Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 2764|Reply: 5

dogs in year of dogs 2006/7

[Copy link]
Post time 12-2-2007 07:20 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Unable to forget merciless killing of dogs
I AM compelled to express my shock and revulsion at a very cruel and tragic incident of which my family and I were unintentional witnesses to on the morning of 26 January, 2007 at approximately 11.30am at the proposed Tanjung Aru Park.
We saw to our immense horror how the local municipality shot down a few strays and even speared one of the dogs and the poor animal was howling in pain. Horrendous! They were still alive when they were dragged to the truck.
The sheer cruel killing by the authorities of these dispossessed animals who are only at fault through the ignorance of mankind is appalling!
As an educated society in a fast developing country, surely by now some stringent measures should already be in place by the local authorities pertaining to home ownership and care of domesticated pets.
Until any such measures are in place, I am already perturbed to predict how many more of these brutal killings will take place should this issue of homeless canines not be resolved.
This distasteful incident has somehow stained the superb impression we have of Kota Kinabalu and has detracted from our holiday here.
We are not able to merge the warm and caring people we have met here with the utter ruthlessness and lack of compassion shown for the way these canines were killed this day.
Continuous killing will not bring an end to the challenging issues at hand and one would hope that a harmonious solution would be met through the collaboration of society at large and your local authorities.
Dr Orville Earhart, 497, Edgesware Road, Little Venice, London, W2 1TH.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 21-3-2007 03:47 PM | Show all posts

stop the killing

JK's Digest No. 8 of March 2007 (34 of 2007)  Dog as God's creature
10,000 stray dogs killed in Johor last year. (See the shocking story below).
I have written a letter in support of dogs as published in Daily Express 2003 but this is going to be a much longer article with depth.
Search our conscience, if dogs also God's creatures are meant to be shot just because they are the stray ones?  So are all animals and plants as flora and fauna to be destroyed as man's habitat expand or stray into the land once wilderness.
In the context of animal rights, have they lost that by being stray ones?
Imagine a land on earth once the garden of Eden so beautiful once complete with all the creatures of God including the Adam and Eve now depleted of all the endemic animals and  flowers and plants?   How would man survive in that kind of environment?
Consider the purpose of all fauna and flora on earth as they do have brought us so much benefits apart for the daily food for our survival, and yet many curse them to death especially when some misfortune happen to us.
Many misfortunes can happen to man from the animals wild and tame including our pets.  Many misfortunes can also happen to us with the use of herbs and drugs derived from the jungle and trees.  Do we blame them all the times for such misfortune?  Actually, we allowed some people to poison the foods we eat.
It is a fact in the world that many canine including pets have killed or mauled some toddlers and adults possibly due to the faults of ourselves.  The penalties for such canine attacks are death and they are normally shot or poisoned to sleep when such canine are detained.  But many human beings as murderers are still at large as we know many murder cases remain unsolved.  Who are they to be left to continue with their threats?
There are many poisonous plants in the wild, and do you want to destroy all of them when someone have been poisoned by misadventure of consuming them innocently?
Even the illicit drugs (from plants) also found in the wild but now cultivated in many countries to bring in the foreign exchange.  We all know such illicit drugs are killers of those who consume them knowingly.  The cultivators of such illicit drugs may not face death penalties and if that is the case, there may not be any more such planters around.  It is normally in some countries where the drugs traffickers face death sentence on conviction and that is only when arrested and charged in Courts of law.  Drug users killing themselves by overdose (sometimes) in the short and medium terms do not get death sentence in a Court of law for consumption  although suicide attempts can face heavy penalties.
So are we environmental friendly or hostile to the things around us?
Now the birds are considered carriers of the avian flu or bird flu and hundreds of millions of poultry worldwide had been culled as the only way to rid them from the human to be likely victims by consuming or handling the sick birds.   As the scenarios may worsened with the fatal prone H5N1 strain, it may come one day that all the birds or fowls on the ground and in the air be destroyed to keep human being away from the flu.  Do you know what the birds had been to the human race except for food?  I think without those birds, the land would be without those wide range of flora (flowers, greens, and fruits) that provide so much precious ingredients for our comfort.  So it is likely without those birds, our land can sooner become desert after wild fires destroying the jungles and the little forest left.
In short all the flora and fauna are part and parcel of our precious environment.
Animals - wild and tame are not only to be seen in zoos or safari parks.  Plants and trees are not only to be reserved in botanical gardens.  So human beings including refugees are also not to be confined to detention centre.  Nonetheless, local Sabahans in once peaceful land are now inside their own 'home prisons' fully grilled and gated while illegals (crimes prone) roam freely and some homes guarded by the most faithful and non-bribeable dogs as guard or watch dogs.  Nobody want to shot those illegal aliens no matter what they do including murders ( go undetected).

Why are we so important that we do not consider the rights of the animals in all the land -near and far?  The problem is that we do not learn how to handle the animals and in the same veins we do not know how to handle our food items to be safe  for our consumption.  While the demographic experts project a population of 9.2 billion in 2050, we may never reach that as many countries are faced with premature deaths in increasing numbers due to polluted foods and other accidents.
This is a personal experience that I have learned from the keeping of a few dogs for some years.  Yes, it can be quite cumbersome to keep them in the ways expected of us as part of the society.  It may cost you some financial outlay in keeping them healthy.  But the things that we can learn from the dogs seen or unseen can be tremendous in many aspects.  This can be easily a small book by itself.
By the way a big portion of the younger generation may not grow up in farmland as they would never know how to handle vegetable and poultry.  So what do you think they miss out except many are addicted to fast foods.

(see next part)

Pass this on if your conscience guide you.
Joshua Kong (proponent of MIGS and WON)
http://mega-icc-group-sabah-migs.blogspot.com/    http://won-borneo.blogspot.com/
Latest Book: Biodiversity Challenge-Haze Health Hell ISBN983-2653-24-X
Author of New Wealth Order, EPIC of Sabah, FIRE, Sabah Wealth - image of woods power,
EPIC of Sabah - 2nd Edition, Paper to Parliamentary Select Committee on Unity and National Service.
EPIC of Sabah - 3rd Ed., WATER, A tussle in biodiversity of two liquids - palm oil and water,
Sabah and Sarawak in Malaysia in 1963, A Paper to Parliamentary Select Committee on Integrity (2006).
http://www.e-borneo.com/col/jkong/

10,000 stray dogs killed in Johor last year  - Monday March 19, 2007

JOHOR BARU: Almost 10,000 stray dogs were killed last year in the state with the Housing and Local Government Committee promising to continue a systematic eradication of stray dogs.
Committee Chairman Datuk Halimah Sadique said that the exact number of stray dogs roaming the state could not be determined as population surveys were only conducted on food-animals.
"We are also not able to provide details on the total number of unlicensed dogs kept as pets," she said.
Providing the breakdown of the figures, she said that out of the 9,940 dogs destroyed, the local authorities had killed 8,947 animals while the Veterinary Services Department (VSD) had shot 993.
In her written reply at the assembly, Halimah explained that the local authorities and the VSD were the two agencies responsible for the licensing of pet dogs and shooting of stray dogs.
She was responding to a question by Layang Layang State Assemblyman Onn Mohd Yassin who queried what the state government was doing to overcome the problems brought on by stray dogs.
According to Halimah, some 5,722 dogs were licensed in the whole state last year with the local authorities responsible for licensing some 4,297 dogs while the VSD provided licenses for the remaining 1,425 dogs.
She also said that there was a critical shortage of dog shooters in the state, as only five shooters remained out of the 10 positions available under the VSD.
"We need to hire more dog shooters as three of them retired, one is unable to carry out his duties because of a medical condition and another has been suspended from work on a court order," she said.
She added that the local authorities did not have a single dog shooter of its own, but relied on shooters under the VSD whenever it conducted its operations.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 21-3-2007 03:49 PM | Show all posts

stop the killing - part 2

Actually dogs would not bite any body as the dogs know what is inside our hearts.  They only bite when they are themselves to be threatened.  The business of dogs is to bark and bite when necessary.  They are equipped by instincts to be useful for those who rear them, and so why are there so many stray ones then?
Sometimes it is easier to educate dogs when they do not go to schools but can understand the languages we use. As a puppy of a few weeks, even amongst eight of them, each would know their given names.  How do you explain that?
Actually dogs are only nuisance to many when they become stray.  Many also consider them nuisance even they are kept within the compound of the homes.  Why?  Man has all the funny or weird reasons for finding fault with so many things even amongst ourselves.
Lets go to some of the protests against dogs kept as pets or watch or guard dogs.  They may be a bit dirty to some neighbours for the dogs fouling the area.  There are some dogs who bark unceasingly especially during some hours in the nights.  But why do some dogs do that?  We may not see it but dogs have special gifts in sensing black magic or voodoo (many may denial that) in the wee hours and some hours during the daylight.  So why should the dogs be condemned for such barkings, when it is the bad people dabbling in black magic who should be punished?  So next time, you hear dogs doing that, please pray to God for comfort.  This is also one of the reasons some 'religious' people hate dogs again for reasons not known to the victims including dogs.  Sometimes, some people carry talisman, charms or jimat, and the dogs would sense that and bark until, such items are removed from the persons.  Actually after the fierce encounter with the dogs, the evil spirits attached with the charms would also disappear immediately so such talisman items become void.  That could costs some people lots of money to engage sorcerers.
So coming back to Johore with lesser dogs around, the place would be overwhelmed by evil spirits.  I can tell you I survived a terrible experience after I went into a Mercedes Benz taxi in Johore in 1996 for a round trip of RM40.  The driver with a skull cap began to do chanting strangely once on the wheel.  It was not only irritating but I could be robbed if I went into a trance.  Thank God, I could sustain that 'wild' experience as I also prayed in my heart and in my spirit by praying silently in my spiritual tongue asking Jesus to help me.  He even asked me if I wanted to go to the Muslim cemetery as part of the paid trip.   After an hour of suspense, and the driver sensing 'no impact' also let me out in the town.  I think I have the photograph of the driver somewhere.  Nevertheless, the next trip I went to Johore Baru, I managed to see this driver but I decided to shake his hand despite that bad experience.   I did that as an appreciation of our loving God who had kept me safe and victorious and not to antagonise even the innocent enemies as Jesus teaches us to love our enemies as our friends.  Surprisingly, the driver did not ask me if I wanted a taxi as he was waiting for clients.
Another lesson I want to give you if that dogs as faithful and non bribeable creatures would develop more determination when they are threatened by dogs haters.  Some people may want to hit some walls or thrown some stones against the dogs.  But the next time they see you they would bark even more fierce- so a vicious circle.  We need to be very tactful with any dog.
So dogs would bite for good reasons but we do not see and such dogs cannot defend themselves except sentenced to death when caught. I had this experience in my elections campaign in 1986 in Luyang 3 where I came to a house where the brother of the incumbent assemblyman (also in the contest).  The brother was washing his car and he urged the dog to 'greet' me when the gate was open.  I did not go in but the dog did come out to greet me and even kiss my angle. I know how to handle any dog and stay calm.  After kissing me, the dog went back to the house, end of the story and who was hurt?  I went on with the foot campaign trail alone.
We need to educate ourselves especially the young and the youth and the best approach is to start a dogs sanctuary within Kota Kinabalu and other major towns to keep ourselves alive amongst the special creatures of God.
We need to learn from the puppies, as they cry, then bark and then bite if necessary.  We have to cry to God before we do anything for ourselves and others.

http://mega-icc-group-sabah-migs.blogspot.com/    http://won-borneo.blogspot.com/
Author of New Wealth Order, EPIC of Sabah, FIRE, Sabah Wealth - image of woods power,
EPIC of Sabah - 2nd Edition, Paper to Parliamentary Select Committee on Unity and National Service.
EPIC of Sabah - 3rd Ed., WATER, A tussle in biodiversity of two liquids - palm oil and water,
Sabah and Sarawak in Malaysia in 1963, A Paper to Parliamentary Select Committee on Integrity (2006).

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 21-3-2007 03:49 PM | Show all posts

Actually dogs would not bite any body as the dogs know what is inside our hearts.  They only bite when they are themselves to be threatened.  The business of dogs is to bark and bite when necessary.  They are equipped by instincts to be useful for those who rear them, and so why are there so many stray ones then?
Sometimes it is easier to educate dogs when they do not go to schools but can understand the languages we use. As a puppy of a few weeks, even amongst eight of them, each would know their given names.  How do you explain that?
Actually dogs are only nuisance to many when they become stray.  Many also consider them nuisance even they are kept within the compound of the homes.  Why?  Man has all the funny or weird reasons for finding fault with so many things even amongst ourselves.
Lets go to some of the protests against dogs kept as pets or watch or guard dogs.  They may be a bit dirty to some neighbours for the dogs fouling the area.  There are some dogs who bark unceasingly especially during some hours in the nights.  But why do some dogs do that?  We may not see it but dogs have special gifts in sensing black magic or voodoo (many may denial that) in the wee hours and some hours during the daylight.  So why should the dogs be condemned for such barkings, when it is the bad people dabbling in black magic who should be punished?  So next time, you hear dogs doing that, please pray to God for comfort.  This is also one of the reasons some 'religious' people hate dogs again for reasons not known to the victims including dogs.  Sometimes, some people carry talisman, charms or jimat, and the dogs would sense that and bark until, such items are removed from the persons.  Actually after the fierce encounter with the dogs, the evil spirits attached with the charms would also disappear immediately so such talisman items become void.  That could costs some people lots of money to engage sorcerers.
So coming back to Johore with lesser dogs around, the place would be overwhelmed by evil spirits.  I can tell you I survived a terrible experience after I went into a Mercedes Benz taxi in Johore in 1996 for a round trip of RM40.  The driver with a skull cap began to do chanting strangely once on the wheel.  It was not only irritating but I could be robbed if I went into a trance.  Thank God, I could sustain that 'wild' experience as I also prayed in my heart and in my spirit by praying silently in my spiritual tongue asking Jesus to help me.  He even asked me if I wanted to go to the Muslim cemetery as part of the paid trip.   After an hour of suspense, and the driver sensing 'no impact' also let me out in the town.  I think I have the photograph of the driver somewhere.  Nevertheless, the next trip I went to Johore Baru, I managed to see this driver but I decided to shake his hand despite that bad experience.   I did that as an appreciation of our loving God who had kept me safe and victorious and not to antagonise even the innocent enemies as Jesus teaches us to love our enemies as our friends.  Surprisingly, the driver did not ask me if I wanted a taxi as he was waiting for clients.
Another lesson I want to give you if that dogs as faithful and non bribeable creatures would develop more determination when they are threatened by dogs haters.  Some people may want to hit some walls or thrown some stones against the dogs.  But the next time they see you they would bark even more fierce- so a vicious circle.  We need to be very tactful with any dog.
So dogs would bite for good reasons but we do not see and such dogs cannot defend themselves except sentenced to death when caught. I had this experience in my elections campaign in 1986 in Luyang 3 where I came to a house where the brother of the incumbent assemblyman (also in the contest).  The brother was washing his car and he urged the dog to 'greet' me when the gate was open.  I did not go in but the dog did come out to greet me and even kiss my angle. I know how to handle any dog and stay calm.  After kissing me, the dog went back to the house, end of the story and who was hurt?  I went on with the foot campaign trail alone.
We need to educate ourselves especially the young and the youth and the best approach is to start a dogs sanctuary within Kota Kinabalu and other major towns to keep ourselves alive amongst the special creatures of God.
We need to learn from the puppies, as they cry, then bark and then bite if necessary.  We have to cry to God before we do anything for ourselves and others.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 21-3-2007 03:50 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-3-2007 10:58 AM | Show all posts

why howling?

JK's Digest No. 17 of March 2007 (43 of 2007) The question of dogs howling

LAST CALL  to keep the dogs.

SAD but true that dogs are here to cry first (as puppies), then bark and also howl possibly biting (adult).

It is a mirror of society for things we do not understand and do not see.
So are we start to shooting them for 'sport', for hate or simply ignorance?  Johore did that on 10,000
dogs strayed or otherwise.  Some dogs may not be stray but just went out for a walk (AWOL) and got lost.  
Why howling as in Tanjung Aru (DE hotline 26th March 2007)?  There is reason for everything.  It is a reflection on society so prone to be dabbling in sorcery?  So expect more in months  to come as more aggrieved politicians want to do vengeance using sorcery to get even with complainants including known whistle blowers like myself and opposition personalities.  These sorcery attempts are effective for those without God.  So just tolerate the howlings.
I used to live in Taman Jindo near cemetery where I heard howling every night past midnights.  No complaints as they do not disturb our sleep as they drive away evils.  Actually these evils can kill some of us.  Instead we should thank those hardworking dogs going in groups.  If some sick people go to the medium, the shaman would tell you something like this - "you got some encounter with the other side - the small people."
So prevention is better than cure, and hence dogs and also cats are part and parcel of society.
Animals are here to stay on earth.  We have to reflect on ourselves.
Of course for survival approach we need to stay close to the true God until we meet him at His time.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

24-4-2024 01:22 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.083452 second(s), 32 queries .