Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 3046|Reply: 4

NEP a tool for many but a few only got rich

[Copy link]
Post time 26-11-2006 04:08 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
JK? Digest no 38 of November, 06 [323 of 2006] Of Bangladesh and Grameen Bank

In Bangladesh since 1970s when famine struck, the poor were assisted by small credits via the set up of Grameen Bank.

Surprisingly, in Malaysia at the same time New Economic Policy or NEP was introduced.

Who cares to give an analysis of both systems?

The person Mohamad Yunus behind Grameen Bank was made a Nobel prize winner.

The other person Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad received Mother Teresa Memorial International Award for Social Justice recently.

The Bangladesh effort was making waves of success stories on poverty eradication using much lesser amount of fundings.

The Malaysian effort had consumed hundreds of billions Ringgit without an end on sight.

The poverty in Malaysia especially in Sabah is still as bad as ever after 4 decades.

The Bangladesh poor people needed some help but without the crutches and millions were benefitted.

The Malaysian poor and rich people of the privileged majority group remain attached to NEP as a clutch for an indefinite period and only a small section was 'rewarded' at the expense of the masses.

The Bangladesh has a single Grameen Bank to do the noble job while the Malaysia has the Boleh spirit of a spectrum of banks to deal with poverty woes resulting in massive bleeding in overheads.

Yunus got a prize that comes with cash while the award for social justice is quiet on that.

Joshua Kong (proponent of MIGS)

Author of New Wealth Order, EPIC of Sabah, FIRE, Sabah Wealth - image of woods power,

EPIC of Sabah - 2nd Edition, Paper to Parliament Select Committee on Unity and National Service.

EPIC of Sabah - 3rd Ed., WATER, A tussle in 0biodiversity of two liquids - palm oil and water,

Sabah and Sarawak in Malaysia in 1963, Paper Paper to Parliamentary Select Committee on Integrity (2006).

http://www.e-borneo.com/col/jkong/

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 27-11-2006 07:32 PM | Show all posts

Nihilism Every Place (NEP)

JK? Digest no 42 of November, 06 [327 of 2006] Malaysia going Nihilism Every Place (NEP)

Who is right?  Lets learn from my pets - best friends below.

Hishamuddin Tun Hussein said "An Oxford degree is not going to help if your country is in shambles."

http://www.malaysia-today.net/blog2006/newsncom.php?itemid=985    26/11: Hisham: The keris is here to stay
That is what New Economic Policy (NEP) since 1970 has achieved unfortunately despite many Malays are educated in some top foreign Universities.

Why is the nation in shambles and to be exact it is getting the day of anarchy as inevitable based on race and religion?

Every place and every day - all sorts of worst things  unthinkable are happening like costly essential items cables ripped off, water theft, rapes every where, talking useless religions real and imaginary via SMS, and the ILL list in economics, culture, health, social affairs is endless. Don't let this thing go away by itself as in anarchy as it is self created by ourselves (the majority group) in Malaysia.

Can you identify the few key reasons why we may go the way like what some countries have gone - banana republics?

While we may not want to recognise them, we cannot get away from them.

While the nation may not be known as banana republic, what would we be known when we are in shamble soon?

Again, I find some answer in a pair of pets of dogs in my life since 1999.

This pair of pets once puppies amongst 8 puppies are so special to me as they were born in the garden from a strayed bitch that came to my house. I managed to keep two only - a pair- a bitch and male dog.

What I learn more since favourite bitch (miss her much) passed away on 1st November, 2006 can only confirm how human beings can behave.

This pair was so active and always fighting for attention from me when both were around.

Actually the male dog (brainy) was so dominating that brainy was always trying to outdo Magi in getting attention from me. I had the daily opportunity to hug them standing up together and say common prayers for protection not once but several times a day.

When dinner was served, brainy would eat his first and quite encouragingly.

Now Magi is not around for almost a month, brainy seems to be moody and hardly show any enthusiasm to be hugged by standing up. Even I asked for that, brainy would not oblige it. Even at dinner time, there is no urge in brainy to eat properly.

So I can see the main reason is that there is no competition for attention. Sort of reversed role when NEP and my pair are concerned.

So I leave this to readers to ponder over the impact of NEP - a social contract- an absence of real competition to resolve racial, wealth and cultural disparities.

We are more superior than any animal but where are we heading for without competition except in petty squabbles on the way to nihilism?

Do we want a scenario of Magi and Brainy or just Brainy alone?

Joshua Kong (proponent of MIGS)

Author of New Wealth Order, EPIC of Sabah, FIRE, Sabah Wealth - image of woods power,

EPIC of Sabah - 2nd Edition, Paper to Parliament Select Committee on Unity and National Service.

EPIC of Sabah - 3rd Ed., WATER, A tussle in biodiversity of two liquids - palm oil and water,

Sabah and Sarawak in Malaysia in 1963, Paper Paper to Parliamentary Select Committee on Integrity (2006).

[ Last edited by  13Friday at 28-11-2006 08:49 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 18-1-2007 07:57 PM | Show all posts
It should have been a policy to fight poverty regardless of race. Bumis aren't the only poors like most think.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 3-2-2007 08:52 PM | Show all posts

Malay and NEP

JK's Digest No. 2 of February 2007 (19 of 2007)  A myth that Malay is lazy

While it is good to define or redefine  who is a Malay, it is important that we go into the history of the Malay also Muslim.  I had given my views to the Parliament Select Committee on Integrity over the Malay Dilemma. (See below).

The Deputy Prime Minister ( a post not provided in the Constitution) Datuk Seri Mohd  Najib Tun Razak, said it is a myth that Malay is lazy.

Yes that may be right but New Economic Policy (NEP) as prolonged unnecessarily has spoilt them in their productivity.

Yes, lets settle that view by dropping NEP or NDP or NNA in 2007 so that they can prove the Malay is not Malas.  Only disabled people need the crutch of NEP.  Would it be worst if they (majority) are now disabled rather than lazy (Malas) while many had been successful since 1970 with NEP after May 13, 1969?

Lazy may be an attitude but NEP induced disabled people is an incurable disease.

Joshua Kong (proponent of MIGS and WON)
http://mega-icc-group-sabah-migs.blogspot.com/    http://won-borneo.blogspot.com/
Latest Book: Biodiversity Challenge-Haze Health Hell ISBN983-2653-24-X
EPIC of Sabah - 2nd Edition, Paper to Parliamentary Select Committee on Unity and National Service.
EPIC of Sabah - 3rd Ed., WATER, A tussle in biodiversity of two liquids - palm oil and water,
Sabah and Sarawak in Malaysia in 1963, A Paper to Parliamentary Select Committee on Integrity (2006).
Malay as migrant people in the context of natives and bumiputra need to be addressed.
        Tun Dr. Mahathir said that Malay came from Sumatra, hence a migrant people to Malaya - not part of the Malay archipelago. Actually Malaya although known as Malay Peninsula is part of Indo China.  See map at the front.
        If Malay as migrant people can be both natives (birth) and bumiputra (prince) and so are all other immigrant people in Malaya in 1957 and in Malaysia in 1963.
        It is ironic that many groups of people including Pakistani, Indians, Filipinos via conversion can be classified as Malay by the religion.  It is also ironic that people in Malay peninsula can be considered Malay when people of the Malay Archipelago is not, so unlike Chinese for China, Japanese for Japan, English for England.
        So this anomaly albeit belated must be resolved by the amendment in the Constitution for a confusion (hence root of all bias as per pages 6-9) to be removed for the Integrity of the nation after re-defining the Malay Dilemma.
        It is timely in the interest of all Malaysians that all people in Malaysia be on equal terms except that the truly classified natives be accorded some privileges.  That is integrity to redress the root cause of Malay Dilemma. Good to read an article by Azly Rahman titled 'Brand New Malay Dilemma" (Malaysiakini).

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 4-2-2007 02:54 PM | Show all posts

Myth?

February 02, 2007 20:37 PM     

Lazy Malay A Myth Of Colonial Past, Says Najib

KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 2 (Bernama) -- A claim that the Malays are lazy is a myth of the colonial past as a lot of Malays have made their mark in various fields while some have gained world recognition for their achievements, said Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak.

"The Malays have proven that since Independence, they have succeeded in various strategic fields," the Deputy Prime Minister told reporters after opening the third Malay International Civilisation Conference here Friday.

The two-day conference with the theme "Human Capital Underpins Exemplary Race" organised by the Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris' Malay Civilisation Institute is being attended by some 300 participants.

Najib said that as the Malays were dominating the leadership and holding key posts, the connotation was baseless and a stale issue which should not be debated any more.

"(The issue) was propagated during colonial rule as an excuse for the British to practise discriminatory policies to sideline the Malays from the mainstream of development," he said.

In his speech, Najib brushed aside the stigma which identified the Malays as a lazy race, describing it as merely a myth devoid of a strong foundation.

Instead, he said the Malays ought to be on their feet and improve themselves to face the next economic wave which would be more challenging.

"The new economy calls for the cultivation of a new mindset and the Glocal Malay concept - Malays who are rooted nationally but international in mindset - in facing the challenges," he said.

"We have to be superb in the urban as well as the rural areas and we also have a role to play in the world. We want Glocal Malays pivoted on the virtuous Malay culture and rooted in the sanctity of Islam.

"Malay excellence does not emerge from a dream but is the culmination of hard work and determination with clear objectives and principles.

"The demand for change and the global outlook which are becoming more demanding require us to enhance our competitiveness by boosting our human capital," he added.

-- BERNAMA

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

26-4-2024 03:45 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.506926 second(s), 31 queries .