CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

1234Next
Return to list New
View: 7335|Reply: 64

char kuey teow diberikan kepada orang melayu dahulu di seksyen 17, petaling jaya

[Copy link]
Post time 6-10-2016 08:50 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
To satisfy my cravings for Char Koey Teow, I found myself driving to Section 17 Petaling Jaya recently. According to a good friend of mine, there is a Char Koey Teow hawker operating at a pasar malam there every Tuesday evening.

Unwilling to park my car by the street, and block the path of other road users (unlike most other drivers who don’t seem to care), I ended-up driving round in circles as I desperately hoped to find a legal parking spot. Throwing my hands up in despair, I settled nevertheless parking under a tree – not exactly a designated parking area I admit, but I wasn’t blocking anyone either.

The Char Koey Teow hawker recommended by my friend is a Malay guy. When I arrived, he was busy cleaning up his wok with water and a wooden scrapper.

“Boleh order lagi tak (Can I still make an order)?” I asked, worried if he was getting ready to close shop.

“Boleh (Yes, you can),” was his one-word reply.

Not much of a talker, I assumed.

“Char Koey Teow dua,” I placed my order and began watching him cook.

The hawker was quite skilful with his wok. To preserve the authentic taste of his secret recipe, I noticed that he only cooked one order at a time.

Approximately five minutes later, my first order was ready. The hawker scooped the flat noodles with thick gravy into a translucent plastic bag and began cooking my second order. That was when another customer, a Malay lady, arrived.

“Char Koey Teow satu, ya,” she ordered.

The hawker then instructed his assistant to pack my first order before turning to me, saying, “Saya bagi dia dulu ya, sebab dia order satu bungkus je (Let me attend to her order first because she only ordered one pack.”

Before I could respond, my packed Char Koey Teow was handed to the Malay lady – she handed over a RM5 note and walked away. I was stunned. It wasn’t like I had 10 orders of Char Koey Teow for him to give priority to this lady!

Anyway, not wanting to make a big deal out of it, I decided to hold my tongue and wait.

Soon came another customer, a Malay (again), who ordered one pack of Char Koey Teow – once again, my order was given away.

“Kesian dia kena tunggu kak. Kak order dua, dia satu je (I feel bad making him wait. You ordered two packs while he only ordered one),” the hawker justified his actions upon seeing me frown.

At that point, I was no longer angry or upset. To be honest, I was amused – amused at the level of stupidity and ignorance of this hawker. Was I made to wait simply because I was not a Malay? Frankly, I do not buy his excuse of prioritising customers who place a less number of orders with him.

So I continued waiting for my Char Koey Teow, secretly wishing more Malay customers would stop by his stall – I was keen to see how long the hawker intended to keep me waiting.

And just as I waited, another customer walked in. A Chinese.

“Kasi satu (One please).”

“Char Koey Teow?”

“Ya, ya. Char Koey Teow. Satu ahh…”

I just knew right away that I would no longer be made to wait for my orders – the other customer was after all, a non-Malay. And I was right, for I was handed my two packs shortly after.

I wish I could say I did not enjoy the Char Koey Teow as a result of the incident, but I cannot lie – the Char Koey Teow was one of the best I’ve had in a long time. But with the hawker’s mentality of serving his own kind first before others, I doubt he will ever succeed in this business. Most likely, ten years down the road, he will still be a hawker, and nothing more.

There are many others who share a similar mindset as this Char Koey Teow hawker – not all of them Malays though.

I remember making an appointment with my Chinese hair dresser only to be made to wait while she attended to other walk-in customers – who coincidently were all Chinese. She even lied when asked why this was so, claiming the other customers had made earlier appointments than mine, when it was so evident by their queries on services available and the price, that they were indeed walk-ins.

Some Indians are not much different. Try walking to a vadai and samosa hawker in an Indian-majority area – most likely, those who make orders in Tamil are given priority over others.

The only people I’ve seen so far who do not give any preferential treatment based on race are the Bangladeshis. Be it a Malay, Chinese or Indian – you will just have to wait your turn patiently.

Bangladeshi workers in our service industry tend to treat others more fairly – your race matters not to them. The only people they give special treatment to are those who are respectful. I think it’s about time more Bangladeshi people take over hawker stalls selling noodles and vadai as well as offer their services at hair salons, so Malaysian customers will no longer have to tolerate being discriminated against according to their race.

Hidup Bangla!

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 6-10-2016 08:52 AM | Show all posts
nak niaga pun pangai rasis..tak lama laa ko

Use magic Report

Post time 6-10-2016 09:00 AM | Show all posts
kebodohan manusia ni kan tak sama
anggap jela dia tu bodoh..or else, speak up and ask why so and so..jgn pendam tp pastu post kt fb

Use magic Report

Post time 6-10-2016 09:03 AM | Show all posts
ala..rasis berasaskan warna kulit selalu terjadi...cuma cerita kat atas tu nampak bodoh bengong peniaga tu sebab orang nak beli...

kalau kat supermarket makanan percuma macam maggi, air susu, sampel air buah yang dipack dalam bekas kecik jarang sekali pekerja berbangsa cina nak offer kat orang melayu...depa offer kat bangsa depa saja...walaupun kita lalulalang depan depa...depa buat do no ja....tak rasis ka tu??

tu sekadar contoh...

Use magic Report

Post time 6-10-2016 09:07 AM | Show all posts
gede-bab replied at 6-10-2016 09:03 AM
ala..rasis berasaskan warna kulit selalu terjadi...cuma cerita kat atas tu nampak bodoh bengong peni ...

lu trus tanya dia la
bole cb x....

Use magic Report

Post time 6-10-2016 09:12 AM | Show all posts
yg customer pun sama bodoh..
tgk sapa sampai dulu la....
diorg boleh je tolak cakap.. yg that chinese man order dulu..so bgla dia dulu...

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 6-10-2016 09:30 AM | Show all posts
Customer sorang ni pun, benda kecik je nak komplen.. lama sgt ke nak tunggu.. tak ikut giliran ni biasa la terjadi kat mana2.. kalo kuey teow tu basi, boleh la mengadu-domba kat FB..

Use magic Report

Post time 6-10-2016 09:37 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
ala..rasis berasaskan warna kulit selalu terjadi...cuma cerita kat atas tu nampak bodoh bengong peni ...

Tak jugak. Dari pengalaman aku

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 6-10-2016 09:38 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Sedap ? Seksyen 17?. Ahahaa. Boleh gi try la nanti

Use magic Report

Post time 6-10-2016 09:39 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
org melayu ni akan rasa kedai makan melayu yg ada pelanggan cina makan..gerenti makanan kat situ sedap..mungkin ini taktik peniaga ckt tersebut

Use magic Report

Post time 6-10-2016 09:41 AM | Show all posts
setakat ni, aku tak pernah lagi jumpa insiden gini. Insiden aku dipotong queue adalah, baik di gerai mahupun pejabat kerajaan yg ada sistem nombor giliran

Use magic Report

Post time 6-10-2016 09:42 AM | Show all posts
apa sal tak sound direct dkt mamat tu
eh sabarnya menanti kalau iolls memang kena soundlah mamat tu
kalau peniaga chinese diorg memang goreng satu satu
diorg akan cakap byk lagi
kalau boleh tahan tunggu sila tunggu
pilihan ditangan anda

Use magic Report

Post time 6-10-2016 09:42 AM | Show all posts

Promotion mcm tu iolls dtg terus kat dia tanya, ni boleh try ke?
Dah tentunya memang untuk di cuba.
So far takde pula yang kata tak boleh.

Use magic Report

Post time 6-10-2016 09:45 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Pokcik kalu rasa nk menjual ke melayu saja..sila tulis sign besor2 "Untuk Melayu Sahaja" cina n india lu orang pegi makan babi saja..gituuu...benci betul rasis2 ni

Use magic Report

Post time 6-10-2016 09:46 AM | Show all posts

yang ni selalu jadi tapi aku assume promoter cina tu takut nak offer kat melayu, kang dikatanya xhalal, boikot, yahudi etc.
well, u know lah org melayu zaman skrg ni, too much restrictions.
so daripada dia kena berleter just because offer free sample, baiklah dia tak offer katanyaaaaa..

Use magic Report

Post time 6-10-2016 09:48 AM | Show all posts
dizzzek replied at 6-10-2016 09:07 AM
lu trus tanya dia la
bole cb x....

perlu kah tanya? sedangkan dengan orang yang sebangsa dengannya dia sua..malah panggil lai..lai...free..free...mai kat kita dia senyap...tapi aku bukan kebulurpun nak makan..tapi terasa dengan sikap rasis macam tu...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 6-10-2016 09:50 AM | Show all posts
caramellatte replied at 6-10-2016 09:46 AM
yang ni selalu jadi tapi aku assume promoter cina tu takut nak offer kat melayu, kang dikatanya xh ...

mengarutlah...kalau dah makanan kebiasaan macam maggi, air buah ,susu kultur takkan tak halal? lagipun barang tak halal macam arak, daging babi kan tak jual terbuka kat supermarket...menda2 tak halal tu dalam ruang yang terasing...

Use magic Report

Post time 6-10-2016 09:53 AM | Show all posts
gede-bab replied at 6-10-2016 09:50 AM
mengarutlah...kalau dah makanan kebiasaan macam maggi, air buah ,susu kultur takkan tak halal? lag ...

halal.. tapi berapa ramai boikot nestle? pernah baca viral pasal orea ada lambang salib?
haaa lain kali bercampur sikit dengan orang, dr golongan tak sekolah sampai golongan phd.
dari situ ko akan kenal macam2 orang.
kawan aku sendiri boikot oreo sebab viral pasal salib tu. ada yang boikot nestle, barangan yahudi.
ada boikot laici tin sebab ada kandungan babi katanya.
so?

Use magic Report

Post time 6-10-2016 09:54 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
nuralisa replied at 6-10-2016 09:12 AM
yg customer pun sama bodoh..
tgk sapa sampai dulu la....
diorg boleh je tolak cakap.. yg that chin ...

Kan..setengah customer mmg x reti bahasa.kalau reti bahasa,nampak ada org lain dtg dulu,bg la org tu dulu..pernah je kena mcm tu kt psr mlm.nyirap gila..tp fikir sbb sebungkus kueh teow x kan aku nk baran kt situ.biarkan je lah

Use magic Report

Post time 6-10-2016 09:59 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Spe yg tulis ni? Suruh dia apply jd reporter ke penulis skrip/novel jah.. punya la detail bercerita smpai aku was2 kebenaran cite nih

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

14-5-2024 01:38 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.127983 second(s), 48 queries .