CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 916|Reply: 4

Avril Lavigne dapat bintang Hollywood Walk Fame

[Copy link]
Post time 1-9-2022 04:56 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts |Read mode
Singer Avril Lavigne received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Wednesday as she celebrated the 20th anniversary of her debut album.

Lavigne's Let Go was released on June 4, 2002, and she has been nominated for eight Grammys throughout her career. During her speech in front of Amoeba Music in Los Angeles, Lavigne thanked her family and friends for supporting her and music producer L.A. Reid "for discovering me at 15 years old, just a kid from a small town in Ontario, Canada, and he believed in me."

She recalled coming to Hollywood for the first time at 16 years old "right about when I dropped out of high school," two years before she released her first hit single "Sk8er Boi."

"I remember seeing these legendary names and I never could have imagined that mine would be here," she said. "This is so crazy. I'm so grateful. This is probably one of the coolest days of my life."

Lavigne later put on the same hoodie she was wearing on that visit years ago.

Lavigne's debut, Let Go, sold more than 16 million copies worldwide and was certified seven times platinum in the United States and made her the youngest female solo artist to have a No. 1 album in Britain.

"Sk8er Boi" was nominated for a Grammy for Best Female Rock Vocal Performance and an MTV Video Music Award in 2003, and "Complicated" was nominated for "Song of the Year" and "Best Female Pop Vocal Performance" at the Grammys.

Fellow musician Machine Gun Kelly delivered a speech on Lavigne's behalf at Wednesday's ceremony, saying "Sk8er Boi" inspired him.

"Avril Lavigne, you are an amalgamation, the amalgamation of our generation's childhood, adulthood, angst, love, breakups, all of the above and everything in between," he said. "You have been with me way longer than you know. You were with me on all of the times I got my heart broken. Your music was in my headphones. You were an inspiration for a generation of kids like myself, who wore baggy jeans and skated and didn't fit into what MTV's version of what the girls wanted."

Source : https://www.upi.com/Entertainment_News/2022/09/01/Avril-Lavigne-Hollywood-Walk-of-Fame/5111661998566/

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 1-9-2022 04:57 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time 6-9-2022 01:21 PM | Show all posts
bangga naw dapat nama kat lantai. org pijak2 jek..
tp lmbt dia dapat ye. zaman kegemilangan dia dah lepas

Use magic Report

Post time 6-9-2022 03:47 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
greantea replied at 6-9-2022 01:21 PM
bangga naw dapat nama kat lantai. org pijak2 jek..
tp lmbt dia dapat ye. zaman kegemilangan dia dah  ...

Patot lama dapat dah dia ni. Paling tidak late 00s, zaman peak fame dia. Skrg kalo buat comeback pon tenggelam timbul je.

Use magic Report

Post time 8-10-2022 07:22 AM | Show all posts
I last heard her music years ago.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

28-3-2024 06:29 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.062627 second(s), 35 queries .