CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 24435|Reply: 179

BEAUTY over BRAIN?

[Copy link]
Post time 7-12-2006 01:02 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
I think that beauty is skin deep - true beauty comes from within and it will shine and will give you that sparkling glow on your face once you realize the fact that you have to be true to yourself, to your heart and to the surrounding that revolves around you. So thats why I believe that it is not "a-must" to have a beautiful face to be beautiful - great knowledge and be smart and confident to face life IS by far more important than just looking good and be all and all pretty. And IF you're smart enough to know that you have that self-confidence in you, by all means you're already beautiful...

The question here now is - why do most women (at times, men too) tend to neglect the importance of being smart, knowledgeable and having the confidence in themselves? Some of them prefers to abandon all that for the sake of just being beautiful and good looking?

Is it because people these days prefers to judge the book by its cover?

Is it because beautiful and good looking people are given that extra credits and attentions, first?

or simply because

They enjoy having people around them calling 'em names like BIMBO and HIMBO?

:geram:

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 7-12-2006 10:20 AM | Show all posts
My take would be Beauty n Brain can be harnessed...

Beauty can be enhanced thru natural or fake ways...just go n watch Extreme Makeover....

Brain can be upgraded by reading a lot, sharpening ur mind with the help of ur food intake, drills etc...

Nothing is impossible...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 7-12-2006 01:01 PM | Show all posts
true - but the question is why most ppl CHOOSE not to take 'brains' seriously? Will the future holds no future for brainy ppl as beautiful ppl starts to dominate the world?

Use magic Report

Post time 7-12-2006 04:11 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by lealaurielle at 7-12-2006 01:01 PM
true - but the question is why most ppl CHOOSE not to take 'brains' seriously? Will the future holds no future for brainy ppl as beautiful ppl starts to dominate the world?

benda yg cantik...sapa tak suka...kalau u jumpa org tengah jalan....the first thing that can capture ur attention is the beauty...mana ada masa nak gi check makhluk tuh yg brain...contoh dalam relationship...beauty might get us attracted..tapi nak kekal relationship tuh...me rasa we need the brain lah...kena pandai communicate, kena guna otak tau bila nak give and take..bla bla bla, bla..

but then again ada gak yg prefer bimbo...asal cantik jek dah teruja...what to do ..hanya jauhari yang mengenal manikam

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 7-12-2006 07:53 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by nazzad at 7-12-2006 04:11 PM

benda yg cantik...sapa tak suka...kalau u jumpa org tengah jalan....the first thing that can capture ur attention is the beauty...mana ada masa nak gi check makhluk tuh yg brain...contoh da ...

I like the pepatah terakhir tu... manikam apa tatau... hanya jauhari mengenali manikam?

Use magic Report

Post time 7-12-2006 11:25 PM | Show all posts
i've been thinking about this argument since i have learnt about preferences.

truth is: people tend to judge appearance first than skills ---> beauty over brain
whereas actually we should judge a person by its ability and skills

so to gals n guys outthere who felt intimidated by others' better appearances, i would suggest we upgrade our brain ability instead

altho beauty can be altered either naturally or artificial (surgery) it is vital to nurture wat is truly meant to be our personality (our brain)

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 8-12-2006 01:11 AM | Show all posts
yeap - as a close friend of mine once said - "Beauty can be shimmered at any given time... but having the brains needs constant determination and confidence.." kan?

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 8-12-2006 09:08 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by lealaurielle at 8-12-2006 01:11 AM
yeap - as a close friend of mine once said - "Beauty can be shimmered at any given time... but having the brains needs constant determination and confidence.." kan?

:setuju:........with your friend...once the outer beauty has faded with time..it's the inner beauty that will take over and make a person man/woman seem beautiful ...beauty that's enhanced with the help of brain to gain confidence, wisdom, maturity, serenity and respect and love from others.......

but, alas..........the inner beauty is not what guys would normally look for in a lady and vice versa.....

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 8-12-2006 11:13 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by seribulan at 7-12-2006 10:20 AM
My take would be Beauty n Brain can be harnessed...

Beauty can be enhanced thru natural or fake ways...just go n watch Extreme Makeover....

Brain can be upgraded by reading a lot, sharpening  ...

:setuju: tend 2 agree w u.

up to individual to explore & improve...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-12-2006 01:00 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by mekna at 8-12-2006 09:08 AM

:setuju:........with your friend...once the outer beauty has faded with time..it's the inner beauty that will take over and make a person man/woman seem beautiful ...beauty that's enhanced wi ...

the inner beauty is not what guys would normally look for in a lady and vice versa.. <- thats what make all these more and more disappointing, kan?

Use magic Report

Post time 10-12-2006 04:20 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by lealaurielle at 7-12-2006 01:01 PM

so far how many beautiful ppl dominates the world rather than brainy people?
how beautiful is Napoleon, Patton etc...?

it's the brain behind the beauties n brawns dat keep the ball rolling...

people choosing beauty? let them...how long would they satisfy with having
beauty without substance? even Miss World n Universe r judged accordingly
with their brains...not just looks...

shallow people choose beauty alone...those deep ones will need brain along...
if u r not a beauty, but got brain...juz like I say u can make over maa...nobody is
really plain in this world...is how u highlight ur assets...that is importance...if u flaunt
ur beauty only u will get shallow people...who needs them ja?

end this bit with this song...hope to get it right...I GOT THE LOOK, U GOT THE BRAIN...
LETS MAKE LOTSA MONEY...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-12-2006 10:10 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by seribulan at 10-12-2006 04:20 PM

so far how many beautiful ppl dominates the world rather than brainy people?
how beautiful is Napoleon, Patton etc...?

it's the brain behind the beauties n brawns dat keep the ball rolling... ...

:pompom: :pompom: :pompom:

Well said !!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Use magic Report

Post time 12-12-2006 01:25 AM | Show all posts

Reply #12 lealaurielle's post

This is my take. I found this in a scrap book...very refreshing.
All these things have you said of beauty.
Yet in truth you spoke not of her but of needs unsatisfied,
And beauty is not a need but an ecstasy.
It is not a mouth thirsting nor an empty hand stretched forth,
But rather a heart enflamed and a soul enchanted.
It is not the image you would see nor the song you would hear,
But rather an image you see though you close your eyes and a song
you hear though you shut your ears.
:hmm::hmm:

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 12-12-2006 10:06 AM | Show all posts
Indeed, VERY refreshing! :D

Use magic Report

Post time 13-12-2006 01:38 AM | Show all posts

Reply #1 lealaurielle's post

think that beauty is skin deep

I perceive beauty as beauty in itself. Metaphysical, hidden and elusive. Yet we are all yearning and longing for

it. There are two different kinds of beauty: the beauty of the senses, and the beauty of the spirit.

The beauty of the senses is the lower of the two: it will be treated here first. Beauty that enters through the

senses makes life good rather than bad. It makes it pleasant rather than dreary. And by the beauty of the senses, I

do not mean only that which enters through the five senses of sight, hearing, touch, taste, and smell. There are

other senses as well, higher than these, but of the sensate realm nonetheless. There is the sense of beauty itself

-- the aesthetic sense. There is the sense of justice,balance, symmetrical  intoxicated and delightful. Beauty that

enters through the senses enters the soul through His grace.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-12-2006 01:49 AM | Show all posts
another reply well said - bravo! :D

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 13-12-2006 10:38 AM | Show all posts
with brain u get beauty .. by beauty u can use other people brain .. hehe ntah

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-12-2006 07:25 PM | Show all posts
I agree with "with brain u get beauty..." - this simply shows or should i say proves the fact that if u're smart enuff to know there are better things to achieve in life aside from being just pretty, then by all means u're already beautiful. On the other hand, "by beauty u can use other people's brains"? I refuse to accept that as it indirectly means that by being beautiful, thats all that matters and with that, as an advantage, you get to USE ppl's brain. No good noooo good... kan? Hehehehe

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 14-12-2006 06:44 PM | Show all posts
people with brain are always beautiful :love:

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-12-2006 07:50 PM | Show all posts

Reply #19 lost_angel's post

Always... :D

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

19-4-2024 08:26 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.070987 second(s), 44 queries .