CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT
Search
Carian Terbanyak:
View: 2025|Reply: 4

[Current Issue] Raja Zarith Sofia speaks openly about the “Merry Christmas” greeting

[Copy link]
Post time 23-12-2014 06:53 AM | Show all posts |Read mode

Sultanah of Johor, Raja Zarith Sofia binti Sultan Idris Shah is certainly no stranger to the education and community service industry.

A Fellow of the School of Language Studies and Linguistics in Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia and Chancellor of Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, she is incredibly gifted in language studies championing the use of English in Malaysia as well as being fluent in Chinese with a BA (Honours) degree in Chinese Studies from University of Oxford, Italian and French.

Writing for the Mind Matters column in The Star, her recent article speaks openly about the “Merry Christmas” greeting controversy amongst Malaysian Muslims.

Read below what we think is a beautiful piece written by her.
Season of Goodwill.

If Christmas is the celebration of the birth of Isa (Jesus), a prophet respected and revered in Islam, is it so wrong to wish a blessed day for those who celebrate it?

During the days before Christmas last year, I wished my friends who were celebrating it “Merry Christmas” in much the same way they would wish me “Selamat Hari Raya” or “Happy Eid”.

I find it rather sad that such a simple greeting – one which I grew up with and which I have never regarded as something that would compromise or de-value my own faith – is now regarded as something so religiously incorrect for us Malaysian Muslims.
Read more at:  http://www.venusbuzz.com/ Last edited by Al-Patih on 23-12-2014 06:56 AM

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT
 Author| Post time 23-12-2014 06:57 AM | Show all posts
Well said Sultanah....it's high time some one gave those fanatic a wake up call

Use magic Report

Post time 5-1-2015 05:27 PM | Show all posts
Al-Patih posted on 23-12-2014 06:57 AM
Well said Sultanah....it's high time some one gave those fanatic a wake up call

more like extremist than fanatics. LOL.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 6-1-2015 06:02 AM | Show all posts
BarneyLim007 replied at 5-1-2015 05:27 PM
more like extremist than fanatics. LOL.

I would not be surprise...if it is a combination of both....

Use magic Report

Post time 6-1-2015 09:15 AM | Show all posts
extremist + fanatics = fatal

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|CARI Infonet

15-8-2022 03:35 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 2.049683 second(s), 25 queries .