Post time 17-1-2009 11:31 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Discuss.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 19-1-2009 08:43 AM | Show all posts
lorrr.....ape kebenda tu?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-1-2009 09:37 PM | Show all posts
mengejar keseronokan dunia, mengikut nafsu melulu, dan sbg nya.

Use magic Report

Post time 20-1-2009 04:11 PM | Show all posts
explaination...

The basic idea behind hedonistic thought is that pleasure is the only thing that is good for a person. This is often used as a justification for evaluating actions in terms of how much pleasure and how little pain (i.e. suffering) they produce. In very simple terms, a hedonist strives to maximize this net pleasure (pleasure minus pain). The nineteenth-century British philosophers John Stuart Mill and Jeremy Bentham defended the ethical theory of utilitarianism, according to which we should perform whichever action is best for everyone. Conjoining hedonism, as a view as to what is good for people, to utilitarianism has the result that all action should be directed toward achieving the greatest amount of happiness for everyone. Though consistent in their pursuit of happiness, Bentham and Mill抯 versions of hedonism differ. There are two somewhat basic schools of thought on hedonism:[1]

One school, grouped around Jeremy Bentham, defends a quantitative approach. Bentham believed that the value of a pleasure could be quantitatively understood. Essentially, he believed the value of a pleasure to be its intensity multiplied by its duration - so it was not just the number of pleasures, but their intensity and how long they lasted that must be taken into account.
Other proponents, like John Stuart Mill, argue a qualitative approach. Mill believed that there can be different levels of pleasure - higher quality pleasure is better than lower quality pleasure. Mill also argues that simpler beings (he often references pigs) have an easier access to the simpler pleasures; since they do not see other aspects of life, they can simply indulge in their pleasures. The more elaborate beings tend to spend more thought on other matters and hence lessen the time for simple pleasure. It is therefore more difficult for them to indulge in such "simple pleasures" in the same manner.

cortesy of wikipedia

Use magic Report

Post time 20-1-2009 04:19 PM | Show all posts
correction..typo

*courtesy

Use magic Report

Post time 20-1-2009 06:29 PM | Show all posts

Reply #5 airyfairy's post

so apa pendapat you dgn artikel di atas?

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 21-1-2009 08:53 AM | Show all posts
boleh tak kata, didikan mak/ayah sgt berkait rapat dgn isu nie....

mak/ayah sekarang lagi risau anak dia tak pakai poney drp makanan rohani anak tu....so?...

Use magic Report

Post time 21-1-2009 11:09 AM | Show all posts
basically depends on the which side of the "world" you are basing your view on, like to a religious scholar he wil tend to say so and so about  having too much fun, but to a party go-ers well , the views ventured will surely be of the opposite nature of the former ones, so u see, from my viewpoint

it is the type - like what did you do to  indulge yourself in pleasureable moments - sit by the beach,  by the KLCC fountain or at the large window glass panel overlooking the klcc park at kinokuniya  ker... , duration, the challenges one needs to dash through to taste the pleasure of winning ....something, events etc life events , the amount of rewarding moments while still enjoying the pleasure. So these are the variables that i would consider into accounts when reflecting the so called " pleasure"

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 31-1-2009 03:18 PM | Show all posts

Reply #7 my-alja's post

i was thinking of decorating the kids with Baby Gucci or something similar.

anyway, according to mr wiki, Hedonism is related with Epicureanism, a philosophy of pleasure/luxury.
Epicurous is Greek and although he is the one who coined thi philosophy, his life is utterly simple. He avoided people who are obsessed with pleasures of the world (read: materialistic) and maintained his relationship with those who desire 'ultimate pleasure'. I guess pleasure here means pleasure without the means of materials. Ultimate pleasure must be done within and through the soul.

so, coming back to tuan rumah nyer discussion, does hedonism pays off? i think we have to ask ourselves what kinda pleasure are we seeking. some people might be happy with more things, some people might be happy with lesser stuff but freedom to do watever he wants.

am i right? thats my 2 cents...

Use magic Report

Post time 7-2-2009 10:14 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by jaundice at 19-1-2009 09:37 PM
mengejar keseronokan dunia, mengikut nafsu melulu, dan sbg nya.

these would answer the topic already...especially the word 'melulu'

Use magic Report

Post time 8-2-2009 02:11 PM | Show all posts
pleasure makes perfect but pain makes it worthwhile.

Use magic Report

Post time 9-2-2009 10:48 PM | Show all posts
hedonism is a selfish act of pleasurable rituals, usually associated to Generation Y due to unlimited access to family wealth, given as compensation for lack of attention from overachieving parents whose too busy making more money for their kids.

to answer your question, from Gen Y p.o.v, yes, it is totally worth it

Use magic Report

Post time 11-2-2009 10:08 AM | Show all posts
well, hedonism pay off only for a certain period.seronok2 kejap2 je...sampaikan kite lalai ngan tuntutan agama..biar berpada2...ade batasnye...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

14-5-2024 10:35 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.361727 second(s), 39 queries .