the God to curse them. Just kidding...

When you're there, don't you see the human life? Or reflecting it with the term Samsara? Perhaps, you can't reflect with this since you do not recite our scriptures nor being a Hindu. Nothing wrong in this, since we do not expect you to perceive things according to our way. It's not about anything which went wrong, but it's about your worldview (weltanschaaung).

Holy place doesn't always mean that, it's a beautiful one. Europe doesn't become the Europe which you see now only in a day. In fact, Europe was a war-monger continent with people who're so proud of their nationality and dragging the world into the WW1. It take them hundreds of years while going through various periods and conflicts in certain regions of the continent such as sectarian conflicts, revolutions, enlightenment, industrial periods, modern wars and so on.

But today, people could only see them as the champion of the "soft power" after what happened to them in the past. Just because you see the thing in front of your eyes, doesn't mean that it looks as if it is what you see. Varanasi or any city in India is no Paris nor London. Varanasi for e.g swarms with Life and Life leads to Death. It shows this cycle which flows over and over. When you see poverty, then it is Life. When you see people cheating you, then it is the Life. When you see clean or filthy, it is life. Everything keeps moving up and down. This is Samsar.

Use magic Report

Post time 19-5-2014 08:38 PM | Show all posts
Truth.8 posted on 19-5-2014 09:27 AM
regarding about son of god which refering to Jesus....u must understand that he was born while Mar ...

I see.. So, he is a god for you?
The god who's incarnated in human body?
I know most Christians' view on the mentioned figure.
But how do you figure him in your school of philosophy?  

Use magic Report

Post time 19-5-2014 11:24 PM | Show all posts
Ok I started to read your link.. I had came across few evangelical Christians and they tried to convert me too. I'm an Orthodox Hindu so I just politely refuse them. Sometimes I found that it is annoying when they become more like Muslims from those various dawa movements trying to win converts to get ranks in their movement coated in god's name or Jesus

I have few Saint Thomas Orthodox friends from Kerala too but they're of Brahmin family. They have the awareness on our traditions since they were previously Hindu Brahmins who were converted to the Orthodox Church. anyway, thanks for the link I'll slip the thread slowly and ask when I don't understand   

Use magic Report

Post time 25-11-2016 06:15 AM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

5-5-2024 10:39 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.253367 second(s), 37 queries .