Post time 10-5-2007 09:44 PM | Show all posts

Reply #40 Debmey's post

WIPED OUT BY THE HDB BOY...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

handell008 This user has been deleted
Post time 11-5-2007 03:40 AM | Show all posts

Reply #41 razhar's post

U see thats about right. A ratio of 1 : 5. At the same time, compare  with the size of the two nations. Egypt is far larger in terms of population and territory.

Secondly, it a matter of fact that Arab forces is more than willing to sacrifice huge forces for strategic gains. Hence, the ratio above applies.

Thirdly, Israel survived due to US resupply. Without it, Israel may have to resort to nuclear strikes to halt Arab advances. That would destroy all including Israel.

In summation, looking a the ratio, Arab forces may be willing to lose more than Israel. Israel depends on its experience tank crews. Losing them, would reduce their advantage. This also applies to aircrews.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 11-5-2007 09:58 AM | Show all posts

Reply #42 handell008's post

See my post no #15

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 11-5-2007 05:32 PM | Show all posts
One of Egyptian battle victories & later the tactic used in the battle (ATGM) perfected by Hizb in recent war with Israel

At about 1200hrs Amir's brigade was engaged by hundreds of Egytian infantry who emerged from sand dunes to fire anti-tank weapons at short range.

One Israeli officer recalled: 'In the distance I saw speck dotted on the sand dunes. I couldn't make out what they were. As we got closer, I thought they looked like tree stumps. They were motionless and scattered across the terrain ahead of us, I got on the intercom and asked the tanks ahead what they made or it. One of my tank commanders radioed back, "My God. they're not tree stumps. They're men!" For a moment I couldn't understand. What were men doing out there - quite still -when we were advancing in our tank toward them? Suddenly all hell broke loose. A barrage of missiles was being fired at us. Many of our tanks were hit. We had never come up against anything like this before.'

Amir's leading battalions withdrew, leaving at least 12 blazing tank behind. Meanwhile, Gonen's headquarters was labouring under the illusion that everything was going according to plan. At 1100hrs Sharon was ordered to move southwards to the Gidi Pass sector, ready to be unleashed against the Egyptian 3rd Army.

In the early afternoon Adan ordered an attack by Nir's and Amir's brigades towards the Firdan Bridge. They advanced against Egyptian 2nd Infantry Division, which was reinforced by Second Amy's anti-tank reserves, without supporting infantry. Nir's brigade got to within 1,000m (1,094 yards) of the canal when it was hit by anti-tank fire that destroyed 18 tanks. When he finally extricated his brigade, Nir had only four tanks with him.

Osprey Campaign : The Yom Kippur War In 1973 (2) Sinai

Simon Dunstan

Use magic Report

handell008 This user has been deleted
Post time 11-5-2007 08:59 PM | Show all posts
Anybody heard about the Battle of Sultan Ya'quob? it was the first encounter between Merkava and T-72. Between Israel and Syria in 1982 in a strecth of road in lebanon.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 12-5-2007 10:14 AM | Show all posts

Reply #45 handell008's post

Battle of Sultan Ya'quob pun ada 2 versi, aku rase sesuai kalau ko bukak new thread

Use magic Report

Follow Us
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

25-4-2024 09:33 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.117736 second(s), 28 queries .