CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: jfreemanns

WHY IS THE WELL OF ISHMAEL NO WHERE TO BE FOUND IN BEERSHEBA?

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 4-4-2011 08:39 PM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by jfreemanns at 4-4-2011 20:41

so by your explanation how do you differentiate between "major" and not so "major" sites worth the pampering as an important site to a religion? ....so are you suggesting that we leave the missing well of ishmael not found in Beersheba alone and perhaps carry on to other more interesting subjects then?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 5-4-2011 07:00 AM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by kompia23 at 5-4-2011 07:01
so by your explanation how do you differentiate between "major" and not so "major" sites worth the pampering as an important site to a religion?

What I'm saying is if God want to preserve the site, He will. If not, it's His supreme power to do so. Who are we to disagree. Furthermore, He has shown the wells existed in the said desert till today. That is good enough for me.

so are you suggesting that we leave the missing well of ishmael not found in Beersheba alone and perhaps carry on to other more interesting subjects then?

What is the significant of the well?? It just showed that Abraham lives in that region at that time. And to prove that the bible also indicated many place names as well.. This all still can be proven the locations. Very simple isn't it. Beersheba... can be traced today rite?

Regards

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 7-4-2011 08:54 PM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by jfreemanns at 7-4-2011 20:57
What I'm saying is if God want to preserve the site, He will. If not, it's His supreme power to do so. Who are we to disagree. Furthermore, He has shown the wells existed in the said desert till today. That is good enough for me. kompia23 Post at 5-4-2011 07:00

What is good for you does not mean that it will defend the purpose of what is good for you. I'm not really sure if God wants to preserve any sites at all. That job belongs to those who believe in HIM and HIS demand of religion from them. Rather then sites, God would have concentrated more on the original Commandments tablet that Moses held high upon coming down from the mountain....if GOD truly has intention to protect anything at all. Remember that the tablet was smashed to smitterins....so why was that not preserved? Seas could open up a chasm divide. Rocks could spill water..so why not the tablet coming back together in its upheld stage?  Thing is if you believe you will persevere and hold in the highest esteem all that are associated with law and bible history...including timeline co-relation of events with sites for all that has been spoken of in Bible.
What is the significant of the well?? It just showed that Abraham lives in that region at that time. And to prove that the bible also indicated many place names as well.. This all still can be proven the locations. Very simple isn't it. Beersheba... can be traced today rite?

Significance of the well you say? One mother of all significances Kompy. The missing well which you casually accepted for MIA in Bible corelation has opened up a can of worms the likes you will never see in this lifetime for the missing well of Ishmael has indicated one very big questionable truth....in that was Abraham ever there in the first place?

Use magic Report

Post time 10-4-2011 01:36 PM | Show all posts
Remember that the tablet was smashed to smitterins....so why was that not preserved? Seas could open up a chasm divide. Rocks could spill water..so why not the tablet coming back together in its upheld stage?

I guess you forgot that it is not the stone that is important but the writings on it. The historical sites are not as important as the message that God brought through Jesus. That is salvation belongs to those who believe in the Son.

Significance of the well you say? One mother of all significances Kompy.

It is just a place in Beersheba. In the desert which still existing today. Wells are still plenty available there. And put in ur minds, thousands years have past.

Regards

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 11-4-2011 01:50 AM | Show all posts
without the well how sure are you to say that Abraham was ever there in the first place?

Use magic Report

Post time 18-4-2011 12:58 PM | Show all posts
without the well how sure are you to say that Abraham was ever there in the first place?

Simple.. Look at the historical writing. Not only the Jewish ones but also the Roman, Egypt historical records. Also, the desert of Beersheba mentioned by Abraham still there right?  Till today??

Regards

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 18-4-2011 05:51 PM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by jfreemanns at 19-4-2011 19:59
Simple.. Look at the historical writing. Not only the Jewish ones but also the Roman, Egypt historical records. Also, the desert of Beersheba mentioned by Abraham still there right?  Till today??kompia23 Post at 18-4-2011 12:58

You look towards historical writings when in times of distress but yet you deny historical writings for their worth when it comes to matching what was written WITH the physical representation of what that has been written? I an happy for you if you take it to be that "simple" ..... but a simpler solution would be to tie in Abraham with the well of Ishamel in Beersheba as then we would have a "source point" for Abraham's true whereabouts. So do you have the "source point" or an alternative to support Abraham's journey to this end in Beersheba as written in Bible?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-4-2011 07:59 PM | Show all posts
WHY SO QUIET KOMPIA? DON'T YOU HAVE FAITH IN HISTORICAL WRITINGS NOW?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 25-4-2011 01:18 AM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by jfreemanns at 25-4-2011 01:21

Looks like Kompia has finally committed to doing something really smart.....being quiet when not having the truth to trade with. Congrats Kompia for white flagging a NO ANSWER ZONE.

Use magic Report

Post time 27-4-2011 01:52 PM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by kompia23 at 27-4-2011 13:53
So do you have the "source point" or an alternative to support Abraham's journey to this end in Beersheba as written in Bible?

The bible, historical facts...  

http://www.bible-history.com/lin ... &subcat_name=Israel

http://www.aboutbibleprophecy.com/s38.htm

Go search on the internet, there are many sites you can visit. BTW, I'm still around, just tat I went off few weeks for my holidays and to relax. Wait for my answers and plez dont put words for me... "waving white flags"... ...  

Regards

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 27-4-2011 09:33 PM | Show all posts
So where is the one on the well of Ishmael that would be a "source point" of Abraham's sourjoun of abandonment for Ishmael?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 11-5-2011 05:45 PM | Show all posts
any answers ....perhaps even a small try?

Use magic Report

Post time 16-5-2011 07:30 AM | Show all posts
The question is:
WHY IS THE WELL OF ISHMAEL NO WHERE TO BE FOUND IN BEERSHEBA?

Perhaps, just read Gen 21:19 again, you may find the answer.

19 Then God opened her eyes, and she saw a well of water. ...

God's blessing is specific to someone needs. A well to sustain Hagar life was for Hagar and Ismael. Perhaps, someone cries like Hagar will found it.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 16-5-2011 07:57 PM | Show all posts
Does that mean that the well will only be made available and seen only by Hagar in her hour of need? Can God do that??

Use magic Report

Post time 17-5-2011 01:41 AM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by louiektc at 17-5-2011 01:59

Gen 16:7 Now the Angel of the LORD found her by a spring of water in the wilderness, by the spring on the way to Shur..
Gen 16:13 Then she called the name of the LORD who spoke to her, You-Are-the-God-Who-Sees; for she said, "Have I also here seen Him who sees me?"

In her first trial-run-away in Gen 16, she was pregnant. God heard her affliction and gave her a promise.

When she knew that she will be sent to wilderness, she must be departed with sorrow and sadness. And the worst thing for a mother can take on is to grieve the suffering of her own child but could not help much. I don't like this scene at all in the bible, but in reality, unfair life is just so common. Isn't It? When someone in grieve, perhaps he is blinded to everything, including the well right next to him.

God opened her eyes not for just a well, but she was no longer a slave from there on. God loves everyone and ready to change anyone provided someone could open his eyes to God. Hagar did that and God fulfilled His promise. Hagar was a mother of a great nation, and Ishmael dwelled in the presence of all his brethren.

May I ask, today, who do you slave to? perhaps, open your eyes to God and you shall get your own well.

Use magic Report

Post time 26-5-2011 10:01 AM | Show all posts
Does that mean that the well will only be made available and seen only by Hagar in her hour of need? Can God do that??

Yes. if God chosen to do so. Just like when God only allowed Abraham to knock the rocks to give out water. If others do so, i guess you know the result.

On the well issue, it is already being answered in ur own question itself. it is in Beersheba and archeological proofs are there.

Regards.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 26-5-2011 08:55 PM | Show all posts
Yes. if God chosen to do so. Just like when God only allowed Abraham to knock the rocks to give  ...
kompia23 Post at 26-5-2011 10:01

Eheemmm....Abraham did not "knock the rocks to get water".....that was done by Moses at the Rock of Horeb..

Use magic Report

Post time 10-6-2011 12:09 PM | Show all posts
jfreemanns Post at 16-5-2011 19:57

What has made you think, God does not understand Hagar need? and God cannot do things in His own way?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-6-2011 07:48 PM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by jfreemanns at 19-6-2011 19:49
What has made you think, God does not understand Hagar need? and God cannot do things in His own w ...
louiektc Post at 10-6-2011 12:09

Kompia just fell off the Rock of Horeb with Abraham. I surely think you will agree that God understands Kompia's devotion needs and zest to defend the BIble ans God at all costs.......and yet Kompia still fell off the Rock of Horeb with Abraham.

So why do you think that the well of Ishmael cannot be found in Beersheba as the Bible said it would?

Use magic Report

Post time 7-7-2011 08:31 AM | Show all posts
Reply 117# jfreemanns

Eheemmm....Abraham did not "knock the rocks to get water".....that was done by Moses at the Rock of Horeb..

Nice for you to correct me.... he he.. At least I know that you know the story well..

Regards

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

5-5-2024 05:59 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.068182 second(s), 42 queries .