Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 123660|Reply: 190

Race, Rally, Drift , Drag Malaysia

[Copy link]
Post time 25-8-2007 02:09 AM | Show all posts |Read mode

PETRONAS EON RACING TEAM (PERT)

Of all the disciplines in motor-racing PETRONAS have ventured into, rallying perhaps ranks as the most successful in its history of producing the country's first ever world champion driver in 2002.

Karamjit Singh, also known as Flying Sikh, helped raised the profile of Malaysian motor-racing to an entirely new level when he was crowned the 2002 FIA Production Car World Rally Championship winner.

Brushed aside as a non-contender even from the beginning, Karamjit raised everybody's eyebrow when he started winning one rally after another. Triumphant in only his first season in WRC, these achievements also made him the first Asian to have ever accomplished such a feat, and only the second driver in world rallying history to win both the World Rally and Asia Pacific Rally Championship titles in a single season.

Such dominant form he was in, together with co-driver Allen Oh, Karamjit, swept two overall Asia Pacific Rally Championship crowns (2001 and 2002), four Group N Asia Pacific Rally Championship titles, multiple regional rally victories and countless national championships, establishing the PETRONAS EON Racing Team (PERT) as the most successful rally team in Asia.

2003 saw increased levels of competition, in which Karamjit and Allen finished third overall in the FIA Production Car World Rally Championship, whilst the duo lost out the FIA Asia Pacific Rally Championship just by one point. 2004 again sees PERT competing in both the FIA Production Car World Rally Championship and the FIA Asia Pacific Rally Championship.

KARAMJIT SINGH, DRIVER

A world-class rally champion in the sport of rallying, Karamjit has earned his reputation as one of the world's finest. Rallying since 1986, Karamjit has had numerous victories. Winning consecutive class victories in the Rally of Thailand in 1991 and 1992, 1997 saw him winning the Group N Category of the Asia Pacific Rally Championship (APRC), plus the Malaysian Open and the National Drivers awards. In year 2000, Karamjit won the Champions title for Driver in Group N in APRC, with two 1st Overall titles in the ever challenging Rally of Indonesia and Rally of Thailand.

Together with Allen Oh, the formidable duo have set alight the world rally scene in their first ever year in 2002, winning the FIA Production Car World Rally Championship overall title, thus becoming Malaysia's first ever World Champion in motorsports. In the same year, Karamjit and Allen went on to win the FIA Asia Pacific Rally Championship overall title, making them only the second duo to win two FIA-sanctioned rally championships in the same year.

ALLEN OH, CO DRIVER

A rally veteran since 1980, it is hard to imagine that Allen Oh was an Accountant by training. Leaving ledgers behind, he began as a privateer and eventually became a highly experienced navigator. Having been with some of the best drivers in Malaysia and Australia, he proved to be a valuable asset to PERT when he joined in 1992. Allen has been a co-driver for Karamjit since 1996 and together they have conquered the Asian terrain, before making name for themselves in the Middle East, England, Australia and New Zealand.

Last edited by HangPC2 on 27-6-2013 03:09 PM

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 25-8-2007 02:32 AM | Show all posts
1988 (1991-1994) Group S Proton Iswara 4WD Turbo

Specification

2000CC DOHC 16 Valve Intercooler Turbo
Motec Engine Management system
FIA regulations restrict to 300 BHP
but PERT claim it was 337bhp/6800rpm
Permanent 4wd with center vicious coupling and F/R LSD
Single Plate AP racing clutch
6 Speed Sequential Gearbox
4 port AP racing calipers with cross drilled disc rotor
Body shell: Proton Iswara Converted to 4WD with Integral
multipoint roll cage and Heated laminated windscreen specially made by MSG.
80L bag type safety fuel tank.
Bilstien with Variable rate Springs and Liquid cooling system. Totally Fully Adjustable
6 Point Seat belt by Sabelt
Corbeau Race Seats
Rallymaster Trip Computer

p/s: Then they move to more powerful machine, that EVO 3 oso cannot beat! U name it... until... Someone has protest to the FIA. Now the Iswara were banned from any WRC!

Last edited by HangPC2 on 27-6-2013 03:05 PM

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-8-2007 02:48 AM | Show all posts
2000 Group N Proton PERT 4WD Turbo (APRC)

Last edited by HangPC2 on 27-6-2013 03:05 PM

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-8-2007 02:57 AM | Show all posts
2001 Group N Proton PERT 4WD Turbo (APRC)

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-8-2007 03:21 AM | Show all posts
2002 Group N Proton PERT 4WD Turbo (APRC)

2002 Group N Proton PERT 4WD Turbo (WRC)

Last edited by HangPC2 on 27-6-2013 03:18 PM

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-8-2007 03:36 AM | Show all posts
2003 Group N Proton PERT 4WD Turbo (APRC)

2003 Group N Proton PERT 4WD Turbo (WRC)

Specification

Make: Proton PERT

Model: 2.0 Group N, Turbocharged 4WD

Engine: 4G63, 4 Cylinders, 1998cc, 16 valve DOHC, Turbocharged, Intercooled  
Max. Output (est.): 201kW/5000 rpm, (270hp/5000 rpm)

Max.Torque (est.): 400lb-ft/3800 rpm, (543Nm/3800 rpm)

Fuel System: Multi-Point Fuel Injection

Fuel Tank Capacity: 80 Litres

Transmission: 5 Speed Standard Full Synchromesh
Full Time 4WD System with Front and Rear Limited Slip Differential
Weight 1271 kg

Bodyshell : Steel Monocoque/Unitary Construction
Seam Welded and Double Stitched with Gp.N Spec.
Multi Point Rollover Protection Cage
Aluminum Front Bonnet and Fenders  

Suspension(Front/Rear): PROFLEX Shocks and KING SPRINGS
Variable Rate Springs
Full Variable Adjustment Shock Rates for Fast and Slow Speed on Bump and Rebound, Adjustable Coil Spring Platform and Stabilizer Bar

Brakes (Front/Rear): Standard 2 Pot Calipers with 14" ventilated Disc
Standard Calipers with 14" ventilated Disc  

Tyre Size: 195/65R15 YOKOHAMA Advan Rally Spec.
(Medium or Soft Compounds)

Wheel Size: COMPOMOTIVE 15 x 16 JJ

Remarks: Group N Spec. Suspension Arms.

RALLIART Hardened Suspension Bushes
Relocated Kevlar Bladder Racing Fuel Cell
Motec Programmable Engine Control Unit
RECARO Kevlar Bucket Seats with Aluminum Brackets
CORELBA C-Giant Trip Computer
KENWOOD 2-Way Radio Communication System
2-Way Driver-Navigator System
LIFELINE Plumbed-In Fire Extinguisher System
SABELT 6-Point Safety Harness for Driver and Navigator
PIAA 140W Driving Lights
HELLA Predator Xenon Lights in Carbon Fiber Pods

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 25-8-2007 03:57 AM | Show all posts
2004 Group N Proton PERT 4WD Turbo (WRC)

Specification

Make:        Proton PERT

Model:        2.0 Group N, Turbocharge 4WD

Weight:        1,271 kg
Engine:        4G63, 4 Cylinders, 1998cc, 16-valve DOHC, Turbocharged, Intercooled
Performance:
Max. Output (est.):        201kW / 5000rpm (270hp / 5000rpm)
Max. Torque (est.):        400lb-ft / 3800rpm (543Nm / 3800rpm)
Chassis and Fuel:
Fuel System:        Multi-Point Fuel Injection
Fuel Tank Capacity:         80 Litres
Transmission:        

* 5 Speed Standard Full Synchromesh
    * Full Time 4WD System with Front and Rear Limited Slip Differential

Bodyshell:        

* Steel Monocoque / Unitary Construction
    * Seam Welded and Double Stitched with Gp. N Spec.
    * Multi Point Rollover Protection Cage Aluminium Front Bonnet and Fender

Suspension:
Suspension (Front / Rear):        

* PROFLEX Shocks and KING SPRINGS
    * Variable Rate Springs Full Variable Adjustment Shock Rates for Fast and Slow Speed on Rump and Rebound
    * Adjustable Coil Spring Platform and Stabilizer Bar

Brakes & Wheels:
Brakes (Front):        Standard 2 Pot Calipers with 14" Ventilated Disc
Brakes (Rear):        Standard Calipers with 14" Ventilated Disc
Tyre Size & Make:        195/65R15 / YOKOHAMA Advan Rally Spec. (Medium or Soft Compounds)
Wheel Size:         COMPOMOTIVE 15 x 6JJ
Remarks :

* Group N Spec. Suspension Arms
    * RALLIART Hardened Suspension Bushes
    * Relocated Kevlar Bladder Racing Fuel Cell
    * MOTEC Programmable Engine Control Unit
    * RECARO Kevlar Bucket Seats with Aluminium Brackets
    * CORELBA C-Giant Trip Computer
    * KENWOOD 2-Way Radio Communication System
    * 2-Way Driver-Navigator Intercom System
    * LIFELINE Plumbed-In Fire Extinguisher System
    * SABELT 6-Point Safety Harness for Driver and Navigator
    * PIAA 140W Driving Lights
    * HELLA Predator Xenon Lights in Carbon Fiber Pod

[ Last edited by  HangPC2 at 21-4-2009 00:22 ]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-8-2007 05:54 AM | Show all posts
2005 Proton Waja PERT

Specification

Engine:
Model 4G63 Type 4 Cylinders, 16-valve
DOHC - Intercooled twinscroll turbocharger
(Post Combustion Control System)
Fuel System ECI Multi - Injection
Bore x Stroke 85.0 mm x 88.0mm
Displacement 1,997 cc
Max. Output 217 kW / 295 ps / 6,000 rpm
Max. Torque 539 Nm / 55 Kgm / 3,500 rpm

Clutch: Single Plate Dry Clutch
Transmission:5 speed Manual
4 WD System: Passive Control Transfer Unit
Front Diff: Passive Control Locking System
Rear Diff: Passive Control Locking System
Suspension: Front : Independent - MacPherson Strut with coil spring
Suspension: Rear : Independent multi -link with coil spring
Damper: PROFLEX with adjustable system
Steering: Power assisted rack & pinion
Brake: Front : Ventilated discs with 4 -pot calipers
Rear: Ventilated discs with 4 - pot calipers
Tyre: Falken
Wheel: BSA 219 Vacuum Sputtering Coating (VSC)

Sic Autofiesta

Petronas F1 Demo KLCC

Last edited by HangPC2 on 27-6-2013 03:53 PM

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 25-8-2007 09:36 AM | Show all posts

Reply #4 HangPC2's post

ni pakai keta ptoton ker.. nampak cam honda jer...

neeway soo proud of karamjit...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-8-2007 10:50 AM | Show all posts
2003 Modenas GP 125 (Prototype)

Last edited by HangPC2 on 27-6-2013 04:02 PM

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-8-2007 10:50 AM | Show all posts
2001 Petronas GP1 (Prototypes)

Last edited by HangPC2 on 27-6-2013 04:03 PM

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-8-2007 11:32 AM | Show all posts
Proton Satria NEO R3 (Race Version)

MME Practice (24/8/2007)

Credit

satrianeoclub.com.my

Last edited by HangPC2 on 27-6-2013 04:04 PM

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-8-2007 08:41 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-8-2007 09:05 PM | Show all posts
Petronas E01e

Use magic Report

Post time 25-8-2007 11:02 PM | Show all posts
petronas syntium proton dan foggy petronas racing xde ke?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-8-2007 01:58 AM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by HangPC2 at 30-7-2009 23:54

Jazeman all set to make history in the MME race

Friday August 24, 2007

By LIM TEIK HUAT

PETALING JAYA: In a twist of events on the final day of registration yesterday, Malaysian racing wonderkid Jazeman Jaafar is set to become the youngest driver in history to race in the Petronas Primax 3 Merdeka Millennium Endurance (MME) race.

The 14-year-old Jazeman will be driving a Lotus Exige 300RR  the car that won Tengku Djan Ley Tengku Mahaleel and the Proton R3 Motorsports the overall titles in 2005 and 2006.

Jazeman, who has an international Class C racing licence under special exemption by the FIA, will take the seat reserved for Tengku Djan, who until yesterday was provisionally registered to team up with three-time winner Tommy Lee and Singaporean Billy Ng.

The events secretary, Ma#hah Hashim, said that they received the Proton R3 Motorsports entry yesterday and Tengku Djan was listed to drive in Class C in a Satria Neo with Faidzil Alang and Sutan Mustafa Salihin.

Lets roll: Jazeman Jaafar is all smiles now that he will become the youngest driver to take part in the Merdeka Millennium Endurance Race at the Sepang Circuit this weekend.

In place of Tengku Djan's name in Class O, we received the entry of Jazeman, she said.

Jazeman participation in the MME will, without doubt, increase interest among local racing fans, who see the Form Two student of Sri Cempaka School as Malaysian brightest prospect in motor racing.

Jazeman, who is the first Malaysian to score a win in the Formula BMW Asia Series, is firmly on track to achieving his dream of becoming an F1 driver by the age of 22.

He made a big impression in his first year in the Series and he trails championships leader and Meritus Racing team-mate James Grunwell by just one point.

It all happened two days ago when Tommy called me and I took a day to weigh up everything before deciding to take up the challenge,I said Jazeman.

I am just 14 and I would need to gather experience as much as I can now to further improve on my racing skills. I have driven a standard Lotus a couple of times around the Sepang track. Basically, the race craft will be the same like the Formula machine. I don't see any problem.

Tengku Djan confirmed that he would carry his challenge in the race in a Satria Neo. his is in line with what we announced at the conclusion of last years race that Proton R3 Motorsports would be concentrating in the lower classes B and C this year. Our focus will be in Class C, which we aim to win this year,I said Tengku Djan, who heads Proton Motorsports Division.

-The Star-

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 26-8-2007 11:45 AM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by HangPC2 at 31-7-2009 00:18

Tengku Djan goes into unchartered territories

Overall winners in the past two years, Tengku Djan Ley Tengku Mahaleel ventured into unchartered territories in Sepang Merdeka Millennium Endurance Race this year; driving a 1600cc Proton Satria Neo and facing his toughest battle ever in his participation of the 12-hour endurance race.

Declining to predict the outcome of his battle among the 1600cc machines in Class C, Tengku Djan, who is partnering Faidzil Alang and Sutan Mustafa Salihin, said that it was going to be a very tough competition in view of the close contest among the Class C runners over the years in the MME.

The 2007 race will be no different for Class C. It's going to be close and we should see an exciting race among the Class C runners, I said Djan, who also said the battle for the overall honours would be as close as well and that that the top three teams should be finishing on the same lap after 12 hours of racing.

The (BMW) Z4 was very fast in the wet yesterday. The Porsche RSR machines will be fast in the dry  it's going to be one fierce battle to the end. I see the top three teams finishing on the same number of laps at the end of the race, he said.

With former F1 driver and endurance race king Hans Joachim Stuck, Johannes Stuck and Malaysian Japan Super Taikyu driver Fariqe Hairuman driving the BMW Z4 Coupe, the Petronas Syntium Racing Team is regarded as the hot favourites for the 2007 Petronas Primax 3 Merdeka Millennium Endurance Race.

A total of 100 cars had registered for the race, which would be flagged off at 11am tomorrow (Saturday, August 25) by Deputy Youth and Sports Minister Datuk Liow Tiong Lai. However, only the 77 fastest cars would be starting the race as according to their classes.

The Proton Motorsports Division head also made clear that he had no problems competing in lower tier Class C; stressing that his mission this year was as important as the teams objectives in their victorious races in 2005 and 2006.

The first year in 2005 was to win the overall title; the second year was to defend it and now in the third, we aim to capture the Class C title as we had announced last year after winning our second title. We were third last year and the mission this year is to better that result,I said Djan when met after completing his qualifying session at Sepang Circuit today.

In the absence of Djan, Faidzil Alang and Australian Damien French, the winning Lotus Exige 300RR machine would be driven by Malaysian racing wonderkid Jazeman Jaafar, three-time MME winner Tommy Lee and Bill Ng of Singapore.

Going in as the first driver for Team Proton R3 Motorsports on a wet track, Djan was ninth fastest among 29 runners with a time of 2 minute 40.175 seconds. Kenny Lee was fastest with a time of 2 minutes 36.183 seconds in a Toyota Corolla AE101.

The track was damped and slippery and the rain last night had washed away the rubber off the track. But, I guessed everybody else was also facing the same problem,I said Djan, who said based on a simulation exercise undertaken by the Proton R3 Racing Team, the Satria Neo should be completing 271 laps if everything goes according to plan.

If we were able to complete 271 laps after the 12 hours, I would be very happy no matter where we finished. But, if managed 271 laps, we should be among the top finishers in Class C,I said Djan, who completed the same number of laps in his Lotus Exige 300RR machine.

For that race, however, Djan, Faidzil and French, had to run in six hours of rain including three hours of heavy downpour that saw many cars skidding into the gravel bed and bumping into one in what is regarded as the most challenging MME race since its inception in 2000.

-Terato.com-

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-8-2007 11:52 AM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by HangPC2 at 31-7-2009 01:29

JAZEMAN HAVING ONE GREAT TIME AT THE MERDEKA ENDURANCE RACE

Win or lose, Malaysian racing sensation Jazeman Jaafar says that the 2007 Petronas Primax 3 Merdeka Millennium Endurance has provided a valuable experience for him and that it would significantly enhance his motor racing career.

Without doubt, the event has been a good learning curve for me. I am enjoying myself here and I will try to learn as much as possible. It has been one great, fun experience,I said Jazeman, who started the race for his Proton R3 Motorsports by virtue of being fastest among his team mates in qualifying yesterday.

I did not only surprise everybody. I even surprised myself,I said the 14-year old Form Two student of Sekolah Sri Cempaka in Damansara, who clocked 2 minutes 15.052 seconds in qualifying yesterday to upstage three-time MME winner Tommy Lee and Bill Ng of Singapore.

Everybody came to me to congratulate me I was very surprised with the time,I said Jazeman, known for his prowess in go-karts and single-seater racing and is currently leading the Formula BMW Asia Series 2007 with his CIMB Team Qi-Meritus.

Met at the start of the 12-hour endurance race in Sepang, Jazeman, who started from fifth on the grid, declined to make any predictions except that it was going to be a very tough race and that in a 12-hour racing, anything can happen.

I will my very best to achieve the best results possible for the team. I thanked them for this opportunity to race in the great event for the very first time. I sincerely hope to be racing again in the MME next year, said Jazeman.

Entering its eighth edition, the 2007 Petronas Primax 3 Merdeka Millennium Endurance Race was flagged off by Deputy Youth and Sports Datuk Liow Tiong Lai and attended by AAM President Tunku Datuk Mudzaffar Tunku Mustafa and Motorsports Commission of Malaysia Datuk Azman Yahya.

Competing against the big boys of track racing, Jazeman said that he did not feel of having any disadvantage as a 14-year old boy on the grid except that he would be competing against very experienced drivers.

Never in my life that I would be sharing the same track with drivers like Hans Stuck and all the top Malaysian drivers including my manager Firhat Mokhzani as well. It's indeed a privilege and honour and I am very happy that I am part of this event, he added.

Firhat, the team manager of CIMB Team Qi-Meritus, said he was not at all surprised with the performance of Jazeman in qualifying yesterday.

We know that he is a very talented and a very good driver. But, we must always remember that he is only 14 years old. I hope that he will not be pushing himself too hard at this race. But, I think he should be okay, said Firhat.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-8-2007 12:47 PM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by HangPC2 at 1-8-2009 12:03

Proton Waja R3 RWD SSO

Keiichi Tsuchiya

Use magic Report

Post time 27-8-2007 04:35 PM | Show all posts
nape aku tgk macam evo jek yang proton pakai 2???

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

29-3-2024 03:36 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.078974 second(s), 45 queries .