Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: weta_studio

World Rally Championship 2012

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 12-1-2012 03:28 PM | Show all posts
Reply 16# akughi

dlu kelisa ada masuk rally..tapi local rally je..

bole lawan kereta sedan lain..trutama mitsu evo...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 12-1-2012 05:06 PM | Show all posts
Reply 18# JohnDeSouza

tu la pasal..

takpe..backup ade dari abang BMW..fund pun byk..

Use magic Report

Post time 12-1-2012 09:42 PM | Show all posts
Reply 22# weta_studio

hehehe abg dia mmg kayoooo

Use magic Report

Post time 13-1-2012 10:20 AM | Show all posts
sebastien leob ni race sorang2 ke...

smp 8 thn berturut2

Use magic Report

Post time 13-1-2012 10:21 AM | Show all posts
proton neo thn lepas dapat no berape?

agak memberangsangkan thn lepas

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-1-2012 03:37 PM | Show all posts
Reply 24# akughi

dia power sgt ler tu..

kalah dah schumy..

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 13-1-2012 03:38 PM | Show all posts
Reply 25# akughi

proton tak masuk WRC

masuk IRC dgn APRC

menang juara..same dgn kategori pemandu

Use magic Report

Post time 16-1-2012 03:33 PM | Show all posts

aku sebenarnye nak tunjukkan gambo kereta mini cooper kat belakang tu

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 17-1-2012 08:15 AM | Show all posts
Loeb targets ninth WRC title

Monaco - Sebastien Loeb will be aiming for an unprecedented ninth World Rally Championship (WRC) title when the 2012 season kicks off on Wednesday with the return of the Monte Carlo Rally.

After three years on the Intercontinental Rally Challenge circuit, the Monte Carlo Rally is back in the WRC and set to provide a spectacle with seven world champions and five former winners of the race in the field.

Loeb heads the lineup in his Citroen DS3 and is the overwhelming favourite for the season's curtain-raiser, having recorded five victories in seven attempts in the principality, and the Frenchman was delighted to see the event return to the WRC.

"For me, it's a no-brainer - the Rallye Monte Carlo has to be in the World Championship," Loeb insisted.

"It is the world's most famous rally; you just can't have a world championship without it!

"It's also a rally where I have always done well," he added.

The Frenchman is not the only driver to have triumphed in Monte Carlo, however, with Francois Delecour, Sebastien Ogier, Mikko Hirvonen and Bryan Bouffier also having celebrated victories in the event.

New Citroen recruit Hirvonen, winner of the 2010 edition when it was part of the IRC circuit, admitted the unpredictable winter conditions that are a staple of the opening rally makes it one of the toughest on the calendar.

"Monte Carlo has such a long tradition and the championship has to start from Monte Carlo but I have a kind of love and hate relationship with the rally," Hirvonen said.

"I mean I love it when I’m not there but when you’re up in the mountains with the wrong tyres doing icy downhill with the slick tyre then I hate it. But it’s a real challenge and I’m very happy to start the season over there and really excited to be in the Citroen," the Finn, a new team-mate of Loeb, added.

The course includes 430kms of timed sections over 18 stages, with drivers departing from Valence on Wednesday and passing through the Ardeche, Haute-Loire, Vercors and Alpes-Maritimes regions before arriving in Monaco on Sunday.

The future of the sport was thrown into disarray when the International Automobile Federation (FIA) cancelled its contract with promoters North One Sport earlier in the month, but the Automobile Club de Monaco confirmed that Eurosport had agreed to step in and provide coverage for the season-opening event.

The 13-race season culminates on November 11 with the Rally of Spain.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 17-1-2012 08:17 AM | Show all posts
Reply 28# akughi

yee laaaa....
errr..body mantap..kaler cantik..

maksud aku..kereta tu

Use magic Report

Post time 17-1-2012 11:51 AM | Show all posts
Reply 30# weta_studio

yeeeee aku tau ko cume tgk kereta tu je...
ekekekekekekekekeke....

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 18-1-2012 03:37 PM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by weta_studio at 18-1-2012 15:39
Ford takes aim at WRC title

Just 65 days after ending the 2011 FIA World Rally Championship with victory in Britain, a new-look Ford World Rally Team begins its 2012 campaign this week on the most famous rally of all.

After a three-year absence, the classic Rallye Monte-Carlo (17-22 January) returns to the series to provide rally teams with what could be the most unpredictable fixture of the 13-round campaign.

Much is new in the Ford team. The squad has a new identity and its Fiesta RS World Rally Car, which locked out the podium places on that final round in Britain last November, carries a striking new livery. Lead drivers Jari-Matti Latvala and Miikka Anttila are joined by former world rally champion Petter Solberg and co-driver Chris Patterson, who bring a wealth of experience to the Ford line-up.

The Monte Carlo Rally breaks the mould for modern WRC events with a format that turns the clock back more than 15 years. It offers five days of competition covering more than 433 stage km, and is the longest WRC event since Kenya’s Safari Rally in 2002.

It is initially based in Valence, before heading south to its spiritual home among the glitz and glamour of Monaco. It is essentially a tarmac event on technically straightforward roads, but unpredictable weather can make it devilishly difficult.

Drivers can face dry roads, streaming wet tarmac, ice and snow. They can often encounter all on the same special stage as the route climbs and descends inhospitable mountain cols, switching from sheltered southern-facing roads to exposed northern routes.

As a result the rally can be won or lost on tyre choice alone. Each test within a group of special stages must be tackled on the same rubber, often chosen several hours earlier. There is no perfect choice in such rapidly-changing weather, and frequently the secret for success is selecting compromise tyres which lose the least time in the ‘wrong’ conditions.

Making the correct choice places a huge emphasis on support personnel. They are located at strategic points to relay weather updates, while both Latvala and Solberg have a pace note checking crew which drives the stages before they go live to provide the latest information. This is used by the co-drivers to update their pace notes and offers crucial knowledge when considering tyre selection.

26-year-old Latvala, who has four Monte Carlo Rally starts to his name, is hoping to build on new-found confidence on tarmac towards the end of last season.

“I feel I’m more competitive on tarmac than ever,” he said. “All the pieces are there for a successful year – a strong team, a competitive car and two good drivers. We need to put them together for the entire season, and if we do that then we can fight for the manufacturers’ and drivers’ world titles. I’ve driven a Ford for several years, but this season I believe we have the best chance of winning.

“The team started 2010 and 2011 with a victory. It will be hard to win against the tarmac experts but a top-three finish would be a good start to the season ahead of rallies that suit me more. The roads are fast and follow the side of the mountains or the rivers in the valleys. The tarmac is old in places, so it’s bumpy and the grip level changes.

“This is a classic rally. It’s challenging and stressful in equal measure. You have to think about the weather and tyre choice. When we’re in the service park at sea level in Monte Carlo, we must predict what the weather will be like in the mountains at 1200m and make a selection accordingly. A wrong choice can cost several seconds per kilometre, so it can win or lose the rally,” added the Finn.

Solberg understands the event’s intricacies as well as any current driver with eight WRC starts there. After joining the team before Christmas, he has completed only two days of testing in a Fiesta RS WRC but the 37-year-old Norwegian doesn’t see that as a disadvantage.

“My first test was in difficult conditions and I quickly developed a good feeling,” he said. “I competed there last year, when it wasn’t a WRC round, so I know all the stages except the two new ones. I enjoy the rally, although the conditions can be tough. There are no real difficulties if it’s dry, but if it’s wet we can expect black ice and snow. Managing tyre choice in such circumstances requires a good team set-up, with a strong strategy and access to the most-up-to-date weather information. Coming back to Ford is exciting and the chance to drive for a manufacturer again is why I ran my own team for the last three seasons. I’m not here just to make up the numbers. Jari-Matti and I want to fight for titles and I believe we can.”

Patterson will make his 100th WRC start as Solberg's co-driver..

Seven privately-entered Fiesta RS WRCs supplement the official cars. Ott Tänak / Kuldar Sikk and Evgeny Novikov / Denis Giraudet are nominated by M-Sport Ford World Rally Team, which has also entered 1994 Monte Carlo winner François Delecour / Dominique Savignoni. Martin Prokop / Jan Tomanek are entered by the Czech Ford National Team while individual entries have been placed by Matthew Wilson / Scott Martin, Henning Solberg / Ilka Minor and Julien Maurin / Olivier Ural.

Rally Route

After Tuesday’s start ceremony in Valence, the opening three days are based around the city. The first two legs on Wednesday and Thursday include more than 130km of competition each in the Ardèche region, to the west. Friday’s third leg covers stages east of Valence in the Vercors mountains and Haute Loire region, before the long journey south to Monaco. A Saturday afternoon restart precedes two loops of two tests in the Alpes Maritimes, including a double pass over the legendary Col de Turini. The single 5.16km Power Stage concludes the action on Sunday morning, with bonus points available to the fastest three drivers. The finish ceremony takes place at Monaco’s Palace on Sunday afternoon. Drivers tackle 18 stages covering 433.36km in a route of 1780.47km.

-Ford-

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-1-2012 08:41 AM | Show all posts
Sebastien Loeb leads Monte Carlo Rally after Jari-Matti Latvala's crash

Sebastien Loeb holds a comfortable lead at the end of day one of the Monte Carlo Rally after rival Jari-Matti Latvala crashed out of first place.

Latvala had been 30 seconds in front of five-time Monte winner Loeb going into today's final stage, but rolled his Ford and was forced to retire.

All of Loeb's nearest competitors had tough ends to their days, with Ford's Petter Solberg ruing his use of two snow tyres on what was now a mostly dry SS4 and Loeb's Citroen team-mate Mikko Hirvonen damaging a brake in a minor impact with a wall.

Their delays allowed Dani Sordo to move back into second for Mini despite damaging his suspension in an error this morning, although the Spaniard is 1m04s behind Loeb and just 1s ahead of Solberg.

Sebastien Ogier therefore holds an astonishing fourth place overall in his S2000 Skoda - thanks to some very rapid stage times as well as the WRC field's issues. The ex-Citroen WRC driver is just ahead of Evgeny Novikov's M-Sport Ford and the delayed Hirvonen, with Francois Delecour holding a highly respectable seventh on his WRC return with another WRC Ford. Thierry Neuville retired from his Citroen debut on the day's final stage.

P-G Andersson's Proton holds 10th overall and leads the S2000 class, albeit as one of only two cars still running in the poorly-supported division.

Leading positions after SS4:

Pos  Driver             Team/Car        Time/Gap
1.  Sebastien Loeb     Citroen       1h30m30.1s
2.  Dani Sordo         Mini           + 1m04.2s
3.  Petter Solberg     Ford           + 1m05.2s
4.  Sebastien Ogier    VW Skoda       + 2m21.1s
5.  Evgeny Novikov     M-Sport Ford   + 2m26.5s
6.  Mikko Hirvonen     Citroen        + 2m30.0s
7.  Francois Delecour  M-Sport Ford   + 2m49.9s
8.  Pierre Campana     Mini           + 4m09.7s
9.  Ott Tanak          M-Sport Ford   + 4m14.0s
10.  P-G Andersson      Proton         + 4m33.8s

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-1-2012 08:47 AM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by weta_studio at 19-1-2012 08:52

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 20-1-2012 10:27 AM | Show all posts
WRC: Sébastien Loeb's lead grows in Monte Carlo Rally

Citroën star Sébastien Loeb has won five out of six stages on the second day of the Monte Carlo Rally, round one of the 2012 World Rally Championship, to extend his impressive lead to nearly two minutes.

Conditions on the second day were milder than they had been on the chilly opening leg, with mud and stones on the mountain roads around Valence proving a bigger hazard than snow and ice.

“Today was easier than yesterday, more like a normal asphalt rally, but it was certainly still tricky as it was very muddy in places,” said Loeb, a five-time winner in Monte Carlo. “I was feeling good so I tried to push. I don’t know what will happen tomorrow, and with the conditions suiting me today I had to take everything I could. This rally is all about taking every opportunity.”

The situation behind him was far less clear-cut, with a close battle between Mini driver Dani Sordo and Ford’s Petter Solberg for second place. Sordo and Solberg swapped positions throughout the day, but Sordo claimed a slender 3.4-second advantage over his Norwegian rival on the final stage of the day.

“We’re in a good position, but there’s still a very long way to go,” said Sordo, reflecting on his day’s work. “You never know what the weather will do on this rally and sometimes that can work in your favor; sometimes it can’t. Now it depends on what happens with Sébastien.”

Mikko Hirvonen, driving his first rally as Loeb’s teammate, finished the day fourth overall, two minutes behind Solberg. He admitted to struggling slightly with the factory Citroën, while Russian driver Evgeny Novikov, in his M-Sport Fiesta, ended up just six seconds behind him heading into day three.

Volkswagen Motorsport’s Sébastien Ogier started Thursday’s final stage in an impressive sixth overall with his Super 2000-specification Skoda Fabia, only to suffer a spectacular high-speed crash five kilometers from the stage finish. He was not injured.

French legend Francois Delecour, returning to the World Rally Championship after a 10-year absence, is sixth overall in a Fiesta, with Mini’s Pierre Campana demoting Ott Tanak into eighth after the Estonian’s Fiesta stalled at the start of stage 10.

Friday’s action features just three stages close to Valence before the crews head down toward Monte Carlo for the final two days of the marathon event, the oldest and most prestigious rally.

Use magic Report

Post time 20-1-2012 02:06 PM | Show all posts
Reply 28# akughi

peh mengiurkan....maksud aku kete mini tu

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 25-1-2012 08:35 AM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-1-2012 08:36 AM | Show all posts
Loeb starts 2012 rally season with a win in Monte Carlo

MONACO •  Reigning world champion Sebastien Loeb of France in a Citroën won the Monte Carlo rally for the sixth time on Sunday to take up where he left off last season — on top the World Rally Championship standings (WRC).
In what was the opening leg of the 2012 WRC season, Loeb finished ahead of Dani Sordi of Spain  in a Mini and Petter Solberg of Norway  in a Ford Fiesta. It was the 68th rally win of his exceptional career.

The race, the 80th running of the Monte Carlo Rally, marked its return to the WRC stage after three seasons in the rival IRC camp.

Loeb has won the last eight rally world titles and is a hot favourite to make it nine in a row this year.

Recently voted as the most popular sportsman in France, Loeb, who hails from Alsace in the eastern part of the country, opened the final day poised to grab overall victory, having led the classic rally race from the start.

And he made no mistake by winning the closing five kilometre-long power stage on the Col de la Madone, high above Monte Carlo, which accorded him three extra points points to take him to 28 points for the race.

“For sure it’s always a great moment to start the season like this especially in front of so many fans,” Loeb says. “Full points in the first race is incredible and for sure it’s the perfect start to my title defence. But Monte Carlo is my rally, and for the others we will have to see.”

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-1-2012 08:38 AM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-2-2012 08:28 AM | Show all posts
WRC: Go Fast ready for winter action in Sweden

Solberg Going Fast For Strong Points In Sweden
Following a freak accident during training last week and a broken left ankle for Matthew Wilson, Henning Solberg and Ilka Minor will lead the Go Fast Energy World Rally Team as the World Rally Championship heads to Sweden for the second round of the series.
Spanning two countries over more than 350 competitive kilometres, the 60th Rally Sweden will see the Go Fast team endure subzero temperatures testing both man and machine alike. Spectacular action is guaranteed on this the only true snow rally on the 2012 Calendar, and crowd-favourite Solberg will be out to impress on what is effectively the Norwegian’s home event.
It was during one of Wilson’s regular training sessions - fell running around the English Lake District - that the British driver took an awkward fall putting him and co-driver Scott Martin out of Rally Sweden. Having been rushed to hospital, doctors later confirmed that the 25 year-old had broken his left ankle.
Wilson had been due to complete 100km of testing in his Ford Fiesta RS WRC early this week and was looking forward to getting his 2012 season off to a competitive start with a good result on the more familiar Scandinavian stages. Unfortunately, the injury will see the Cumbrian out of action for the near future and the entire team wish him a speedy recovery.
Last month’s Rallye Monte-Carlo saw an eventful opener to the season for Solberg. Blighted by cruel bad luck, and with no pre-season testing in the lead-up to the event, Solberg battled on to set competitive times throughout. Proving he has some real pace in the car, the charismatic Norwegian will be looking to translate the good form he demonstrated last month into a strong haul of points on the snow-covered Swedish stages.
In preparation for the second round of the season, Solberg contested Rally Finnskog alongside the likes of Mikko Hirvonen, Mads Østberg and Eyvind Brynildsen last weekend. Getting into the rhythm of winter rallying, Solberg impressed to finish second overall in a much less powerful Mitsubishi Evo 6. Despite losing valuable time with a spin on SS3, the Norwegian got the better of his compatriots to finish just 30 seconds adrift of eventual winner Hirvonen in a Citroën DS3 WRC.
The Go Fast driver will be looking to replicate last weekend’s speed with a strong haul of points as he returns to his Ford Fiesta RS WRC this week.
Henning Solberg said:
“We’re going to ‘Go Fast.’ Flat out. This is one of my favourite events and we’ll be pushing for a good result.
“I’m really looking forward to the rally. This is like my home event and the fans are always absolutely amazing! There is always such a great atmosphere in the forests. The [Scandinavian] fans are some of the best in the world!
“I’ve got a really good feeling on snow after [Rally] Finnskog. We got the feeling just right straight away and everything was running well. Hopefully it will be the same next week [at Rally Sweden] and we can push for a really good result.”
Speaking after his accident, Matthew Wilson said:
“I’ve broken and dislocated my left ankle so, unfortunately, that means no Rally Sweden for me and Scott [Martin].
"I was really looking forward to Sweden. We were a lot more prepared for this rally [than we had been for Rallye Monte-Carlo] and we would have been looking for a good result. I’m absolutely gutted.”

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

20-4-2024 02:19 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.375105 second(s), 42 queries .