bianglala Publish time 20-6-2019 11:37 PM

“After all, words are what remain when all the deeds have been done. Words can shatter faith; start a war; change the course of history. A story can make your heart beat faster; topple walls; scale mountains - hey, a story can even raise the dead. And that’s why the King of Stories ended up being the King of the gods; because writing history and making history are only the breadth of a page apart.”

JOANNE HARRIS, THE GOSPEL OF LOKI

bianglala Publish time 20-6-2019 11:38 PM

“Love makes us beautiful. Do you know a single person who loves and is loved, who is loved unconditionally and who, at the same time, is ugly? There’s no need to ponder the question. There is no such person.”

JAN-PHILIPP SENDKER THE ART OF HEARING HEARTBEATS

bianglala Publish time 20-6-2019 11:39 PM

“My captain once said that you meet people in your life who you believe will be your companions on the road, only to discover that they fall by the wayside. Others who you meet without design climb mountains with you.”

SALLY GARDNER, TINDER

bianglala Publish time 20-6-2019 11:39 PM

“I’ve learned that home isn’t a place, it’s a feeling.”

CECELIA AHERN, LOVE, ROSIE

bianglala Publish time 20-6-2019 11:40 PM

“It’s probably my job to tell you life isn’t fair, but I figure you already know that. So instead, I’ll tell you that hope is precious, and you’re right not to give up.”

C.J. REDWINE, DEFIANCE

bianglala Publish time 20-6-2019 11:41 PM

“She was fire, she was darkness, she was dust and blood and shadow.”

SARAH J. MAAS, THE ASSASSIN’S BLADE

bianglala Publish time 20-6-2019 11:41 PM

“After a certain point, a heart with so many stress fractures can never be anything but broken.”

JODI PICOULT, SALEM FALLS

bianglala Publish time 20-6-2019 11:42 PM

“She would smile and show no surprise, convinced as she was, the same as I, that casual meetings are apt to be just the opposite, and that people who make dates are the same kind who need lines on their writing paper, or who always squeeze up from the bottom on a tube of toothpaste.”

JULIO CORTáZAR, HOPSCOTCH

bianglala Publish time 20-6-2019 11:43 PM

“I think when you are truly stuck, when you have stood still in the same spot for too long, you throw a grenade in exactly the spot you were standing in, and jump, and pray. It is the momentum of last resort.”

RENATA ADLER, SPEEDBOAT

bianglala Publish time 20-6-2019 11:43 PM

“Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches.”

WILLIAM GOLDMAN, THE PRINCESS BRIDE

bianglala Publish time 20-6-2019 11:44 PM

“She reminded me of the sea; the way she came dancing towards you, wild and beautiful, and just when she was almost close enough to touch she’d rush away again.”

GLENDA MILLARD, A SMALL KISS IN THE DARK

bianglala Publish time 20-6-2019 11:45 PM

“Hope was a sunrise, a friend in the alley, a whisper in an empty corridor.”

ANTHONY DOERR, ABOUT GRACE

seribulan Publish time 23-6-2019 02:15 PM

Edited by seribulan at 23-6-2019 01:16 PM

https://media2.giphy.com/media/p1hHazLKD0OpW/200.webp?cid=790b76115d0f193b32422e5677e1f130&rid=200.webp

Daintymerry19 Publish time 28-6-2019 10:49 PM

Success means doing the best we can with what we have. Success is the doing, not the getting; in the trying, not the triumph. Success is a personal standard, reaching for the highest that is in us, becoming all that we can be.”
– Zig Ziglar

“Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.”
– Herman Cain

“Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again.”
– Richard Branson

“Success is simple. Do what's right, the right way, at the right time.”
– Arnold H. Glasgow

Victory is sweetest when you've known defeat.”
– Malcolm S. Forbes

“Action is the foundational key to all success.”
– Pablo Picasso

“The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny.”
– Albert Ellis

“I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure which is: Try to please everybody.”
– Herbert B. Swope

“You've got to get up every morning with determination if you're going to go to bed with satisfaction.”
– George Lorimer

merissa Publish time 7-7-2019 10:29 PM

Edited by seribulan at 8-7-2019 12:28 PM

Sometimes it's not the people who change, it's the mask that falls off.Haruki Murakami

Closing your eyes isn't going to change anything. Nothing's going to disappear just because you can't see what's going on. In fact, things will even be worse the next time you open your eyes. That's the kind of world we live in. Keep your eyes wide open. Only a coward closes his eyes. Closing your eyes and plugging up your ears won't make time stand still- Haruki Murakami
Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional- Haruki Murakami

As time goes on, you'll understand. What lasts, lasts; what doesn't, doesn't. Time solves most things. And what time can't solve, you have to solve yourself.Haruki Murakami

And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.Haruki Murakami

seribulan Publish time 8-7-2019 01:27 PM

https://i.huffpost.com/gen/1654858/thumbs/n-READING-BOOK-large570.jpg

“Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home.”― Anna Quindlen, How Reading Changed My Life

merissa Publish time 8-7-2019 05:06 PM

{:1_200:}{:1_200:}{:1_200:}{:1_200:}{:1_200:}{:1_200:}{:1_200:}{:1_200:}

seribulan Publish time 8-7-2019 06:15 PM

—The Minpins by Roald Dahl
“Be yourself and people will like you.”

blurp Publish time 3-8-2019 03:13 PM

“My father always says, to know a man, you must visit his library, for the contours of his mind have been shaped by the words on his bookshelf”
― Rehan Khan, A Tudor Turk

seribulan Publish time 4-8-2019 03:30 PM

“I cannot fix on the hour, or the spot, or the look or the words, which laid the foundation. It is too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15
View full version: Quotables @ Bookshelf

ADVERTISEMENT