CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 3016|Reply: 4

Man gets sicks benefits for heavy metal addiction

[Copy link]
Post time 23-6-2007 04:04 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Man gets sick benefits for heavy metal addictionPublished: 19th June 2007 15:12 CET
Source kat sini ==> http://www.thelocal.se/7650/

A Swedish heavy metalfan has had his musical preferences officially classified as adisability. The results of a psychological analysis enable the metallover to supplement his income with state benefits.
Roger Tullgren, 42, from H鋝sleholm in southern Sweden has just started working part time as a dishwasher at a local restaurant.

Because heavy metal dominates so many aspects of his life, theEmployment Service has agreed to pay part of Tullgren's salary. His newboss meanwhile has given him a special dispensation to play loud musicat work.

"I have been trying for ten years to get this classified as a handicap," Tullgren told The Local.
"I spoke to three psychologists and they finally agreed that I needed this to avoid being discriminated against."
Roger Tullgren first developed an interest in heavy metal when his older brother came home with a Black Sabbath album in 1971.
Since then little else has mattered for the 42-year-old, who has longblack hair, a collection of tattoos and wears skull and crossbonesjewelry.
The ageing rocker claims to have attended almost three hundred shows last year, often skipping work in the process.
Eventually his last employer tired of his absences and Tullgren was left jobless and reliant on welfare handouts.
But his sessions with the occupational psychologists led to a solutionof sorts: Tullgren signed a piece of paper on which his heavy metallifestyle was classified as a disability, an assessment that entitleshim to a wage supplement from the job centre.

"I signed a form saying: 'Roger feels compelled to show his heavy metalstyle. This puts him in a difficult situation on the labour market.Therefore he needs extra financial help'. So now I can turn up at a jobinterview dressed in my normal clothes and just hand the interviewersthis piece of paper," he said.
The manager at his new workplace allows him to go to concerts as longas he makes up for lost time at a later point. He is also allowed todress as he likes and listen to heavy metal while washing up.
"But not too loud when there are guests," he said.
The Local spoke to an occupational psychologist in Stockolm, who admitted to being baffled by the decision.
"I think it's extremely strange. Unless there is an underlyingdiagnosis it is absolutely unbelievable that the job centre would paypay out.
"If somebody has a gambling addiction, we don't send them down to theracetrack. We try to cure the addiction, not encourage it," he said.
Henrietta Stein, deputy employment director for the Sk錸e region, is also puzzled by the move; "an interest in music" is not usually sufficient to qualify for wage benefits.

"Certain cases are confidential but in general there is always a medical reason that is well-documented," she said.
Tullgren currently plays bass and guitar in two rock bands and saysthat he tends to get a lot of positive reactions for daring to behimself.
"Some might say that I should grow up and learn to listen to othertypes of music but I can't. Heavy metal is my lifestyle," he said.

TT/The Local (news@thelocal.se/08 656 6518)

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 23-6-2007 04:32 PM | Show all posts
hahaha
extreme sgt ni
disability? ngahaha
kalau soh dia dgr pop agaknya
bleh kuar buih buih kat mulut

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-6-2007 11:50 AM | Show all posts
apa akan jadik kalau mat hipHop bile tue nanti,
kalau mase mude dok terhinjut-hinjut buat breakdance ker ape jadah nyer..

Use magic Report

Post time 17-7-2007 12:51 AM | Show all posts
camane ek rope dak ni?
nak gak den nengok

Use magic Report

Post time 30-6-2010 12:42 AM | Show all posts

Errr...

Man gets sick benefits for heavy metal addictionPublished: 19th June 2007 15:12 CET
Source kat sini ...
tutankhamun! Post at 23/6/2007 16:04

Kalau telan Panadol jer tak bleh ke...?

Jizzz... Klong! Klong!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

14-5-2024 05:03 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.074258 second(s), 32 queries .