CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 6101|Reply: 4

develop website e commerce

[Copy link]
Post time 21-4-2015 11:59 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
assalamualaikum...tumpang tanye..ade siape siape di sini programmer yang pernah develop website e commerce..kalau ade nak tanye uols develop pakai opensource ke(ect wordpress,joomla) atau from scratch..?tenkiiu

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 2-5-2016 04:30 PM | Show all posts
yes, u can build it from wordpress, there is plugin n pre-build function.
else u can find some other open source ecommerce as well

Use magic Report

Post time 23-5-2016 02:21 AM | Show all posts
Guna wordpress woocommerce dan from scratch bergantung kepada jenis website ecommerce yang dikehendaki.

Use magic Report

Post time 30-5-2016 02:59 PM | Show all posts
Guna wordpress woocommerce dan from scratch bergantung kepada jenis website ecommerce yang dikehendaki. I agree with his idea.

Use magic Report

Post time 14-7-2021 11:15 PM | Show all posts
Edited by Akshay_M at 26-7-2021 07:10 PM

Is it a business requirement to reinvent the wheel--or would the client be okay with implementing an e-commerce engine that already exists? There are quite few open source and SaaS options.

I just finished rewriting most of our e-commerce platform. In a basic e-commerce implementation, there are a lot of pieces involved but it's not terribly complicated code. Will be more challenging if you're needing to create complex recommendation engines, e.g. "you might also like".

You'll use HTML/CSS and JavaScript on the front end. Any server side language will work for the back end. I'd ask the client what is already being used and if they want you to continue using the same back-end language or platform. You will also need to know some SQL for building and manipulating your database.

The client will also need to determine whether the store needs to be responsive or to have a separate mobile component for phones/tablets.

I'd recommend starting with Codecademy. You could use jQuery/HTML/CSS/PHP/SQL and they would have courses and tutorials to cover each language.

At a minimum, you're going to need to build these things...

Admin/Setup Tools (add products, categories, view orders, etc.)
Store Home Page
View Category
View Product
Add to Cart
Shopping Cart
Checkout
Confirmation / Invoice
You might end up needing to do some of these, too...

Q&A
Reviews
Customer Login / My Account
This answer mainly addresses technical requirements. There are other concepts like conversion optimization and shopping cart abandonment that are important but may not be relevant to your question.
Regards,
Akshay
Technical Consultant
Apps4Rent | CloudDesktopOnline | O365CloudExperts

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

24-4-2024 03:33 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.066100 second(s), 35 queries .