Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 3704|Reply: 17

Ex Malasian M16A1 Mod.613

[Copy link]
ituzaingo This user has been deleted
Post time 14-3-2007 08:23 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi Sirs, I'm writing from Italy. I would want to know if someone can help me with the identification of Ex Malasian M16 marks. These are a rifle lot arrived in Italy for your comerce. Knows the alpha-number codes painted on the stocks, would help to know the real operative life of these rifles and this is very important for we. Thanks and as usual sorry for my bad english.

[ Last edited by  ituzaingo at 14-3-2007 08:51 AM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 14-3-2007 08:37 AM | Show all posts
Bet you're the same guy in defencetalk.sorry but i'm no helper here.other forumner might have some infos

Use magic Report

Post time 14-3-2007 08:45 AM | Show all posts

testing

Use magic Report

Post time 14-3-2007 12:42 PM | Show all posts
aiks sampai ke itali antik sangat ke ''Ex Malaysian M16A1''

Use magic Report

Post time 14-3-2007 04:36 PM | Show all posts
Kan ke best kalau kat sini boleh simpan buat koleksi

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 15-3-2007 06:30 AM | Show all posts
Yes, it has been a legal transaction between the Malaysia Goverment and a Swiss Group called Brugger & Thomet AG, if they don't underdstand the english I can try to translate at Malay. CI SIAMO CAPITI ?

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 15-3-2007 07:31 AM | Show all posts

Reply #6 ituzaingo's post

Non capisco l'inglese

Use magic Report

Post time 15-3-2007 12:59 PM | Show all posts
Hi Sirs, I'm writing from Italy. I would want to know if someone can help me with the identification of Ex Malasian M16 marks. These are a rifle lot arrived in Italy for your comerce. Knows the alpha-number codes painted on the stocks, would help to know the real operative life of these rifles and this is very important for we. Thanks and as usual sorry for my bad english.

Yes, it has been a legal transaction between the Malaysia Goverment and a Swiss Group called Brugger & Thomet AG, if they don't underdstand the english I can try to translate at Malay.

ituzaingo,

Well, it seems Malaysia Govt. intending to dispose the M-16s from our storage. My best bet, these rifles you're talking about might once be used by Malaysian Army from early 1980s.

Malaysian Army has gradually used & completely replaced these M-16s with Steyr combat rifles in 1990s, & most M-16s were put into storage.

I believed that Malaysian Govt. wanted to sell-of the M-16s as to clear our storage since Steyr AUG will be retired from Malaysian Armed Forces & put into storage soon.

I hope that helped you.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 15-3-2007 04:02 PM | Show all posts

Reply #8 Robotech's post

MAF was one of the early user of M-16 in the region. During the 2nd commies uprising in the late 70s it was the standard issue to the infantry and the police para-military forces. Probably the only M16 that kicked the commie's butt vis-a-vis in Vietnam it turned out to be a bane for the Marines and the US Army.
It really  suit the asian physic because it was lighter and shorter then the lagendry FN rifle....I think so..

Use magic Report

Post time 15-3-2007 04:21 PM | Show all posts
senapang ni bagus bagi budak2 PLKN training ni...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 15-3-2007 06:27 PM | Show all posts
Thanks very much guys, they're very kinds, now we have at least an idea. The question is they have seen to the infantry on operative teather with these numbers in the stocks or these numbres are only stockage numbers ? These HQ that they can see, can be HeadQuarter ?

Use magic Report

Post time 15-3-2007 06:38 PM | Show all posts

Reply #11 ituzaingo's post

Right. HQ is for HQ coy while "A" and "C" is for A & C coys respectively. Not sure the top and bottom number, could be battalion and platoon number or the other way around? I could be wrong though.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 15-3-2007 06:50 PM | Show all posts
Aku atau tahu ini Malay ampun. Tetapi mereka mahu bantu saya, kunjungan ini itali

Aku Tarzan

Use magic Report

Post time 16-3-2007 04:33 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by ituzaingo at 15-3-2007 06:30 AM
Yes, it has been a legal transaction between the Malaysia Goverment and a Swiss Group called Brugger & Thomet AG, if they don't underdstand the english I can try to translate at Malay. CI SIA ...

The agreement that you have mentioned also involved the supply of MP5 submachineguns made by B&T to MAF. It could be exchange of weapons too instead.

Use magic Report

Post time 25-6-2007 07:09 AM | Show all posts
i thinks it better to keep the M16 A1. we can supply it to Territorial Army unit and Reserve Officer Training Unit

Use magic Report

Post time 25-6-2007 08:41 AM | Show all posts
I thinks its even better to send it to those persecuted ethnic minorities like the Furs, Hmong, Karen and Kachin who are facing ethnic cleansing.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 25-6-2007 08:46 AM | Show all posts
Syuh! syuh! memang betul resmi dubuk..pantang tengok singa makan, dia pun nak mencelah!!

Hmmm off topic sikit no....dia cadang hantar senjata kat etnik Burma yang kena pembersihan etnik? Yang buat tu sape, kerajaan Myanmar ke? Kalau ye, siapa yek yang bekal senjata kat kerajaan Myanmar tu? Bukan ada cop STK ke?

[ Last edited by  alphawolf at 25-6-2007 08:48 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 25-6-2007 10:31 AM | Show all posts
Brugger & Thomet AG is the same company that pimped the Paskal Mp5s am I correct? So how does this transaction work out?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

28-4-2024 09:39 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.102482 second(s), 42 queries .