CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 1082|Reply: 1

Chip in Brain Implants Are the Future!!!

[Copy link]
Post time 21-11-2009 05:48 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Intel: Chip in Brain Implants Are the Future                                                               
                                                            I just hope that our brains won't BSOD.
                                                                                Zoom
Working on your typing skills or even learning Dvorak or Colemak(admittedly, I have) to make you a more efficient worker? That may beall for nothing as Intel believes that we'll be able to control ourcomputers with our brains by 2020.
Intel and its research partners are studying how brain acts when itthinks. For example, scientists have found that people's brains reactin a similar manner when asked to think of a bear.
Through sensors that can detect this sort of brain activity, Intelthink that it will be able to read and translate this into an inputsystem thanks to a brain implantable chip.
"We're trying to prove you can do interesting things with brain waves," Intel research scientist Dean Pomerleau told Computerworld."Eventually people may be willing to be more committed ... to brainimplants. Imagine being able to surf the Web with the power of yourthoughts."
Even if thinking about a bear isn't enough to detect that you wantto copy and paste something, Intel still thinks that there's a futurein using your brain instead of the keyboard.
"If we can get to the point where we can accurately detect specificwords, you could mentally type," he added. "You could composecharacters or words by thinking about letters flashing on the screen ortyping whole words rather than their individual characters."
While this may all sound far-fetched, or perhaps even inconvenientfor present time, Intel thinks that it's possible and something we'llall want.
"I think human beings are remarkable adaptive," said Andrew Chien,vice president of research and director of future technologies researchat Intel Labs. "If you told people 20 years ago that they would becarrying computers all the time, they would have said, 'I don't wantthat. I don't need that.' Now you can't get them to stop [carryingdevices]. There are a lot of things that have to be done first but Ithink [implanting chips into human brains] is well within the scope ofpossibility."
Make good use of your fancy mouse and keyboard set up before they're obsolete, folks.
                                        Source : Tom's Hardware US

Apa pandangan korang? Best tak kalau kita boleh surf internet guna otak jer... huhuhu tahun 2020 tu... Malaysia dah masuk negara maju masa tu

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 21-11-2009 05:52 PM | Show all posts
mudah skit UMNGOK nak terus berkuasa. tanam chip dlm setiap kepala rakyat.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

29-4-2024 11:10 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.061715 second(s), 27 queries .