Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 25764|Reply: 180

...LITTLE NYONYA

[Copy link]
Post time 20-7-2009 11:06 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Post Last Edit by isabel at 7-1-2010 15:05

Post Last Edit by seribulan at 28-10-2009 18:31

Tertengok iklan dia...macam best jerr...

Kisah kat Mesia kerr???

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 20-7-2009 11:21 PM | Show all posts
The Little Nyonya                                        From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia                                                                                               

The Little Nyonya
(小娘惹)

The Little Nyonya threatical Poster
GenrePeranakan-themed Drama
Format4:3
Written byAng Eng Tee (洪荣狄)
Directed byZhang Rongmin (张荣敏)
StarringJeanette Aw
Qi Yuwu
Pierre Png
Joanne Peh
Xiang Yun
Yao Wenlong
Opening theme如燕 by Olivia Ong
Ending theme保温 by 邱意淋
需要 by JS
Country of origin Singapore
Language(s)Mandarin Chinese, some dialogues in English, Bahasa Melayu, Japanese and Hokkien
No. of episodes34
Production
Producer(s)Xie Minyang (谢敏杨)
Running timeapprox. 45 minutes
Broadcast
Original channelMediaCorp TV Channel 8
Original run Singapore 25 November 2008 – 5 January 2009 (Final Chapter on 11 January 2009)
29 March 2009
TBA
Chronology
Preceded byBy My Side
Followed byReunion Dinner
External links
Official website
The Little Nyonya (Chinese: 小娘惹) is a 34-episode drama serial which debuted on 25 November 2008 in Singapore's free-to-air channel, MediaCorp TV Channel 8. The storyline is set in the 1930s and spans 70 years. The series is partly sponsored by the Media Development Authority of Singapore. The drama ended its run on 5 January 2009.
This drama was produced by MediaCorpin celebration of the channel's 45 years anniversary (45载光芒·8方贺台庆).This drama required 1 year of research, and took four months to film[1]. More than 150 behind the scenes staff were involved in the production, and the cast also went to Penang and Malaccato film part of the series. The series' production cost was also thehighest ever for MediaCorp, with a pair of beaded shoes costing S$1,200, while a dining table costs S$15,000.
Although MediaCorp's series normally have episode counts that endsin multiples of 5 (20, 25, 30 etc.), The Little Nyonya was, however,extended from the initial 30 episodes to 34 episodes due to over-runsin filming, in order to allow the story to be told completely. Possiblyas a result, two episodes were aired on Mondays, starting from 15December 2008.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 20-7-2009 11:28 PM | Show all posts
Cast

Huang family

Elders
  • Huang Yuan (黄元, also known as Tow Kay, meaning "Huang, Head of Household", portrayed by Yan Bing Liang (严炳量))- Head of the Huang family.
  • Guihua (桂花, also known as Tua Ji, or "Big Sister", portrayed by Lin Meijiao(林梅娇))- The matriarch of the Huang family. She is very protective ofher daughters, and hates Tian Lan's side of the family with a passion,treating them in a subservient manner. She later suffers a strokeduring her attempt to burn Yueniang, whom she blames for all themisfortunes happening in the family.
  • Tian Lan (天兰, portrayed by Xiang Yun(向云)) - Mother of Juxiang. She was a maid of the Huang family. Wasraped by Huang Yuan and taken in as second mistress of the house.However, her status in the family is essentially a maid. She wasaccidentally thrown off the second floor of the Huang residence byJincheng, after Tian Lan stumbled upon his affair with Xiujuan. TianLan died from her injuries.
  • Tua Kor (大姑, portrayed by Guan Xuemei(管雪梅))- Huang Yuan's elder sister and mother of Xiulian, Xiufeng andXiujuan. Being a very demeaning elder in the Huang family, she oftenabuses Ah Tao.

First generation
  • Huang Jincheng (黄金成, portrayed by Darren Lim(林明伦)) - Son of Huang Yuan and Guihua. He has a crush on Xiu Juan butis arranged to marry her sister, Xiu Feng instead. He died of a massiveheart attack upon learning that Tianbao had been sentenced to death formurdering Chen Sheng, as well as Charlie and Robert Zhang.
  • Huang Meiyu (黄美玉, portrayed by Apple Hong(洪乙心)) - Eldest daughter of the Huang family, and sister of Jincheng.Wife of Chen Sheng. However, Chen Sheng does not regard her as hiswife. As a result, she shows a great sense of hatred towards Juxiangand Yueniang.
  • Xiufeng (秀凤, portrayed by Pan Lingling(潘玲玲)) - daughter in law of Guihua. Married to Jincheng.Xiufeng listensto her mother-in-law’s every word. She will do whatever she can tomarry her two daughters off to wealthy families, even if it’s atYueniang’s expense. She suffers a terrible shock when she finds outthat her husband is having a clandestine affair with her sister Xiujuan.
  • Xiujuan (秀娟, portrayed by Cynthia Koh(许美珍)) - Younger sister of Xiufeng. She had an affair with Jincheng.When Huang Tianbao was arrested for the murder of Chen Sheng, sheplotted a scheme to defraud the Huangs of their money, under thepretext of bribing a high-ranking police officer. The plot succeeded,with the Huangs giving her the proceeds from their sale and mortgage ofvirtually all of the Huang's assets. She ran away to Hong Kong aftershe received the money. However, she kept the money in a bank duringher years on Hong Kong, where it earned a tidy sum of interest. Shereturned the money to the Huangs after many years.
  • Huang Juxiang (黄菊香, portrayed by Jeanette Aw(欧萱))- Although born into a wealthy Peranakan family, she is treatedwith scorn and insult because of her mother's humble origins. She isdeaf and mute from nine years old when she fell sick, as a result, shecannot stand up for herself in many cases. She died of internalinjuries soon after her husband, Yamamoto Yousuke, was killed byJapanese soldiers.

Second generation
  • Huang Tianbao (黄天宝, infrequently called Alexandre Huang, portrayed by Andie Chen(陈邦鋆)) - The only son of Huang Jincheng and Xiufeng. He sent someone tokill Chen Sheng with hopes that Robert would reinstate him as deputyGM, but was laughed at instead. He was sentenced to death forinstigating the murder of Chen Sheng as well for the murder of Charlieand Robert Zhang.
  • Huang Zhenzhu (黄珍珠, portrayed by Eelyn Kok(郭蕙雯)) - first daughter of Xiufeng and Jincheng. A wilful girl whofancies Chen Xi. She witnessed Yuzhu being raped by Robert, but didnothing. She managed to marry Chen Xi but in the end, she ran away withanother man as she didn't want to stay with Chen Xi, who ends up hatingand disliking her.
  • Huang Yuzhu (黄玉珠, portrayed by Joanne Peh(白薇秀)) - Second daughter of Xiufeng and Jincheng. A demure girl whofancies Chen Xi, but eventually suffers an ill fate after being forcedto marry Robert Zhang who raped her. She was committed to a mentalinstitution for the rest of her life, after giving birth to Zuye, thefather of Angela. It is not known what happened to her after that.
  • Yamamoto Tsukamusume (Yamamoto Yueniang) (山本月娘, portrayed by Jeanette Aw (欧萱), elder version portrayed by Xiang Yun(向云))- The daughter of Juxiang. She looks exactly like her mother, itwas due to her parents' deaths that she became a rather strong-willedand feisty woman, and she is still forgiving towards Guihua and herother relatives in spite of how much they had mistreated her and herfamily. She now lives with Angela.

Third generation
  • Zuye (祖业, child portrayed by Lim Yongxun (林泳勳), elder portrayed by Zzen Zhang(章缜翔))- Son of Yuzhu, but due to Yuzhu's mental condition, he wasadopted and raised by Yueniang. He became a lawyer and had two sons anda daughter, who is none other than Angela.

Fourth generation
  • Angela (安淇, portrayed by Felicia Chin(陈靓萱)) - A university student in Canada. Originally considered to bethe biological granddaughter of Yueniang, it was revealed in the endthat she is the biological granddaughter of Robert Zhang and Yuzhu, asher father (Zuye) was adopted by Yueniang due to Yuzhu's mentalillness. During a time before the series, she had an unlucky run inromance, and decided to briefly return to Malacca. It was in Malaccathat she learnt about her adoptive grandmother's bitter past.

Chen family

Elders
  • Madame Chen (陈老太, portrayed by Li Yinzhu(李茵珠)) - Chen Xi's great-grandmother (Chor Chor), Chen Sheng'sgrandmother (Ma Ma). Likes to eat rempah udang very much. She placesgreat emphasis on women's ability to cook Peranakan dishes and sewbeaded shoes.

First generation
  • Chen Gong (陈功, portrayed by Chen Xiang (陈翔)) - The eldest grandson of Madame Chen, frequently comes into conflict with the Zhang family.
  • Chen Sheng (陈盛, portrayed by Pierre Png(方展发)) - Married to Meiyu, but harbours love for Juxiang. After losingJuxiang, he drowns his sorrows by spending his free time drinking aswell as singing and dancing pantun with young women. Sheng was murderedon the orders of Huang Tianbao, who believed that it was what RobertZhang wanted.

Second generation
  • Chen Xi (陈锡, portrayed by Qi Yuwu (戚玉武)%2

Use magic Report

Post time 21-7-2009 11:45 AM | Show all posts
dah tgk sampai habis... best jugak buat nak tercabut jantung pun ada... sbb ada watak yg jahat yg amat..... jahat gila... tersangat2 jahat...

kisah ni kisah 2 generasi.... mak anak bini no. 2... lawa, cantik tapi bisu. Baba kaya dari singapura yg dah celup mat salleh nak jadikan dia salah sorang gundik... pada masa yg sama anak kawan bapak dia kat s'pore nak kahwin dgn dia.. tapi tak dibenarkan sbb dia bisu jadi org tu kawin dgn adik lain mak.... kemudian dia lari dari rumah dan berkahwin dgn photographer Jepun.... terpisah masa perang dunia kedua sbb laki dia kena balik jepun dan jadi askar....

mak dia hidup susah selama 8 tahun ditolong oleh adik ipar yg suka kat dia sebelum ni.. tapi terus jadi permusuhan dgn adik lain mak dia sbb kata nak rampas laki adik dia.. tiba2 laki jepun dia balik... rupanya lari dari perang... jadi pelarian... tentera jepun tahu... masa dia laki dia dgn anak dia tgh lari dua2 mati kena tembak....

bermula pulak kisah anak dia yg lagi dramatik..... anak dia cari jalan balik ke rumah nenek dia kat Melaka dari singapura..... jalan kaki kot.... aku asyik terpikir je mcm mana budak umur 8tahun boleh cari jalan dari s'pura ke melaka masa zaman perang jepun..... hahha

keluarga belah nenek tiri pulak lari ke England masa perang berlaku...

cerita sikit2 je dah la.... ada byk peristiwa yg berlaku yg begitu dramatik sampai ada yg rasa nak bunuh je watak2 antagonis cerita ni.... tapi yg positifnya cerita ni banyak menunjukkan tradisi baba & nyonya... pengambaran cerita ni pun buat kat Melaka & Penang.... korang boleh tgk pakcik dia  berdongdang sayang, berpantun dan lain2.... cuma... cerita ni tak dibuat dlm bahasa melayu baba yg buat rasa janggal je bila tgk.... tapi pantun, dongdang sayang tu ckp bhs melayu la.....

Use magic Report

Post time 30-9-2009 08:38 AM | Show all posts
I'm currently downloading this series. I liked what I've watched so far.

Anyone knows if this series is availabe on DVDs in Malaysia?

Use magic Report

Post time 1-10-2009 08:41 PM | Show all posts
Watching this series makes me want to take out my mortar and pestle and start pounding spices.

This series is really good. It shows the Peranakan culture and the kuihs they make are really mouth-watering.

Give this series a try. You will never regret it. Never a dull moment.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 2-10-2009 01:14 PM | Show all posts
I like the new Yuexiang after she was thrown out of the Huang's. She became strong and independent. Sadly, she got cheated during her first business deal. When her mom died, I couldn't stop crying (sorry I was way too emotional here).

For those who wants a copy of the series, please PM me (*wink wink* FOC). I just want to share this wonderful series with you guys.

Use magic Report

Post time 3-10-2009 12:30 PM | Show all posts
5# lwyl

yup... the dvd available in malaysia

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 3-10-2009 03:41 PM | Show all posts
8# eyka

Thanks, eyka. I checked PMP's website, the DVD is selling for RM99.90. Quite steep IMO.

It was certainly a surprise to see Yueniang ended up with...

Use magic Report

Post time 6-10-2009 08:08 PM | Show all posts
Aww, no one likes this series? It's awesome.

I wondered why Malaysia didn't think of making series like this to promote Malacca and the Baba and Nyonya culture.

I like how Chen Sheng helped Juxiang for 8 years without asking for anything in return. His love for her was so sweet. When Yueniang called him papa, I was so touched.

From the moment he set eyes on the lovely, graceful and kind-hearted Juxiang at the Huang's house, he was hooked. Too bad his grandma disapproved because of Juxiang's condition. He married her step-sister but he had no love for her. Broken-hearted he spent his days berdondang sayang, berpantun with women and well basically wasted his life away.

Mei Yu and her mother were basically heartless women. Can you imagine throwing an 8 year old off the ship? Anyway both of them got their just deserts.

Use magic Report

Post time 8-10-2009 10:35 AM | Show all posts
I cried at every episode of this series. So get a hanky ready.

The house is simply stunning. All those antique furniture and tablewares.

So who do you think is the least hateful character?

Use magic Report

Post time 14-10-2009 01:22 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time 15-10-2009 07:50 AM | Show all posts
12# HangPC2

How much for the DVD? I'm thinking of getting it for my mom.

Use magic Report

Post time 17-10-2009 10:32 PM | Show all posts
This series is going to be aired on NTV7 Mondays to Fridays 6 pm starting 26 Oct. Woohooo!

I saw bootleg DVDs of this series at a pasar malam, selling for RM24.

Use magic Report

Post time 19-10-2009 12:00 AM | Show all posts
cerita ni mmg best giler...layan arr...aku dh tgk sampai habis masa singgah kat rumah aunty aku. sekali tgk terus melekat. tak nak stop. kui3. layan~~~

Use magic Report

Post time 19-10-2009 08:20 AM | Show all posts
15# weenee

I was hooked from the first episode. Once you start watching it, you can't stop.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 26-10-2009 07:31 AM | Show all posts
Don't forget to watch The Little Nyonya today at NTV7 6pm.

Use magic Report

Post time 28-10-2009 08:49 AM | Show all posts
dah tgk sampai habis... best jugak buat nak tercabut jantung pun ada... sbb ada watak yg jahat yg amat..... jahat gila... tersangat2 jahat...

kisah ni kisah 2 generasi.... mak anak bini no. 2... la ...
eyka Post at 21-7-2009 11:45

aku tgk semlm lawa la yg jd bisu tu baik hati plk tp mati ke wtk dia aku bahasa inggeris kureng ckit

Use magic Report

Post time 28-10-2009 07:11 PM | Show all posts
18# yujin

Spoilers Alert!

Yes, Ju Xiang died of gunshot wounds during the Japanese Occupation.

Use magic Report

Post time 28-10-2009 08:14 PM | Show all posts
Baru start tgk betul2 citer nih hari ni...smlm tgk masa dah dekat nak abis....

mmg best, tp tak tau la sanggup tengok tak watak2 antagonis yg lain tu

btw, thanks for the spoiler...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

19-10-2024 02:23 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.177708 second(s), 33 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.