Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 2137|Reply: 6

Do Web Hosting Company use UPS ?

[Copy link]
Post time 19-4-2013 05:37 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Dear all,

Just wanna to know that do they use any UPS (Uninterruptable Power System) in Web Hosting Company ?

If  do, what size of UPS their using? 10 Kva? 20Kva?

your reply is much appreciated......

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 19-4-2013 06:38 PM | Show all posts
i have read about Asiahost

ASIAHOST power system is made up of:

Commercial Utility Underground Conduits

Redundant UPS System

30-45 mins of backup time (Industry Standard: 15 mins)

Multiple incoming power supplies

Dual-feed secondary switchboard and critical load distribution boards

Backup Diesel Generator

*Note: Data Center specfications may differ from country to country.

Use magic Report

Post time 20-4-2013 04:51 PM | Show all posts
I do have a bad experience with few hosting company in Malaysia..but I did realised one thing.. it may not give you the most dependable and stable server performance since it is dependent on so many transactions within the server...
this happen on shared hosting..

then i've decided to move with dedicated web hosting..they offered 100% control of the content and the applications within the server..by myself.. no sharing with others no advertisement.. unfortunately, it require high skill set of knowledge with high maintenance..maintaining server on my own risk..

In my opinion, those web hosting company use UPS server.. they're only worth considering for safety-critical applications or if you're living in an area which has frequent power cuts. this might be cost outweighs the benefits they use some electricity to keep their internal batteries topped up, and like any other rechargeable batteries they will eventually need replacing
Last edited by phongsakorn on 20-4-2013 04:59 PM

Use magic Report

Post time 22-4-2013 08:06 AM | Show all posts

in theory, all web hosting companies should and do use UPS. if they don't, then they are not a reliable web hosting companies. as far as the size of the UPS, you should not have concern as they always and should have more than enough capability to support their infrastructures during power outage.

if you do have concern, contact the web hosting companies you're interested in, and ask for a permission for a site visit to check on their infrastructures. this usually applies to big clients. if you're regular users or small businesses, they usually don't allow due to security purposes.

big webhosting companies, they have their own datacenters. small one, they usually rent out a space from third party companies that manage datacenters. fyi, different datacenters have different designs. but, each one do have redundance power supply; direct from utility, UPS and generator. some, even have UPS for individual cabinets, or even individual servers/appliances (most of the time, based on customer request).

rule of thumb, if you see 99.999% up-time, that means they have an excellence power infrastructure.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-4-2013 09:22 AM | Show all posts
oobi posted on 22-4-2013 08:06 AM
in theory, all web hosting companies should and do use UPS. if they don't, then they are not a rel ...

thank you very much~~~~~~

Use magic Report

Post time 22-4-2013 02:12 PM | Show all posts
oobi posted on 22-4-2013 08:06 AM
in theory, all web hosting companies should and do use UPS. if they don't, then they are not a rel ...

agree.. they might have modular and centralized power supplies UPS..however, they also involves a number of disadvantages, especially in the upfront and maintenance costs. My point is they filter many unwanted electrical disturbances from the mains power supply...

in terms of engineering Online UPS are themselves highly susceptible to damage caused by lightning transients, due to the inherent fact that UPS systems are themselves might heavily semi conductor based,

and are therefore subject to the same damaging and effects as brought about by lightning transients..

UPS fail to transfer to bypass when Mains power is removed period or completely, cause battery life to be exhausted, where the unit will then shut down automatically, transferring the load to unprotected raw mains.  Lightning transients often damage the rectifier/charger component, thereby transferring the load to the bypass, further requiring UPS to be put in maintenance bypass, or even completely removed from the circuit for off site repair. I've confirmed there is no repairing on UPS unit based on my previous employer
they dont' even recycle it..

Last edited by phongsakorn on 22-4-2013 02:13 PM

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 22-4-2013 09:43 PM | Show all posts
i still choose Netkl for web hosting..good technical support 24 hours a day
even 4 am ..

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic
Dividen KWSP 2023 5.4% dan 5.5%
AbahmungDividen KWSP 2023 5.4% dan 5.5%
Views : 1718 Replies : 0
Wanita Asing Puji Malaysia Negara Selamat, Tak Takut Jalan Sendirian Jam 5 Pagi di jalan lengang berhampiran pasar Pudu.Netizen berbelah bagi
YgBenarWanita Asing Puji Malaysia Negara Selama
Views : 9256 Replies : 43
Restoran Kantan Datin Isma
AngelFreakyAFRestoran Kantan Datin Isma
Views : 23536 Replies : 145
Kedah Ada Work-Life Balance, Gaji Berbaloi’ – Pekerja Belia.Anda nak pindah Kedah?
YgBenarKedah Ada Work-Life Balance, Gaji Berbal
Views : 3051 Replies : 1
[JTBC/Netflix 2024] FRANKLY SPEAKING/NO SECRET ~ Go Kyoung Pyo, Kang Han Na, Joo Jong Hyuk  ~ Release Date 1 May
Rahah[JTBC/Netflix 2024] FRANKLY SPEAKING/NO
Views : 7436 Replies : 14
Carta Official Muzik Muzik 39 (2024)
fadz84Carta Official Muzik Muzik 39 (2024)
Views : 16425 Replies : 102
[Disney+ 2024] BLOOD FREE/DOMINANT SPECIES - Ju Ji Hoon, Han Hyo Joo, Lee Hee Joon, Lee Mu Saeng
Rahah[Disney+ 2024] BLOOD FREE/DOMINANT SPECI
Views : 5430 Replies : 65
Koleksi Foto : Bunga v2
tariKoleksi Foto : Bunga v2
Views : 105370 Replies : 1544
NAZIR RAZAK KAWEN BARU UOLS..
malaysiaku123NAZIR RAZAK KAWEN BARU UOLS..
Views : 69148 Replies : 388
[tvN/Netflix 2024] QUEEN OF TEARS - Kim Soo Hyun, Kim Ji Won, Park Sung Hoon
Rahah[tvN/Netflix 2024] QUEEN OF TEARS - Kim
Views : 21247 Replies : 425

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

4-5-2024 02:40 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.062700 second(s), 38 queries .