Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 2729|Reply: 4

DNS problem

[Copy link]
Post time 12-7-2006 09:51 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi guys,

Just wanna ask about one weird problem that my collegues faced several time. Her PC cannot access the net or any intra website. I checked the IP configuration and everything seems to be in place. Static IP, gateway, DNS IP and WINS are configured properly. Her PC used Win XP SP 2.

The weird thing is her PC is the only one that cannot access the net or any intra website. So my first action was to check her DNS (cos I can ping her PC through mine) by using nslookup and even it was configured properly, it came out with 'Unknown server' result. So what I did then was I try using tracert to see whether I can see the DNS server through her PC. I know I can just use ping but I like to see where does the traffic goes. The tracert take some times but came out fine.

This is the weirdest part cos after I successfully tracert the DNS, when I use the nslookup, I can see the DNS serve name properly. And the pc can surf the net normally. So it's baffles me cos I don't know what went wrong.

This problem has occured several time and my solution currently is to try tracert the DNS and check whether it can find the DNS or not. Cos if it can find it, then the pc can go to the web.

So anybody got any idea what cause the problem? Just wanna solve it once and for all .

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

eddom This user has been deleted
Post time 12-7-2006 12:29 PM | Show all posts
I am not really sure, but could it be the problem of the router?? I mean the range of the IP address which is acceptable by the router

Use magic Report

Post time 12-7-2006 04:51 PM | Show all posts
have u check the hardware part.. the cable/rj45..maybe it loose or can u change the port at switch/hub..maybe it have some problem with the port..

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-7-2006 05:11 PM | Show all posts
Range of IP address or cable shouldn't cause the problem IMO cos I just need to trigger the tracert command to the DNS server IP address (seems to me like to ensure the PC recognise it's DNS properly) and it can surf the net automatically after that.I didn't make any other changes after that.  But I might be wrong. Does the tracert command has anything to do with the cable/port or IP address range?

Use magic Report

Post time 14-7-2006 10:52 PM | Show all posts

Reply #1 kroeGand's post

network intermitent...
try change the network cable...
sound silly but who knows, it might be the reason...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

14-5-2024 04:49 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.087952 second(s), 31 queries .