Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 3093|Reply: 8

PetaPixel - This Storm Photographer Was Inspired by Ansel Adams

[Copy link]
Post time 24-6-2021 09:55 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
LINK - This Storm Photographer Was Inspired by Ansel Adams

MICHAEL ZHANG

Photographer Mitch Dobrowner‘s work is what you get when you combine storm chasing photography with fine art photography. His awe-inspiring black-and-white photos show dramatic storms over sweeping landscapes.

Dobrowner counts Ansel Adams as one of his greatest inspirations as a photographer, and his work shares a similar aesthetic to the masterpieces of the late landscape legend.

“I owe much to the great photographers of the past, especially Ansel Adams, for their dedication to the craft,” Dobrowner stated in an interview with PetaPixel back in 2014. “They were the ones that inspired me in my late teens. Their dedication, determination, craftsmanship and vision still inspire me. Though I have never met them, they helped me determine the course my life would take.

“The first time I saw the work of either Ansel Adams or Minor White I was floored. It may sound a bit cliché, but the images left a major mark on my life. And even today when I look and a great Ansel Adams print or book my world turns upside down again.”

“Living between Los Angeles and Lone Pine, California, Dobrowner often travels throughout the Midwest and Southwest documenting major systems that rage across rural regions,” Colossal writes.

After becoming addicted to photography early in life, Dobrowner stopped taking pictures after getting married, having 3 children, and launching a design studio.

“The tasks of running a business and raising a family took a priority to Photography. During that time I stopped taking pictures,” the photographer states.

Dobrowner finally picked up a camera again in 2005, and since then, he has been on a mission “to create images that help evoke how I see our amazing planet.”

“It’s always about the light,” Dobrowner says. “My main focus has always been landscape photography. I have always loved just sitting out in nature, hearing the wind blow and watching the light changing. I study the light and see photography as an exercise in painting with light and shadows.

“In inclement weather, light and shadows are always changing. Then there are the unexpected things that Mother Nature throws at you, especially when a storm is approaching. It’s a pretty surreal sight. I just try and capture what I see and feel at those moments in my pictures.”

LINK - https://petapixel.com/2021/06/23/this-storm-photographer-was-inspired-by-ansel-adams/

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 24-6-2021 09:55 PM | Show all posts

You can find more of Dobrowner’s work on his website and Instagram.

Use magic Report

Post time 24-6-2021 10:41 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
ip_lepat replied at 24-6-2021 09:55 PM
You can find more of Dobrowner’s work o ...

Yg nie kan diaorg pggl "belalai air"....

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-6-2021 11:43 PM | Show all posts
namemysoul replied at 24-6-2021 10:41 PM
Yg nie kan diaorg pggl "belalai air"....

bukan belalai air kot
belalai air biasanya kt laut

Use magic Report

Post time 25-6-2021 07:40 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by namemysoul at 25-6-2021 07:42 AM
ip_lepat replied at 24-6-2021 11:43 PM
bukan belalai air kot
belalai air biasanya kt laut

Pokok igtkan kwsn hjg gambo tu adlh laut sbb mcm nmpk air laut warna putih berombak sdkt....mataku udah kero kah....huhuhuhu...kn byk tgk bnda hijau nih.....

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-6-2021 03:35 PM | Show all posts
namemysoul replied at 25-6-2021 07:40 AM
Pokok igtkan kwsn hjg gambo tu adlh laut sbb mcm nmpk air laut warna putih berombak sdkt....mata ...

aku rasa hang betoi, mmg mcm laut
tk perasan plk yg putih tu mcm ombak

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 2-7-2021 01:24 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
ip_lepat replied at 25-6-2021 03:35 PM
aku rasa hang betoi, mmg mcm laut
tk perasan plk yg putih tu mcm ombak

Sebenonyer pokok tnmpk cam ada pulau kat ujung tuh....hehehe...teros tkenang ms pg pantai dulu pastu duk sorg2 di atas pasir yang halus itu sambil fefeeling kokesen dan sesekali gigi air laut menjengah kaki pokok sambil ditemani oleh deruan ombak kecil yang menyenangkan jiwa ini di pagi hari sebaik sahaja sinar mentari menjelma seorang diri pokok.....hehehehe

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-7-2021 03:47 PM | Show all posts
namemysoul replied at 2-7-2021 01:24 AM
Sebenonyer pokok tnmpk cam ada pulau kat ujung tuh....hehehe...teros tkenang ms pg pantai dulu pas ...

ayat....
mcm novel cinta je

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 2-7-2021 06:57 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
ip_lepat replied at 2-7-2021 03:47 PM
ayat....
mcm novel cinta je

Dulu2 ms sek men teringin nak karang novel tapi....pokok malas menulis sebab caye lebih suke mendengar....hehehehe

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

28-4-2024 02:46 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.059735 second(s), 36 queries .