CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 252|Reply: 1

[Vehicles] The Most Common Car Battery Troubles – Solved!

[Copy link]
Post time 25-8-2022 02:52 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by kevinsummar at 25-8-2022 02:53 PM

A battery makes an integral part of yourvehicle. You can expect it to serve you with a battery. However, the batteriesdie once they hit a certain age, but if they face failures before thestipulated time limit, it needs some sort of analysis. There are a number offactors affecting the quality of your battery. They include aging, lack of preventivecare, as well as environmental factors.

A battery failure is considered when you donot get enough charge to restart your vehicle over night or after some time.However, it is rare for a battery to fail during a drive as most of the time,it is an electrical failure.

As it is already stated that a battery attainsits age after a specific period, it could be three to five years. In thisperiod, a car battery goes dead and if the battery is relatively young, therecould be other reasons behind a battery failure. However, it is alwaysworthwhile to understand the reasoning behind a dead battery so that you cantake suitable action on time. Let's have a look over the issues that can makeyour car's battery dead.

Is A Parasitic Drain Making YourCar's Battery Dead?

Your car's battery may go dead continuously asit tries to provide enough current to start your car. It might seem quite complicated, but there isalways a drain on the system. That remains active even after you pull the keysout and close the door.

However, you can identify the root cause bydisconnecting the battery connection after your vehicle is parked for thenight. Simply put, if the battery stays charged in the morning, it isdefinitely a parasitic drain.

Some parasitic drains include the lighting atglove compartment, and any other part of your vehicle.However, these lightstend to shut off automatically, but they may fail due to some malfunction thatcan seduce your battery's charge over time.
Besides, you can opt for battery scanning anddiagnostic services by an expert at Service My Car to avoid the staringheadache every morning.

Improper Driving Habits Are Hazardous To YourBattery's Health

A battery is made of plates to store thecharge for some time so that it can provide the current as per demand. However,if a car's battery does not receive enough charge, it is consideredundercharged.

But, a frequent event of undercharging mightget your battery into trouble as it causes sulphating. The sulphating usuallyhampers the performance and life of the battery.

Besides, the battery relies on repeatedcharging, but it always produces a loss of charge holding capacity of the plates.However, it generally happens when there is a constant cycle of deep dischargeand full charging.

These things are quite avoidable by learningproper habits. A preventive approach can be beneficial to give your vehicle'sbattery a long and sustainable life.

Negligence May Hamper a Battery's Performance

Corrosion is a basic problem with yourvehicle's battery. However, you cannot avoid the appearance of corrosion at theterminals of a battery. But, you can clean the same so that the battery may getcharged fully.

However, more than half of battery failureshave an underlying cause of loss of water. A loss of water may happen due toevaporation due to the high temperature under the hood. Overcharging alsoresults when there is negligence of such a situation.

Your car's batteries require propermaintenance even if you are not using them. A lack of care may trigger a numberof causes that can hamper the battery.

Adverse Weather Conditions Are Not Good For aBattery's Health

Adverse weather conditions, especially thosehot periods, are not very good for your car's battery health. On the other hand, external cold conditionsalso take a toll on the battery's health. However, it is impossible to avoidthe environmental conditions, but what you can do, is take good care of yourbattery.

Though external conditions can lead to higherbattery consumption, having a battery service every two or three years is stillgood for keeping your vehicle's performance at its best.

A DefectiveElectrical System Might Be a Reason for the Sudden Battery Failure

The probability of battery failure is higherif anything with the electric system goes unwell. It could be a batteryalternator failure or any blown fuse that restricts the battery charging.However, this is not quite as worrisome if the battery dies when your vehicleis parked.

If your battery dies during a drive, you findyourself in these troublesome circumstances. A battery failure on the roadmight cause unwanted incidents as the battery powers a number of criticalcomponents.

Although a premature battery dying does notsound good, it is something that you have to take care of. You can avoidcorrosion by tightening the connection. Besides, a parasitic drain is a smpleissue with a simple fix if you bring your vehicle to a trusted facility such asService My Car.

You can also preserve your vehicle's batteryhealth by adopting good habits and keeping an eye on battery charging anddischarging. However, a better option is to opt for a battery test to learn aboutthe actual condition so that you can g for car battery replacement during carmaintenance.

Service My Car offers you a one-stop solutionfor your battery and car's needs. At Service My Car, you can avail car repairservices without any hassle. You can try to book a car service online or make arequest a quote on our website.

Looking for thebest Mclaren repair servicing and repair? Look no further than Service My Car.With Service My Car, you get to benefit from our extensive network as your caris likely to be taken to the best Mclaren service center.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 26-11-2022 09:56 PM | Show all posts
Edited by binop at 26-11-2022 09:57 PM

[size=13.3333px]I face a issue of my bathroom Blocked Drains Crawley and to much water are collect in house and give me any solution.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

23-4-2024 11:31 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.151365 second(s), 28 queries .