CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

12Next
Return to list New
View: 3830|Reply: 22

IF ONLY you have the chance to travel in time...

[Copy link]
Post time 2-9-2007 01:54 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
Yet another hypothetical question: (Yes yes... me and my hypothetical questions... kan? Well, what to do. Am so into this Q/A sessions... hiks!)
___________________________________________________________________________________________

IF ONLY you have the chance to travel in time, would you choose to...

Travel BACK in time to a moment where and when you feel like going through it all over again
(traveling back into the past would normally means that you prolly want to change and/ or fix something that has already happened in the past, or simply you want to enjoy the moment all over again, once again...)

OR

Tavel FORWARD into the future when all you can ever see and care about would be the fact of what lies ahead of you in time, (and by traveling forward, simply means you're up for taking any chances that can come right at you...?)
___________________________________________________________________________________________

This 'yet' another hypothetical question just came right out of my mind when I was staring at the clock on the wall, and kept thinking, it's 1.53am on September 02, 2007; what did I do yesterday, at the same time, and what will I be doing tomorrow, at the same given time?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 2-9-2007 01:55 AM | Show all posts

Reply #1 lealaurielle's post

The normality of my every new posting, I would have a reasonable answer to my own q. Funny, this time around, I am having a hard time choosing the answer...

Use magic Report

Post time 2-9-2007 01:57 AM | Show all posts

Reply #1 lealaurielle's post

ar?? :eek: :cf:  hmm..mende ni..

satu jawapan jek..

Visi dan Deja Vu..

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-9-2007 02:00 AM | Show all posts

Reply #3 kroit92's post

its a rather straight forward question; binded with long winding words and sentences. Practically asking you to choose...

SHOULD u have the opportunity to be able to travel in time, would u choose to:
a: Travel BACK to the past
or
b: Travel FORWARD into the future...

What's so confusing and complicated nye? hehehe tu baru siket - cuba kalau i buat topic nih persis entry thinking dalam my blog - mau more than 3300words after the 1st line, BARU la kuar soalannye. Hahaha mati la beating around the bushy bushy! hahaha

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 2-9-2007 02:00 AM | Show all posts
YEAHHHHHHHH IF ONLY KAN......

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-9-2007 02:07 AM | Show all posts

Reply #5 poison32's post

Michael J. Fox a.k.a Marty McFly did... LOL!

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 2-9-2007 02:08 AM | Show all posts

Reply #4 lealaurielle's post

You should also give an option to stay in the present--not wanting to go back to the past or knowing what the future holds. If it were me, I would stay in the present time--for the past in like a shattered plate. You can never put it back the way it was. And I don't want to know my future--because I know exactly what will happen then I will become less persistent / less spirited to live my life through the future.

Use magic Report

Post time 2-9-2007 02:10 AM | Show all posts

Reply #4 lealaurielle's post

ar??  erm..owh..okeh,..faham..kalau boleh ar..

kroit taknak pegi masa depan sebab nanti tak best dah tahu semua benda, tak da surprise..dan kroit tak nak pergi ke masa lampau betulkan semua benda yang salah, semua orang pernah buat salah and kesalahan sekarang dan masa lalu membuatkan kita lebih..apa ayat dia? cermat? berhati2? complete? in the future..cam tu lar kot..

haku paling panjang bi..

One happy family at home! itu paling laju aku sebut..

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 2-9-2007 02:11 AM | Show all posts

Reply #7 Santeira's post

betul tu!! aku ngah taip ngko dah siap dulu kan..cait!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-9-2007 02:18 AM | Show all posts

Reply #7 Santeira's post

I know i could but I chose not to sebab if I gave that third option of staying at the present moment in time, then I might as well NOT ask the hypothetical q in the first place. Besides, life is all about tough choices, kan? So this is one of it. No staying at the present moment; but u either have to go back, or go to the future. It all depends on how u see this options.

Should u choose to go back to the past; need I say here that it doesn't mean that if u go back to the past, u have to change something about the past that you have done. Prolly, just walking down the memory lane, just for that one more time. To enjoy and feel what it use to feel like before. Now that's a positive way of seeing it when u go back to the past...

Moving forward to the future; lots and lots of negativity I sense but did anyone see the positive side of it? Preventing things that could cause destruction, making the world n your life a better one, and all. These are the things that future could do to u should u choose to move forward. It has always been said, always look and go forward, and don't look back into the past. By choosing to move forward into the future, you can always have that advantage of knowing things before hands. Ever heard of the saying, PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE? By all means, knowing what lies ahead, which MIGHT be a threat to u, well, you could prevent/ avoid it and you won't have to deal with disappointments...

THATS the way I see it... tq...

Use magic Report

Post time 2-9-2007 02:32 AM | Show all posts

Reply #10 lealaurielle's post

ah..mmm...ermm..aku give up..babai..

Use magic Report

Post time 2-9-2007 02:36 AM | Show all posts

Reply #10 lealaurielle's post

There was a film I saw entitled " Somewhere In Time".  A pretty good movie, about someone in the present traveling 70 years back to meet the woman of his dream. He happens to see the woman's portrait  (who is dead in the present) and falls in love with her therefore he uses a certain hypnosis technique where he manages to get to the past. He manages to talk to the woman in the portrait and they fall in love, but at the height of their relationship--by a simple mistake--the man is transported back to the present--where the woman is already dead and no matter how much he tries he can't get back to the past to meet his lover. Because of that, the man falls ill and dies.

The past makes what / who we are. If we go back even to watch ourselves it will affect us in the present--our present body / soul / idiosyncrasy might be loss and we will no longer become who we are in the present so we might not be able to come back to the present. If we can stop an unfolding future a lot of other events can also be changed--new lives will be created and some lives will be lost.

It is even taught in religion that a man makes his destiny. He changes his destiny, but not knowing what the future has in between its fold will make life all the more thrilling.

So, I think staying in the present is also a choice--hence it will be my choice.

Just my two cents, thank you.

[ Last edited by  Santeira at 2-9-2007 02:40 AM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-9-2007 02:45 AM | Show all posts

Reply #12 Santeira's post

owhhh owhhh I saw that movie! Wasn't it the one that Mr. Superman guy, who, erm, ala... Christopher Reeves ek? Ah yes, and that woman, that erm , English lady, who only washes her hair with only avian water tu ek? Yes, it was definitely a nice movie but since i was technically a bit too young at that time I was like a bit confused with the whole thing.

Nevertheless, people, just to share. This question, came out in Miss Universe 1989 during the top 10 q/a. Eh wait, was it 89 or 88 - alah -during that era la kan. And yes, staying at the present moment was not part of the choices given, but that particular contestant who got that q, answered to stay in the present time, after justifying her reasons of not wanting to back to the past or lead her way into the future...

So ok, point taken, noted, though the choices states only 2 options, but I guess, since we're on the Thinking board, u have the every right to fight for the 3rd invi. option as ur preference ...

Use magic Report

Post time 2-9-2007 07:13 PM | Show all posts
well,i will chose to travel to past and correct all my mistakes..

Use magic Report

Post time 2-9-2007 07:20 PM | Show all posts
theres really 1 thing that i really wanna do since it alredi happened in my life. wanna go back n fix it by destroying all the existence of the problem source. so tat i can banish all this punishment n nitemare tat im having now............

idiot i am... but i am really having the urge to kill somebody rite now more than ever.

[ Last edited by  shah_jehan at 3-9-2007 03:58 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 2-9-2007 10:41 PM | Show all posts
AKU NAK PI ZIARAH MEKAH

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 2-9-2007 11:17 PM | Show all posts

Reply #15 shah_jehan's post

now THAT'S very erm, scarry to know... "i really having the urge to kill somebody rite now more than ever."<- nih, very! heheheh. Nak join jugak!!! Let me know when. Hiks!

Use magic Report

Post time 2-9-2007 11:28 PM | Show all posts
i like my present...ok tak?

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-9-2007 11:36 PM | Show all posts

Reply #18 my-alja's post

present apa u ols dapat? OPS!

Use magic Report

Post time 2-9-2007 11:51 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by lealaurielle at 2-9-2007 11:36 PM
present apa u ols dapat? OPS!

bak kata sapa ntah(me baca dlm nie) ....masa depan tu angan2, masa silam tu sejarah...

apa2 saja yg me ada sekarang nie, realiti...

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

15-5-2024 02:56 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.335555 second(s), 53 queries .