ADVERTISEMENT

Author: free2rhyme

Death

[Copy link]
Post time 22-4-2007 12:53 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Agul at 22-4-2007 12:11 PM
<br />
Is there reincarnation in buddhism?

correct me if am wrong here, but I do believe that Budhhist do believe in reincarnation

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 22-4-2007 12:54 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by wei_loon5063 at 21-4-2007 10:27 PM
Originally posted by dutchy at 21-4-2007 09:38 PM

tak faham sal birth and aging, what I post was a joke, in actual fact

birth isn't it control from the above? aging... yes its a process tha ...

I do know that buddhist is a way of life, and its in fact not a religion perse

some ppl do confuse it with other religion though, the founder of Biudhism is in fact a mere mortal
hence the terminology of a religion is contested here   

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-4-2007 01:03 PM | Show all posts

Reply #42 dutchy's post

Even though Buddha is a mere mortal, but he did formulate a belief system that deals with the unseen which is unproven like the reincarnation (after death ) that demands faith , right?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-4-2007 01:08 PM | Show all posts

Reply #42 dutchy's post

religion deals with a belief system is it not? So I don't see any difference between Buddhism and the rest of other religions? One reject the existence of God while the others believe in God. Still all are belief systems that demand faith

Use magic Report

Post time 22-4-2007 01:25 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by free2rhyme at 22-4-2007 01:03 PM
Even though Buddha is a mere mortal, but he did formulate a belief system that deals with the unseen which is unproven like the reincarnation (after death ) that demands faith , right?

salam free~~

am not the person to asked indepth question abt Buddshim, as my knowledge abt it is just platonic...

in any religion...faith is the cornerstone, without Faith ( or as some ppl called it blindly believing in things that are unproven)
there is no FAITH...

if u are more learned abt these, maybe you can enlighten us further :tq:

am interested to learned more

Use magic Report

Post time 22-4-2007 01:28 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by free2rhyme at 22-4-2007 01:08 PM
religion deals with a belief system is it not? So I don't see any difference between Buddhism and the rest of other religions? One reject the existence of God while the others believe in God. Sti ...

do they? I believe strongly in the freedom of religion for ppl, and am not abt to question
the choice of religion, as I got deep respect for others

religion deals with FAITH system, as most that deals with religion are bulit upon foundation that are from the yesteryears...

if we starts to question abt what not....that is why in Islam there is Fatwa

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 22-4-2007 01:58 PM | Show all posts
  do they? I believe strongly in the freedom of religion for ppl, and am not abt to question
the choice of religion, as I got deep respect for others

I think i need to clarify it further so that no one get confused anymore , When I said "One reject the existence of God while the others believe in God " I meant to say buddhists reject the existence of God while muslims and christians etc believe that God exists . I don't mean to force anyone to believe anything.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-4-2007 02:06 PM | Show all posts
religion deals with FAITH system, as most that deals with religion are bulit upon foundation that are from the yesteryears...

if we starts to question abt what not....that is why in Islam there is Fatwa

When Wei Loon says all religion agrees with his belief system which is the rejection of the existence of God, then of course he is wrong since muslims , christians and jewishs all believe in God's existence .
Buddhism = belief system = don't believe in God =believe in reincarnation / rebirth = don't believe in Judgment day in hereafter
Islam, Christianity, Judaism = belief system = believe in God= don't believe in reincarnation / rebirth = believe in  Judgement day

But a belief system whether in the form of Buddhism, Islam, Judaism etc is still a belief system right?
and
religion = a belief system right?

[ Last edited by  free2rhyme at 22-4-2007 03:22 PM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 22-4-2007 03:21 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by dutchy at 22-4-2007 01:25 PM

salam free~~

am not the person to asked indepth question abt Buddshim, as my knowledge abt it is just platonic...

in any religion...faith is the cornerstone, without Faith ( or as some  ...

salam to you too dut  

Some buddhists like to claim that buddhism is not a religion but a philosophy instead. But a philosophy deals with the rational investigation of the truths and principles of being, knowledge, or conduct. But buddhism deals with faith/belief , not in God but in reincarnation / rebirth  and focusing solely on the pursue of spiritual highest attainment thru abstinency and meditation.

Use magic Report

Post time 22-4-2007 03:33 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by free2rhyme at 22-4-2007 02:06 PM
When Wei Loon says all religion agrees with his belief system which is the rejection of the existence of God, then of course he is wrong since muslims , christians and jewishs all believe in God's existence .
Buddhism = belief system = don't believe in God =believe in reincarnation / rebirth = don't believe in Judgment day in hereafter
Islam, Christianity, Judaism = belief system = believe in God= don't believe in reincarnation / rebirth = believe in  Judgement day

But a belief system whether in the form of Buddhism, Islam, Judaism etc is still a belief system right?
and
religion = a belief system right?

Hold your horses dude.......

buddism never deny existance of god.......

teaching of buddism is just from birth till death....... get it??
only the truth of life.. that people suffer from hate; vengence.....
to end suffer from hate, you need to have cleanse mind.........
he never teach us not to believe God... he jz teach us to free our mind from hatred....
wht I meant by people from other religion would agree is that the phylosophy of buddism........
mean....  cause and effect.... you kill someone... you will face the penalty later....
dono when.. maybe go to jail.. maybe god send you to hell........
get it??
buddism NEVER say there is NO GOD in this world... he is just a GURU............

What is the difference between reincarnation and rebirth?

The reincarnation idea is ito believe in a soul or a being, separate from the body. At the death of the physical body, this soul is said to move into another state and then enter a womb to be born again.

Rebirth is different and can be explained in this way. Take away the notion of a soul or a being living inside the body; take away all ideas of self existing either inside or outside the body. Also take away notions of past, present and future; in fact take away all notions of time. Now, without reference to time and self, there can be no before or after, no beginning or ending, no birth or death, no coming or going. Yet there is life! Rebirth is the experience of life in the moment, without birth, without death; it is the experience of life which is neither eternal nor subject to annihilation.

when I say that even the teaching applies in muslims.......
I mean WE all........
are born......
we grow..........
we get sick......
we die.....
dont this applies in islam??
sorry if I am wrong.......

when you die;

read my post.........
the difference between rebirth and reincarnation.........
buddism only have rebirth....

the reincarnation is a chinese myth term..... never in buddism
rebirth has nothing to do with soul entering another baby......
buddism never say the soul will go to the zygote of a pregnant woman or heaven or hell.......
what rebirth mean is that....
in science.... we call it conservation of energy.........

it is just that a guy die and then his BODY......    not the soul.......
decomposed and then become food to worm or maggots or into something else...mass....or jisim and jirim...
( this dont apply to other religion??)

one more thing... free2ryme.......
many media... especially from hong kong... and like hollywood..... are teaching wrong thing to the young....
and many people get it wrong........

sorry for the fuss here

[ Last edited by  wei_loon5063 at 22-4-2007 03:53 PM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-4-2007 03:53 PM | Show all posts

Reply #50 wei_loon5063's post

But you said your self in so many of your posts before that you didn't believe in God and you kept stressing that was the teaching of Buddhism... why the sudden change? Didn't you believe in reincarnation before?

[ Last edited by  free2rhyme at 22-4-2007 03:55 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 22-4-2007 03:57 PM | Show all posts

Reply #51 free2rhyme's post

aiyyaaa..........

sorry.....

as I was mixed up....

as I do not learn buddism since small....

Infact; I as an atheist...... I never deny the existance of god.... jz tat I do not worship them in any relationship LA

you see.... the original teaching is my post 50#....

many teaching of chinese buddism mixed with taoism.......

Use magic Report

Post time 22-4-2007 03:59 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by free2rhyme at 22-4-2007 03:53 PM
Didn't you believe in reincarnation before?...

aiseehh............

Like I said; the reincarnation was popularized by hong kong movie... which the concept is wrong....

I also once thought it was originated from buddism.......

not so long ago jz read about buddism n now clearer

Use magic Report

Post time 22-4-2007 04:09 PM | Show all posts

Reply #53 wei_loon5063's post

one more thing....... for your information la....

We buddist NEVER worship the buddha statue...

It is just a statue that remind us of the teaching of buddha....

when we kneel or bow like how you muslim do when pray; it does not mean we pray

In chinese; when we do that; it mean we show respect to the elderly or the wise or more superior....
since u so open minded tell u la.... we not worshipe patung berhala....

p.s
Like me.. many chinese are not being told why they do that... in the end.. u ask 10 chinese 6 will say pray or worship......... which infact is not....

got time read this one LA

http://forum.cari.com.my/viewthr ... p;extra=&page=1

Use magic Report

Post time 22-4-2007 06:01 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by free2rhyme at 22-4-2007 02:06 PM

if we starts to question abt what not....that is why in Islam ther ...

religion is a based on FAITH...Faith in something untested......

Use magic Report

Post time 22-4-2007 06:03 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by free2rhyme at 22-4-2007 03:21 PM

salam to you too dut  

Some buddhists like to claim that buddhism is not a religion but a philosophy instead. But a philosophy deals with the rational investigation of the truths and p ...

refer to my previous postings, I think it's not their choice of denying the fact that , budhhism is not a religion
but more to the fact that the founder of budhhism is a mere mortal....

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 22-4-2007 06:10 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by dutchy at 22-4-2007 06:03 PM

refer to my previous postings, I think it's not their choice of denying the fact that , budhhism is not a religion
but more to the fact that the founder of budhhism is a mere mortal....

wrong........
The World Book Dictionary, 1976:
    Religion:

1. Belief in God or gods,

2. worship of God or gods,

3. a particular system of religious belief and worship,

4. anything done or followed with reverence or devotion.

buddsim is a dharmatic religion...... number 4.. we NEVER worship buddha....

buddha is just our guide to free from human suffering (hate; greed; revenge; lust etc....)
while
Islam; christian and jews are abrahamatic religion....... number 1,2,3........  

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-4-2007 06:55 PM | Show all posts

Reply #56 dutchy's post

But if Buddhism is not a religion because the founder is mere mortal, then all religion couldn't be called religion because ...lets put it this way : a muslim will say the founder of their religion is God but a christian will definitely deny that saying instead Muhammad (mere mortal ) the founder of Islam. And a jewish will say christianity is not a religion because Jesus ( mere mortal) the founder of christianity ......so the story goes on and on and on.

Use magic Report

Post time 22-4-2007 07:16 PM | Show all posts

Reply #58 free2rhyme's post

phewwww, what a broad way of seeing things

let me ponder upon it, and I'll get back to u

Use magic Report

Post time 22-4-2007 07:39 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by free2rhyme at 22-4-2007 06:55 PM
But if Buddhism is not a religion because the founder is mere mortal, then all religion couldn't be called religion because ...lets put it this way : a muslim will say the founder of their religi ...

dear free2rhyme........

bear the difference........

dharmatic religion and abrahamatic religion

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

15-5-2024 05:00 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.061227 second(s), 43 queries .