CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 2247|Reply: 0

Neglected people in Sabah

[Copy link]
Post time 24-3-2007 11:04 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
JK's Digest No. 13 of March 2007 (39 of 2007) Are we NOT worth more than little puppies?
Why are we here, may I ask?
Today at TV3, at the 8 p.m. prime news, there is a rather long segment on a rural area at Kadamaian where the pitiful state was exposed. Narrow unsealed mountainous winding pebbles roads and when people become sick it is very difficult to get to the clinic. The very young children were telling us that they have to walk long journey to the nearest schools too tired, too hungry and weak to study when they arrive at the school. The teacher/adult was saying the schooling facilities are little huts and lacking all basic essentials. Self pity is not going any way. Wake up.
So where do we go from there and yet the Assemblyman was hoping that their needs would be handled by 9th Malaysia Plan.
Actually all those false hopes are only applicable to this village but repeated in all similar villages in very rural Sabah. So how much do we really need to revert such neglect over the decades? What are the leaders and the elected Assemblymen doing? Too scared to demand for basic needs.
I tell you my 7 weeks old puppies are already demanding so many things from me by making all sorts of body language. The puppies demand for adequate food, for freedom of the chain, for time to play with me. So aren't those children in both the rural and urban areas more important than the puppies in society? Why are the parents so scared to ask in your homeland?
The reality is that Sabah has been neglected since 1963 by both Federal and State leaders for fear of their own interests. The Federal leaders would attend to their domestic needs lest they lose power. So the State needs are ignored. The local state leaders are so scared to ask for Federal fundings for reasons best known to them. Maybe the little funds that come their ways for the last 8 Malaysia Plans have been abused for personal gains. We have observed how the State has been overrun in all ways since 1963.
Actually we have to keep on fighting for our rights in Malaysia. Hence I had submitted to the International Crime Court (ICC) for crimes against humanity in Sabah in two major counts namely Ethnic Cleansing and Apartheid Phenomenon committed by the Federal Government. For these two counts, compensation of at least RM40 billions is demanded to be held in a Trust. I had also submitted to the ICC two other complaints namely Philippine Claim on Sabah and Indonesia Confrontation causing so much rampage in Sabah worth compensation of RM40 billions each.
So I call upon sincere people to support my complaints to ICC so that we can get back what are rightly ours.
If we do not demand for compensation based on Malaysia Agreement exacerbated by ethnic cleansing and apartheid phenomenon, the money would be all spent elsewhere in Peninsula. There are too many big holes to patch in and around Kuala Lumpur in so many weird developments like the Johore major floods and now the landslide in Putrajaya disabling the multi-storeyed housing quarters in segment 11 of precinct 9.

Sabah had been losers for decades and it is now that we demand our rights as 1 in 4 or (1 in 3 after Singapore) rather than 1 in 13.
Joshua Kong
(proponent of MIGS and WON)
http://mega-icc-group-sabah-migs.blogspot.com/ http://won-borneo.blogspot.com/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

20-4-2024 06:14 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.050999 second(s), 27 queries .