Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 3288|Reply: 4

There? joy in volunteer work

[Copy link]
Post time 6-12-2006 10:22 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
Azalina: There? joy in volunteer work

KUALA LUMPUR: Noble values of volunteerism must be instilled in the young as this can contribute to human capital development, said Youth and Sports Minister Datuk Azalina Othman Said.

Concerned about the lack of volunteerism among young people who preferred to spend their time seeking material returns or in non-beneficial activities, she said: ?hey do not realise that participation in volunteer activities is not only fun but also beneficial and fulfilling. It contributes to their personal welfare and development.?

Azalina added that the important role played by volunteers in all aspects of human involvement could not be denied.

Those involved in developing and managing volunteers should also treat them with respect while recognising their services and contributions, she said.  

?here have been cases where the volunteers are treated like cheap, free labour,? she said in her speech for the Symposium On Developing Young Volunteers.  

?olunteers often sacrifice their time and effort, even spending their own money, to carry out the tasks and assignments given to them.?  

Her speech was read by her deputy Datuk Liow Tiong Lai.

At a press conference, Liow, who had just returned from a visit to Malaysian athletes at the Asian Games in Doha, said the team was in high spirit but there was concern over the unpredictable weather there.

?e?e got a great team, and although some have fallen ill because of the weather, they have recovered and are back on track,? he said, adding that Azalina was now in Doha to provide moral support to the team.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 2-2-2007 03:04 AM | Show all posts
i was interested in volunteering.
tapi leceh pasal byk sgt borang2 nak kene isi.

Concerned about the lack of volunteerism among young people who preferred to spend their time seeking material returns or in non-beneficial activities, she said: ?hey do not realise that participation in volunteer activities is not only fun but also beneficial and fulfilling. It contributes to their personal welfare and development.?<---bukan sume.

[ Last edited by  redrumdoll at 2-2-2007 03:08 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 3-2-2007 10:46 PM | Show all posts
red,
yupp bukan semua tapi sherrina rasa ia semakin ramai. I mean brape ramai org yg volunteer apatah lagi menderma. Bila terlibat dlm volunteering ni baru sherrina paham kenapa org cina murah rezeki. Mereka kuat menderma tanpa kira agama dan bangsa.

Use magic Report

Post time 4-2-2007 06:30 PM | Show all posts

Reply #3 sherrina's post

so, is it that my volunteering spirit was inherited from my chinese ancestors? hehe..joking.

Use magic Report

Post time 5-2-2007 03:02 AM | Show all posts
maybe. As for me, I started to think about volunteering after reading the Chicken Soup series. Malu bila baca cerita budak-budak kecil di US boleh melakukan charity work walhal sherrina dah beso ni tak buat pun. Sebab tu sherrina mulakan.

Mari membudayakan semangat sukarelawan

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

20-4-2024 01:38 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.076823 second(s), 35 queries .