CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 888|Reply: 5

[Jenayah] Driving against traffic – Riders and drivers get up to 5 years jail, minimum RM5,000 fine if convicted: Police

[Copy link]
Post time 8-12-2022 02:10 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Highflyer19 at 8-12-2022 02:11 PM

The Royal Malaysian Police (PDRM) has stated on its Facebook page that driving against traffic is an offence, and any driver or rider found to have committed the act can have action taken against them under Section 42 (1) of the Road Transport Act (Amendment) 2020.

The offence comes under reckless and dangerous driving, and those convicted shall be punished by imprisonment for a term of not more than five years, and with a fine of not less than RM5,000 and not more than RM15,000.

A person convicted under this section shall also be disqualified from holding or obtaining a driving license for a period of five years from the date of conviction, the statement continued.

Instances of driving against traffic has resulted in death, even if some in other cases have emerged unharmed. In the first nine months of 2021, the transport ministry reported that there have been 807 accidents involving vehicles being driven against the flow of traffic. Of this total, 29 fatalities were recorded, while 17 cases had serious injuries, 49 with minor injuries and 712 cases involving damage.

https://paultan.org/2022/12/08/driving-against-traffic-riders-and-drivers-get-up-to-5-years-jail-minimum-rm5000-fine-if-convicted-police/

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 8-12-2022 02:29 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
About time…

Use magic Report

Post time 8-12-2022 02:30 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Kecuali???..ada kad oku,nyanyuk..ahso tak tau cakap melayu..

Use magic Report

Post time 15-5-2023 07:02 AM | Show all posts
Edited by seribulan at 21-3-2024 08:49 PM

An official letter is cool of course, but the way a free letter surprises me, nothing surprises me anymore. A good example is this lette/ . There is the text of a letter from a man in prison who writes the most beautiful words to his beloved. When I read this text I just cried.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 10-7-2023 02:49 PM | Show all posts
Edited by seribulan at 21-3-2024 08:50 PM

I'm impressed by the versatility of LED sport lights that are suitable for a wide range of vehicles and heavy-duty industrial machines. Whether it's cars, trucks, or even, having reliable lighting solutions is crucial for safety and visibility in various environments.

Use magic Report

Post time 21-3-2024 04:24 PM | Show all posts
Edited by geriphillip at 23-3-2024 05:02 PM

Driving against traffic is a serious offense that falls under reckless and dangerous driving, leading to potential imprisonment of up to five years and a fine ranging from RM5,000 to RM15,000 upon conviction, as highlighted by the police. Such stringent penalties aim to deter individuals from engaging in such dangerous behavior on the roads. This emphasizes the importance of adhering to traffic laws and safety regulations to prevent accidents and protect lives. To further reinforce responsible driving, consider exploring games like Traffic Rider 2 MOD APK, which can simulate road scenarios and encourage safe driving practices through interactive experiences.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

18-4-2024 03:13 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.126482 second(s), 34 queries .