Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: hamizao

RESPECT.....

[Copy link]
Post time 12-4-2008 01:00 AM | Show all posts
respect is too fragile,
tolerance and acceptance are better qualities ...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 12-4-2008 01:15 PM | Show all posts

Reply #20 courtney_xo's post

Like concern for others........

So it's the same as putting someone else's interest above your own....

Mansairaku's idea of tolerance will be very applicable here as well

[ Last edited by  hamizao at 12-4-2008 01:17 PM ]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-4-2008 11:35 PM | Show all posts
'Respect' has a range of application in real life. It can be just basic manners or having compassion for the suffering/feeling of others. It applies to human being such as other people's space/privacy, viewpoints, wishes, faiths, lifestyles,....ie the persons that they are. So they need not have high office or intellegence to receive respect.  When you respect them it makes them feel important. Showing respect is a sign of good character.....more of a moral obligation in fact to be able to honour the dignity of others. This is what we have deen taught to do.

Nevertheless, respect is also applicable to the environment.

Any takers?

Use magic Report

Post time 28-4-2008 01:06 AM | Show all posts

Reply #22 hamizao's post

concern is concern and respect is respect..

there's just a point lol...next time i ll elaborate

Use magic Report

Post time 30-4-2008 11:05 PM | Show all posts

kejam pada sesetengah org... but.. itu kualiti yg aku cari...RESPEK

RESPECT

is a big word for me...tanpa respek.. aku takkan sanggup nk pandang org...tanpa respek...aku takkan dampingi orang...tanpa respek...org itu aku pandang rendah.. slalu di hati, nk luah tak sudah...

if i can respect a person.. i can tolerate anything from him/her. do anything.. i'll compromise...

once gone... im sorry to say.. u cant fit into my life.. go away.. i just cant say another pray..  coz i cant stand u in my way. but i dont know how to say.. "will u go away?"

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 1-5-2008 12:26 AM | Show all posts

Reply #25 shah_jehan's post

Jehan...............yang kat last para tu macam poetry lak.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 1-5-2008 12:27 AM | Show all posts
Aik.........mana pegi page.........

Use magic Report

Post time 3-5-2008 04:05 PM | Show all posts
respect demands a handful of qualities that a person possess and can be reflected in her way of dealing with people, sharing her views, her actions, the rationales formulated etc etc. This is achieved almost effortlessly and naturally.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 4-5-2008 09:15 AM | Show all posts
hmm mana posts yg lain

Use magic Report

Post time 4-5-2008 11:09 AM | Show all posts
fikir byk2 kali...rasanya respect nie puncanya drp inner self

kita takkan belajar respect org kalo kita tak respect diri sendiri, kita respect our parents pun sebab dia sebagai mak/ayah respect kita sebagai anak....apa makna mak/ayah respect kita sebagai anak?....dia tak bandingkan kita dgn org lain, dia tak ubah kita jadi org lain...jadi mana punca respect tu dtg?...bila mak/ayah respect diri dia sebagai individu, terima segala buruk/busuk dia sebagai human....benda yg sama dia treat pd anak, treat them with respect....macam senyum ideologinya, org senyum...kita senyum sebagai balasan

respect org bawah dgn org atas, atas alasan kuasa, duit ...benda tu terlalu superficial....depan dia kita tabik spring, belakang dia kita mengumpat...respect nie tak asli sifatnya...

so how to gain respect from others?...learn to respect ourselves, jgn abuse diri sendiri...cam aji sebut kat atas, self-abuse can lead to self-destruction....

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 12-5-2008 12:07 AM | Show all posts

Self Respect Pula............

So, what do we mean with self respect?
We respect our self ? How?

...learn to respect ourselves, jgn abuse diri sendiri...cam aji sebut kat atas, self-abuse can lead to self-destruction....
- my-alja

It means we don't demean ourself , right?

Use magic Report

Post time 12-5-2008 08:00 AM | Show all posts

Reply #31 hamizao's post

self-respect comes from the art of loving urself....nak belajar sayang diri nie kalo ikut pemahaman i ada pra-syarat, accept oneself....

i nak sentuh sket pasal kekurang sistem education kat m'sia sekarang, the school never teach the kids to like themselves especially to accept oneself totally as an individu....educators sekarang semua membanyangkan anak2 kita nie "robot" with left brain dominated, so the system itself is designed to cater the needs of this kind of brain...they pool our kids, they mould, they change the kids to be good in a systematic way of learning which is only suit best for left brain dominated...the rest who are not likely good in that particular area will be left out for that pathetic reason ....so how do u think the kids will enjoy to be themselves without people around being prejudice on her...just because she is not good in school?.....just because the brain is not supported her to be at school and excellent....kesiankan!

sebab tu i tgk, kalo rakyat m'sia kurang rasa respect pd org...logik gaklah, sistem pelajaran kat sini pun tak pernah nak hormatkan depa sebagai individu....anak tak minat math or science, kita label as depa tak cerdik?.....kalo individu rasa dia tak cerdik, cemana nak rasa sayang pd diri?..cemana nak ajar mereka "terima dirisendiri".....kalo dah diri sendiri pun dia tak rasa istimewa, cemana nak datang rasa hormat?....

sorry hami.....membebel plak pagi2 nie

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 12-5-2008 06:01 PM | Show all posts
You have to love yourself first.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-5-2008 12:25 AM | Show all posts

Reply #32 my-alja's post

Wah! pepagi lagi dah mengadap PC. Cayalah....

You may be right there. There seem to be the same  general opinion regarding our education system....even parents often fail to realise that kids are  individuals who develop at different rates and with differing interest. Kids who are often 'abused' can grow up with little self esteem/respect.

[ Last edited by  hamizao at 13-5-2008 09:24 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 13-5-2008 12:51 AM | Show all posts
well my Prof said that our school education system is best suited for those gals whi are lefr brainers that's why u could see the gals scored well in the exam as the system itself inadvertently  well moulded for the gals. Our education system is less flexible to the boys ..so ..where is the brain of the policy makers in reproving and improving our education ?

Use magic Report

Post time 13-5-2008 07:55 AM | Show all posts

Reply #35 mbhcsf's post

not really for gals....

tapi sifat pompuan nie lebih patuh secara semulajadi, jadi mudah nak dilentur , nak suruh dia duduk dan belajar ...berbanding anak2 lelaki yg tersgt byk energy to be ultraman....

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 13-5-2008 10:57 AM | Show all posts

Reply #34 hamizao's post

yes agreed...some parents cuma nampak satu cara aje anak2 nak dapat self-worth iaitu thru acedemic....

hempas-pulas anak kena seksa diri to be excellent in academic

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-5-2008 09:55 PM | Show all posts

Reply #35 mbhcsf's post

..so ..where is the brain of the policy makers in reproving and improving our education ?
Hehe..mostly right brainers lah kot!

Actually the phenomenon is prevelent not only here, I have a theory that it has something to do with how parents treat sons  and daughters. Tengok during tribal days.....ada masaalah tak dengan boys? Boys are taught to grow up to be men,  whatever definition of men is to them. They know what it takes to be men from younger age and they they go out to get them. Then only they gain self-respect. What do modern parenting miss?

I see girls, generally lah, to some extent, are still expected to "serve" the others. Am not saying this is not good. On the contrary, this teaches the girls at an early age to take on responsibilities and therefore use her brain. Boys are usually allowed to play more. If they mess up, it's the girls who clean up. It is correct then they are easier to control as they have learned to be subservient. Ever notice  15 year olds  with a kitchen knife and a fish or vege? Who do you think fare better ....the girls or the boys? Diorang kekok bila buat kerja2 di rumah which are usually multi-tasked. How many boys or men can do more than one thing a time?

Use magic Report

Post time 14-5-2008 08:12 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by hamizao at 13-5-2008 09:55 PM

Diorang kekok bila buat kerja2 di rumah which are usually multi-tasked. How many boys or men can do more than one thing a time?

boleh celah sket ...my son always use this quote to make me understand that...he's not a girl! ....
i read somewhere abt multi-tasking mommy and its proven ...i mean maybe in the software, man is a single track mind....sebab tu org lelaki nie tersgt fokus kalo buat sesuatu benda tapi cuma satu dlm satu masa....
selari dgn tugas lelaki masa zaman pre-historic, depa kena buru makanan utk hidup....kata author tu, they were highly trained n need to be fokus on their task....

Use magic Report

Post time 14-5-2008 09:49 AM | Show all posts

Reply #40 my-alja's post

Macam sistem penglihatan lelaki dan perempuan.

Women has better peripheral viision compared to men. Men has better telescopic vision.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

15-5-2024 01:43 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.072101 second(s), 48 queries .