Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: SONofODIN

Why a person commits suicide?

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 12-6-2007 04:04 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by dutchy at 12-6-2007 10:02 AM

is it ? why is is still consider as taboo in certain country

me too thinks like u and son, if the pain is unbearable and there is no more hope medically and
the patient is suffering, it it ...

Because of religion.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 12-6-2007 05:33 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by dutchy at 12-6-2007 10:02 AM

is it ? why is is still consider as taboo in certain country

me too thinks like u and son, if the pain is unbearable and there is no more hope medically and
the patient is suffering, it it ...

They are hoping for miracle from God....

Use magic Report

Post time 12-6-2007 11:41 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by SONofODIN at 10-6-2007 06:27 PM
Basically, we human are afraid to die. What drives a person to commit suicide?:stp:
How he/she get the courage to kill him/herself?:hmm:

Such ppl look for  short cuts to solving problems. So the saying goes....pendek akal,......suntuk fikiran...........Short cuts are not necessarily all bad. It is when it is in a self destructive mode. That's why it is important to be able to talk to someone whenever something is bugging or troubling you......face your problem and take charge of your LIFE not DEATH.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-6-2007 07:44 AM | Show all posts

Reply #44 hamizao's post

Death cannot solve problems. The problems will carry on to the live ones.

Use magic Report

Post time 13-6-2007 04:14 PM | Show all posts

Reply #1 SONofODIN's post

It's always a case of too little too late.........

[ Last edited by  manakautau at 13-6-2007 04:17 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 13-6-2007 10:32 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by SONofODIN at 13-6-2007 07:44 AM
Death cannot solve problems. The problems will carry on to the live ones.

If he thinks only of himself...then he may be right that suicide would solve all his problems. That is why it is said to be a cowardly way out.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 14-6-2007 11:51 PM | Show all posts
SUICIDE NIE HUMAN NYER LAST SELF DEFENSE..

jalan terakhir utk mencapai sesuatu...soo suicide laa  

ATAU

biler dah takder mende leh diarapkan utk idup.. tak der reason utk idup.. tak der cita2 utk idup... caranyer ialah menamatkan khidupan itu sendiri...

Use magic Report

Post time 15-6-2007 03:59 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by SONofODIN at 10-6-2007 18:27
Basically, we human are afraid to die. What drives a person to commit suicide?:stp:
How he/she get the courage to kill him/herself?:hmm:

...the fact is...someone that is suicidal often feels a tremendous sense of loneliness...isolation...helplessness and hopelessness....and the reasons that cause them to feel like this can be as trivial as a break up of a romance....they feel that they could no longer cope with the shiit that has been happening to them...their problems seems so huge and heavy for them to handle...and the only way out that they could see is suicide...

...i mean...come on...be honest...most people think about suicide at some point in their life....but...most of us find that these thoughts are just temporary cos things do get better after that...and this is possible becos of various factors...such as...our faith...our perceptions towards life and how we handle our problems...good family support and pple that could sense that we are having problems and pull us aside and talk to us...

...thats how lucky we are...unfortunately...there are some pple out there who are not so lucky as we do...even when they say it out loud that they have suicidal intents pple still just brush them aside...hiazzzz...

...it is always easy to put the blame on these victims...but sometimes...we are to be blame for failing to reach out to them even when they showed us signs that they need help....

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 15-6-2007 07:27 AM | Show all posts

Reply #49 blackmore's post

I tot of that once, many many years ago. Fear of pain put me off the plan. Glad that I didn't do it. I enjoy my life now.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 15-6-2007 10:37 PM | Show all posts
Taiwan suicide rate rose to 4406 in 2006 for an average of 12 suicides per day or one every hour. The numbers of people killed themselves rose by 124 from 2005 for a 2006 rate of 19.9 suicides for every 100,000 people.

Unemployment was the main reason for suicides in men. Others are isolation, work pressure, depression and lack of suicide prevention networks.

Use magic Report

Post time 16-6-2007 01:13 PM | Show all posts

Reply #48 blackmore's post

Can't agree with you more.....a good support system can go a long way too. Friends and family members need to be sensitive enough to detect such tendency amongst their lot...or at least always be on hand to help. There is no harm in asking whether he/she wants to talk about "it". The trouble is some ppl are too shy to talk to others about their problems..............likely to be the issue of trust.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 17-6-2007 02:04 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by SONofODIN at 15-6-2007 07:27 AM
I tot of that once, many many years ago. Fear of pain put me off the plan. Glad that I didn't do it. I enjoy my life now.

glad to have u here with us....

Use magic Report

Post time 17-6-2007 02:05 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by SONofODIN at 12-6-2007 04:04 PM

Because of religion.

yup and it overrules the medical aspect of it

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 17-6-2007 09:05 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by dutchy at 17-6-2007 02:04 AM

glad to have u here with us....   

Thanks.:tq:

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 17-6-2007 09:07 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by dutchy at 17-6-2007 02:05 AM

yup and it overrules the medical aspect of it   

Is a pity that there are people live by the book.

Use magic Report

Post time 22-6-2007 12:32 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by SONofODIN at 17-6-2007 09:07 AM

Is a pity that there are people live by the book.

that gives food for tots, what is more important eh? sometimes it redefine how, we analize things

its not all black and white

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 24-8-2007 02:12 AM | Show all posts
in japan, "suicide" is a culture ..

1.  Seppuku
     - act of cutting across own stomach with a sharp blade
     - depicting honor/sincerity/mercy
     - by taking out his intestines, he proved that he is true to his word
* curiously in malay language, we use the term "tidak berhati perut" (no intestines) to show a person without mercy.

2.  modern suicides
     - occur mostly among students (junior high n high school)
     - most common reason: bullying
     - fav methods: hanging, jumping off buildings
     - considered to be the most effective way to revenge yourself after being bullied
*puzzles me to no end, why didnt these students report to their parents before things got out of control?

[ Last edited by  Mansairaku at 15-12-2007 01:57 AM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 14-12-2007 08:50 AM | Show all posts
Mengapa bunuh diri?
Oleh Ruhaiza Rusmin
ruhaiza@hmetro.com.my

SEORANG murid menyandar di bawah pohon rendang sambil merenung jauh. Sesekali dia melihat slip keputusan peperiksaan Ujian Pencapaian Sekolah Rendah (UPSR) yang baru diambilnya.

Dia merenung keputusan yang diperolehnya, 4B 1C. Murid itu seperti tidak percaya dan paling ditakuti ialah bagaimana mahu memberitahu ibu bapanya mengenai perkara itu.

Dia mendongak ke pohon yang rendang itu dan melihat burung yang bebas terbang dan sesekali hinggap di ranting pokok.

揝ungguh seronok menjadi burung itu kerana tidak perlu memikirkan apa-apa melainkan diri sendiri tetapi aku terpaksa memikirkan soal ibu bapa dan masyarakat.

揟entu ibu bapa aku kecewa apabila mengetahui anaknya mendapat keputusan teruk dalam UPSR,

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 15-12-2007 01:59 AM | Show all posts
after bullying, stress sbb exam/failing expectations in studies jadi the second most common reason for suicides in japan ..

Use magic Report

Post time 25-12-2007 12:11 PM | Show all posts
So, suicide--does it take courage, or mere cowardice?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

14-5-2024 10:19 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.138032 second(s), 48 queries .