CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: Truth.8

Which Animals Does the Bible Designate as 'Clean' and 'Unclean'

[Copy link]
Post time 10-12-2014 09:59 AM | Show all posts
Seems like this Fallacy.8 has been intoxicated with deviated teaching of Bible for too long that he is obviously blind to all the truth and scientific facts.

With this kind of biblical knowledge, any wonder he is always get screwed by muslims in the religion dan faith forum...

When Jesus Christ died, He nailed the Old Law to the cross (Colossians 2:14). The book of Hebrews explains that Christ made the Law of Moses obsolete and replaced it with the New Covenant (Hebrews 8:13). Paul explained to Christians in Galatia that the Old Law was cast out and replaced by Christ’s New Law (Galatians 4:21-31). As a result, the regulations about clean and unclean foods were jettisoned, along with rules for animal sacrifice, ritual washings, annual feast days, Sabbath observance, and a host of other ceremonial trappings.

Under the New Law of Christ, it is no longer wrong to eat animals such as pigs or catfish, since such regulations have been removed. Those who want to be accepted by God no longer have to offer up physical animal sacrifices, since Christ offered Himself on the cross as the ultimate, permanent sacrifice for sins (Hebrews 9:28).
When Christ died on the cross, His New Law went into effect (Hebrews 9:16-22). While it is true that some of the things in the Old Law, such as the prohibition to murder or lie, are repeated in the New Law, many regulations were not carried over. The only way to know what God expects of individuals under the New Law is to study the 27 books in the New Testament that contain this law. Ultimately, all people who have lived after Christ’s death on the cross until His Second Coming will be judged by this New Law (see John 12:48).

Now, Falacy.8, do you even understand the above teaching of true Christianity ??? Are you just a pseudo bogus Christian who like muslims deny the crucification of Jesus Christ and New Convenant of our Lord Jesus Christ ??? Which one are you ?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 10-12-2014 08:41 PM | Show all posts
When Jesus Christ died, He nailed the Old Law to the cross (Colossians 2:14).

Lord Jesus did not nail the Law upon the cross?

Blotted Out and Nailed to the Cross                                                                                                                                                              

article by Kevin Epps

An age-old question has been: What was nailed to the cross? What was the "handwriting of requirements that was against us"? Sometimes it's easier to know what this doesn't mean than it is to explain what it does mean.
        Most of us live near roads that are notorious "ticket zones," where police officers are known to hide out and catch speeders. For those who are caught speeding, their only hope is that the officer would give them a break and not write a ticket.
        It helps if the person speeding says, "Officer, you're right, I was speeding. I'll pay closer attention to the speed limit and try not to speed anymore." If the officer feels that the person is sincere, then he might only issue a warning.
        But what if the driver were to follow up with: "Officer, not having to pay the penalty for my traffic violation isn't enough. I expect you to take down the speed limit sign so that I won't ever be guilty of speeding again!" The officer would most likely respond to such brashness by issuing the maximum penalty for speeding.
        The Antinomian View of Colossians:2:14
        As far-fetched as the driver's reasoning may sound, many of us applied this type of logic to the Scriptures before our conversion. We defined God's mercy as both the forgiveness of our transgressions and the removal of the law that we transgressed. We probably used Colossians:2:14 to support this conclusion.
        "...having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross" (emphasis added throughout).
        Antinomian religious teachers typically interpret this verse to say that God's law is the "handwriting" that has been "wiped out" and "nailed to the cross." The elimination of the written law is sufficient for most antinomians. However, there are extreme cases where people also attempt to abolish the alleged instinctive law within the conscience.
        Notice The Wycliffe Bible Commentary: "A handwriting is a certificate of debt...and presumably refers to the written Mosaic law. For Gentiles it may include also the law to which their consciences assent (cf. Rom:2:14-15

; Ex. 24:3; Eph:2:15). This obligation which, unfulfilled, stood against us was discharged on his cross" (notes on Colossians:2:14, 1962, Biblesoft).
        It's as if they insist that a Christian should view the law in any form as abolished. Yet, Wycliffe elsewhere speaks of God's law in a positive light, thus contradicting its comment on Colossians:2:14: "Gentiles reacting correctly to this standard are thus not altogether without law. They are obedient doers of the law which God put in their hearts" (notes on Romans:2:12-16

). So the most popular definitions of Colossians:2:14 leave no clear standard to live by, except for an alleged instinctive law or just raw instincts alone.
        But if we let Scripture interpret itself, we come to a different conclusion. The previous verse specifies what Christ's death blotted out: "And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses" (Colossians:2:13).
        "Our trespasses" are the problem that's addressed here—not the laws that were being trespassed. Paul did not suddenly change the subject in the next verse.
        Wiped Out
        The Greek for "wiped out" (exaleipho) means, "to smear completely...to obliterate" (W.E. Vine, Merrill F. Unger and William White, Vine's Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words, Logos Library System, 1997, "blot out"). This Greek word was used in Acts:3:19—"Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out [exaleipho]."
        God hates our sins, the transgression of the law. Therefore He provided a means by which they can be obliterated. Conversely, mankind generally abhors God's law, "Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be" (Romans:8:7). That is why many man-made religious beliefs, which seek to obliterate the law, exist. Yet why would one need to repent (Acts:3:19) of transgressing a law that God "wiped away," which is therefore nonexistent?
        Paul was not introducing new terminology when he mentioned the wiping out of transgressions (not canceling the law that we transgressed). The Old Testament also associates the Hebrew for "wiped out, blotted out, abolished," machah, with trespasses.
        Isaiah:43:25 says, "I, even I, am He who blots out [machah] your transgressions for My own sake; and I will not remember your sins."
        David writes in Psalm:51:1, 9: "Have mercy upon me, O God, according to Your lovingkindness; according to the multitude of Your tender mercies, blot out [machah] my transgressions...Hide Your face from my sins, and blot out [machah] all my iniquities."
        He wrote this song/prayer after his sin with Bathsheba. He wasn't saying, "Have mercy, O God, and abolish the law against adultery, so I can never be condemned for this sin again."
        There's a unique ceremony in the Bible that illustrates what God blotted out. It's the ceremony for a woman suspected of infidelity.
        The priest says, "But if you have gone astray while under your husband's authority, and if you have defiled yourself and some man other than your husband has lain with you..." God continues, "Then the priest shall put the woman under the oath of the curse, and he shall say to the woman—'the LORD make you a curse and an oath among your people, when the LORD makes your thigh rot and your belly swell; and may this water that causes the curse go into your stomach, and make your belly swell and your thigh rot.' Then the woman shall say, 'Amen, so be it.' Then the priest shall write these curses in a book, and he shall scrape them off [machah] into the bitter water. And he shall make the woman drink the bitter water that brings a curse, and the water that brings the curse shall enter her to become bitter" (Numbers:5:20-24

).
        The New American Standard Bible says, "Write these curses on a scroll, and he shall wash them off" (verse 23). Notice that the priest didn't wipe away the law that the adulterer transgressed. Similarly our High Priest, Jesus Christ, blotted out the curses against His wife, who was guilty of spiritual adultery. However, unlike the priest in the Old Testament, Christ drank the bitter water. He knew that the bitter water of these curses would indict us and bring a curse upon us. Therefore, He drank it for us.
        God inspired the Hebrew word for "blot out" to be used in association with unrepentant sinners.
        "So the LORD said, 'I will destroy [machah] man whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them'" (Genesis:6:7).
        "Then Moses returned to the LORD and said, 'Oh, these people have committed a great sin, and have made for themselves a god of gold! Yet now, if You will forgive their sin—but if not, I pray, blot me out [machah] of Your book which You have written.' And the LORD said to Moses, 'Whoever has sinned against Me, I will blot him out [machah] of My book'" (Exodus:32:31-33

).
        "Furthermore the LORD spoke to me, saying, 'I have seen this people, and indeed they are a stiff-necked people. Let Me alone, that I may destroy them and blot out [machah] their name from under heaven; and I will make of you a nation mightier and greater than they'" (Deuteronomy:9:13-14

).
        The expression "blot out" speaks to the removal of sin or sinners, not the removal of the law. God wants everyone to experience freedom from the "curse of the law" (Galatians:3:10, 13), the curse for transgressing the law—i.e., death. However, God will ultimately "blot out" those who refuse to repent.
        Handwriting
        Now let's consider another key word in Colossians:2:14, "handwriting." This has also led many to assume that God's law is the subject here. God wrote the law out with His own hand (Deuteronomy:9:10), so is it His law Paul refers to in this verse as being wiped out?
        The Greek word for "handwriting," cheirographon (khi-rog'-raf-on), refers to a handwritten "legal document or bond" (James Strong, New Strong's Dictionary of Hebrew and Greek Words, 1997, Logos Library System). Interestingly, the New Testament writers did not use this Greek word anywhere else.
        Vine's dictionary includes a very good write-up on it:
        "In illustration of this, look at Col:2:14, which has several words which are found in the papyri; and take one of these, Cheirographon, 'handwriting.' This means a memorandum of debt, 'a writing by hand' used in public and private contracts, and it is a technical word in the Greek papyri. A large number of ancient notes of hand have been published and of these Dr. Deissmann says, 'a stereotyped formula in these documents is the promise to pay back the borrowed money, "I will repay"; and they all are in the debtor's own hand, or, if he could not write, in the handwriting of another acting for him, with the express remark, "I have written for him"'...
        "In the famous Florentine papyrus of A.D. 85, the governor of Egypt gives this order in the course of a trial,—'Let the hand-writing be crossed out,' which corresponds to the 'blotting out the hand-writing' of Col:2:14. Many such illustrations might be given, from which we see that the papyri have a distinct expository value.
        "In Lexicons previous to this discovery are to be found lists of what are called hapax legomena, words which occur only once, and many of which, it was supposed, were created by the Holy Spirit for the conveyance of Christian truth, but now all or nearly all such words have been found in the papyri. The Holy Spirit did not create a special language for Christianity, but used the colloquial tongue of the time; He employed the cosmopolitan Greek" (W. Graham Scroggie, D.D., Forward to Vine's).
        Cheirographon in Colossians:2:14 is not a new word inspired by the Holy Spirit for unique use here. Neither did God inspire the common interpretations of Colossians:2:14, for they are wrong. The language of Paul's time associates this word with a handwritten legal debt or a penalty owed, much like a sentence for a transgression.
        Requirements
        The last word that we'll examine is "requirements," as in "handwriting of requirements." This comes from the Greek word, dogma, which denotes, "an opinion, (a public) decree" (Robert L. Thomas, Th.D., New American Standard Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries, Updated Edition, 1999). The New Living Translation paraphrase says, "He canceled the record that contained the charges against us."
        In Greek society, this expression often denoted an official handwritten sentence or charge against someone for breaking a law. This helps crystallize the principle of Colossians:2:14.
        Note how the Contemporary English Translation has this verse: "God wiped out the charges that were against us for disobeying the Law of Moses. He took them away and nailed them to the cross."
        And the New Testament in Modern English: "Christ has utterly wiped out the damning evidence of broken laws and commandments which always hung over our heads, and has completely annulled it by nailing it over His own head on the cross."
        Consider the Gospel Account of the Crucifixion
        Have you ever thought to read the Gospel account of the crucifixion while addressing the question of what was nailed to the cross? Obviously, Jesus Christ was nailed to the cross on our behalf. But is that all we can learn from the expression, "nailed to the cross"? The New American Bible footnote says, "The offense of a person condemned to death by crucifixion was written on a tablet that was displayed on his cross."
        Remember Matthew:27:37, "And they put up over His head the accusation written against Him: THIS IS JESUS THE KING OF THE JEWS."
        The Amplified New Testament has, "They put the accusation against Him (the cause of His death)."
        The New Living Translation paraphrase has, "announcing the charge against him."
        And the Contemporary English Version says, "They put a sign that told why he was nailed there."
        The handwriting against Jesus displayed the accusation against Him. Pilate had previously demanded to know, "Are You the King of the Jews?" (Matthew:27:11). Of course, Jesus really is the King of the Jews, and all mankind, but the Jewish religious leaders used this accusation to trap Pilate into crucifying Christ: "Whoever makes himself a king speaks against Caesar" (John:19:12). So Pilate wrote a public decree of the charge against Him.
        "Now Pilate wrote a title and put it on the cross. And the writing was: JESUS OF NAZARETH, THE KING OF THE JEWS. Then many of the Jews read this title, for the place where Jesus was crucified was near the city; and it was written in Hebrew, Greek, and Latin. Therefore the chief priests of the Jews said to Pilate, 'Do not write, "The King of the Jews," but, "He said, 'I am the King of the Jews.'"' Pilate answered, 'What I have written, I have written'" (John:19:19-22

).
        This account ties in with Colossians:2:14, though a different Greek word, grapho, is used for "writing."
        Pilate, the Romans and the Jews were unaware of the fact that Jesus took the charges that were "against us" and nailed them to the cross above His own head. They couldn't see the "spiritual inscription" that was nailed to the cross, the charges against all mankind. Perhaps Colossians:2:14 would be more understandable if the inscription read, "...having wiped out the death penalty for your sins, not His." UN

Last edited by Truth.8 on 10-12-2014 08:47 PM

Use magic Report

Post time 11-12-2014 08:54 AM | Show all posts
Truth.8 posted on 10-12-2014 08:41 PM
Lord Jesus did not nail the Law upon the cross?  

Seems like you just consolidate yourself as a pseudo christian in this forum by subtilely desecrating the true teaching of Bible and promote the false gospel. Wonder why no true Christian even bother to entertain you in this forum except a liberal like me who find your statement utterly repulsive and unscientific....

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 11-12-2014 10:13 AM | Show all posts
wkk5159 posted on 11-12-2014 08:54 AM
Seems like you just consolidate yourself as a pseudo christian in this forum by subtilely desecrat ...
Wonder why no true Christian even bother to entertain you in this forum except a liberal like me who find your statement utterly repulsive and unscientific..

Why? because many will realize their mistake and will heading to truth according to scriptures ...which happening now in USA....igorance person like you  will change ...it matter of time...

Was God's Law Nailed to the Cross?

In their struggle to find a New Testament scripture that supports their misconception that God's law is "done away," Many people point to Colossians 2:14 to "prove" that Christ nailed the law of God to the cross. In fact, this verse becomes a major linchpin in their fallacious argument that Christians are not required to keep God's "harsh Old Testament law." Proponents of such a teaching say that the "handwriting of requirements [ordinances, KJV]" refers to the law "that was against us." They further claim that Christ "took it out of the way" or abolished the law..

Does Colossians 2:14 do away with God's law? What is "the handwriting of requirements"? What really was "nailed . . . to the cross"? Let's carefully examine this scripture to see what Paul is truly saying.
First of all, note the context. In verses 11-13, Paul explains what Christ did for us and how those who have believed in Him are now spiritually circumcised:
In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead. And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses.
Here we see that the subject under discussion is the means of our justification. Paul is saying that, when we repented and were baptized, the "old man" of sin was buried in a watery grave, and our sins were completely forgiven through our faith in the sacrifice of Christ. After being raised out of the water, we were "made alive" with Him and imputed to be righteous in God's sight. Paul refers to this process as "circumcision made without hands," that is, spiritual circumcision.
  Handwriting of Requirements
The first part of verse 14 continues the sentence begun at the end of verse 13. Paul continues to explain how our justification was accomplished. Thus, the whole sentence reads,
And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us.
What was this "handwriting of requirements"? These words are translated from the Greek phrase cheirographon tois dogmasin. Cheirographon means anything written by hand, but can more specifically apply to a legal document, bond or note of debt. Dogmasin refers to decrees, laws or ordinances, and in this context means a body of beliefs or practices that have become the guidelines governing a person's conduct or way of life.
What Paul is saying is that, by His death, Christ has wiped out the note of guilt or debt that we owed as a result of our sins—sins which resulted from our past way of life. Before repentance, our lives had been governed by the standards and values of this present, evil world—the "decrees, laws and ordinances" of the society in which we lived.
Now that we have repented and accepted Christ, we have embarked on a new way of life and are living by God's standards and values. Consequently, God has wiped out the debt we acquired as a result of our sins and has imputed righteousness to us.
Another means of ascertaining what "handwriting of requirements" means is to notice that it restates the phrase immediately before it. "Having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us" parallels "having forgiven you all trespasses." Thus, Paul could not be referring to the law itself but rather to the record of our transgression of that law—sin!
What Was Nailed to the Cross?
Note also the last sentence in verse 14: "And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross." In this sentence, the word "it" is a singular pronoun and refers back to the singular word "handwriting." "Requirements" could not be its antecedent because "requirements" is plural. So, some kind of handwriting—a note, a record or a citation—was affixed to the cross.
Historically, only two objects were nailed to the stake of crucifixion: 1) the condemned person and 2) an inscription naming the crimes for which he was being punished. Thus, when Jesus was crucified, only His body and Pilate's inscription ("This is Jesus of Nazareth, the King of the Jews"; see Matthew 27:37; Mark 15:26; Luke 23:38; John 19:19) were nailed to the cross. Normally, the inscription would be more accusative, saying something like, "This is Jesus of Nazareth, who rebelled against Caesar." Pilate's complimentary inscription replaced the customary note or record of guilt—the "handwriting of requirements" that would have been found nailed to the crosses of the two malefactors crucified with Him.
Just before He died, when the Father forsook Him (Matthew 27:46), our sins were symbolically nailed to the cross in His body. "Who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed" (I Peter 2:24). At the time of His crucifixion, Jesus Christ became sin for us. "For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him" (II Corinthians 5:21). Our note of debt that we owed God as a result of our sins is what was "taken out of the way" and "nailed . . . to the cross."
No, it was not the law that was nailed to the cross. The law is not against us or contrary to us but is a great blessing to us. "Moreover by them [God's commandments and statutes] your servant is warned, and in keeping them there is great reward" (Psalm 19:11). Paul clearly writes in Romans 7:12, "Therefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good."
We now see that, far from doing away with the law of God, Colossians 2:14 explains a deep and profound truth, the doctrine of justification. Paul describes the manner in which we are reckoned righteous in God's sight through faith in the sacrifice of Christ. Our Savior paid in His own body the great debt which we owed God because of our breaking of His holy and righteous laws. Now our sins have been "taken out of the way" and "nailed . . . to the cross." Having risen from that watery grave, we now have the promise of eternal life as we live a new way of life—a life of righteousness and service to Him!

Last edited by Truth.8 on 11-12-2014 10:17 AM

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-2-2017 09:18 PM | Show all posts
Edited by Truth.8 at 8-2-2017 09:29 PM

A carcass is a dead body and touching any dead body renders the person unclean until sunset.

Tanned leather is not a dead body. So tanned pigskin would not make a person unclean.

Just as an example, a donkey is not Kosher for food. Yet Jesus and others kept and rode donkeys. We can ride donkeys, but we can't eat a donkey. However, if the donkey dies, touching the carcass causes a person to be unclean til sunset. Skinning the carcass and tanning the skin to make a donkey skin rug, would make the person unclean because they touched and handled the dead body of the donkey, but using a donkey skin rug is ok. The rug is not a dead body and a rug is not used for food.

Added: there is a consistent theme in the Mosaic law concerning dead bodies. Something dead/dead fleshly body, is unclean and renders the person coming into contact unclean. Entering a grave yard and coming into contact with a grave makes a person unclean.
This is one of those strange themes in the law. The law of Moses points to the Messiah, so this theme likely points to the Messiah.
We are dead in our sins. In otherwords, we are dead flesh, which is unclean.

I couple this with another interesting command. The first born of a Kosher animal belongs to the Lord and is taken to the Temple for sacrifice. The first born of an unkosher animal is not suitable for sacrifice and must be redeemed/purchased back for a price or killed. Included in that list is a first born child, who needs to be redeemed. A baby falls into the same category as the donkey, unclean and in need of redemption.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 12-10-2019 08:08 PM | Show all posts
Why Demon/or devil choose Swine?? why not other animals? simple : Swine is dirty
0 And he besought him much that he would not send them away out of the country. 11 Now there was there nigh unto the mountains a great herd of swine feeding. 12 And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them. 13 And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand;) and were choked in the sea.
Jesus Punishes the Swine With Demons (Mark 5:10-20)

...yet people like eat pork...hmmmm

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 26-1-2020 08:03 PM | Show all posts
Edited by Truth.8 at 26-1-2020 08:06 PM

On Sunday, China announced a nationwide ban on the sale of wildlife in markets, restaurants, and e-commerce platforms. Wild and often poached animals packed together in Chinese markets are blamed as incubators for viruses to evolve and jump the species barrier to humans.
Snakes, peacocks, crocodiles and other species can also be found for sale via Taobao, an e-commerce website run by Alibaba.

GOD is correct as per listed in the Food that is clean and unclean. Do you humans listen?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 3-12-2021 03:09 PM | Show all posts
Truth.8 replied at 27-11-2013 11:34 AM
Peter vision - eat anyting????

In this video here is a list of meats that aren't supposed to be eaten according to the bible. These meats also have health risks to them. If you want to become healthier and keep the laws of the bible at the same time, avoid these 4 meats.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 20-12-2022 11:54 AM | Show all posts
Edited by Truth.8 at 20-12-2022 11:56 AM

We need both the Old Testament and the New Testament as the Old Testament shows us pictures of people who fail and also pictures of people of great faith from whom we can learn so much. There’s is a fund of wisdom in the Old Testament and songs for every occasion and we would be poorer and much weaker without it.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 18-2-2024 01:19 PM | Show all posts

Shocking Ingredients In Your Food And Other Products

Shocking Ingredients In Your Food And Other Products
RM12.00
        HUMAN hair is in your bread, pizza or pastry! Under our Food Act — L-cysteine — which is derived from human hair and animal feathers, is allowed in wheat flour and high-protein flour for bread-making.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

23-4-2024 05:43 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.073427 second(s), 33 queries .