CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

1234Next
Return to list New
View: 4741|Reply: 61

[Dunia] Singapura Negara Kelas Pertama tapi Rakyat Minds Kelas Ketiga, disokong Netizen

[Copy link]
Post time 3-10-2019 06:55 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts |Read mode
Online users agree with Prof Tommy Koh’s that Singapore is a first world country with third world people
Rubaashini Shunmuganathan 2019-10-02 Comments, Current Affairs

On Tuesday (1 October), National University of Singapore Professor Dr Tommy Koh opined that Singapore is a first world country with third world citizens as many of them don’t have the civic-mindedness that is required out of people in an advanced country.

“I am more critical of Singaporeans than of the Government. Many of our people don’t give a damn for the environment when they should. Many of our people are selfish and unkind. Just look at the way they drive,” explained the Ambassador-at-Large at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

He said this while speaking at the Singapore Bicentennial Conference, conducted at Raffles City Convention Centre. The conference was organised by the Institute of Policy Studies.

During the dialogue, Prof Koh and Bloomberg News editor-in-chief John Micklethwait came together to discuss areas in which the people of Singapore can improve.

Prof Koh expressed that he wants the poverty line in the country to be set higher and raise the wages for workers. He also pointed out that there is a large gap in terms of pay between a company’s top executive and its rank and file employees.

When asked on whether there’s an alternative to capitalism, Prof Koh said that it’s better to ask what kind of capitalism Singapore wants.

He explained that moral capitalism is when businesses consider themselves accountable to both shareholders and the society. They also should show care for the environment, ensure their employees are well taken care, and prioritise gender equality and diversity, Prof Koh said.

“I love Singapore. I would die for Singapore. But are we a perfect people? We are not,” he said.

He added, “But I believe that we can always be better and in the remaining years of my life, I want to dedicate my time, energy to making Singapore an even better place, and Singaporeans an even better people.”

Upon reading Prof Koh’s statement about Singapore, many netizens agreed with him. Commenting in the Facebook page of ST, they said that many people lack civic-mindedness, manners and social etiquette, which can be clearly seen at how they behave in public areas. For instance, how noisy they are in cafes, spitting and throwing rubbish in common places, and many more. Eugene Sim described Singaporeans as “a well educated generation with a barbaric behaviour”.

Although a large group of them shared the same opinion as Prof Khor, others blamed foreigners for the Third Class mentality that citizens in Singapore have. They said that the city-state has no more national identity with the amount of foreigners in the country, and “many migrants touted as talents are from countries known to have no respect for personal space and orderliness”. As such, Maevis Lee noted that locals’ lack of civic-mindedness happened due to “new citizens bring their old habits” to Singapore.

On the other hand, some blamed the society and government for how the people in the country are behaving. “Chan ShiJie said “the society & government mould the citizens into only thinking about themselves & not others”, causing them to behave badly in public.

Some opined that Singaporeans are living in a stressful environment with no social protection, long working hours and demanding bosses, causing them to care less about the environment and society. David Firdaus highlighted that “because we are a society blinded by money and material wealth so much that courtesy and manners takes a back seat”.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 3-10-2019 09:56 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Malaysia kelas ketiga..rakyat mostly tahap pemikiran xde kelas..

Use magic Report

Post time 3-10-2019 10:02 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Betul lah tu.. Aku klu dpt guest Singapore, kena tarik nafas dalam2.. Tp x semua, segelintir jer mcm tu

Use magic Report

Post time 3-10-2019 11:28 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Patutlah saman terkumpul ada yg sampai rm28 ribu.

Use magic Report

Post time 3-10-2019 11:36 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by Forfoxache at 3-10-2019 11:37 PM

Aku dah buat analysis dan bagi hujah ni semenjak 2008 lagi kat forum LYN. Dorang sampai kena ban aku berdozen kali sebab panas telinga dengar.

Tapi masa last aku pergi Spore May this year, dorang lebih polite dari Msians by a distance. Everytime jer ada yg say thank you dan give way to let you walk kt Zebra crossing.

Sorry, Sporeans is way more civilised than Msians. Sporean Chinese is what I’m referring to. Or maybe my good looks helped with how they treated me.  

Use magic Report

Post time 4-10-2019 12:05 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Dekat negara dia je bertamadun

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 4-10-2019 12:45 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
MissCarcosa9753 replied at 4-10-2019 12:05 AM

Betul tu. Tak caya tengok kat highway. Kat jb tu, jenis berebut nak bayar, nak parking, hon ikut suka, parking ikut suka. Ehhh, mentang mentang duit dia besar, kemain eksen.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 4-10-2019 12:59 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Forfoxache replied at 3-10-2019 11:36 PM
Aku dah buat analysis dan bagi hujah ni semenjak 2008 lagi kat forum LYN. Dorang sampai kena ban aku ...

Sini tepek gambar uols tu... Sis @Bedah.Cun nak evaluate good looks uols tu

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 4-10-2019 01:02 AM | Show all posts
bagi iols takda beza pon sis...K.I.A.S.U

Use magic Report

Post time 4-10-2019 01:16 AM | Show all posts
Mak iol org S'pore & when I'm at that country, I can safely say org2 sana kbanyakannya ok & helpful x kira Mlayu, Chinese or Indian.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 4-10-2019 01:38 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
gideoncross replied at 4-10-2019 01:16 AM
Mak iol org S'pore & when I'm at that country, I can safely say org2 sana kbanyakannya ok & helpful  ...

Betul...tu terkejut Malaysia di tahap Mana kalau Singapore dikata camtu

Use magic Report

Post time 4-10-2019 01:48 AM | Show all posts
iloveselangor replied at 4-10-2019 01:38 AM
Betul...tu terkejut Malaysia di tahap Mana kalau Singapore dikata camtu

Use magic Report

Post time 4-10-2019 06:37 AM | Show all posts
Perawankota replied at 3-10-2019 10:02 PM
Betul lah tu.. Aku klu dpt guest Singapore, kena tarik nafas dalam2.. Tp x semua, segelintir jer mcm ...

especially melayu singapore yang rasa diri superior than malaysian malay.

how do you know if a malay comes from singapore?
dont have to ask they will tell you within 1 minute of a conversation

of course tak semua la (kang ada yang panas)

Use magic Report

Post time 4-10-2019 06:45 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by pokaibanktokyo at 3-10-2019 11:38 PM

Macam la tak sedar rakyat singapura semua hina dina, lembik, pengecut, jadi warga kelas ketiga di negara sendiri, lelaki mereka jadi amah di rumah ekspat termasuk ekspat dari malaysia, hidup merana di flat busuk ...

Use magic Report

Post time 4-10-2019 07:07 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by pokaibanktokyo at 3-10-2019 11:08 PM

Melayu singapura bukan kelas ketiga tapi kelas keempat. Bergantung kepada nasi percuma di soup kitchen cina. Sebaliknya di malaysia kaum cina yang bergantung kepada soup kitchen melayu

Use magic Report

Post time 4-10-2019 07:13 AM | Show all posts
salmon-suki replied at 3-10-2019 01:56 PM
Malaysia kelas ketiga..rakyat mostly tahap pemikiran xde kelas..

Singapura lagi teruk la nyah

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 4-10-2019 07:15 AM | Show all posts
Austronesian replied at 3-10-2019 03:28 PM
Patutlah saman terkumpul ada yg sampai rm28 ribu.

Kereta sewa saja. Beribu ekor rakyat singapura dah guna. Mereka mana mampu beli kereta.

Use magic Report

Post time 4-10-2019 07:18 AM | Show all posts
jeanlouisfinch replied at 3-10-2019 04:45 PM
Betul tu. Tak caya tengok kat highway. Kat jb tu, jenis berebut nak bayar, nak parking, hon ikut s ...

Engko heran sebab engko pengecut miskin tak pernah hajar mereka.

Use magic Report

Post time 4-10-2019 07:21 AM | Show all posts
MissCarcosa9753 replied at 3-10-2019 04:05 PM

Di sini pun mereka terpaksa bertamadun gak. Kalau tidak...kena hajar

Use magic Report

Post time 4-10-2019 07:32 AM | Show all posts
julielapadite replied at 3-10-2019 10:37 PM
especially melayu singapore yang rasa diri superior than malaysian malay.

how do you know if a ...

Singaporean malays are the most pathetic. They depend on free meals at chinese soup kitchens. In Malaysia its the chinese who depend on free meals at malay soup kitchens

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

3-5-2024 05:48 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.386260 second(s), 48 queries .