CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 11900|Reply: 92

The root of all evil

[Copy link]
Post time 13-6-2008 12:55 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
The root of all evil is not money. Money is just an inanimate thing, a concept people hold on to. IMHO, the real root of all evil is solely, and only燵b]insecurities. There are no other reason. None at all.

Many people are feeling very insecure nowadays. everywhere there is message of terror, environental issues, economic爌roblems,爓orldwide爏hortage爀tc...

Countries attack countries. People attack people. Spouse attack spouse with sometime physical abuse, but mostly verbal. If there are no insecurities, there would be no such thing.

People feel insecure, they feel that they are not safe, so they exerts all means to mantain this illusion of safety, by using apathy, grief, fear, lust, anger and pride to control other people. Most  organization, whether it be business, the government, religion, political parties etc have been using this tool to control the masses.

If everyone is secure within themselves, there would only be peace and happiness on earth.

[ Last edited by  Agul at 13-6-2008 03:54 PM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 13-6-2008 02:19 AM | Show all posts
inadequacy

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-6-2008 03:42 PM | Show all posts

Reply #2 noone's post

Wow! Such a profound answer, well, I was talking along the same line, not the exact word but inadequacy is insecurities.

Use magic Report

Post time 13-6-2008 08:43 PM | Show all posts

Reply #3 Agul's post

lol. i totally agree. at the end of the day, its always the things that we dont have we crave about.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-6-2008 12:01 AM | Show all posts

Reply #4 noone's post

Yeah, what you don't have you want.

Someone who don't have lots of money, usually lust over money. There are more greedy poor people than greedy rich people.

Someone who's not loving, alwas crave and wants people to love them, they even act nice to people, just because they want those people to love them back. They never really loves, they are just lusting and wanting attention. Quid pro quo. that's why some people always hold out love from their wife or husband, to protect themselves from hurt, stemming from sense of insecurities. Love or marriage is just a barter for them.

Someone who feels powerless inside, always want to rise in society, always want to dominate others. We have lots of tyrants, dictator and politician that seek power or dominion over other.

the list go on and on.

If everyone could be perfectly and inwardly truly confidence and secure. There will be no more evil. No more hurts in the world.

So the most important thing for everyone to do at this anti-anxiety perscription drug era is to not want security, but just be secure. Not wanting securities doesn't mean that you'll not be secure. The reverse is true. If you're already secure, you won't want it, you won't lack it. You already have too much ice-cream, you won't lust over ice-cream. But if you want and crave over ice-cream it means that you lack ice-cream and there are no ice-cream melting in their mouth.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 14-6-2008 02:16 AM | Show all posts

Reply #5 Agul's post

I always remember that Rasulullah SAW was offered four things to stop spreading Islam. That was wealth, power, women and security. Those are the four things that would never be enough in one's life.

For example, obviously money is never enough for most people. If one have pretty wife, there's always a prettier woman he has set his sight on.

World is in chaos because to some, no power is ever enough. And what is everything with no security?

My humble opinion is that the key to good over evil is gratitude. Be thankful of what we have and dont be selfish. Try to make the person next to you smile. You may have a joy you never had. And dont expect return. It leads to discomfort

[ Last edited by  noone at 14-6-2008 09:37 AM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 14-6-2008 11:36 AM | Show all posts

Reply #6 noone's post

Yeah gratitude is the key.

Use magic Report

Post time 15-6-2008 07:02 PM | Show all posts
yup, I agree...insecurities...sometimes a bit of lackadaisical
is good for you...insecurities might stem from having too high
an expectation...I remember reading someone saying..."I don't
want expectations, so I won't be punished"...very the deep...
this phrase...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 15-6-2008 07:26 PM | Show all posts

Reply #8 seribulan's post

yes , seri, sometime it is caused by too high an expectation, other peoples expectation, sometie it is us having such a low expectation of ourselves, selling ourselves short...

Use magic Report

Post time 18-6-2008 01:04 AM | Show all posts
If I might throw my thoughts a bit, firstly, evil seems to exist in the human world and not animal. Why?

Use magic Report

Post time 18-6-2008 04:48 PM | Show all posts

Reply #10 hamizao's post

IMHO, animals know their limit. and they were programmed (if i may say) to adhere to certain needs for the survival of their species only.

meanwhile, humans do no need to think about the survival of our species because we are the dominant species, however we are still given the competitive nature. when we have no other species to beat, we try to beat our own. in other word, we live for our ego.

Use magic Report

Post time 18-6-2008 11:24 PM | Show all posts
What is this thing we call evil?

Use magic Report

Post time 19-6-2008 12:39 AM | Show all posts

Reply #12 hamizao's post

evil is in the eye of the beholder

Use magic Report

Post time 19-6-2008 12:58 AM | Show all posts
Someone says it is "of the devil".

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-6-2008 02:02 PM | Show all posts

Reply #12 hamizao's post

Depend on who you ask.

Maybe it's our deviation from our true Self? Not self, but Self.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-6-2008 02:05 PM | Show all posts

Reply #11 noone's post

ego as in the sense of seperation.

Being insecure stems from the feeling of seperateness.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 19-6-2008 02:33 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by hamizao at 18-6-2008 01:04 AM
If I might throw my thoughts a bit, firstly, evil seems to exist in the human world and not animal. Why?

i rasa sebab human can talk and animal cannot talk
let say animal can talk...i think a cow would label the wolf is more evil than a duck

dun take it literally k

Use magic Report

Post time 19-6-2008 02:41 PM | Show all posts

Reply #1 Agul's post

how to be secured?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-6-2008 07:27 PM | Show all posts

Reply #18 my-alja's post

By letting go of inner insecurities. One should not stake securities on outside things, people, or events as this can always change in any moment. It really takes a very extensive work to do this.  

You need to find a way that reasonates with you. Whether it religion, or any kind of practise.

This is really needed in curent time. Everywhere there is a message of lack, woes doom in the news. All this rise in gas price, food apparent shortages, environmental threats, incompertent govt etc...

Use magic Report

Post time 20-6-2008 10:10 AM | Show all posts

Reply #15 Agul's post

Elaboration pleeese.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

14-5-2024 07:59 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.746451 second(s), 47 queries .