12Next
Return to list New
View: 6300|Reply: 30

[2017] SPLIT [JAMES MCAVOY]

[Copy link]
Post time 21-1-2017 09:08 PM | Show all posts |Read mode

Starring: James McAvoy, Haley Lu Richardson, Brad William Henke
Split Official Trailer 1 (2017) - M. Night Shyamalan Movie

While the mental divisions of those with dissociative identity disorder have long fascinated and eluded science, it is believed that some can also manifest unique physical attributes for each personality, a cognitive and physiological prism within a single being.

Though Kevin (James McAvoy) has evidenced 23 personalities to his trusted psychiatrist, Dr. Fletcher (Betty Buckley), there remains one still submerged who is set to materialize and dominate all the others. Compelled to abduct three teenage girls led by the willful, observant Casey (Anya Taylor-Joy, The Witch), Kevin reaches a war for survival among all of those contained within him—as well as everyone around him—as the walls between his compartments shatter apart.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 21-1-2017 09:18 PM | Show all posts
dah carik thread takde plak

best citer ni uols   m night shyamalan is back, cuma bezanye movie ni takdela twist mana pun.  dan tak brape seram, ala ala jump scare movie yg selalu kite tgk tu.

james mcavoy mmg patut diberi pujian sbb mampu melakonkan pelbagai watak yg distinctive. dalam satu frame tu, die leh bawak watak smpi 6-7 personaliti sekaligus. yg best dlm movie ni, kite tertunggu tunggu pasni personaliti mana plak yg keluar.

dan kisah hidup casey cooke yang jadi mangsa culik tu, sgt menyedihkan.    persamaan kisah hidup dia dan the beast tu yg menyebabkan dia terselamat, sebab dua-dua tu mangsa penderaan.

akak kasi 5/5. walaupun movie awal tahun ni selalunye target utk movie flops. tp akak recommend sesgt korg tgk movie ni. and the ending..... hehehe tgk sendiri

Use magic Report

Post time 21-1-2017 10:19 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
annehuda replied at 21-1-2017 09:18 PM

best citer ni uols   m night shyamalan is back, cuma bezanye ...

Betul tu. Dah tgk td dah. Lakonan James McAvoy mmg superb. Hebat tul dia bwk split personality mcm tu. Yes mcm uols ckp, M Shayamalan is back. Cuma komen negative iols sikit je heroin makeup dia maintain je sampai abis citer

Use magic Report

Post time 21-1-2017 10:34 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Kalau hero akak ini berlakon, akak memang wajib nonton sis!

Serius ah James MacAvoy ini pada akak hot nak mampus sebab heol walaupun rupa biasa jah tapi talent heol itu buat heol hensem gila dalam movies heol.

Use magic Report

Post time 21-1-2017 11:08 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by sherry at 21-1-2017 11:25 PM

SPOILER. There's a twist. Don't read further if you don't want to know

‘Split’ Ending: A Spoiler-Filled Discussion of M. Night Shyamalan’s Biggest Twist

Posted on Friday, January 20th, 2017 by Jacob Hall

It should come as no surprise that M. Night Shyamalan‘s Split features a big twist. It’s kind of his thing. Everyone, even his fans, has poked fun at his penchant for Big Shocking Reveals, some of which work as stunning reversals and some of which fall flat on their face. The twist in Split is a weird one – for every person who sees it and loses their goddamn mind, there will be someone who has no idea what the hell just happened.
In other words, it’s the kind of thing that demands to be discussed. Huge spoilers ahead. Seriously. If you haven’t seen Split yet, I’d suggest not reading on.

Still here?
Okay, so Split ends with James McAvoy‘s Kevin still very much alive and on the run, with three of his 23 separate personalities still running the show, forcing the other personalities into subservience (the film’s treatment of dissociative identity disorder is admittedly inelegant and will rightfully inspire some think pieces). While they failed to kill young Casey Cook, the dominant personalities accomplished their ultimate goal – they have unleashed the 24th personality, known as The Beast, a bloodthirsty monster capable of superhuman strength and endurance. It’s wild, silly, B-movie nuttiness and I got a kick out of it.
And if Split had ended there, it would have been a perfectly fine and perfectly entertaining thriller that I enjoyed very much. However, the film has one more trick up its sleeve, a quick epilogue that demands you view everything that came before in a new context.
The film cuts to a restaurant, where the Philadelphia citizenry are discussing the strange events of the past few days and the monstrous killer the press has dubbed “The Horde” (because there are many different personalities, you see). As the camera moves past a series of conversations, one diner notes that this whole thing sounds like another guy who stirred up some trouble back in the day. And then Bruce Willis‘ David Dunn appears on screen and notes that they called him Mr. Glass.
There it is. Split is the secret Unbreakable sequel that M. Night Shyamalan has been promising for years. Cut to credits.
What I love about this reveal is that it doesn’t rewrite everything we’ve just seen as much as it recontextualizes them. Split would still be a fun movie without this final scene, but knowing that it takes place in the same Philadelphia as Unbreakable, a Philadelphia that looks an awful lot like the real place while also being home to a security guard who cannot be hurt and his train-derailing nemesis, opens up the imagination. The ending ofSplit isn’t a period as much as it is an ellipsis – we’re looking at bigger world than we previously thought. Hell, we’re looking at the Unbreakable Cinematic Universe, for better or worse.
When I first watched Split at Fantastic Fest last year, Shyamalan participated in a lengthy post-film Q&A where he discussed the ending in detail (and made us promise to not spoil it, a promise that I believe was mostly kept). He revealed that the character of Kevin was originally one of the villains in an early draft of Unbreakable, but he was soon excised from the script entirely because there wasn’t enough room for him alongside David Dunn and Samuel L. Jackson’s Mr. Glass. Shyamalan recently elaborated on this in an interview with Collider:
Oh, it was always there. Always. This character, Kevin from Split, was in the original script of Unbreakable. The original draft of Unbreakable focused on David Dunn and Elijah as his mentor. Elijah tells him, “You’re a comic book character, go try it.” And instead of bumping into the Orange Suit Man, David bumps into one of Kevin’s personalities and goes to save the girls. So you’d have been watching the girls’ side of it the whole time. That was the outline.

And yes, Shyamalan is already thinking about a third movie that would further solidify theUnbreakable universe. We can talk about that later, maybe after we see Split‘s box office returns.
When I saw Split, I was in a theater filled with diehard movie fans, all of whom knewexactly what this reveal meant. I even spoke to a few people who caught on to the big twist about 30 seconds earlier than everyone else because they recognized Shyamalan recycling James Newton Howard’s Unbreakable score in the penultimate scene. I’m not exaggerating when I say that Bruce Willis popping up on that screen will go down as one of the most memorable moviegoing moments of my life. The audience went nuts. We ate it up. We got it. We were the target audience for Shyamalan’s shenanigans.
So here’s the big question: will ordinary folks, the vast majority of people who buy tickets to see Split this weekend, understand what’s going on? Will they care? Unbreakable came out 17 years and while it was a hit, it hasn’t remained on the forefront of the average moviegoer’s mind like it has with the nerds who fell in love with its low-key comic book world. I can’t help but imagine a lot of very confused people staring at the closing credits, wondering “Why did Bruce Willis randomly show up?”
So here’s what I want from you: go into the comments below and share your thoughts on this big reveal. Did it excite you to your core or fly right over your head? Did your audience get it or were they completely baffled? Let us know.

Related Posts

Tags
[url=http://www.slashfilm.com/category/featured-stories-sidebar/]/Featured Stories Sidebar, Horror,Thriller, Universal, M.-Night-Shyamalan,Spli‘Split’ Ending: A Spoiler-Filled Discussion of M. Night Shyamalan’s Biggest Twist
[/

Use magic Report

Post time 22-1-2017 02:40 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts

Nak tgk kat mana?

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 22-1-2017 03:22 PM | Show all posts
takkkkkkkkk sabar nak tengok petang nih!!

Use magic Report

Post time 23-1-2017 09:53 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Nsib baik @sherry kat atas tu ada bg warning spoiler
I nak tgk msa cuti cny nnti memandangkn cuti hmpir 2mnggu

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 24-1-2017 03:30 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Unbreakable cinematic universe...ini mmg gempak klau dikembangkan

Use magic Report

Post time 24-1-2017 07:17 PM | Show all posts
punyalah pakai skirt.. mcavoy nihhh..

nak tengoklah nanti..

Use magic Report

Post time 24-1-2017 09:00 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Hopefully ada Split 2 lps ni

Use magic Report

Post time 24-1-2017 09:41 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Xsabar nak tengok esok

Use magic Report

Post time 26-1-2017 11:33 AM | Show all posts
Mcm ada pengaruh ceta tamil gak nih...pasal split personality... ehehhe... must watch gak nih.

Use magic Report

Post time 26-1-2017 04:55 PM | Show all posts

serious best ke? this one rentetan dr cerita bruce willis kan

Use magic Report

Post time 27-1-2017 02:50 PM | Show all posts
sherry replied at 21-1-2017 11:08 PM
SPOILER. There's a twist. Don't read further if you don't want to know

‘Split’ Ending: A Spo ...

best nak mampos!! hahahhahah...
now i have a renewed love for James McAvoy ..... kagum sungguh dgn lakonan dia bawak 23 personaliti ..... Anya yang bawak watak Casey tu pun not bad either, tp iols nak lipstick dia boleh? sbb thruout the movie lippy dia tetap intact walau dah mcm2 dia lalui!
sesapa yang folo filem M Night Shyamalan pastinya menjerit bila tgk ending ....
and like in the article, i found the eerie OST at the end really familiar ...... so yes, i did scream when the reveal popped up!

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 27-1-2017 05:58 PM | Show all posts
ladydolph replied at 27-1-2017 02:50 PM
best nak mampos!! hahahhahah...
now i have a renewed love for James McAvoy ..... kagum sungguh dg ...

rasa nak repeat je ni

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 29-1-2017 01:07 AM | Show all posts
dah tgk citer neh mmg best
iols bg 5/5 bintang

Use magic Report

Post time 30-1-2017 07:31 AM | Show all posts
citer nih dah ader dlm list iols nak tgk yehaaa

Use magic Report

Post time 31-1-2017 02:15 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
walaupun dari tengok trailer, main antagonist dia psycho. tapi still boleh kesan kehensemnya, James McAvoy.

Use magic Report

Post time 31-1-2017 11:59 PM | Show all posts
Minds create reality! You will become what you believe!..itu la yg aku paham dari cerita Split aka kecelaruan personaliti aka (SCHIZOPHENIA)ini.
kalau kita percaya apa yang kita percaya itulah yang akan terjadi.itu yg aku pelajari dari muvee nih.
Walau kisah ini hanya muvee aku rasa/pikir... tapi ada kebenarannya. Malah penyakit krisis identiti sememangnya wujud dalam dunia psikologi. So kalau korang menonton muvee ini renungkan lah maskud tersirat masa endingnya. Mesejnyani agak berat kalau korang tak faham...
Cerita ni slow sikit. Ye ah cerita-cerita penculikan yang serious selalunya memang slow. Cuma sebab nak tahu ,..sapa Kevin and apa jadi dekat dia tu yang buatkan kita tertunggu-tunggu next scene. Yang suka cerita suspen boleh lah layan cerita ni. Ending cerita ada plot twist sikit. Dia macam tak ada ah twist sangat cuma lebih kepada surprise ending. Yang kita sangka benda lain, jadi nya benda lain.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

7-5-2024 07:59 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.539113 second(s), 48 queries .