123Next
Return to list New
View: 13301|Reply: 52

GE 2008 and the ugly sides

[Copy link]
Post time 25-2-2008 04:38 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
[table=98%][tr][td=1,1,650]Monday February 25, 2008

Kurup: I was punched
KOTA KINABALU: A moment抯 joy turned to pain for Parti Bersatu Rakyat Sabah president Tan Sri Joseph Kurup.
He was walking out of the Nabawan community hall after being declared winner of the Pensiangan parliamentary seat when someone punched him in the face.
揑 was shaking hands with my supporters when this man jumped at me and I felt something hit me in the face and it became chaotic after that.
揑 have an idea who he is. I feel saddened because it is not our culture to resort to violence,

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 25-2-2008 04:40 PM | Show all posts

injunction on the way?

PASOK barred from contesting under own party banner

Yesterday, PASOK, one of the six political parties which endorsed THE PEOPLE'S VOICE and THE PEOPLE'S DECLARATION, was barred from filing their nomination papers under their own party banner/symbol. A police report has been lodged and the party's lawyers are in the process of filing legal action to stop the elections.

http://www.malaysia-today.net/2008/content/view/3364/84/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-2-2008 04:42 PM | Show all posts

too many APs??

Election briefs - 2 (24/2/08)
http://www.malaysia-today.net/2008/content/view/3327/84/
Nomination scare for Rafidah

IPOH: It was a scary moment for Barisan Nasional supporters when incumbent Kuala Kangsar MP Datuk Seri Rafidah Aziz left one of her forms unsigned during nomination.

Kuala Kangsar returning officer Datuk Mohd Ghazali Jalal said the issue cropped up when an agent for PAS candidate, Dr Khairudin Abd Malik, noticed that Rafidah failed to sign one of the nomination forms.  

揝he signed on the forms that she submitted to me but she forgot to sign the form that was put on display during objection period,

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-2-2008 04:45 PM | Show all posts

PAS for 1

ELECTION 2008: Pas grabs Kijang state seat, reduces odds to retain Kelantan Government

http://www.malaysia-today.net/2008/content/view/3328/84/

Sunday, 24 February 2008

Based on the current balance of power, Pas has reduced the odds of retaining the Kelantan Government after former Senator and Kelantan Pas deputy Muslimat chief Wan Ubaidah Omar won the Kijang state seat unopposed on a technicality. Pas held 23 seats to Barisan抯 22 before dissolution of the state assembly.

BN candidate Mustopha Ahmed had his nomination papers rejected after Pas objected to his status as a bankrupt.

"It may have been due to a loan which I stood as a guarantor, but I was unaware that there were problems with it," a disappointed Mustopha said as BN supporters consoled him.

Kelantan EC director Rahim Mohd Salleh told Bernama that Mara records showed that Mustopha was a bankrupt, which automatically disqualifies him as a candidate.

However, Mustopha claimed he had settled in full the loan and intends to appeal to the EC, including bringing the matter to the Election Court.

When returning officer Ismail Ghani announced at the SMK Pengkalan Chepa 2 nomination centre that Mustopha's nomination papers were rejected, Pas supporters cheered loudly. An overjoyed Ubaidah, with her family beside, said she was thankful for the unexpected victory.

There were also near misses for the BN camp, including BN election director and Menteri Besar-designate Datuk Dr Awang Adek Hussin when their candidates almost had their papers rejected due to technicalities. The Rantau Panjang and Tanah Merah parliamentary seats, and the Gual Periok state seat will see three-cornered fights after independent candidates joined the fray.

While there were prior news that Rantau Panjang and Gual Periok could expect three-cornered fights, lawyer Asmadi Abu Bakar took everyone by surprise when he turned at the nomination centre and filed in his papers as an independent candidate.

Asmadi, 33, is well known among the Felda community in the Kemahang area for successfully representing them in a RM7.8 million suit against Felda recently. He will contest against BN's Datuk Shaari Hassan and Amran Abdul Ghani from PKR.

The other independent candidates were local businessman and Umno Padang Nyior branch member, Isma Airfath Hassanuddin, 38, for Rantau Panjang and Muhammad Zulkifle Abdul Rashid, self employed, 43, in Gual Periok state seats.

At the Bachok land and district office, Awang Adek, who is contesting for both Bachok parliamentary and Perupok state seats, nearly lost his candidacy when Pas objected to him listing his deputy ministerial post as his profession. However, the objections were rejected by returning officer Adnan Hussin.

Awang Adek will face Pas deputy president Nasharudin Mat Isa in Bachok and Pas incumbent Datuk Omar Mohammed in Perupok.

Menteri Besar Datuk Nik Aziz Nik Mat almost won the Chempaka seat unopposed when BN candidate Datuk Dr Nik Mohd Zain Omar, forgot to sign his nomination form.

There were no problems in other high profile seats, including Ketereh parliamentary seat, where Kelantan Umno and BN chief Datuk Annuar Musa is contesting and Datuk Mustapa Mohamad in Jeli parliamentary.

The contest in Jeli will renew the rivalry between Mustapa and long-time political nemesis Apandi Mohamad, whose candidacy came as a surprise as he was not in the original list of Pas candidates. Apandi had defeated Mustapa in 1999 but the Higher Education Minister gained revenge by defeating him in 2004.

Former Kelantan Umno leader and political maverick Datuk Ibrahim Ali will use the Pas symbol to pit against division youth chief Ahmad Rosdi Mahmad in Pasir Mas parliamentary while parachute candidate Saifuddin Nasution Ismail, who joined Pas from PKR, will face BN's incumbent Datuk Sazmi Miah under a PKR ticket.

With one seat already won unopposed, the battle in Kelantan will stage straight fights in 12 parliamentary and 43 state seats. - NST

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-2-2008 04:48 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-2-2008 08:24 AM | Show all posts

to get refunds for those complied???

EC okays forms without duty stamps

(The Sun) - The Election Commission (EC) has decided that all candidates who submitted their nomination forms without the accompanying statutory declaration being stamped are qualified to stand as candidates in the March 8 general election.

In a press conference at 5pm today, obviously called in response to a protest on this matter by PAS outside the EC headquarters in the morning, EC secretary Datuk Kamaruzaman Mohd Noor said although the law required the duty stamp on nomination papers, it was the decision of the commission which comprise the chairman, deputy chairman and five commissioners to qualify the candidates.

He also said those unhappy with the decision can file an election petition in court.

It was reported in some newspapers that Johor Barisan Nasional (BN) candidates had not complied with this requirement but were allowed to stand as candidates. This morning, PAS vice-president Mohammad Sabu led a group of party members to send a memorandum to the EC on this matter.

The group tried to hand the memorandum to a senior official and when EC public relations officer Sabri Said turned up, they refused to give it to him.

It was learnt many PAS candidates had taken pains to fulfil the requirement and when it was withdrawn, they felt frustrated.

Last Thursday (Feb 21), Kamaruzaman had issued a statement on the regulation, as statutory declarations are not exempt from stamp duty under the Stamp Act and the Election Regulations.

Under Regulation 6(2A)(c) of the Election Regulation (Conduct of Elections) 1981, returning officers can reject nomination papers of a candidate if the statutory declaration did not adhere to Regulation 4(7) of the Election Regulations.

Duty stamp can be purchased at any Pos Malaysia counter for RM10, and validated at any district office. Forms can also be franked at Inland Revenue Board offices.

This was the first time the EC was imposing the regulation even though it had existed since 1981.

On Saturday (Feb 23), EC chairman Tan Sri Abdul Rashid Abdul Rahman had said the enforcement of the regulation was not a deliberate act to cause difficulties for candidates, and hoped it would not be made an issue.

On another matter concerning postal voting, Kamaruzaman said the EC will notify candidates' election agents on the date, time and venue a day before the issuance, opening and counting of postal votes.

He said polling agents who want to observe the postal voting process must prepare three copies of application forms and obtain approval from the Malaysia Armed Forces and Police two days before the postal voting is held.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 26-2-2008 08:26 AM | Show all posts

also this one on RM10

http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/78662

EC contradicts itself again
Chan Kok Leong | Feb 25, 08 9:02pm
The Election Commission was at odds with itself once again - what its chairperson Abdul Rashid Abdul Rahman said yesterday contradicted the instructions given by secretary Kamaruzaman Mohd Noor.

After Nomination Day yesterday, PAS had alleged that returning officers in Terengganu had refused to accept their objections that Umno's statutory declarations (for four state and one parliamentary seats) did not pay their stamp duty.

The returning officers explained that they had received new instructions on Saturday to ignore the earlier ones given by Kamaruzaman. When pressed to show the memo, the officers could not comply.

Asked to comment on this, Abdul Rashid admitted that several candidates had problems paying their stamp duty because of the short notice. He added that the candidates did not get EC's instructions.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-2-2008 04:06 PM | Show all posts

pro BN DBKL

Seputeh DAP Election Publicity Materials Taken Down By DBKL

http://www.malaysia-today.net/2008/content/view/3400/84/

The demand of DBKL to take down my elections publicity materials that hung at the flyover of Kuchai Lama is unfair and unjust

I am very unhappy with the request of DBKL to take down my elections publicity materials from the flyover of Jalan Kuchai Lama traffic light junction yesterday.

My party members have hung up the Rocket flags and buntings immediately after the nomination yesterday. One hour later, my election agent and I received calls from DBKL officers that asked us to take down the publicity materials.

My members and I were very reluctant to do so, because we think that we have not violated elections laws. The reason DBKL asked me to take down the DAP flags and banners was because the Datuk Bandar and my BN opponent in Seputeh constituency want to officiate the opening of the flyover. They wanted to tell the Seputeh constituents that this is another project of Barisan Nasional.

Last night, DBKL officers have taken down publicity materials and flags from that flyover. They told us that we can hang them up again after the opening this afternoon. My question is, if those publicity materials are from the Barisan Nasional candidate, will DBKL ask them to take down? Another question is, why didn抰 DBKL choose to invite my opponent Carol Chew and not me while both of us are the candidates of Seputeh Parliamentary seat in this general election?

http://teresakok.com/2008/02/25/kuchai-lama-flyover/ for more

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 27-2-2008 06:46 PM | Show all posts

scared of what?

http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/78754

Student party 'prevented' from contesting
Feb 27, 08 1:21pm
The police had allegedly prevented a candidate from the Students Party (PMN) from contesting in the Kepala Batas parliamentary constituency against Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi.

PMN pro-term president Azlan Zainal (left) claimed that the police had blocked him, their candidate Zainulfaqar Yaacob and witness Maar Balqis Nur Mohammed, from entering the nomination centre on Sunday.

He said the trio, who were accompanied by some 700 supporters, had arrived at the nomination centre on time (9am) to submit the nomination forms.

But the police had delayed them for an hour, resulting in them missing the deadline (10am).

Expressing disappointment, Azlan said he could not understand why the police had behaved in such a manner.

"We were treated like criminals. They took our IC and searched our bags and confiscated our nomination documents," he said in a statement yesterday.

Zainulfaqar was to contest as an independent since PMN has yet to be registered.

Once the 慸elay

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 28-2-2008 06:15 AM | Show all posts

who do we blame?

blame the rotten system of 51/45 years..

http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/78790

Samy: PKR 'samseng' behind demos
Andrew Ong | Feb 27, 08 6:47pm
MIC president S Samy Vellu lashed out at PKR today, warning the opposition party that MIC is also capable of launching a 'war' but its members chose to abide by the law.

He also blamed PKR and its 憈hugs

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 28-2-2008 06:26 AM | Show all posts

worst in GE 2008 - yes

JK's Digest No. 11 of February 2008 (218-226 of 2008) GE 2008's signs or what?

I told one journalist who rang me at the exact time the Parliament was dissolved that this GE is the worst ever.

1. Drama after dissolution on 13th February, 2008

2. Fixing of nomination and polling days

3. Confusion over Stamp duties

4. EC and P182 - an awakening call

5. 3 Big birds over the Karamunsing area

6. Electoral Posters of BN

7. Blur colour photos in Daily Express 27/2/2008

8. BN (be end) Manifesto

1. Drama after dissolution on 13th February, 2008

As usual, the soon after the dissolution on 13th February, the drama had unfolded as it was held for the first time on a Sunday for the nomination and then 13 days the polling day on a Saturday as it has always been. The Sunday has its disadvantage as the National Registration Department was closed for verifying Identity cards of candidates and that more overtime or allowances would be needed for the special GE staff. Then the Seven Days Adventists protested over a Saturday for polling for the first time although previous Polling days had been on Saturday.

2. Fixing of nomination and polling days

Although the day of dissolution was not known when the call on the YDP Agong was not shown over TV as the Agong was on the way to the Abu Dubai, the Elections Commission was very prompt to have fixed the nomination and polling days the next day. The days choosen were apparently already known by EC Chairman as 13 days to polling was mentioned. So who actually decided the polling day on 8th March, 2008 and why not on the 10th March, 2008 as more days are needed for the 3 days of cooling period for some candidates to withdraw when printing need to be updated. Given the regular confusions, I would not be surprised that more errors like the Sungai Lembing case in 2004.

3. Confusion over Stamp duties

The first confusion was obvious with the Statutory declaration of Form 5 or Form 5A which had been exempted from stamp duties since 1981. Why suddenly in 2008, only three days before the nomination day, the potential candidates were informed of the change by the EC. The fear of disqualification was real. I had noticed that the new form did not state the exemption as previously. Then after the nominations, where some BN's candidates did not comply with the stamp duties, the EC seemed to have reversed the requirement. So should the candidates who had paid the stamp duties be refunded the RM10 plus the expenses to go for that. This requirement was disturbing because some of the stamp offices would be likely closed. Kota Kinabalu's stamp office was open on Saturday for this purpose but there are many towns where such facilities are not easily available over the weekend.

4. EC and P182 - an awakening call

Can we blame the EC or the Police for what happened in P182 Pensiangan as a punch had taken place over some bias treatment as reported? Surprisingly, the Returning Officer had faxed the three names to the head office and then the disqualification only announced at 5 p.m. What actually happened after 11 noon till 5 p.m.? Who had made that decision that the BN's candidate was unopposed? Since there are three days of cooling period, why not an Election Court decide on this change of decision so that the contest can go on rather than go to the Court to wait for another two years like the Likas N13 -1999? Why was there an alleged conspiracy? Was the unopposed candidate involved with this alleged conspiracy? If so, would Kurup be disallowed to contest again should there be a by election? I think this issue must be resolved at the Election Court unlike Yong Teck Lee fought for the right to contest the Likas By Election in 2001 pending appeal only to be declared later that he was disqualified for 5 years in 2002.

5. 3 Big birds over the Karamunsing area

At about 1 p.m on 27th February., I just arrived at the Beverly Hotel and I saw the fire in the direction of the Api-Api Center. Then three big birds making loud calling noises flown over the area and then I saw a halo just forming around the Sun. What is the sign of this when the place nearby is supposed to be the Sabah UMNO headquarters? It could be an anointing for me - fire as a sign (Holy Spirit), and the 3 big birds (symbol of Holy Spirit) and the halo (symbol of a crown).

6. Electoral Posters of BN

Yesterday, I saw the posters not sticking well to the standing boards by the traffic islands in Luyang. Now the logo of the poster against the cross was not the right one as the official one is the one with the dark blue background. So are the BN candidates in confusion meaning they are fading away.

7. Blur colour photos in Daily Express 27/2/2008

The launching photo of Sabah BN's manifesto was blur.

8. BN (be end) Manifesto

Summary of BN manifesto
Economy

Balanced development

Education

Law and order

Public services

Reducing corruption and improving government

Religion and unity

Foreign policy

The key words such as rising prices, poverty, national-type, illegal immigrants, penalties, integrity, understanding, impartial are the basis of the 8 items.

Joshua Y. C. Kong says

I can deal with these 8 item point by point but it is suffice here to say this.

Have we not seen similar "BN =be end " manifesto for the last few decades? As long as there is a continued unfortunate New Economic Policy since 1970 and a misinterpretation of the national religion , it is very hard to see how this manifesto can be beneficially followed through for all without the repeated lop sided deals aplenty in Malaysia and Sabah already lying at the bottem of everything would be left to face the brunt of such system. My 21 Police Reports (2004-2007) including a reminder on 10th December 2007 as extended to Anti Corruption Agency, and others only confirm the rotten state of affairs at its worst in reality as the rotten system is incapable to handle the issues raised by my sacrificial effort in Police Reports of nearly a thousand pages worth a few Trillions Ringgit.

We need a new system (New Federal Constitution) with a new Government (not found in present set up of political parties) for a total overhaul of Federalism concepts and don't let the dilemma of 1970 arising from a dilemma to continue to plague the nation. The fall and rise of nations depend on proper leadership in proper system of justice and fairness for all.

Joshua Kong - LATEST BOOK - "A case of victory - landslide or rigslide" on the Malaysian General Elections 2004

GOVERNMENT RIGS ELECTIONS ALL TIMES (GREAT)

GOVERNMENTS RAMPANT INTERNAL ELECTIONS FRAUDS (GRIEF)

http://forum4.cari.com.my/viewth ... age%3D1#pid18998942 (local politics - reading level 2)

http://forum3.cari.com.my/viewth ... age%3D1#pid18998994 (The Authority - open to all including visitors)

http://p214.ezboard.com/fmalaysiaforeverfrm2

http://p214.ezboard.com/GOVERNME ... e?topicID=610.topic [Malaysia Forever] for GREAT GRIEF.

http://p214.ezboard.com/Joshua-K ... e?topicID=609.topic (JK for PM)

>>> International Criminal Court migs-mega-icc-group-sabah/ (dead??) http://migs-sabah.blogspot.com/ (active)

http://www.freewebs.com/justknock/migsiccsabah.htm (active)

http://forum.cari.com.my/viewthr ... age%3D1#pid16300759

or http://forum4.cari.com.my/viewth ... &extra=page%3D1

.... for MIGS

>>>>

http://won-borneo.blogspot.com/; (deleted)

http://malaysian-elections-2004.blogspot.com/ .......GREAT

http://www.e-borneo.com/col/jkong/ .... Renaissance

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/P150Gaya/ .... Politics in Sabah etc.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 28-2-2008 06:30 AM | Show all posts

what else do we need to show ugliness?

JK's Digest No. 12 of February 2008 (227-235 of 2008) Strong cases in my favour

Lots of bad signs for the BN=be end.

1) Musa Aman to be disqualified

2) Dr Patawari bin Pataware absent

3) Kunak's BN candidate is man or woman?

4) Student party 'prevented' from contesting

5) PKR is a federal party

6) EC should provide identity card numbers of all candidates and their proposers and seconders.

7) ACA is Actual Corruption Agency

8) Samy, Rafidah and Syarizat

9) Lots of bad signs for the BN=be end.

1) Musa Aman to be disqualified

He launched the BN's manifesto in his official residence as it is an election offence.

2) Dr Patawari bin Pataware absent

Why he did not contest is obvious my Police Report had been successful, but the one standing in his Sebatik seat is also questionable - another Tsunami of Illegal & Illegalities.

3) Kunak's BN candidate is man or woman?

His name is Nilwan Bin Kabang with IC 500606125360 indicating the candidate is a woman ending with a "0". The electoral roll says the person is a female. Can this be someone else IC by changing of name only?

4) Student party 'prevented' from contesting

The news say "The police had allegedly prevented a candidate from the Students Party (PMN) from contesting in the Kepala Batas parliamentary constituency against Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi."

Joshua Kong says - How can the infamous Police do this thing?

5) PKR is a federal party

The news say - An old political battle cry "Sabah for Sabahans" is being repackaged as "Justice for Sabahans" in a special manifesto unveiled by Sabah Parti Keadilan Rakyat.

Joshua Kong has always written that "Justice for Sabahans" can only be done by Sabahans themselves in Government even in a Federation. What is wrong if sincere local people run the State with local political parties? The bias Federal based parties would ignore Sabah because the noise for competition for attention is louder over the Peninsula. Also Anwar never is interested to confess what he done in the KK hotel with Yahya Lampong in 1994. He needs to apologise to Sabahans for the things done in 1994. Because he had ill treated Sabah like acts of treasons, he was removed as Deputy Prime Minister in 1998 as someone not to be trusted in the nation building. This scenario is applied to all past and present leaders -near and far, national and regional- who have ill treated Sabah.

6) EC should provide identity card numbers of all candidates and their proposers and seconders.

What is Election Commission trying to hide when it is known some people have used dubious identity documents to stand for elections. EC has failed the nation and should be disbanded immediately.

7) ACA is Actual Corruption Agency

Many candidates in GE 2008 are very corrupt and yet ACA has given clearance for such people to contest.

8) Samy, Rafidah and Syarizat

Why they made mistakes in their nominations forms? So they are deemed to be losing in the Polls. Good for Malaysia.

9) Lots of bad signs for the BN=be end.

Go on searching we would find them.

Joshua Kong - LATEST BOOK - "A case of victory - landslide or rigslide" on the Malaysian General Elections 2004

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 28-2-2008 06:33 AM | Show all posts

who are this couple in the car?

Wednesday February 27, 2008
MYT 6:57:42 PM

Stalkers following me, says grandma Maimun

By PAUL CHOO

KUALA TERENGGANU: Grandmother Maimun Yusuf, who is vying to be the Kuala Terengganu member of parliament, is worried about being stalked.

The 89-year-old kain songket trader said she was campaigning in Chabang Tiga on Wednesday when she noticed a car with a man and a woman following her.

揑 had just received 1,000 copies of my poster from the printing company in the morning and started distributing them when I noticed a car following me around.

揟here was a man and a woman inside and I did not recognise them,

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 28-2-2008 11:30 PM | Show all posts

reporters assaulted

Thursday February 28, 2008
MYT 7:37:15 PM

慡orry

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 28-2-2008 11:35 PM | Show all posts

3 issues by Joshua Kong

three major issues since the nomination of the candidates on 24th February, 2008.
1.        Launch of Barisan National's manifesto in the presence of most BN candidates
        According to the mass media including TV1 news - regional news at 5 p.m. on 27th February, the caretaker Chief Minister of Sabah Datuk Seri Musa Aman - also BN's Chief in Sabah launched the BN's manifesto at Seri Gaya, Bukit Nenas, Kota Kinabalu - the official residence of the Chief Minister.  This is an Election Offence for all BN's candidates.  Various photographs in the mass media had shown that many candidates and their election agents were at the same venue to receive the manifesto.
2.        Police personnel protecting the candidates.
        I want the Election Commission and the Police DiRaja Malaysia to inform the public as how many Police personnel had been allocated to protect all candidates and whether certain incumbent representatives had been given special protection.  Since all candidates had been paying the same money as deposits for the General Election, equal treatment should be given to all candidates irrespective of parties and independents.   When candidates feel themselves for their own faults to be threatened for whatever reasons, such candidates should engage their own security staff.  There has been a case where Police had advised an incumbent representative also a caretaker minister against going to a function hence this is a special protection at public expense.  Any candidate who is fearful of their own safety should withdraw from the contest.  I was also attacked in Luyang in my campaign in 1986 and lodged a Police Report but today I am still alive.
3.        Identity cards numbers of candidates, proposers and seconders
        I want the Election Commission to provide the list of all identity cards numbers of candidates, proposers and seconders nationwide.  You can publish that in the EC's official website.  There is already a case where a candidate is confused with the sex and Sunday as nomination day is not an excuse to allow the candidate not to be disqualified. Also the candidate in Sebatik is also a suspect of his background and identity.  We would advocate for birth certificate at nomination.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 29-2-2008 01:07 AM | Show all posts

check that out - a dead man in the 2008 rolls

Kad Pengenalan : 141207125011 / H0002041
Nama : DATO LAI EN KONG

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 29-2-2008 07:57 PM | Show all posts

who are the losers?

Friday February 29, 2008
MYT 5:56:36 PM

Report lodged against DAP leaders

By BERNARD SEE

PENANG: Two Opposition leaders found themselves in hot water for allegedly condemning the police during their talk in Air Itam here on Wednesday.

A report was lodged against DAP chairman Karpal Singh and secretary-general Lim Guan Eng by a police officer after they allegedly called the police "lazy" and "good for nothing" among other things.

Karpal is the candidate for the Bukit Gelugor parliamentary seat while Lim is the Bagan parliamentary and Air Putih state seat candidate.

George Town OCPD Asst Comm Azam Abd Hamid said both of them would soon be called to give a statement over the matter.

"We have classified the case under the Sedition Act 1948 as what was said during the talk had tainted the police force's good name," he said.

In another incident, a man, in his 40s, was nabbed for pulling down the posters of Barisan Nasional candidates in various parts of Air Itam on Thursday.

ACP Azam said the man was caught in the act by a police team on patrol at 11pm, adding that he was released on police bail after his statement was taken.

"We believe that he would pull down the posters each time they were put up. We will be charging him under the Minor Offences Act 1955 soon."

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 29-2-2008 08:00 PM | Show all posts

why like that for the Police?

DAILY EXPRESS 238420

In response to unsolved problems

Since the last General Election 2004, there was the pledge to improve the performance of the Police DiRaja Malaysia which was under the Commission of Inquiry on the management of the Police Force.  There may be some expensive improvements in the way Police Reports are received online in 2007, but the rest after that is only known to the Police force.
        Since then CASH and I had lodged 21 Police Reports (2004-2007) including a reminder in December 2007 worth a few Trillions of Ringgit on pressing issues faced by the nation. (see attached)
        Although some initial attention were initiated, nothing concrete has surfaced from the preliminary investigation if any.  The critical issues raised ranging from Project IC, General Elections 2004, electricty to the land resources and wealth of Sabah and the nation were economical, financial, political, and social implications in the context of security, sovereignty, and stability plus harmony.
        Now the BN's manifesto is themed "Security, Peace and Prosperity" may be just another message of inaction when CASH had also submitted three memorandums to the Government over the last two years.  Even ACA had told me that my relevant Police Reports as extended to them had been treated with "no further action".

Joshua Kong, Deputy President of CASH.  29th February, 2008

088 432576  088 474513   

POLICE REPORTS  of Joshua Kong (CASH) 2004-2007
1.        Police Report on EPIC   (Extra People IC)    28 October 2004 KK/rpt/23408/04
2.        PR and ACA -The RM5 Billion water Malaise in Sabah 28 Oct 04   KK/RPT/23409/04                 and ACA  submitted on 15-3-04.
3.        UMNO Sabah and its landed properties(USH) KK/rpt/27530/04 21 Dec 2004 **
4.        UMNO Sabah and its membership (USKA) KK/rpt/27530/04 21 Dec 2004  **
5.        Bank Negara & Ringgit Notes (BNRM) KK/rpt/27530/04 21 Dec 2004 **
6.        Non Revenue Water  (NRW) KK/rpt/27530/04 21 Dec 2004 **
7 .        Petronas & Sabah (P&S) KK/rpt/27530/04 21 Dec 2004 **
8.        Identity Cards -genuine and dubious in the hands of illegals  under P1/P2 'Project Mahathir'  Karamunsing Rpt/0227/06  21 June 06  (Jointly with President of Consumer Association of Sabah & Labuan FT (CASH) & Hashima Hasbullah of CASH)
9.  On the conduct of the 11th National General Elections and  10th Sabah State General Elections- 21 March 2004  by the Election Commission (EC) K'sing/Rpt/10281/06  26 Dec 06
10.        Police Report on Land Issues in Sabah Karamunsing/002428/07 14 February 2007       
11.        Police Report on our security and sovereignty  K'sing/ 003948/07 16 March 2007. (Jointly with President and Secretary General of CASH)
12. POLICE REPORT ON a gangster SOH See Yee@Gary Su/Soo Luyang/002101/07 15 June 07
13.        POLICE REPORT ON Datuk Dr. Hj Patawari bin Hj Patawe Nric 571227-12-5051/H6008708/ 571227-71-5051   K'sing/008725/07  15 June, 2007
14.        POLICE REPORT on EPIC OF SABAH  K'sing/010000/07    07/07/2007 %%.
15.        Police report on Sabah wealth as near gone   K'sing/010000/07    07/07/2007 %%
16.        Police Report on EC=Electoral Corrections   K'sing/011997/07    10/08/2007
17.        Police Report on Close down SESB - [frauds in billions] K'sing/015944/07  19/10/07.
18.  Police Report on Daily Express & Mr. Kassim Sangi (criminal injustice) Luyang/003634/07
19.        Police Report on Foreign Banks Accounts  (corruption?) Luyang/004218/07
20.        Police Report on UK Arms deal with M'sia (corruption)    Luyang/004222/07)
21.        Police Report on  Joshua Kong's 18 Police Reports (reminder)  Luyang/004222/07.
I have also lodged Report to Suhakam and Biro Pengaduan Awam for the outcome if any of those Police Reports.  
NB:  ** five items in one Police Report;  %% two items in one Police Report.
These Police reports as supported by about 1,000 pages are filled with items of Tsunami of Illegals & Illegalities (TII).
        These Police Reports are not anti Government but I am anti ILLEGAL Federal &
State Governments as illustrated in two reports on Election Commissions on General Election 2004 (item 9 and 16)  plus the latest book "A case of victory - landslide or rigslide'  ISBN978-983-2653-31-8.  I have written to the Election Commission, Sabah and Head Quarter in Putrajaya on 29 October, 2007 and the attached book "A Case of Victory- landslide or rigslide" which included the two Police Reports on GE 2004.       
        These Police Reports when acted on appropriately are worth many Trillions of Ringgit if we want to put a value to them.
        Only items 8, 18 & 19  had seen some investigations carried out by the Police concerned but the results of such investigations are still awaited.  I hope the Police Reports lodged in 2007 are still in your e-archive.
        The 21 Police Reports together with all supporting documents add up to almost a thousand pages of A4 papers.
Joshua Kong Yun Chee,  Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.   27th December 2007.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 1-3-2008 01:22 PM | Show all posts

troubles maker?

http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/78883

PKR alleges BN hooliganism in Rembau
Syed Jaymal Zahiid | Feb 29, 08 1:49pm
PKR members in Rembau are accusing BN of employing 慼ooligan tactics

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-3-2008 05:10 PM | Show all posts

faxed to at least 20 people

To all involved with the conduct of General Elections 2008- 12th Parliament & 11th Sabah
PRESS RELEASE  by Joshua Kong, Deputy President of CASH  on 29th February, 2008
RE: Election Offence 2008 - three major ones
We raise three major issues since the nomination of the candidates on 24th February, 2008.
1.        Launch of Barisan National's manifesto in the presence of most BN candidates
        According to the mass media including TV1 news - regional news at 5 p.m. on 27th February, the caretaker Chief Minister of Sabah Datuk Seri Musa Aman - also BN's Chief in Sabah launched the BN's manifesto at Seri Gaya, Bukit Nenas, Kota Kinabalu - the official residence of the Chief Minister.  This is an Election Offence for all BN's candidates.  Various photographs in the mass media had shown that many candidates and their election agents were at the same venue to receive the manifesto.
2.        Police personnel protecting the candidates.
        We want the Election Commission and the Police DiRaja Malaysia to inform the public as how many Police personnel had been allocated to protect all candidates and whether certain incumbent representatives had been given special protection.  Since all candidates had been paying the same money as deposits for the General Election, equal treatment should be given to all candidates irrespective of parties and independents.   When candidates feel themselves for their own faults to be threatened for whatever reasons, such candidates should engage their own security staff.  There has been a case where Police had advised an incumbent representative also a caretaker minister against going to a function hence this is a special protection at public expense.  Any candidate who is fearful of own safety should withdraw from the contest.  I was also attacked in Luyang in my campaign in 1986 and lodged a Police Report but today I am still alive.  Also why is the photograph of IGP in the BN's manifesto 2008?
3.        Identity cards numbers of candidates, proposers and seconders
        We want the Election Commission to provide the list of all identity cards numbers of candidates, proposers and seconders nationwide.  You can publish that in the EC's official website.  There is already a case where a candidate is confused with the sex and Sunday as nomination day is not an excuse to allow the candidate not to be disqualified. Also the candidate in Sebatik is also a suspect of his background and identity.  We would advocate for birth certificate at nomination.

The consequences of Election Offence would lead to disqualification even when the candidates concerned are "elected" on 8th March 2008.  
        In the public interest as this General Election 2008 is likely to be illegal since the nomination days with several major confusions possibly manipulated by the relevant authorities as it was in General Election 2004 which is now in a Writ of Summons by Joshua Y. C. Kong filed on 25th February, 2008 at the Kota Kinabalu's High Court, it is appropriate to call off or suspend the present General Election in Sabah as well as the National General Elections (many abuses by the caretaker Prime Minister and his caretaker cabinet) to avoid the unneccessary costs and time wasted for all concerned in the nation.  There is also a Writ of Summons for a caretaker Government to be heard on 4th March 2008 in Kuala Lumpur.
        Meanwhile it is also timely to implement the caretaker Government for a two years period so the illegal and faulty Electoral Rolls since 1994 be rectified. In the Judgement of Justice Muhammad Kamil at High Court, Kota Kinabalu on 8th June, 2001 on the case of  Harris Mohd Salleh v Returning Officers & Ors arising from the Sabah General Elections 1999, it was ruled that the 1998 electoral rolls were faulty due to the inclusion of many dubious citizens who had become so by possession of identity cards outside the provision of the Federal Constitution.  Today, the Electoral Rolls remain faulty for the same reasons that substantial voters are not genuine citizens.  Similarly other States Electoral Rolls can be affected too.
        CASH is here to provide a sincere voice for the nation and would like to proceed to implement what is expressed here to see that justice so much neglected and damaged in 51/45 years (Lingam Video Clip is only the tip of the iceberg of abuses) is dealt with fairly for the betterment of the nation in the new millennium.
        We trust this is in order for the best practice must come sooner. In the public interest and natural justice, we appeal and endorse this,

Joshua Y. C. Kong

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

26-4-2024 12:50 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.080115 second(s), 50 queries .