CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 15191|Reply: 99

Between being a thinker and a simpleton?

[Copy link]
Post time 13-7-2008 04:16 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
Which one do you prefer? Being a thinker who analyze situations and always try to create justifications of thoughts and actions ataupun just be a simpleton--tak perlu fikir banyak-banyak dan tak perlu peduli--taking life as it is, taking rules or a set of beliefs as it is with occasional complaints once in a while tapi tu je lah kan. No deep thinking.

Kalau saya, saya prefer jadi simpleton sekarang ni. I think there are too much things in my mind and I can't bear them.

[size=100%]But there抯 no escaping it. A thinker is always a thinker--perpetually entangled in chaos.

And actually, apa sebenarnya yang makes one a thinker dan kenapa orang yang lain jadik simpleton je? Any thoughts?

[ Last edited by  Santeira at 13-7-2008 04:21 AM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 13-7-2008 04:31 AM | Show all posts
what makes a thinker?
maybe rasa insecurity dorang..takut what will happen for every step they take...
so they end up thinking n planning....

maybe they are the type that wants perfection in everything they do...so a tiny error bothers them a lot so they think a lot b4 doin something...

just my 2 cents...i might b wrong...

i believe i'm a simpleton..at least now i am :victory:

previously used to be a thinker type.. but everytime the outcome is not as i wished...

so now...takin life as it is...one step a day...one day at a time ;)

Use magic Report

Post time 13-7-2008 05:02 AM | Show all posts
saya rasa naz tak paham maksud thinker tu.

Use magic Report

Post time 13-7-2008 05:11 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by adi_iskandar at 13-7-2008 05:02 AM

haha...ye ke....awal pagi tgh mamai

Use magic Report

Post time 13-7-2008 05:20 AM | Show all posts
personally aku rasa loneliness and curiosity makes a thinker type person, and the opposite is vice versa. its a trait you build up since young.

Use magic Report

Post time 13-7-2008 07:28 AM | Show all posts
thinking is our job as khalifah, it will not surely give you happiness.....

but being simpleton, will represent nature.....unfortunately, theres good and bad nature....so simpleton can be good and bad without thinking so much.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 13-7-2008 07:57 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by adi_iskandar at 13-7-2008 05:02 AM

MEMANG DIA TAK FAHAM.........KO BUAT AKU LAGI TAK FAHAM.............1 + 1 JAWABNYA  2  BUKANNYA 3 YG KO NAK PIKR BUKAN2 TU BUAT APE......PIKIRLAH PAGI NI NAK MAKAN ROTI CANAI KE....NASI LEMAK KE.......KENYANG PERUT PASTU TIDO LAH.......HIDUP NI SENANG .....KO TAK YAH PIKIR2 MASALAH YG BUKAN MASALAH KO.......MCM AKU NI LAH DOK SUSAH2 PIKIR MASALAH KO......BAIK AKU PIKIR MASALAH AKU.....

Use magic Report

Post time 13-7-2008 08:06 AM | Show all posts
be both a good thinker, and good simpleton....

not a bad thinker, and a bad simpleton.

you need to think even to be a good simpleton.....

and you dont need to think that much to be a bad thinker....

[ Last edited by  ussopp at 13-7-2008 08:09 AM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 13-7-2008 09:13 AM | Show all posts

Reply #8 ussopp's post

agreed with the points

Use magic Report

Post time 13-7-2008 01:01 PM | Show all posts

Reply #7 tom5190's post

mr tom,

Please don't use capital letter next time. Usually it's considered as shouting and rude, even unintentionally.

Just a friendly reminder. Do post here often.

Use magic Report

Post time 13-7-2008 01:10 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Santeira at 13-7-2008 04:16 AM
Which one do you prefer? Being a thinker who analyze situations and always try to create justifications of thoughts and actions ataupun just be a simpleton--tak perlu fikir banyak-banyak dan tak perlu peduli--taking life as it is, taking rules or a set of beliefs as it is with occasional complaints once in a while tapi tu je lah kan. No deep thinking.

Kalau saya, saya prefer jadi simpleton sekarang ni. I think there are too much things in my mind and I can't bear them.

But there’s no escaping it. A thinker is always a thinker--perpetually entangled in chaos.

And actually, apa sebenarnya yang makes one a thinker dan kenapa orang yang lain jadik simpleton je? Any thoughts?

Actually practising quieteing the mind is not equal to being a simpleton. There are thousands of thought running through our mind everyday, and it is nice to quiet our mind. To be more peaceful and serene. Someone who is wise probably is always in the satte of peace, with little useless thought. He/she would only think powerful and deliberate thought, mastering his mind.

Maybe a simpleton has as much thought as a thinker. Only they think of simpleton's stuff all the time.

Drop worries, drop thinking, even  for just a moment and rest in your beingness. It won't make you stupid. the mind would not be able to figure everything out. It is a limited appratus given to us. Eventhough the limits are very, very high.

How to drop? Maybe through prayer, meditation, yoga, through prayer, mindfulness etc...

The mind will actually perform better without all the chatter.

Tame the wild horse, the agitated monkey...

That would be nice.

Use magic Report

Post time 13-7-2008 02:49 PM | Show all posts
the real thinker is a simpleton, in all aspect of his or her life

i think the key is with 'photographic memory'

u got to train u mind 'think' faster than light so it seems simple to outsider..u seem to have all the answer to any problem

so u need to train those physical brain of urs lah kan? u need to exercise it with brain exercise so u brain will become super power 'antenna', it will delve itself into the sea of knowledge, the infinite knowledge

in the end, u should check ur habit

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-7-2008 08:44 AM | Show all posts

Balas #11 Agul\ catat

That is the most comforting advice I'd ever gotten in years. Thanks. I'll try to create peace in my mind, having it quieted a little doesn't mean I have to dumb myself down.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-7-2008 08:48 AM | Show all posts

Balas #12 ajinomotonosuga\ catat

Do you mean that a person with photographic memory is more inclined to being a simpleton?

My habit is that I always get lost in my thoughts--people say have this own little world that I resort to. Usually, I don't realize when this happens. I'd be quiet and completely oblivious until somebody says--"There you are--in that little world of yours again".

[ Last edited by  Santeira at 14-7-2008 09:07 AM ]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-7-2008 08:48 AM | Show all posts

Balas #8 ussopp\ catat

Makes perfect sense.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-7-2008 08:49 AM | Show all posts

Balas #5 adi_iskandar\ catat

I think this is true also. I think I have been curious and lonely since i was young so I end up thinking a lot. It doesn't mean I was not in  a crowd. I had people around me, but I've always felt alone. But whether they were worthless thoughts, I'll spend my time to deliberate.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 14-7-2008 10:48 AM | Show all posts
I'm a thinking simpleton. I respond with quickly and easily but i just like to know. If you understand the concept and the mechanics of things, then you dont need to think a lot when the situation arises.

Take it easy. Forget the choices you didnt take. Make the best of the ones you made.

Use magic Report

Post time 14-7-2008 01:28 PM | Show all posts
Can I exist as a simple thinker?

Use magic Report

Post time 14-7-2008 09:26 PM | Show all posts
I'm thinker,most of the time I think about what I thought rather than how I feel,so I have trouble describing myself or something..

I'm  a loner and very curious...

Thinking alone would never get you anywhere,you should resort to action...which I always procrastinate ..

Use magic Report

Post time 15-7-2008 07:41 PM | Show all posts
i'm married to a thinker....and that make me a simpleton

he's a loner, reserve type, very high standard...
dr boyd said in his book...task-oriented n slow-paced person is a "thinker"

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

15-5-2024 04:57 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.090836 second(s), 47 queries .