Register

ADVERTISEMENT

12Next
Return to list New
View: 5966|Reply: 25

the important things in life

[Copy link]
Post time 9-3-2008 06:52 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
What's important things in your life?  What's the most precious to you?  Kalu orang tanya kat aku..  hey amazed.. what's the important thing in your life...  aku terkedu  aku rasa.. well kalu aku ada anak definitely aku cakap  anak aku ... tapi sebab aku masih bachelor...  apa ye..  aku rasa most important thing in my life is .. secara jujurnya aku boleh jawab -  my health..  sebab aku mmg appreciate aku punya health.. pada aku kesihatan yang sihat, memainkan peranan penting dalam semua perkara yang aku buat...  

Mungkin pendapat aku ni tak sama dgn orang lain..  so  aku nak tau gak  what's important things in your life  wahai kawan2 dan musuh2 aku sekelian      share sikit.. aku pun nak tau gak ni :2cool:   busy body aku ni,  heh :re:

Aku bukak thread ni sbb terbaca article tentang  tu  with different views and perspective..     nanti lah sok sok apa pastekan ek..  bagus gak baca tu.. tapi  nak tahu dari forummers dulu  

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 9-3-2008 06:58 PM | Show all posts
errr... uat masa ni aku leh kata..KESIHATAN aku amat penting, tuk aku mncorakkan kehidupan mendatang,
per guna duit ribu raban hataa jutaan kalo sik sakit manjang....

esok2 aku reply lagi

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 10-3-2008 01:13 PM | Show all posts
for me health and loved ones ...walau sekaya mana seseorang itu,  kalau one cannot possess these 2 things, he/she is the poorest person of all..

health cannot be bought but loved one can...however how do you know your loved ones love you because of who you are and not your wealth...

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 11-3-2008 09:19 AM | Show all posts
With good health, you are able to make wealth. When you have both health and wealth, they will bring happiness.
So HEALTH, WEALTH and HAPPINESS are the most important things in my life.:2cool:

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 11-3-2008 05:55 PM | Show all posts
happiness comes 1st... with happiness, i'd be able to maintain healthy, body & mind, and it would drive me to work smarter and harder..

and happiness to me = having my loved ones beside me..

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 11-3-2008 08:00 PM | Show all posts

a great reading!!

The important things in life
By BALAMOHAN YUGENDERAN

What is precious to you? Your flat screen TV? Your nice car? To one little boy, it was a pebble.

A FEW years ago, while holidaying with my family in India, I had the opportunity to spend some time at one of the most luxurious and elegant hotels in the city of Agra, where the world famous Taj Mahal is located.

I also had the opportunity to do a lot of shopping; in fact, I went on something of a shopping spree. I just couldn抰 seem to stop spending money on things that I didn抰 really need.

Still contemplating what else I could buy, I stopped for lunch at a roadside restaurant. I ordered my food, and then started playing a game on my cell phone.

I was deeply involved in the game when, suddenly, I heard shouts and looked up. The shop owner was chasing someone around the tables. To my shock, I realised it was a little boy.

He looked like he was about four years old, and he had huge, shiny desperate eyes peering out of his face. He was barely clothed, and he was so skinny I could actually see his bones under his skin. He was crying and scrabbling around under the tables, searching for food while trying to avoid the shop owner.

When he approached my table, he saw me watching him and stared back at me with hope, wondering if I would give him something, and indeed, I did. I picked him up, seated him on my lap, and gave him my food.

He seemed ecstatic, as if he was being treated like a prince. He ate the chapati (flat bread) slowly with his hand, turning around to look at me warily from time to time to see if I was going to change my mind and chase him away too.

After I patted him a little bit, he seemed to feel reassured and quickly finished eating. He slid off my lap, and hugged me wordlessly. Then, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a shiny white pebble. Solemnly, he placed it in my hand as if it were a precious stone, and then turned around and ran away as fast as his legs could carry him.

At that moment, I realised something that has made me a better man today: what is a tiny thing to one person can mean the world to someone else. That pebble was obviously the little boy抯 most precious possession.

I have learned to appreciate every single thing and every person who is important to me the way that we are really meant to. To this day, I keep the white pebble under my pillow to constantly remind me about the important things in life.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 12-3-2008 03:37 PM | Show all posts

me?

as of now : it is good enough if i could smile ... this is very true..

Use magic Report

Post time 13-3-2008 12:12 AM | Show all posts
Many things are important in life. It depends on your goal (s), which is most important of all. Then all those factors that may help you achieve your goal(s) become important.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 13-3-2008 01:08 PM | Show all posts
apa yg penting ek ...

1. Solat .. walaupon kadang2 aku sembahyang cincai jer..(teruk tul) ..klu aku sembahyang hati aku jadi lega sebab at least aku tau aku still ingat kat Tuhan lagi ..
2.My family ..sebab diorang ler yg memberi aku harapan dan cita2 untuk berjaya dalam hidup
3.My best fwens .... i cant live without them .. they always with me during this journey ..really appreciate our fwenship ..
4.good soul ...(why? ...mmm dunno le.. just my 2cent ...hehehe)

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 13-3-2008 08:30 PM | Show all posts

Reply #1 amazed's post

to me, the most important things in my life are always these:

1. family - without them i wouldnt be where i am. sounds cheesy but its true! i am truly truly indebted by their generosity and selfishless mentality

2. education - every person has to be educated. period! its not about the PhD or Diploma but about the mental condition of the mind. the sanity of a mind that can generate better ideas for humankind. i always believe the best ideas come from sitting at the kedai mamak

3. self-sanity & health - i say these both running concurrently. good health gives good state of mind & sanity and also works vice versa. losing this will mean u loose identity

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 14-3-2008 12:41 PM | Show all posts
I would then say that my goals in life would be:

1. Knowledge - not necessarily with the usual initials to show for it. The knowledge would help to create the means to live life as well as can be and to fill the void that may otherwise be in life.

2. Companionship - especially someone(s) loyal to share life and have discourse with.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 19-4-2008 12:32 PM | Show all posts
To me the most important is health. followed by happiness and financial stability

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 20-4-2008 12:06 AM | Show all posts
Saje nak buat gempak sikit.....................the question is about  important THINGS in life , not what is impotrant in life. Ada perbezaan kan?

Use magic Report

Post time 28-4-2008 03:45 PM | Show all posts

Reply #13 hamizao's post

things can be abstract...it can be the same then...

BEING TRUE...

Use magic Report

Post time 29-4-2008 09:44 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by amazed at 9-3-2008 06:52 PM
What's important things in your life?  What's the most precious to you?  Kalu orang tanya kat aku..  hey amazed.. what's the important thing in your life...  aku terkedu  aku rasa.. well kalu aku ...

one thing i learned in feng shui...

the word "RICH"

rich does not mean u have lot of money...

rich is simply mean that your life is balance in term of love, family, wealth and other things in life

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 29-4-2008 11:23 AM | Show all posts
What are the important things in life?  Let's list them:

-  a good trustworthy mate with a nice disposition

-  good health

-  a home where there is peace, harmony, warmth and
          affection

-  knowing yourself, liking yourself, "having it all
          together"; feeling sure of your priorities and sure
          that you know what is important in life and what
          isn't;  a relaxed, confident outlook on life.

-  a degree of financial independence

What are the worst things in life?

-  feeling confused about life;  general unhappiness;  
          having emotional or mental problems that plague and
          torment you (such as an inferiority complex, for
          example); lack of emotional balance, psychological
          problems.

-  a husband or wife that is untrustworthy or difficult to
          live with

-  a home where strife, discord, confusion, anger, malice,
          spite, hatred, jealousy, etc. reign

-  feelings of insecurity

-  poor health

-  abuse and mistreatment from a boss or someone in
          authority over you

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 30-4-2008 04:12 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by amazed at 9-3-2008 06:52 PM
What's important things in your life?  What's the most precious to you?  Kalu orang tanya kat aku..  hey amazed.. what's the important thing in your life...  aku terkedu  aku rasa.. well kalu aku ...

Health......the thing that we always take for granted.

Use magic Report

Post time 30-4-2008 05:36 PM | Show all posts
Happines without any taint of sorrow whatsoever.

People do all things to get this.

Use magic Report

Post time 30-4-2008 10:42 PM | Show all posts
pada aku....

apa yg penting dalam idup aku ada lah...HATI & PERASAAN AKU YANG TENANG DAN BAHAGIA...klu ini dirampas dari aku... aku jadi tak sihat.. aku makan byk... aku tak makan.. aku depress.. aku nangis. aku terjun lubuk... n semenyer bley jadi... bley self destruct...

i dono bout other people... just talking bout me. if those were taken away from me... i cant face the world smiling...

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 1-5-2008 03:02 AM | Show all posts
I got this in my email:

When things in your life seem almost too much to handle, when 24 hours in a day are not enough, remember the mayonnaise jar and the 2 cups of coffee.  

A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, he wordlessly picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls. He then asked the students if the jar wa s full. They agreed that it was.  

The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar  He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into the open areas between the golf balls. He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They a- greed it was.  

The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He asked once more if the jar was full. The students responded with an unanimous 'yes.'  

The professor then produced two cups of coffee from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar effectively filling the empty space between the sand. The students laughed.  

'Now,' said the professor as the laughter subsided, 'I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The golf balls are the important things---your family, your children, your health, your friends and your favorite passions---and if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full.  

The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house and your car.  

The sand is everything else---the small stuff. "If you put the sand into the jar first," he continued, "there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for life. If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff you will never have room for the things that are important to you.  

" Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Spend time with your children. Spend time with your parents. Visit with grandparents. Take time to get medical checkups. Take your spouse out to dinner. Play another 18. There will always be time to clean the house and fix the disposal. Take care of the golf balls first---the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand."

One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the coffee represented. The professor smiled and said, "I'm glad you asked.  

"The coffee just shows you that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of cups of coffee with a friend."

[ Last edited by  hamizao at 3-5-2008 01:02 AM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

15-5-2024 07:56 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.200799 second(s), 63 queries .