Post time 3-8-2011 01:50 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

cantik la nori masa catwalk tu

Use magic Report

Post time 3-8-2011 01:51 PM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by samshik at 3-8-2011 13:55

from the star

He is so talked about, yet quite little is known about him. JOCELINE TAN has insights into the less seen side of Khairy Jamaluddin who is well on his way to becoming the next deputy Umno Youth chief.  WHEN Khairy Jamaluddin joined Umno Youth in 1999, he was tall, dark, quite handsome and clean-shaven. He is still tall, dark and quite handsome but he now sports a slight moustache and a goatee of sorts. The last seems to be an obligatory look in Umno Youth circles, a trend that has partly to do with prevailing religious norms and partly with looking macho.  In that sense, Khairy is not far different from any of the boys in the Youth wing. But he is hardly the average Umno Youth guy.

For a start, he was educated largely overseas because of his late diplomat father’s postings; he is a graduate of Oxford University; and his father-in-law is the Prime Minister. His mind also works like a Pentium processor.  “Some people are intimidated by the fact that his father-in-law is the Prime Minister but it’s the way his mind is always two steps ahead of you that makes me nervous,” said a Selangor Youth politician. And like many people with quick minds, he often talks at a mile a minute – a nightmare if one is interviewing him without a tape recorder.  Khairy – KJ to his friends – is about to step into Umno Youth in a big way.

There is little doubt he will secure the 29 nominations he needs to qualify for the No. 2 post of Umno Youth by the end of today. There are equally few doubts that by the time the division meetings for the Youth wing ends on July 22, he will have won the post uncontested.  Khairy has been at the centre of a rather unique storm of public opinion the past few months. He broke his silence this weekend, speaking to a string of media people about how he viewed his role in Umno Youth and the criticisms levelled against him.  “I feel like I have traversed three universes over the past few months,” he said. A great deal of the debate about him concerned the then possibility that he would be appointed chief operating officer of Khazanah Nasional before it spilled over to more discussion about his political ambitions.  

It was a baptism of fire via the Internet for the 28-year-old who up till then had seemed to lead a charmed life. If there are lessons to be learnt from that episode of his life, it would be that people out there are deeply resentful of connections and short-cuts whether in politics or work, and that hearsay still dominates a great deal of Malaysian political discussion and the racial perspective often creeps in when arguments escalate.  How has Khairy taken all of it? “I wish I could say I took it all on the chin.

After so many blogs and Internet articles, you just have to keep your eye on the ball and try not to be shattered. Some of it has been hurtful but I suppose in politics if you can’t take the heat, you get out of the kitchen,” he said. But his mother was quite shattered.  “I read all those things they said ... that all Malays go to university on scholarships. My son went on a mother’s scholarship because he wanted to do PPE (Philosophy, Politics and Economics) in Oxford and the government did not pay for such courses,” said Datin Rahmah Abdul Hamid.  What cut her most deeply was how people who had never met or spoken to her son were so quick to pass judgement. “Friends consoled me. They said: ‘We know how Jamaluddin and Rahmah have brought up their son. What are these people talking about?’ “ she recalled.  Rahmah, an active 69-year-old, has two other children, daughters Mona and Hana. Khairy, she admitted, has always been rather special because he arrived late in her life, when she had touched 40.

She said she often tells friends: “I have three men in my life – my father who loved me, my husband whom I adored and my son whom I adore.”  She keeps up with current events: when contacted on Thursday evening, she said: “Aren’t you watching the Prime Minister's interview (on RTM1)? Can you call again after the interview?” Khairy, she recalled, played more sports than he studied, and was (and still is) a “gila football” sort of guy. He has been a Manchester United fan since the age of nine and plays futsal now.

He liked fast food so much that she suggested he worked at McDonalds during a term break: he did, at the Bangsar outlet. “I thought he might follow in his father’s footsteps but he came home, fell in love and stepped into all these things,” Rahmah said. Khairy has often been perceived as ambitious, cocky and in too much of a hurry. He is quite likely all of these things and more, as many 28-year-olds are.  By the time he met his future wife Nori Abdullah, he had already earned his Masters and held two jobs. Kamal Khalid, his former colleague in the PM’s office, said: “It's not so much arrogance as a case of people who are intelligent and who are not afraid to show they are intelligent. Yes, he has a temper. I’ve seen him lose his temper but he’s also seen me lose mine.”

Khairy joined then Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi’s office in 1999. A friend from his Oxford days was working with ISIS together with Nori, who indicated that her father was looking for someone young as an aide.  The friend remembered that Khairy while at Oxford had quietly admired Abdullah.  “A few of us had started a student magazine, Ethos. He was the third editor of Ethos and had written an article predicting that Pak Lah would win in the vice-presidents’ election. Somehow, Abdullah appealed to his young ideals.  “I told Khairy, ‘there’s this job and it happens to be someone you admire.’ I introduced him to Nori and he started work with the DPM not long after. I only discovered Khairy and Nori had started dating at my own wedding dinner months later.” Abdullah provides a genuine father figure for Khairy and those who have played golf with the Prime Minister have noted how he often speaks of his son-in-law’s golfing skills, referring to him as “my Khairy.”  

Some say the sobriquet “the most powerful 28-year-old” has been great for his ego as well as a hindrance. His status as son-in-law is also a double-edged sword of sorts: while it opened innumerable doors for him, it has also been used to undermine his own natural intellect and ability and raised the question of conflict of interests.  “Very few people have had to go through the intensity of backstabbing and criticism I went through, and a great deal of it was because I’m related to (the PM),” said Khairy.  

He was drawing so much criticism and blame for all manner of things, and was even accused of determining who would sit on the Cabinet that he resigned from his deputy private secretary post several months ago. It was, Nori recalled, a bad period for her husband.  “I grew up used to things taking a nasty turn in politics but I don’t think Khairy has ever faced that sort of situation, where people questioned his integrity and his ability when he’s put in a lot of effort. I felt really bad for him,” she said. But the experience seems to have been well learnt. Khairy admitted candidly that the benchmark will be even tougher after this – “way up in the stratosphere” – especially if he wins the Umno Youth post uncontested.  “There is going to be really high expectations. People will be saying he got it easy during the nominations because he is the PM’s son-in-law and I will probably have to go through a lot more intense criticism in the short term. The spotlight’s going to be on 24 hours and seven days,” he said.  Abdullah, Khairy said, has offered some advice: remain focused, be humble and stay in touch with the ground. “He said that’s where political strength comes from. That’s how he survived, with support from the ground.”  In many ways, Umno Youth politicians like Datuk Hishammuddin Hussein and Khairy are signs of how Umno has evolved from a nationalist “bangsa, agama dan negara” (race, religion and country) kind of movement to one where such values become so implicit in that they need not be demonstrated in an extreme manner.  

A question commonly asked is whether the Youth wing supports him per se or supports the son-in-law of the Prime Minister. “That’s insulting to Umno Youth. The guys on the ground are not people who can be ordered to go for certain things. They have minds of their own. If I was a terrible candidate I would not have their support,” he said.  But he will have to remain very realistic about the ground sentiment even if he breezes through to the No. 2 post in Umno Youth. Being uncontested does not always mean unanimity on the ground. There will always be pockets that support other groups or individuals.  Khairy will still have to prove himself as a top-ranking Youth politician in the months and years to come. He cannot just mouth niceties that he wants to be humble, work with the grassroots, be an able assistant to Hishammuddin, and so on.  

He will have to seriously match his words with deeds.

Use magic Report

windu jugak sama kamuuu!!! maner kome menghilang!!!
samshik Post at 3-8-2011 13:46

sungguh bz dgn kerja dan kerja2 sampingan. hehe

mekk..sungguh gojes lah KJ ni..lg gojes dari RI.... jgn mare.

dulu mmg tangkap syok dgn KJ ni. especially bila dgr dia speaking london. perghhh...mcm org brazil ke,argentina. sedap dengar dia speaking london. tak kesah lah dia greedy ke, hape ke. yg penting dia howtttt.........org2 rembau cuci2 mata lah ye ahli parlimen anda sungguh kacaks, gojes dan howttt...

Use magic Report

Post time 3-8-2011 01:52 PM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by tundahgulana at 3-8-2011 13:54

Reply 51# sekunyut

aku pernah berselisih ngan KJ...
boleh tahan jugak lah tinggi dia
aku rasa dia cecah 6' kot

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 3-8-2011 01:52 PM | Show all posts
samshik Post at 3-8-2011 13:38

kenduunyehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! ;)

Use magic Report

Post time 3-8-2011 01:53 PM | Show all posts
mekasih mekk..upload gambar KJ yg sungguh howt!!

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 3-8-2011 01:54 PM | Show all posts
Reply 75# samshik

mek bini heols nmpk tua sblm waktu.....duit byk pg repair apa yg patut...aku lak yg risau laki hensom lak tu

Use magic Report

Post time 3-8-2011 01:55 PM | Show all posts
ni anak sume ikut muke mak!!

Use magic Report

Post time 3-8-2011 01:55 PM | Show all posts
Remy in person yang mek kenal is someone yang mood nyer tak stabil .. but when he's in goo ...
samshik Post at 3-8-2011 13:14

fizo yg macam korean tu ke? ewww...aku tak suka lelaki putih2 sangat nih. terasa ayu gituuuu...

Use magic Report

Post time 3-8-2011 01:56 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time 3-8-2011 01:58 PM | Show all posts
dalam nie ader gambo mamat nie pakai pompuan

http://mayakhairy.blogspot.com/

Use magic Report

Post time 3-8-2011 01:59 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

dua2 cam bangla tp jadi kegilaan ppuan melayu
seb_baik Post at 3-8-2011 12:46 PM

bertuah badan...

Use magic Report

adekah ini thread KJ? {:1_126:}

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 3-8-2011 02:00 PM | Show all posts
Remy in person yang mek kenal is someone yang mood nyer tak stabil .. but when he's in goo ...
samshik Post at 3-8-2011 13:14

maksudnya remy ni jenis ada angin la ek....kejap ok, kejap moody camtu?....bosan la kalu org jenis berangin ni....kalu angin sbb kembung takpe gak la, leh sapu minyak yuyi cap limau...hehe...

Use magic Report

Post time 3-8-2011 02:00 PM | Show all posts
letak KJ dan FA sebelah menyebelah... aku pilih KJ
cik.panda Post at 3-8-2011 13:13

Letak ler saper jer belah KJ aku tetap pilih KJ ...

Use magic Report

Post time 3-8-2011 02:01 PM | Show all posts
sungguh bz dgn kerja dan kerja2 sampingan. hehe

mekk..sungguh gojes lah KJ ni..lg gojes d ...
tapibukanaku Post at 3-8-2011 13:50

takper .. yang penting mek dah tunaikan janji i ollsss

Use magic Report

Post time 3-8-2011 02:02 PM | Show all posts
maksudnya remy ni jenis ada angin la ek....kejap ok, kejap moody camtu?....bosan la kalu org jen ...
exclusive_vvip Post at 3-8-2011 14:00

haah.. bukan die jer .. ramai yang macam tu .. nak2 those yang pemes .. but die takan melenting for no reason .. kalu die penat tu better jangan kacau la .. and jangan tanyer soklan yang buleh downkan mood die .. (payah jugak jadi mamat sendu jiwa kuntum nie .. afterall .. die pun manusia..)

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

13-5-2024 10:57 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.075585 second(s), 41 queries .