Close [Copy link]
Post time 17-5-2004 08:56 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
911 by the Magnificient heroes or terrorists, trying to kick off
world power for Muslims.

see what happen now?:

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 22-5-2004 09:03 AM | Show all posts
Is the war on Terrorism a war that can be won?

Use magic Report

Adm_Cheng_Ho This user has been deleted
Post time 22-5-2004 10:25 AM | Show all posts
Depending on the approach.

If we can remove the supplies of gullible suicide martyr wannabes, half the battle would have been won. And that begs the question what contributed contant production of legions of bigots that can be easily recruited from the vast market of the Middle East? If there is a way to convince the majority moderate populations of not helping terrorist's cause, radical organizations would die out.

I believe it was hatred & contempt that feeds the mind of the simpletons. The media, politicians and religious clerics had aggravated situations & twisted perceptions of the Wests. These had taken root long before 911 occur.

The Bush-administration on the other hand complicated its own position. They are losing supports from even the Western countries due to unconvincing Iraq policy. They are going brute force. Very extreme & fearful. The way their tries to win is to get Arab/Muslim governments to crackdown on rampant terrorist organizations in their country. Those who failed to comply will met with ultimate humiliation.

One fine example is Afghanistan. Then Iraq (for no apparent reason). This signal is perfectly received by surrounding nations. That is not to harbour factions or underground organizations that could undermine US interests.

Syria relents. Iran complies. NK toned down. Libya surrenders. EU backoff. One might think they are winning. However, intellectuals they say failed to win hearts & minds.

[ Last edited by Adm_Cheng_Ho on 22-5-2004 at 10:27 AM ]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-5-2004 07:45 PM | Show all posts

there will be losers

actually all would lose something,

and hopefiully not the end of mankind.

Use magic Report

Post time 22-5-2004 08:41 PM | Show all posts
Talking about world power, which country doing war mess here and there and place their military base in all over the world? I wonder why someone can't see that.

Use magic Report

Post time 22-5-2004 08:44 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by kid at 22-5-2004 08:41 PM:
Talking about world power, which country doing war mess here and there and place their military base in all over the world? I wonder why someone can't see that.

osama and all his followers

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 22-5-2004 08:48 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Truth.8 at 22-5-2004 08:44 PM:

two person can't see now... anyone else?

Use magic Report

Post time 22-5-2004 10:04 PM | Show all posts
Osama and his goons are partly responsible and some part is responsible by the US and it's allies..I'll say every people is responsible in this..

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 22-5-2004 10:20 PM | Show all posts

the war of the good and evil

take you pick of the sides most appropriate.

Use magic Report

Post time 25-5-2004 11:30 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Truth.8 at 22-5-04 04:44 AM:

ahhhh ..... another did-osama-do-it-discussion? .:hmm:

Use magic Report

Post time 26-5-2004 12:04 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Adm_Cheng_Ho at 21-5-04 06:25 PM:
religious clerics had aggravated situations & twisted perceptions of the Wests. These had taken root long before 911 occur.

Terrorism = n. terrorisme
[the act of terrorizing; use of force or threats to demoralize, intimidate, and subjugate, esp. such use as a political weapon or policy].

By this definition, any attack by a military can be labeled as terrorism but the US attacks, such as the wedding party attack are labeled as attacks, not terrorism. Both have the same result. US military has killed 11,500 innocent people in Iraq alone :hmm:

Use magic Report

Post time 26-5-2004 12:16 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by DARSITA at 26-5-2004 12:04 AM:

Terrorism = n. terrorisme
[the act of terrorizing; use of force or threats to demoralize, intimidate, and subjugate, esp. such use as a political weapon or policy].

Terrorism is tactic of violence that targets civilians... so bombing innocent people on wedding party is clearly terrorism... but I bet no single major US media will call it terrorism, because terrorism is for other, not for them.... they think it is "haram" to call their action as terrorism... sick hypocrite

Use magic Report

Post time 26-5-2004 08:49 AM | Show all posts
Hi darsita,

Applying the label of "terrorism" should be made against the backdrop of intention.

The bombing of the wedding is still unclear to me. I'm still waiting & not just taking one side of the story. At this moment, I would say I disapprove the bombing.

To aptly label terrorism on US Army based on the bombing of wedding party, we ought to know if it was intentional. Terrorists organizations are different. They publicly, openly & explicitly declare their intention. They admit their actions. That is why we call them terrorists.

Use magic Report

Post time 26-5-2004 09:06 AM | Show all posts
Great post there,Adm_Cheng_Ho!

Use magic Report

WICKED This user has been deleted
Post time 26-5-2004 09:29 AM | Show all posts
"war on terrorism" declared by Bush therefore Iraq was invaded. To consider the invasion of Iraq is terrorism act, many people accuse only muslims involve in terrorizing people & country but try to deny the act of terrorism is also done by Bush and his allies in Iraq. During the invasion many Abu Ghraib Prisoners being abused by his troops. An innocent young man named Nick Berg became the victim to pay the debt for the abusive action done by the troops to iraqis until certain group of iraqis took revenge on Nick Berg. Is this the right way to fight the war on terrorism? If one takes revenge on one another, it will never stop terrorism but instead it will goes on and on!

[ Last edited by WICKED on 27-5-2004 at 11:44 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 27-5-2004 05:28 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Adm_Cheng_Ho at 25-5-04 04:49 PM:
Hi darsita,

Applying the label of "terrorism" should be made against the backdrop of intention.

The bombing of the wedding is still unclear to me. I'm still wai ...

I don't think that Iraq was a plus towards winning the war on terror.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 27-5-2004 10:28 AM | Show all posts
I don't think that Iraq was a plus towards winning the war on terror

This is precisely what I'm pointing out all the while. US even losing supports from Western friends over Iraq policy. Canada abstain. France & Germany had tensed bilateral relation & economic strain over it. British public & European made it a laughing stock even they are in USA hurting many American feeling who even though also disapprove of the war.

Moreover, the method used is also silly. Army against stealth unit. People are asking "what are they shooting at?". Then we have to realise Iraq War is no longer held as WOT.

Use magic Report

whitepig This user has been deleted
Post time 27-5-2004 11:03 AM | Show all posts
>>I don't think that Iraq was a plus towards winning the war on terror<<

yeah but at least they got the oil reserves.

Use magic Report

Post time 30-5-2004 01:06 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by kid at 2004-5-22 08:41 PM:

we can't see what u see bcos we look at things more openly... from all angles... not zoomed in like u.  eg. ppl of south korea is very happy to hv a usa military base in their country bcos usa protects them fr north korea.  but koreans are unimportant to u?  true middle east policy is not their strongest point but we can't ignore the good of usa either.  as far as i'm concerned,  the world would be worst w/out usa.

Use magic Report

Post time 30-5-2004 01:19 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by kid at 2004-5-26 12:16 AM:
so bombing innocent people on wedding party is clearly terrorism... but I bet no single major US media will call it terrorism

why are u so sure the bombing was intentional?  u're saying that us soldiers purposely attack innocent ppl attending a wedding?  there's news that iraqis themselves did it so they can blame it on the us army.  it has happened b4 yet u are so ready to believe this is done on purpose.  i'm not supporting us army but i don't readily believe iraqis either... i think mostly bcos there are many saddam loyalists & terrorists grps like alqaeda posing as civilians.  :cf:

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

14-5-2024 09:16 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 1.036540 second(s), 49 queries .