CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

12Next
Return to list New
View: 6231|Reply: 36

who are really the Malays in Ketuanan Melayu?

[Copy link]
Post time 22-3-2007 04:35 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
http://www.sabrizain.demon.co.uk/malaya/malays4.htm
The origins of the word 'Melayu'
Melayu or Malayu was the name of an ancient kingdom located at the mouth of the Batang Hari, a river in Jambi, a province on the eastern coast of southern Sumatra. In fact, the names 'Melayu' and 'Jambi' are frequently interchangeable in many historical texts. The word 'Malayu' was also found inscribed on a statue dated around 1286 AD, found in Padang Rocore, near the mouth of the river.
The kingdom of Melayu maintained relations with the mighty kingdoms of Majapahit, Singasari and her neighbour Sri Vijaya. The Chinese monk I-Tsing, who studied in Sri Vijaya,in fact noted that Melayu " is now the country of Sri Vijaya". Scholars have differed in their interpretations of this remark ; certainly the relationship between Melayu and Sriwijaya was a very close one, although there were some period of Melayu's independence when Sri Vijaya was based in nearby Palembang.
References alluding to the word 'Melayu' can also be found in ancient writings from other sources. There were references to minerals from the kingdom of "Mo-lo-yeu' in Chinese records of the 7th century AD (the same period where I-Tsing made his references to Ma La Yu), with various other Chinese records refer to 'Ma Li Yi Er' and 'Wu Lai Yu'. Marco Polo referred to an area somewhere in southern part of the Malay peninsula as "Malauir'.
Another theory is that 'melayu' means 'run' in both Javanese and Mandailing and 'Tanah Melayu' refers to the 'land of refugees'. A major supporter of the 'refugee' theory is the Portuguese historianTome Pires. In his Suma Oriental, the earliest ever written account of Malay history by a European, he writes of Parameswara's first arrival in Bertam after fleeing Singapore: "The said Parameswara told the Celates (Orang Selat) 'You already know that in our language a man who runs away is called a Malayo, and since you bring such fruit to me who have fled, let this place be called Malaqa, which means ''hidden fugitive''.....
Though not a popular theory, there may be some basis to it. Like the much later Chinese and Indian immigrants to the peninsula, people have been running away from poverty, wars, invaders, pestilence, famine, natural disasters and oppressive rulers since the beginning of time. With long, constant wars taking place between powerful kingdoms in both Sumatra and Java, but relatively few wars on the Peninsula, it must have appeared a safe haven to many ancient peoples in the archipelago. If one were to be a poor padi farmer constantly robbed and looted by the marauding armies of Srivijaya, Majapahit, Jambi, Chola and countless others, it would probably be quite sensible to pack up and move to somewhere relatively safer and quieter - and where better than the Peninsula, where there were no large, powerful kingdoms to conquer, and no large cities to pillage and burn.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 22-3-2007 05:23 PM | Show all posts
heyy.... are you goin to initiate another may13th?

the malays have their special rights.... so wat? take it as a challenge
to make yourself work harder to stay ahead with them.... pressure and challenge
makes you stronger...... dont you agree??

the may 13 in msia not tat bad...
the chinese massacre in indonesia bout 10 years ago are worse....
you wan tat to happen too in malaysia in near future??

non-bumi politicain tries to raise this issues b4 and failed.... from complaining and
start racial war, why not try to live in peace? work harder to succeed without
the special rights......

talks to some fanatics are just pointless.....

Use magic Report

Post time 22-3-2007 05:25 PM | Show all posts
if you cant change the wind then change the sails........

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 23-3-2007 08:17 AM | Show all posts

go on to change the world

HISTORY not to be repeated

Use magic Report

Post time 23-3-2007 03:33 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by 13Friday at 23-3-2007 08:17 AM
HISTORY not to be repeated

YEAP.... history not to be repeated.... the history is may 13......
do you want tat to happen in the near future??
previous leader come out with this ketuanan malayu to protect and ensure malay rights.....

if tat is taken away now, i am sure riot will occur and blood will flow like river.....

compare the minorities at other country.... i can say the minorities in malaysia are better off than minorities
of other counties....

Use magic Report

Post time 23-3-2007 03:48 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by 13Friday at 23-3-2007 08:17 AM
go on to change the world

change the way you think then change yourself then change your surrounding and then only change the world!

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 23-3-2007 04:46 PM | Show all posts

History is not my views

why so unsure of the deception that we all go through.

It is in the history and we have to address that history on level ground.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 23-3-2007 04:54 PM | Show all posts

living in fear

not good for anyone as the costs is too much for now and into the future.

social ills aplenty is exactly the backlash of such injustice because of ketuanan Melayu.

so down , down to oblivion ,,,,soon.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 23-3-2007 06:11 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by 13Friday at 23-3-2007 04:46 PM
why so unsure of the deception that we all go through.

It is in the history and we have to address that history on level ground.

wat deception do you mean??

wat i see is a balance.... jz tat some politicians over do it.....

balance is takin from non-bumis n give to the bumis...... tis is ketuanan melayu......

i think tis ketuanan thing happens in other country also.....
on europe.... as well as america....... in dubai.....

as long as as they did not take 99% then so be it......

social ills ??? wat social ills?? massacre??
ketuanan melayu is here to prevent that happens.....

indonesia do not have tat... tat`s why the massacre worse than may 13 happens.........
look at the indo chinese... the chinese are not allowed to speak mandarin... their name must have malay names.....

we are better off in msia..... we have the freedom to speak our language.... have the originality of our names....
so, y complain? i am not politicians... i`m not sure bout u....

wat i see the social ills in msia are not aftermath of ketuanan melayu..... but from drugs, crime, gangsterism, rape, murder..
which of the social ills above are the result of ketuanan melayu??

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 23-3-2007 08:16 PM | Show all posts

ugly ghosts to haunt in 21st century

http://www.sabrizain.demon....
read there.

In the Hands of the Malays
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extracts from the book by G. A, Henty 'In the Hands of the Malays' First published in 1905, 'In the Hands of the Malays' is set in the Malay archipelago during the Dutch period and vividly describes

the scourge of Malay piracy

that preyed upon shipping in the Straits. The book's hero, a young Dutch lieutenant by the name of van Houten, leads a squadron of ships to hunt down the dreaded Malay pirate leader, the Sea Tiger. However, his ships are overrun by the Malays and he himself is held captive by the noble savage. Van Houten, however, makes a daring escape, just in time to help save Batavia from an attack by the pirates and put an end to the Sea Tiger's reign of terror.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 23-3-2007 08:20 PM | Show all posts

why, how, when what are in this?

drugs, crime, gangsterism, rape, murder..

AND MORE ....

the spoilt people can  become more spolit beyond recognition.

power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

sad to see that and don't accept the deceptions...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 23-3-2007 08:33 PM | Show all posts

the REAL Malay

http://www.sabrizain.demon.co.uk/malaya/malays2.htm

see the normal behaviour as vengeance....

extract----
A Malay is intolerant of insult or slight; it is something that to him should be wiped out in blood. He will brood over a real or fancied stain on his honour until he is possessed by the desire for revenge. If he cannot wreak it on the offender, he will strike out at the first human being that comes in his way, male or female, old or young. It is this state of blind fury, this vision of blood, that produces the amok. The Malay has often be called treacherous. I question whether he deserves the reproach more then other men. He is courteous and expects courtesy in return, and he understands only one method of avenging personal insults.

[ Last edited by  13Friday at 23-3-2007 08:35 PM ]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 23-3-2007 09:14 PM | Show all posts

Here is a piece for good

http://malaysia-today.net/blog2006/newsncom.php?itemid=3325
23/03: Racial Melting Pot on the Boil
{{{{ We coexist, even live together but we live separately in our own worlds," said opposition lawmaker Kula Segaran from the minority Indian community that makes up about 8 percent of the population of 26 million and is the most disadvantaged economically.

"The outward peace and stability is not built on justice or meritocracy but made possible by fear and other drastic measures," Segaran told IPS. "An expanding economy with tremendous wealth creation had hid the warts...as the economy slows, the warts are surfacing.''}}}}

That is the deception  [[outward peace and stability]] we must deal without FEAR or favour by the new generation led by the matured adults in a level playing field.

You think God is not watching us!!!!!!!

Use magic Report

Post time 23-3-2007 10:53 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by 13Friday at 23-3-2007 08:20 PM
drugs, crime, gangsterism, rape, murder..

AND MORE ....

the spoilt people can  become more spolit beyond recognition.

power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

sad to see that and don't accept the deceptions...

i could not agree more... but know wat? from my point of view, those politician always raise the racist card and let the
people play the game.... the different race can live in harmony if those issues are not constantly raised.....

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-3-2007 01:37 AM | Show all posts

How to go on living

Like in deception as in the final analysis
there is no two answers --

simply DOOM for all.

Use magic Report

Post time 8-4-2007 09:34 PM | Show all posts

Reply #15 13Friday's post

what`s in your mind but anticipating judgement day?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 8-4-2007 10:51 PM | Show all posts

The Bible

the Holy BOOK tells us about the doom to come
and how to be prepared for that.

[ Last edited by  13Friday at 8-4-2007 11:00 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 8-4-2007 11:00 PM | Show all posts

Reply #17 13Friday's post

woww...............

i bet you must be well prepared then....

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-4-2007 11:15 PM | Show all posts

every day is a new day

Originally posted by wei_loon5063 at 8-4-2007 11:00 PM
woww...............

i bet you must be well prepared then....

we should be ever ready because the more we do for Kingdom on earth and heaven
we are nearer to that.

Use magic Report

Post time 8-4-2007 11:28 PM | Show all posts

Reply #19 13Friday's post

ic... can i ask you something??

why there is a difference in between christian protestan and christian catholic?
many christain refuse to explain to me why...
hope you could explain it to me...

i once said sorry to a christain friend over the death of pope john paul and he replied to me " i do not care, i am no catholic... "

why is it so?

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

29-3-2024 09:55 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.155734 second(s), 46 queries .