bianglala Publish time 23-5-2019 07:49 PM

“Some people could look at a mud puddle and see an ocean with ships.”

ZORA NEALE HURSTON, THEIR EYES WERE WATCHING GOD

bianglala Publish time 23-5-2019 07:50 PM

“Some days are just hard and you want to go asleep and wake up a week from now knowing the problem is gone. Everyone feels like that once in a while. Life can be overwhelming”

BELLE AURORA, FRIEND-ZONED

bianglala Publish time 23-5-2019 07:51 PM

“Don’t take my advice. Or anyone’s advice. Trust yourself. For good or for bad, happy or unhappy, it’s your life, and what you do with it has always been entirely up to you.”

NICHOLAS SPARKS, THE BEST OF ME

bianglala Publish time 23-5-2019 07:52 PM

“It’s like the people who believe they’ll be happy if they go and live somewhere else, but who learn it doesn’t work that way. Wherever you go, you take yourself with you.”

NEIL GAIMAN, THE GRAVEYARD BOOK

bianglala Publish time 23-5-2019 07:52 PM

“Life has no guarantees, though. What good is living if all you think about is dying?”

TRACEY GARVIS-GRAVES, EVERY TIME I THINK OF YOU

bianglala Publish time 23-5-2019 07:53 PM

“It was weird the way you could be friends with someone but not really know the ugly parts of their lives. We all had our secrets, I supposed.”

LIZ CZUKAS, ASK AGAIN LATER

bianglala Publish time 23-5-2019 07:53 PM

“If you keep looking, you will find it. It has nothing to do with luck, and everything to do with courage. Be brave.”

JAMIE CHRISTIAN DESPLACES, DUTCH

seribulan Publish time 24-5-2019 07:17 AM

https://images.gr-assets.com/authors/1432495575p2/13677.jpg      “There's nothing wrong with reading a book you love over and over. When you do, the words get inside you, become a part of you, in a way that words in a book you've read only once can't.”
―      Gail Carson Levine,            Writing Magic: Creating Stories that Fly

https://images.gr-assets.com/authors/1387414577p2/3500.jpg      “In books I have traveled, not only to other worlds, but into my own.”
―      Anna Quindlen,            How Reading Changed My Life

https://images.gr-assets.com/authors/1360044214p2/5918.jpg      “It was good to walk into a library again; it smelled like home.”
―      Elizabeth Kostova,            The Historian

https://images.gr-assets.com/authors/1493785350p2/7906.jpg      “Ah, how good it is to be among people who are reading.”
―      Rainer Maria Rilke,            The Notebooks of Malte Laurids Brigge

https://images.gr-assets.com/authors/1380085320p2/1265.jpg      “I do not think I ever opened a book in my life which had not something to say upon woman's inconstancy. Songs and proverbs, all talk of woman's fickleness. But perhaps you will say, these were all written by men."

"Perhaps I shall. Yes, yes, if you please, no reference to examples in books. Men have had every advantage of us in telling their own story. Education has been theirs in so much higher a degree; the pen has been in their hands. I will not allow books to prove anything.”
―      Jane Austen,            Persuasion   

bianglala Publish time 28-5-2019 12:22 AM

“Find a woman who makes you feel more alive. She won’t make life perfect but she’ll make it infinitely more interesting. And then love her with all that’s in you.”

GAYLE ROPER, SHADOWS ON THE SAND

bianglala Publish time 28-5-2019 12:22 AM

“Ghosts are those memories that are too strong to be forgotten for good, echoing across the years and refusing to be obliterated by time.”

CAITLíN R. KIERNAN, THE DROWNING GIRL

bianglala Publish time 28-5-2019 12:23 AM

“And what still shocks me, is how often the thing that hurts you, looks like the thing that helps you.”

IAIN THOMAS, I WROTE THIS FOR YOU

bianglala Publish time 28-5-2019 12:24 AM

“The times you lived through, the people you shared those times with — nothing brings it all to life like an old mix tape. It does a better job of storing up memories than actual brain tissue can do. Every mix tape tells a story. Put them together, and they can add up to the story of a life.”

ROB SHEFFIELD, LOVE IS A MIX TAPE

bianglala Publish time 28-5-2019 12:25 AM

“People would come and people would go, I realized then, but music would be there until the end of time.”

LEN VLAHOS, THE SCAR BOYS

bianglala Publish time 28-5-2019 12:25 AM

“Maybe it explains the reason why one person likes another. It’s because their souls both thrum at the same frequency.”

MARY AMATO, GUITAR NOTES

bianglala Publish time 28-5-2019 12:27 AM

“Sometimes people hurt more than they can handle…And sometimes they don’t know how to ask for help. They’re so caught up in their own pain, they end up hurting everyone around them.”

REBECCA DONOVAN, BARELY BREATHING

bianglala Publish time 28-5-2019 12:27 AM

“When he asked my grandmother if she would mind being poor, she said she would be happy just to have her daughter and himself: ‘If you have love, even plain water is sweet.’”

JUNG CHANG, WILD SWANS: THREE DAUGHTERS OF CHINA

bianglala Publish time 28-5-2019 12:28 AM

“Maybe your country is only a place you make up in your own mind. Something you dream about and sing about. Maybe it’s not a place on the map at all, but just a story full of people you meet and places you visit, full of books and films you’ve been to. I’m not afraid of being homesick and having no language to live in. I don’t have to be like anyone else. I’m walking on the wall and nobody can stop me.”

HUGO HAMILTON, THE SPECKLED PEOPLE: A MEMOIR OF A HALF-IRISH CHILDHOOD

bianglala Publish time 28-5-2019 12:29 AM

“Of course it hurt that we could never love each other in a physical way. We would have been far more happy if we had. But that was like the tides, the change of seasons–something immutable, an immovable destiny we could never alter. No matter how cleverly we might shelter it, our delicate friendship wasn’t going to last forever. We were bound to reach a dead end. That was painfully clear.”

HARUKI MURAKAMI, SPUTNIK SWEETHEART

bianglala Publish time 28-5-2019 12:30 AM

“You love people. They disappoint you. But sometimes, they don’t. They just keep loving you, right through it all, waiting for you to wake up and appreciate them. To say, “I love you. I’ve always loved you back.”

COURTNEY MAUM, I AM HAVING SO MUCH FUN HERE WITHOUT YOU

bianglala Publish time 28-5-2019 12:30 AM

“Maturity…is knowing what your limitations are…Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless laughter can be said to remedy anything.”

KURT VONNEGUT, CAT’S CRADLE
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
View full version: Quotables @ Bookshelf

ADVERTISEMENT