Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: mysara

Modern Romance, any one?

[Copy link]
Post time 28-7-2006 09:59 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by KRUfan at 12-7-2006 01:52 PM

MJ, u mesti bace her other books..she's my fav author..her books are my must buy!

nanti tunggu budget, leh beli agiks..any particular title u wanna recommend, KRUfan?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 29-7-2006 02:01 PM | Show all posts
MJ...I like Bet me too..
Dream a little dream, this heart of mine, ain't she sweet.....best!!!!

Use magic Report

Post time 1-8-2006 12:13 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by MrsJohn at 12-7-2006 09:51 AM
Semalam habis baca First Lady by Susan Eizabeth Phillips

Jalan cerita & characters menarik, especially Lucy & Butt...tak membosankan. ending tu yg tak berapa best...

Sinopsis,
When C ...

Should read all her books. Susan Elizabeth Phillips is one of my fav author. In fact, semua bukunya ada dalam simpanan. The latest is "Ain't She Sweet?". Skarang tengah tunggu her latest paperback "Match Me If You Can"

Use magic Report

Post time 1-8-2006 12:24 PM | Show all posts
Baru habis baca these 2 bks.  Pinjam kat Library

First Impression by Jude Deveraux

After Eden was thrown out by her religious zealot parents when she was raped at 17 and became pregnant, she was taken in by Mrs. Farrington, a member of Arundel, North Carolina's elite. Mrs. Farrington put Eden to work cataloging family papers, and Eden and her daughter lived there until Mrs. Farrington's pedophile son came home. Now that Eden is 45, her daughter is about to become a mother, and Eden has received an inheritance, she decides to leave New York and head back South. But her return is marred by Jared McBride, an undercover FBI agent. His mission, to romance the single mother and find out what she knows, is complicated by Eden's romantic interest in the local lawyer.

Carolina Isle also by Jude Deveraux

Ariel and Sara never imagined their high-spirited attempt to step into each other's shoes would cause such upheaval. The lifelong pen pals, who look exactly alike, meet for the first time in their twenties and embark on a daring adventure of changing identities. Southern belle Ariel is determined to win the heart of a man who doesn't know she exists, while Sara yearns to leave behind her hardscrabble existence and taste the good life that fate has denied her. But in pretty Arundel, North Carolina, nothing is as it seems -- including the dangers that are closing in on their new dream lives, as the deepest of fears and darkest of secrets and betrayals come to light.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 1-8-2006 06:06 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Izzana at 1-8-2006 12:13 PM

Should read all her books. Susan Elizabeth Phillips is one of my fav author. In fact, semua bukunya ada dalam simpanan. The latest is "Ain't She Sweet?". Skarang tengah tunggu her lates ...

The latest is Match me if you can..Februari 2007..dier bakal menghasilkan a new novel..Natural born charmer...:love:

Use magic Report

Post time 2-8-2006 10:30 AM | Show all posts
Tulah yang tak sabar nak tunggu tu. Match Me If you Can is available in paperback on Aug 29 06. Hardcover dah kluar tapi nak beli mahal:cry:. Nak tunggu paperback jugak. Natural Born Charmer will be in publication in Feb 07.

Susan Elizabeth Phillips Website

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 4-8-2006 07:04 AM | Show all posts
Kat paperback Match Me If You Can tu ader sneak preview of Natural Born Charmer...kat belakang....

Use magic Report

Post time 8-9-2006 12:10 PM | Show all posts
up kan balik.. :hatdown:

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 8-9-2006 02:22 PM | Show all posts
Ok.........nak promote buku yang baru saya habis baca.  Tajuknya The Seduction of His Wife by Janet Chapman.  Ceritanya bagus dan sangat berpuas hati sebab selama ni cuma berminat dengan historical romance jer........

Ini sedikit catatan utk buku tersebut:-

"He set out to seduce her for all the wrong reasons - but found himself falling in love with her for all the right ones."

- Alex Knight is dead - or so everyone thinks.  a widowed logger baron with a risk-taking streak, he took on a South American engineering project and was reported dead after a rebel attact.  so when he turns up back in Maine very much alive, his grieving family is shocked.  But the biggest shock is Alex's, when he discovers he's now married -  to a woman he's never met.

Sarah Banks is ready for a change from running a quiet Bed & Breakfast, and working for the Knight family offers not only a bigger opportunity, but also the family life yearns for.  So she's glad to help secure custody of Alex's orphaned children, whom she's come to love, by marrying their father by proxy before he's legally declared dead.  But when Alex returns, the sexy, determined woodsman upends all of Sarah's plans.  Because suddenly she's married to passionate stranger with an easy smily... and tumbling headlong into a fiery dance of seduction.

Happy reading.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 9-9-2006 10:32 AM | Show all posts

judith mcnaught tulis few aje  untuk modern romance..
mostly historical...  i reckon..

Use magic Report

Post time 2-4-2007 06:24 PM | Show all posts
Weekend baru nih sempat baca only 2 of the Chandler brothers trilogy by Carly Phillips...

The titles for the trilogy are the bachelor, the heartbreaker, the playboy...

I tak baca ikut turutan, i read the second one dulu, the heartbreaker, sbb tak perasan, dh baca mls la nk stop... their mother has been meddling and nagging them to get married and give her grandchildren ever since she falls ill, and she wants to see her sons settle down and be happy... they lived in a small town where everybody know everbody and everything that happen in their little town..

1st book:the bachelor

the first in the trilogy, but the story is about the youngest brother... yg nih satu blom baca lg, nanti dh baca lah update

2nd book: the playboy

this is the story about the middle of Chandler brothers, police officer in their hometown who can't resist to help damsell in distress... his mother keep pushing single women in their hometown to his side, but he resisted all of them... he was married once long time ago, and was hurt by that marriage, since then he vowed that he will not get married again... or fall in love again... however... the temptation began when a woman in a wedding dress arrived in their small town..

3rd book: the heartbreaker

the last of the trilogy, this story is about the eldest brother... he also vowed that he will not marry and has family of his own, because he has been acting as a father figure to his younger brothers since he was 18, and have to forget his dream in order to handle their family business, a local newspaper, after his father died.. after his two brothers happily married, he feels free to pursue his dream, but an obstacle in a form of a woman who's life probably in danger, and whom he felt responsible to protect...

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 3-4-2007 09:59 AM | Show all posts
modern romance saya hanya baca buku S.E.P je. takpenah bace yg lain

Use magic Report

Post time 3-4-2007 04:40 PM | Show all posts
Yatie penah baca SEP's Hot Shot. Best jugak tapi dah lama dah baca so tak ingat sangat storyline dia. I think it's something about this couple buka computer programming business kot. Waktu baca tu computer2 ni baru la sgt kat m'sia ni. So cam interesting la. Hari tu beli First Lady tapi tak baca lagi.

Other modern romance writers yg yatie suka of course Judith McNaught. Also Linda Howard and Jayne Anne Krentz. JAK ni kalau tak silap nama betul Amanda Quick. Or is it the other way around? Whatever lah. But they are one and the same person.

Kalau siapa2 suka Julie Garwood historocals, can also try contemporary books dia: Heartbreaker, Mercy,Killjoy, Murder List and Slow Burn. Mostly revolves around the Buchanan family. Very good. As good as her historicals. Thriller and very fast paced.

Also Mary Jo Putney writes relly good modern romance. Slalunya MJP punya characters have to deal with some serious issues macam wife beating, alcoholism, child abuse and how it affected that character. So quite a strong impact jugak la to the readers but the writing tak la heavy.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 6-4-2007 10:47 AM | Show all posts

nora roberts

dah 2 minggu buat marathon nora roberts novel
- semua yg ada title "night.."- abt 8 books
- the key series - 3 books
- the 3 sisters island - 3 books
- mcgregor - 10 kot

love all of  it. except for mcgregor yg pasal grandpa dia.. in this NR is a bit out of depth since its set in early days of America (Boston tea parties and etc).

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 13-4-2007 07:24 AM | Show all posts
julie garwood nye modern romance i dh baca semua, including the latest one Shadow Dance... it is called the buchanan series, keturunan buchanan from scotland (from her historical romance)... the books each tell a story of buchanan siblings, or character that related to them...

her modern romance rasanya tak menyengat sgt macam her historical.... and the genre more to thriller romance..or something like that lah... sebab all book smua pasal murder... ada yang best, ada jugak yg dissappointed, cam her latest book Shadow Dance, which i really looking forward to, because the hero has been highlighted in all her earlier books, but his character in his own book tak menyerlah la pulak..

i'll submit the reviews later, during the weekend probably...

Use magic Report

Post time 13-4-2007 07:36 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by mias_2004 at 6-4-2007 10:47 AM
dah 2 minggu buat marathon nora roberts novel
- semua yg ada title "night.."- abt 8 books
- the key series - 3 books
- the 3 sisters island - 3 books
- mcgregor - 10 kot

love all ...

nora roberts.... one of my favourite author... alamak... lupa lak nak include one of her book masa vote dlm the star nyer survey tuh....

i like her books because of the storyline, the way she wrote.... i think i read almost of her books (except maybe the books she wrote in he earlier days, which is quite hard to find)... nowadays she wrote trilogy... i think it is a good strategy, because if u read one of the book in the trilogy series, u will definitely looking for other books in the trilogy...

but what i like most about her books because she always highlight about family values... i have noticed the similarity in her books regarding this... i like the way she makes that family is very important...

i think my favourite is the Quinn brothers... there are 4 books in this series... they are 4 Quinn siblings... all male... but they are not related by blood... however, even though they are not real brothers, i love the way she describe their relationship between each other... all comes from different background, with bad experience in their past... but they always support each other, and stood together if one of them has problem..

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 21-4-2007 01:50 PM | Show all posts

Reply #75 juya79's post

juya, you dah baca Shadow Dance ke? Tak brapa best eh? ALah tak syok la macam tu. Like you said, hero tu ada in most of the other books, so kita anticipate sgt crita ni sure best.... dissapointed-nya

Use magic Report

Post time 21-4-2007 01:55 PM | Show all posts
yatie baru habis baca Kiss An Angel by Susan ELizabeth Phillip, Best crita dia. I got hook from the first page. Tak buleh nak letak buku tu. Ada parts yg sedih2 la dan saya pun tak berjaya menahan air mata
It's about this rich girl, Daisy Deveraux. Father dia paksa dia kawin ngan ALex Markov, who is a circus manager. They have to stay married for six months coz the father nak anak dia ni learn something about life. Best la...

Use magic Report

Post time 22-4-2007 01:07 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by yatiedin at 21-4-2007 01:50 PM
juya, you dah baca Shadow Dance ke? Tak brapa best eh? ALah tak syok la macam tu. Like you said, hero tu ada in most of the other books, so kita anticipate sgt crita ni sure best.... dissapointed-nya

x meet my expecation la, compare to other buchanan stories... jalan citer okay... just hero dia tuh, noah clayborne, which appears in other books in the series, character dia cam tak cukup gilap lak in his own story... padahal bila baca character dia dlm other books, very intriguing... interesting...

Use magic Report

Post time 22-4-2007 11:37 AM | Show all posts

Reply #78 yatiedin's post

Mmg best!so very touching!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic
Busana Konsert Lizah Di Temasek
KurexBusana Konsert Lizah Di Temasek
Views : 6141 Replies : 102
Hanis Haizi Misqueen, Babutam, Nwantiti V79
syitaeyqaHanis Haizi Misqueen, Babutam, Nwantiti
Views : 278643 Replies : 6886
Tiktok, suke ke tak?
MrsVeneerTiktok, suke ke tak?
Views : 20953 Replies : 130
Borak Idea yg blh jana side income
makitingBorak Idea yg blh jana side income
Views : 6149 Replies : 27
Mat Salleh buat video graduasi guna lagu "UiTM di Hatiku". Netizen terhibur lagu rasmi UiTM mendonia
mojarean_XMat Salleh buat video graduasi guna lagu
Views : 8557 Replies : 11
Dah besar pun dia..
BoomibulatDah besar pun dia..
Views : 13352 Replies : 90
Teka Teki Teka Tekok
FARRAZOOLTeka Teki Teka Tekok
Views : 27588 Replies : 115
Husband korang macam ni kan?
VictorioussssHusband korang macam ni kan?
Views : 21958 Replies : 94
Edisi 9 Tahun Kematian Arwah Nurin Jazlin
budakshinchanEdisi 9 Tahun Kematian Arwah Nurin Jazli
Views : 41452 Replies : 254
Uji Minda :)
yoanaUji Minda :)
Views : 90960 Replies : 639

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

1-7-2024 05:02 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.147597 second(s), 52 queries .