Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 6473|Reply: 2

Learn Language according to Your Learning Type

[Copy link]
Post time 18-3-2008 03:57 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi all,

I stumbled across this website and I think a its great website to share with you guys, language learners.
Be aware that different learning types requires different approaches to teach.
Especially to teachers, I think this website would be extremely helpful. Meh aku tepek sket...

Taken from 'Your learning type and language learning'.
Here are some language learning tips for people with each of the four learning types:

Meaning-Oriented Learners

You probably enjoy using the language to buildrelationships with people. You want to observe and analyze socialsituations. It is good for you to plan language learning activitiesaround language functions and communication situations. You may befrustrated by a language learning program based on a grammaticalsyllabus. An approach to language learning you might enjoy is the Relational approach.

Theory-Oriented Learners

You may be more interested in how the language works and thetheoretical implications of the language to linguistic theory. You maybe less interested in using the language as a medium for communication.Achieving communicative competence may be needed in order to achievesomething you want to do. You may need to work at activities that willhelp you develop communication skills and to gain a theoreticalunderstanding of the language. You probably have high standards foryourself, which can be good. Do not set unreachable standards or youmay become discouraged. An approach to language learning you mightenjoy is the Analytical approach.

Solution-Oriented Learners

Your motivation for learning a language is probably to enable you toaccomplish something useful or important. You are probably lessinterested in linguistic theory for its own sake. You probably like astructured and orderly presentation of materials with hands-onlearning. You are likely conscientious and work hard. If you know thepurpose of an activity that will help you be productive, you will bemore motivated to do it. You will probably be less comfortable withopen-ended activities, communicative activities and games. An approachto language learning you might enjoy is the Structured Approach.

Activity-Oriented Learners

You probably are more interested in getting out and doing things withpeople who speak the language. You may be less interested in studyingby yourself. You may enjoy classroom activities that involve action andcooperation, such as games. If you get out and participate inactivities where people use the language, you will have fun and learn alot. You likely relate well to people and enjoy getting to know them.Classroom activities that involve drills and theory may not appeal toyou. One approach to language learning you might enjoy is the Energetic approach.

me: sounds like i am Theory-Oriented Learners.... byk sgt study tapi bahasa tu takleh ckp gak...hihi  

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 24-3-2008 01:55 PM | Show all posts
mine, I think...

Meaning-Oriented Learners

You probably enjoy using the language to buildrelationships with people. You want to observe and analyze socialsituations. It is good for you to plan language learning activitiesaround language functions and communication situations. You may befrustrated by a language learning program based on a grammaticalsyllabus. An approach to language learning you might enjoy is the Relational approach.

[ Last edited by  seribulan at 24-3-2008 01:58 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 12-12-2022 03:54 PM | Show all posts
Edited by seribulan at 21-1-2024 02:35 PM

I can tell you that it took me a while to find the best method for me to learn a language, but after I discovered lingopie, I understood that I could even watch to improve my language skills. And after that, it wasn't problematic for me to take my knowledge of Portuguese to a new level.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

29-3-2024 06:30 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.058177 second(s), 30 queries .