Register

ADVERTISEMENT

12Next
Return to list New
View: 6278|Reply: 22

Metafizik apa tu?

[Copy link]
Post time 30-7-2007 10:39 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
Metafizik atau mat salleh kata Metaphysics. Apa tu? For our caring forumists let's share this information..

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 30-7-2007 05:27 PM | Show all posts

Reply #1 thamrong's post

Kalau tidak ada yang menjawab biar saya syok sendiri

Metafisik adalah cabang tunjang ilmu falsapah. Ia menejurus kapada mencari jawapan apa itu sifat-sifat    realiti yang unggul dan duniawi. Metafisik menujukan soalan-soalan yang sering ditanya oleh insan didunia sejak zaman silam lagi- malang hingga hari ini kita maseh tercari-cari lagi: Contohnya;

Apakah tujuan kita hidup?
Apakah sifat-sifat realiti?
Ujudkah tempat bagi manusia sejagat di alam semeta?
Ujudkah dunia lain yang diluar batasan fikiran kita?
Apakah sifat-sifat sesuatu objek, events dan tempat?

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 30-7-2007 05:47 PM | Show all posts
It is in the light of our beliefs about the ultimate nature of reality that we formulate our conceptions of right and wrong...

and it is in the light of our conceptions of right and wrong that we frame our conduct.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 30-7-2007 09:48 PM | Show all posts
A level above mechanical physics.

What do you want to talk about? This kind of topics make me want to answer it ambigously... full of double meaning and telling without telling... what the heck I just say...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 30-7-2007 10:34 PM | Show all posts

Reply #4 Agul's post

You are right. I will you an A+  for that answer ( If you r my philosophy student). Put it in another way, Something beyond our physical world. Something that transcend our mind and pancaindra.
A simple example in physics (I used to be a student too....a lousy one). We study quantum physics eh! At sub-atomic level we must treats matter having dual property (s waveform and matter). This is crazy but any experiment based on this assumption produces the right conclusion. Amazing eh!

Use magic Report

Post time 31-7-2007 12:35 AM | Show all posts

Reply #5 thamrong's post

The meeting of former mechanical model and newer quantum model...

My regrets, I should have gone for what I love, studying physics, not this heartless engineering degree...

Physics is love...

It's like being bathed in constant stream of liquid love...

The fluid dynamics... yeah!

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 31-7-2007 06:11 PM | Show all posts

Reply #6 Agul's post

[/quote][quote]My regrets, I should have gone for what I love, studying physics, not this heartless engineering degree...

Engineering is a very noble  career  and needs plenty of mental discipline. Engineer sacrifice for the comfort of mankind. They are Humanists. Remember! Roman Empire was built by stoic engineers.   But Julius Caeser made history.

[ Last edited by  thamrong at 31-7-2007 06:12 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 31-7-2007 06:53 PM | Show all posts

Reply #7 thamrong's post

Engineering is heartful for others...

Heartless for self...

Yet I really like the salary...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 31-7-2007 06:54 PM | Show all posts
I hope other join in. It's becoming a discussion about engineering...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 31-7-2007 08:32 PM | Show all posts

Reply #8 Agul's post

Engineers are selfless...I think I am an engineer too.

Everyone is a philosopher. I bet everybody ponder and asked silly metaphysical questions one way or another.
Who are we? Why we are here? Is the universe fortuitous or planned? Is life an  incidental, or purposive? Is mind unique and independent, or mere secretion of the brain? Or is matter itself only an illusion of the mind?

Use magic Report

Post time 31-7-2007 11:53 PM | Show all posts

Reply #10 thamrong's post

Oohh... how many time I have gone through some of these...

Get some intellectual answer... Can't say true or not. If only the answer are of engineering precision.

Use magic Report

Post time 1-8-2007 12:10 AM | Show all posts
Macam dualism lah kot. There is the physical side of life and there is the spiritual or rather soul side, side...side, side....:time:

Use magic Report

Post time 1-8-2007 02:38 PM | Show all posts

Reply #12 hamizao's post

Saya tak rasa macam dualisme. Kalau dualisme kebiasaannya tahap yang sama atau setara kan?

Tapi meta fizik ni 'meta', jadi arasnya lebih tinggi.

Like rules of the rules.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 1-8-2007 05:39 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Agul at 31-7-2007 11:53 PM
Oohh... how many time I have gone through some of these...

Get some intellectual answer... Can't say true or not. If only the answer are of engineering precision.

Oohh...that makes two of  us. For 2000 years mate!

Use magic Report

Post time 1-8-2007 09:17 PM | Show all posts

Reply #13 Agul's post

I am thinking of like physical and abstract being mutually exclusive rather than one being a subset of the other which your rules upon rules suggests.

Use magic Report

Post time 3-8-2007 07:02 PM | Show all posts

Reply #1 thamrong's post

just been reading this passage, an introduction to Heidegger's Existentialism...

Descartes, writing to Picot, who translated the Principia Philosophiae into French, observed: "Thus the whole of philosophy is like a tree: the roots are metaphysics, the trunk is physics, and the branches that issue from the trunk are all the other sciences . . ."

so....the roots are METAPHYSICS....other part of sciences are the branches..

does this mean philosophy is in fact the important part of life?

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 3-8-2007 10:47 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by redsinner at 3-8-2007 07:02 PM
just been reading this passage, an introduction to Heidegger's Existentialism...

Descartes, writing to Picot, who translated the Principia Philosophiae into French, observed: "Thus the whole o ...

Philosophy, I believe is the landbridging the understanding of Religions and Sciences. You are rightby saying metaphysics as the trunk and the rest of knowledge are thebranches. Metaphysics is what Aristotle called the 'first philosophy'( at this very moment I rather stick with the early Greekinterpretation before it getting int more violentdefinition....Descartes, Kant, Hegel etc.etc). It deals with theinvestigation of "being as being" or the ultimate reality.Plato asserts that what we see and perceive in the physical world aremerely good duplicates of the real thing. Then what is the realthings? Before the flakes rain on him he comes  out with theTheory of Form. For example, all cats are dissimilars but there is auniversal  template of cat which is the true reality or 'Form'hidden from our senses, and can only be known through reason.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 3-8-2007 11:19 PM | Show all posts

Reply #16 redsinner's post

does this mean philosophy is in fact the important part of life?

I believe so ( while gazing at the stars scattering in the middle of the clear night sky), we sometimes ask ourself who we are , what we are, and many other questions. We are yearnig for the answers. Philosophy, hopely, shed light on some of these eternal questions:
  • Apakah tujuan dan pengertian hidup, kemana perginya kita setelah mati?
  • Adakah alam semesta ujud dengan  tujuan tertentu atau sesuatu yang rekaan yang absurd - tersusun atau klang-kabut?
  • Apa itu reality, dan adakah realiti itu ujud?
  • Adakah morality itu ciptaan manusia?
  • Mengapa justice itu penting untuk menentukan hidup atau matinya seorang tertuduh?
  • Free will tu ujud ke?
  • Apakah itu Ilmu, dan bagai mana kita menentu kebenaran Ilmu itu.
Banyak soalan2 lagi ....Di sini melalui philosophy sahaja kita dapat mengasah gaya fikir otak kita untuk mencari jawapannya.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 4-8-2007 05:47 PM | Show all posts
What does Hegel, Emerson or Descartes said about metaphysics?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-8-2007 12:02 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Agul at 4-8-2007 05:47 PM
What does Hegel, Emerson or Descartes said about metaphysics?

Between Descartes and Hegel, I findthat Hegel is the most difficult to understand. Hegel's philosophybelongs to the group which is called the  German Idealists. I tried  to venture  into  his work and until  today ( I read philosophy as a past time endeavor) still at a lost.Hegel formulated the concept of dialectical  ( thesis,anti-thesis and synthesis) argument. Karl Mark utilised Hegel'sconcept to arrive to his Marxist ideology.
Emerson! I haven't read any of hiswritings.:re::re:

[ Last edited by  thamrong at 5-8-2007 12:07 AM ]

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

9-6-2024 11:32 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.107670 second(s), 54 queries .