Post time 5-9-2024 01:39 PM | Show all posts
Turn

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 5-9-2024 01:39 PM | Show all posts
Page 18

Use magic Report

Post time 5-9-2024 03:04 PM | Show all posts
“It's not all bad. Heightened self-consciousness, apartness, an inability to join in, physical shame and self-loathing—they are not all bad. Those devils have been my angels. Without them I would never have disappeared into language, literature, the mind, laughter and all the mad intensities that made and unmade me.”
― Stephen Fry, Moab Is My Washpot

Use magic Report

Post time 5-9-2024 03:05 PM | Show all posts
“A picture is worth a thousand words, but the way I paint I'm going to need to contact an editor. Even if I were to abstractly paint the phrase "I love you," it would be the visual equivalent of Joyce's Ulysses.
-James Lee Schmidt and Jarod Kintz”
― James Lee Schmidt, liQUID PROse QUOtes

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

“Only after a writer lets literature shape her can she perhaps shape literature. In working-class France, when an apprentice got hurt, or when he got tired, the experienced workers said, "It is the trade entering his body." The art must enter the body, too.”
― Annie Dillard, The Writing Life

Use magic Report

“I hate reading poems—school made me hate them. I’d spend hours interpreting one, just to read the memorandum and realize I’d be fucked during exams. I remember making a little asterisk next to every question I struggled with, and at the end of the paper, I’d realize I was looking at the fucking Milky Way.”
― Danielle Esplin, Give It Back

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 5-9-2024 03:06 PM | Show all posts
Literature will save me it's the only certainty i am sure of.”
― Nikki Rowe

Use magic Report

Post time 5-9-2024 03:06 PM | Show all posts
“Literature endures like the universal spirit,
And its breath becomes a part of the vitals of all men.”
― Li Shang-yin

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 5-9-2024 03:07 PM | Show all posts
“We ought to know the history of our ancient ancestors.”
― Lailah Gifty Akita, Pearls of Wisdom: Great mind

Use magic Report

Post time 5-9-2024 03:07 PM | Show all posts
“Good literature is a lifeboat! Every time you feel you are sinking, jump on it!”
― Mehmet Murat ildan

Use magic Report

Post time 5-9-2024 03:08 PM | Show all posts
“Ne zaman senden beklenenin sınırına gelsen karşına aynı sorun çıkar – kendin olma sorunu! Bu yönde attığın ilk adımla artı ya da eksi diye bir şey olmadığını idrak eder, patenleri fırlatıp yüzmeye başlarsın. Acı diye bir şey yoktur artık çünkü güvenliğini tehdit edecek bir şey kalmamıştır. Başkalarına yardım etme isteği bile duymazsın – hak etmeleri gereken bir ayrıcalıktan neden mahrum edesin onları? Yaşam muazzam bir sonsuzlukla andan âna esner durur. Hiçbir şey, düşlediğinden daha gerçek olamaz. Evren sen ne olduğunu sanıyorsan odur; sen, sen ve ben de ben olduğumuz sürece başka bir şey olmasına olanak yoktur. Eylemlerinin meyvelerinde yaşarsın. Eylemlerin düşüncelerinin haşatıdır. Düşünce ve eylem birdir çünkü onun içinde yüzersin. Olmasını arzuladığın her şeydir, ne eksik ne fazla. Sonsuzlukta her kulacın değeri vardır. Isıtma ve soğutma tek sistemdir. Oğlak Dönencesi ile Yengeç Dönencesi birbirlerinden sadece hayali bir çizgiyle ayrılır.”
― Henry Miller

Use magic Report

“There is the outside of a story, and the inside of a story... One is the fruit and may be delicious, but the other is the seed.”
― Alice Hoffman, The Marriage of Opposites

Use magic Report

“You read enough books in which people like you are disposable, or are dirt, or are silent, absent, or worthless, and it makes an impact on you. Because art makes the world, because it matters, because it makes us. Or breaks us.”
― Rebecca Solnit

Use magic Report

“Metaphors: knowledge existing in several states and without contradiction”
― G. Willow Wilson, Alif the Unseen

Use magic Report

Post time 5-9-2024 03:09 PM | Show all posts
“What surfaced was the surprising power of our cultural heritage.”
― Patrick Hennessey, The Junior Officers' Reading Club: Killing Time And Fighting Wars

Use magic Report

Post time 5-9-2024 03:11 PM | Show all posts
Edited by mamanoni at 5-9-2024 03:16 PM

- deleted -

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 5-9-2024 03:16 PM | Show all posts
“A good novel is an indivisible sum: every scene, sequence and passage of a good novel has to involve, contribute to and advance all three of its major attributes: theme, plot, characterization.”
― Ayn Rand

Use magic Report

Post time 5-9-2024 03:17 PM | Show all posts
“In art, and in literature, the end and the means, or the subject and the style, must be worthy of each other.

That which is not worth contemplating in life, is not worth re-creating in art.”
― Ayn Rand, The Romantic Manifesto

Use magic Report

Post time 5-9-2024 03:17 PM | Show all posts
“A cardinal principle of good fiction [is]: the theme and the plot of a novel must be integrated—as thoroughly integrated as mind and body or thought and action in a rational view of man.”
― Ayn Rand, The Romantic Manifesto

Use magic Report

Post time 5-9-2024 03:18 PM | Show all posts
“Zihnim buna bütünüyle karşıydı. Acı çekmek yararsızdır, diyordu zihnim bana tekrar tekrar, fakat kendi isteğimle acı çekmeye devam ettim. Acı çekmek bana hiçbir şey öğretmedi; başkaları için hâlâ bir gereksinim olabilir, fakat benim için ruhani uyumsuzluğun matematiksel kanıtından başka bir şey değil. Günümüz insanının acı çekme yöntemiyle sahnelemekte olduğu dram benim için geçerli değil, hiçbir zaman olmadı.”
― Henry Miller, Tropic of Capricorn

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

20-9-2024 05:12 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.214078 second(s), 32 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.