Author: mysara

Modern Romance, any one?

[Copy link]
Post time 27-1-2006 08:06 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by mysara at 27-1-2006 06:45 PM
mcm pernah nampak.. tapi tak terambil :hmm:
pls tell more abt her btho.

actually her style of writing is good.
but this particular book The Dream ni, mcm tak percaya ader org jenis ni bole wujud kat dunia ni.
the guy being dumped tiga atau empat kali with the heroin, tapi yg I tergelak tu, lelaki ni tak serik2x kena 'buang' dan kena 'kutip' semula!!!
but of course, criter ni happy ending....:kant:

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 27-1-2006 10:24 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by btho at 27/1/06 08:06 PM

the guy being dumped tiga atau empat kali with the heroin, tapi yg I tergelak tu, lelaki ni tak serik2x kena 'buang' dan kena 'kutip' semula!!!

tu yang tak syok tu! patut jual mahal lah balik kat perempuan tu tak? :kant:

modern romance writer lain sape lagi ek? ooo.. susan elizabeth phillips lah kot.. currently in love with her writings

Use magic Report

Post time 27-1-2006 10:40 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by limau_nipis at 27-1-2006 10:24 PM

tu yang tak syok tu! patut jual mahal lah balik kat perempuan tu tak? :kant:

modern romance writer lain sape lagi ek? ooo.. susan elizabeth phillips lah kot.. currently in love with her writ ...

susan elizabeth philips?
rasa mcm pernah baca buku dier once.
tapi dah tak ingat dah.

limau..., criterkan sket camner penulisan dier.
thks!!!

Use magic Report

Post time 28-1-2006 05:21 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by btho at 27-1-2006 05:34 PM
hmm..., takder respon.
maknanyer Kat Martin ramai yg tak kenal ek?

I've read a book of hers..tapi dah lupa title..ok gak..

Use magic Report

Post time 3-2-2006 10:43 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by btho at 27/1/06 10:40 PM

susan elizabeth philips?
rasa mcm pernah baca buku dier once.
tapi dah tak ingat dah.

limau..., criterkan sket camner penulisan dier.
thks!!!

rasanya KRUfan lagi berpengalaman kot nak cerita pasal buku Susan Elizabeth Phillips ni kan? Dia mmg peminat setia tu..

As for me, I only read 3 books from her.. Nobody's Baby But Mine, First Lady and Lady, Be Good..

and I would conclude that (sorry, banyak reference to first lady book, since that is the recent book from her that I read):
-she can play on emotions, a lot.. that you would be crying.. mmg meruntun hati habislah, part sedih tu mungkin sikit-sikit jer, tapi mmg menangis le

- kelakarlah sangat! mmg part laugh out loud habis .. tergelak jer bila baca adegan-adegan dalam buku tu, bukanlah lawak bodoh-bodoh.. kalau macam first lady tu, adegan kelakar banyak kat part first lady tu jaga baby, maklum ler, tak pernah jaga baby, so funny lah cerita macammana dia nak handle budak

- she made research, aku rasa baca buku dia menambah pengetahuan gak.. yup.. macam cerita first lady tu.. how the system works inside the white house for small things, macam sorting mail, telephone coding, etc.. nice! cthnya, lepas baca buku dia, aku tau setiap ahli tertinggi ada code name kat FBI. means, kalau dalam emergency situatuion, the FBI would not refer them to their original name (in case it leak out to other irresponsible people) but use their code name.

[ Last edited by limau_nipis at 3-2-2006 10:45 AM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 3-2-2006 01:25 PM | Show all posts
Ader part dlm novel Ain't she sweet yg made me cry...kene bace dulu this book, baru faham what i'm trying to say..

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 9-6-2006 10:14 AM | Show all posts
upkan balik!!!

selain Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Judith McNaught pun tulis contemporary romance yang powerful.. like her novel, Paradise n Perfect...

so enlighten me, ada lagi tak modern romance writers than enlisted here that I should watch out for reading material?
yep, noted for Teresa Medeiros, tapi rasa cam dah lama sgt dia tak tulis buku modern romance

Use magic Report

Post time 9-6-2006 10:23 AM | Show all posts
oh yup... Teresa Medeiros's modern romance that I simply love.. ada 2 buku, related with each other, first book cerita pasal mak, second book cerita pasal anak.. buku TM ni mmg kelakar, sebab kes time travel, jadi bila dah tertime travel ke zaman tak sepatutnya, jadi la perkara yang sangat hilarious...

First book is about Arian (mak Tabitha) & Tristan

Precocious Puritan and aspiring witch Arian Whitewood spends her lonely nights dreaming of magic and excitement. She gets more excitement than she bargains for when she crash lands straight out of a witch hunt into the 20th century and the arms of Tristan Lennox, a relusive billionaire. Arian blows through Tristan's climate-controlled existence like a breath of magic, only to discover that the spell he weaves around her heart is more compelling than any enchantment.

Ni cerita time travel, so I consider it a modern romance.. sebab Arian time travel ke 20th century daripada zaman dulu-dulu, zaman yang witch dikira jahat.. sebab Arian ni witch, tapi asyik tak jadi je buat magic.

Second book is about Tabitha (anak Arian & Trsitan) & Sir Colin

When cool-headed scientist and inept witch Tabitha Lennox inherits her mother's mysterious amulet, she doesn't expect to be hurled seven centuries into the past--directly into the path of a surly but gorgeous knight on a quest for vengeance. Sir Colin of Ravenshaw finds himself beguiled by this strange woman who smells like baby shampoo and introduces him to the
culinary delights of the Big Mac. Although he is honor-bound to burn her at the stake, Colin soon discovers it is his own heart that is aflame for this enchanting woman he must not love, but cannot live without.

Ni pun zaman time travel, tapi Tabitha tertravel back to old times, zaman 13 th century.. part mintak Big Mac kat hero tu yang aku gelak terbabas punya, zaman tu mana ler ada McD.. then, when she came back to the future, dia siap pesan kat mak dia bawak tampon banyak-banyak, sebab dalam zaman dia nak kembali tu, tampon pun belum exist lagik..

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 9-6-2006 12:47 PM | Show all posts
Limau, you should try Bet Me ~ Jennifer Crusie..very funny!

Use magic Report

Post time 12-6-2006 12:18 PM | Show all posts
MJ nak rekomen , I don't know how she does it by Allison Pearson. X tau pulak nak kategorikan under fiction or non-fiction...Tapi I luv it, and I bought for only £1 ...kat carboot sale...hekhek...

Additional Information about I Don't Know How She Does It
Portions of this page Copyright 1995 - 2004 Muze Inc.  All rights reserved.

Synopsis
Kate Reddy is an executive in the financial world whose doomed attempt to micromanage her children and their nanny is only one of the picky little problems that dominate her life. However, things are soon spinning out of control. A friend dies of cancer, Kate's husband leaves, she contemplates an affair, and she gets stoned with a cab driver--all indications that, from now on, things will be different. A New York Times Notable Book for 2002.

Size
Length: 337 pages
Height: 8.0 in.
Width: 5.5 in.
Thickness: 0.5 in.
Weight: 9.6 oz.

Publisher's Note
Delightfully smart and heartbreakingly poignant, Allison Pearson抯 smash debut novel has exploded onto bestseller lists as 揟he national anthem for working mothers.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 13-6-2006 10:15 PM | Show all posts
one more book.. by barbara freethy.. tajuk: Just The Way You Are

Alli MacGuire, always the tagalong sister, seduced Sam Tucker, the boyfriend of her older and more beautiful sister Tessa, and became pregnant. After watching her husband pine for years for Tessa, the strong-willed and perpetually jealous Alli makes the painful decision to divorce Sam, determined that she and her daughter will have it allDor nothing. When Alli's beloved grandmother, Phoebe, suffers a stroke, Tessa, now a famous supermodel, returns to Tucker's Landing for the first time in 10 years, resurrecting old loves and forcing reexaminations of new relationships. A pearl necklace Phoebe and her long deceased husband started many years ago that has always represented their love for each other becomes the catalyst for repairing the damaged relationship between Tessa and Alli. Even if she must force them, Phoebe wants her granddaughtersDtogetherDto find the last pearl that will complete the necklace and bring closure, finally, to the hurt of the past. Admittedly Alli's not entirely likable, but even Tessa comes to recognize her sister's good qualities, and the reader winds up rooting for Alli, Sam and their marriage. Fans will be eager to dive into this moving tale of two sisters from the RITA Award-winning Freethy (Almost Home). (Nov.)
Copyright 2000 Reed Business Information, Inc.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 14-6-2006 08:30 AM | Show all posts
Limau...there u are...Barbara Freethy pon one of my fav authors.....I've got most of her books...I've read Just the way you are...

Use magic Report

Post time 14-6-2006 01:37 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by KRUfan at 14/6/06 08:30 AM
Limau...there u are...Barbara Freethy pon one of my fav authors.....I've got most of her books...I've read Just the way you are...

barbara freethy susah nak jumpa kat malaysia
my copy is the one bought by my friend in us

Use magic Report

Post time 15-6-2006 09:52 AM | Show all posts
Eh, iyer ker? Oh, saya byk beli buku dier kat S'pore...

Use magic Report

Post time 15-6-2006 11:04 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by limau_nipis at 9-6-2006 10:14 AM
upkan balik!!!

selain Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Judith McNaught pun tulis contemporary romance yang powerful.. like her novel, Paradise n Perfect...

so enlighten me, ada lagi tak modern roman ...

hmmm... i've got judith mcanught nye buku yg title Perfect tuh... beli pun sbb suka the cover kaler merah... hehehe... but dont really like the story... baca skali je... tuh pun bc dlm paksa... skang dah berabuk buku tuh...

Use magic Report

Post time 15-6-2006 12:33 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by juya79 at 15/6/06 11:04 AM

hmmm... i've got judith mcanught nye buku yg title Perfect tuh... beli pun sbb suka the cover kaler merah... hehehe... but dont really like the story... baca skali je... tuh pun bc dlm paksa. ...

juya, maybe you should try paradise.. perfect for me ok laa.. tapi paradise mmg terangkat!

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 15-6-2006 05:43 PM | Show all posts

Reply #36 limau_nipis's post

ye betul tu limau nipis.. paradise memang best!!.. my fav modern romance dari JM. Yang latest lum baca, tunggu paperback keluar.. boleh la pinjam kat CM..

Use magic Report

Post time 20-6-2006 10:52 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by periwinkle.. at 15/6/06 05:43 PM
ye betul tu limau nipis.. paradise memang best!!.. my fav modern romance dari JM. Yang latest lum baca, tunggu paperback keluar.. boleh la pinjam kat CM..

ooh, geng lepak kat CM jugak ni.. mmg suka sgt kedai mamak tu (lepas mysara recommend)

as for me, this book is the only one that i can reread so many times. yes, ada certain book, sekali baca, dah sudah, end of it.. tapi paradise ni makes me hooked.

Editorial Reviews
From Publishers Weekly
Two strong-willed characters maintain 11 years of unwarranted hostility based on a series of misunderstandings in this engaging romance, which was a BOMC main selection in cloth and spent 11 weeks on PW 's hardcover bestseller list.
Copyright 1992 Reed Business Information, Inc.

From Library Journal
Heiress to a famous department store fortune, Meredith Bancroft chafes under the strict supervision of her interfering father. When she meets ambitious, handsome steelworker Matt Farrell, Meredith is ripe for the picking, and trouble brews on both sides of the tracks when she becomes pregnant at 18. Mcnaught's skillful treatment of Meredith, the self-styled ugly duckling and poor little rich girl, will pique readers' interest and engage their sympathy. This interest is sorely tested, however, as Meredith's relationship with Matt strains the imagination. Paradise is Mcnaught's hardcover debut, and romance fans of Danielle Steel and Janet Dailey who enjoy a stylish, improbable, fast-paced story will probably welcome Mcnaught to the ranks.
- Lydia Burruel Johnson, Mesa P.L., Ariz.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 21-6-2006 09:06 AM | Show all posts
Limau, u kene try bace buku Jennifer Crusie "Bet Me'....best!

Use magic Report

Post time 21-6-2006 11:37 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by KRUfan at 21/6/06 09:06 AM
Limau, u kene try bace buku Jennifer Crusie "Bet Me'....best!

wah berapa kali KRUfan recommend ni, sure best sgt.. hehehe

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic
Busana Konsert Lizah Di Temasek
KurexBusana Konsert Lizah Di Temasek
Views : 6141 Replies : 102
Hanis Haizi Misqueen, Babutam, Nwantiti V79
syitaeyqaHanis Haizi Misqueen, Babutam, Nwantiti
Views : 278643 Replies : 6886
Tiktok, suke ke tak?
MrsVeneerTiktok, suke ke tak?
Views : 20953 Replies : 130
Borak Idea yg blh jana side income
makitingBorak Idea yg blh jana side income
Views : 6149 Replies : 27
Mat Salleh buat video graduasi guna lagu "UiTM di Hatiku". Netizen terhibur lagu rasmi UiTM mendonia
mojarean_XMat Salleh buat video graduasi guna lagu
Views : 8557 Replies : 11
Dah besar pun dia..
BoomibulatDah besar pun dia..
Views : 13352 Replies : 90
Teka Teki Teka Tekok
FARRAZOOLTeka Teki Teka Tekok
Views : 27588 Replies : 115
Husband korang macam ni kan?
VictorioussssHusband korang macam ni kan?
Views : 21958 Replies : 94
Edisi 9 Tahun Kematian Arwah Nurin Jazlin
budakshinchanEdisi 9 Tahun Kematian Arwah Nurin Jazli
Views : 41452 Replies : 254
Uji Minda :)
yoanaUji Minda :)
Views : 90960 Replies : 639

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

1-7-2024 05:06 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.284712 second(s), 48 queries .