Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: weta_studio

*Formula One 2012*

[Copy link]
Post time 31-1-2012 01:36 PM | Show all posts

Torque sensors to increase pit-stop safety

Formula 1 teams are set to introduce a new pit-stop safety feature for the 2012 season. Torque sensors, recently permitted by governing body the FIA, will allow a set of bright lights to inform pit crews when wheels are not properly attached.

Such safety mechanisms are being introduced following a number of pit lane incidents in recent years; not least for Toro Rosso at the 2011 Chinese and Japanese Grands Prix as well as Jenson Button at his home event of Silverstone. In Budapest two seasons ago, Nico Rosberg was released before his wheel dangerously bounced down the Hungaroring pit lane and into the path of fellow teams’ mechanics.

The system and its LED lights have been enhanced by Italian company Paoli, which provides wheel guns to all F1 teams; all are expected to use torque sensors in 2012, although the system is not yet compulsory.

“The system works with a magnetised non-contact sensor mounted on the wheel gun,” Federico Galloni, Managing Director of Paoli, explained to F1WEB.it. “The operator can set the desired torque to be applied to the nut.”

Previously, the amount of torque going through a wheel gun was recorded but only viewable through a computer on the pit wall. With the latest technology, software recording the torque values is connected to the wheel gun itself. This means that, in the event of a wheel not being correctly fastened, the pit crew will be automatically warned and this should prevent cars from leaving the pits with loose wheels.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 31-1-2012 04:19 PM | Show all posts

Volkswagen targets enter Formula 1

The German media Wirtschafts Woche claims that Volkswagen aim to enter Formula 1 as an a new engine supplier.

Wolfgang Durheimer head of Volkswagen motorsport told Wirtschafts Woche, he will be presenting his concept to the board, a concept which includes entering F1.

"I will be presenting my concept to the board this year, with plans that not only include the motor sport series that we are at presently represented in," If we considerer our planned sales in the American, Asian and Middle Eastern markets, then we are not properly represented in motor sport in these markets," he continued. "In my opinion we have to correct this." he said.

But he also said that using F1 to boost sales in the United States might prove difficult given the sport's lower profile there compared to IndyCar and, particularly, NASCAR. He did add, though, that "these race series must be examined in the context of a future strategy".

The rumour is that VW would enter as an engine supplier, with Scuderia Toro Rosso mentioned as a possible partner.

Use magic Report

Post time 1-2-2012 08:46 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time 1-2-2012 11:22 PM | Show all posts
baru aku perasan, nape dorg xde T yg kat atas kete tu ek?regulation baru ke

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-2-2012 09:58 AM | Show all posts
Reply 82# satusembilan

VW muncul lagi..

kalo nak masuk F1 sbb nak jual kereta lagi banyak..bole blah la VW..:@

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-2-2012 10:34 AM | Show all posts
Reply 84# kurtzuandy

yg ni ke??

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 2-2-2012 11:30 AM | Show all posts
Reply 86# weta_studio

ha yg tu la, ke dorg simpan dulu xnak tunjuk mase launch

Use magic Report

Post time 2-2-2012 12:28 PM | Show all posts
yg tue guna masa raca je...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 2-2-2012 12:36 PM | Show all posts
bila tgk design keta caterham dgn mclaren, nampak sangat designer caterham jauh tertinggal...

atau dorang kurang pemahaman sebenarnya...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-2-2012 02:39 PM | Show all posts
Reply 87# kurtzuandy

yang tu on board camera..

yg view dari atas kokpit tu dari situ la..takde kene mengena pun dari team..

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-2-2012 02:44 PM | Show all posts
Reply 89# satusembilan

pemahaman tetiap team lain kot..

Use magic Report

Post time 2-2-2012 05:32 PM | Show all posts
oo aku ingt menda tu aerodynamic penting gak.

psl design tu atas tiap2 team tuk apply camne nak ikot regulation kot. fia nak nak dorg rendah kan nose so kalo xnak ade step pade nose team kena rendahkan chasis skali. caterham refuse nak rendahkan chasis dia sbb angin yg lalu bawah chasis pentiing tuk aerodinamik so dia amek jln rendahkan nose ikot regulation tapi chasis tetap tinggi mcm original, sbb tu jdk platypus huhu

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 3-2-2012 03:53 PM | Show all posts
angin lalu bawah nose penting..

kalo ko perasan..mana2 team nose kt bahagian bawah semua rata..sbb angin leh flow cantik je takde gangguan..

Use magic Report

Post time 3-2-2012 05:01 PM | Show all posts

Karthikeyan claims vacant HRT seat

Narain Karthikeyan has been revealed as HRT's second driver for the 2012 season, returning to the Murcia-based squad after an eight-race spell in the sport last year. The Indian, who had his 35th birthday in January, joins Spanish driver Pedro de la Rosa at the outfit, the latter also making a full-time comeback.

Karthikeyan’s confirmation, somewhat unexpected as several drivers appeared to be in a strong position to take the seat, completes the grid for Formula 1 in 2012. His debut came with Jordan in the Australian Grand Prix of 2005.

"It has taken a lot of hard work to make this happen but I am absolutely elated to feature on the 2012 grid with HRT F1 Team," he says. "I was pleased with our strong performance at the Indian Grand Prix, in front of my passionate home fans, and I look forward to building on this result in 2012.

"I have been training hard since the end of 2011, ensuring I was ready for the rigours of F1 if an opportunity arose. I am delighted to have signed with HRT F1 Team. With the new management, Pedro, and the team, there is definite potential for progress."

Also for 2012, former Grand Prix driver Luis Pérez-Sala has become HRT Team Principal, replacing Colin Kolles after joining the team in an advisory role last season.

"I am pleased to count with Narain for this season, as he will contribute continuity and stability," Pérez-Sala explains. "He is a quick, intuitive and secure driver who met his expectations despite a lack of continuity last year. Of the eight Grands Prix he contested in 2011, he only failed to finish on one occasion and had a great performance in the last race he took part in.

"I’m sure that the fact that he will continue to work and drive on a regular basis will help him take a step forward this season. And if he advances, so does the team. This is a year in which you could say that the team starts from scratch and everyone’s input will be fundamental."

Testing begins in Jerez next week, although HRT will not be present; the squad hopes to run at the first Barcelona test with its 2011 car, with plans in place to debut its new contender for the final four days of pre-season running.

Use magic Report

Post time 3-2-2012 07:36 PM | Show all posts
Force India 2012 contender  VJM05

Use magic Report

Post time 3-2-2012 07:38 PM | Show all posts
Sahara Force India have taken the covers off their 2012 challenger - the VJM05.

Drivers Paul Di Resta and Nico Hulkenberg were on hand at the team's Silverstone base to launch the new-look vehicle, which features the step nose that is set to become a common theme this coming season.

Speaking to Sky Sports News, Di Resta said he hoped the VJM05 would be the car that propels the team to fifth place in this year's Constructors' Championship - the stated aim of team boss Vijay Mallya.

"I think every individual in this team has put a lot of effort into this car. The momentum we had at the end of last year, hopefully we've managed to carry that over," the Scot said.

"It's a fine piece of art and hopefully when it gets to the track it'll show what it's capable of."

Team-mate Nico Hulkenberg, meanwhile, is looking forward to getting back in the thick of the action this year having spent 2011 on the sidelines as Force India's reserve driver.

"I'm very much looking forward to look what's underneath here and then get out there and do some racing again," the German said.

New F1 regulations mean that a car's nose must now be no higher than 55cm. However, the height of the front bulkhead remains at 62.5cm, leaving the potential for a step between the two.

Caterham's CT01 set the trend and now Force India and Ferrari have followed suit.

However, McLaren ran with a lower nose and bulkhead prior to the rule change, meaning their car does not feature the step.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 3-2-2012 09:00 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Use magic Report

Use magic Report

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

29-3-2024 06:52 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.282530 second(s), 43 queries .