CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 1618|Reply: 0

Smoothly transcoding JVC EX255 AVCHD MTS to MOV for FCP X

Close [Copy link]
Post time 31-3-2014 02:05 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
"I am a self-employed audio/video producer. I have a JVC EX255 which records video in AVCHD format. So far I mainly shot video about corporates and weddings. To make a live and effective story telling, I need to import and play and edit JVC EX255 MTS in FCPX. Any suggestion? "

Shortly before, a friend recommended me Aunsoft iMedia Converter for Mac. It is an intuitive app which can help me transcode JVC EX255 AVCHD to Apple ProRes 422, ProRes 422 HQ or 4444 to ensure maximum editing quality and efficiency when working with Final Cut Pro X. I like the possibility of the multi thread encoding. For instance, I find I can convert MTS, MXF to MOV simultaneity. Awesome!

I am still studding the iMedia Converter for Mac beyond converting MTS to .movs. This program is a stable, fast and safe multiple formats supported conversion tool. I can output more than 50 types of video and audio formats from source video. The finish video can preserve quality as original.

Below are my experiences on transcoding JVC EX255 AVCHD to Prores422 MOV for FCP X.

Step 1. Add JVC EX255 AVCHD MTS footage to FCP X Converter for Mac

Once you run the program, click “Add Video” button or “Add from folder” button to load your source MTS files. When the MTS files are loaded to the JVC EX255 AVCHD to FCP X Converter, you can view the videos from the Preview window. Simply select an item and click the “Play” button. When the video is playing, you are allowed to take snapshoot.

Step 2. Choose output formats

iMedia Converter for Mac offers optimized format presets for Final Cut Pro, “Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)”, “Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 HQ (*.mov)”, etc. Choose a one you need.

Tips:

If the default settings do not fit your needs, you can click “Settings” button to adjust audio and video parameters as you like.

Step 3. Conversion

Click “Convert” button and iMedia Converter for Mac will convert JVC EX255 AVCHD MTS files to Apple ProRes encode mov files. You may check the converting progress and set auto shutdown in the conversion window. After conversion, click “Open” folder to find converted footage for importing to Final Cut Pro X.

more 4k raw guides

Canon EOS raw C300 MXF to Prores FCP

convert Canon C500 MXF files to Multi-track Apple ProRes 422

transfer Sony 4K MXF to FCP MOV

Sony 4K MXF to MOV for FCP without XAVC Plug-in

transcode FDR-AX1 4K XAVC S to ProRes422

transcode MXF to Apple ProRes

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

20-4-2024 10:03 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.397555 second(s), 26 queries .