CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 2671|Reply: 1

Why so many died on the roads?

[Copy link]
Post time 26-9-2006 05:05 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
JK? Digest no 24 of September, 06 <238 of 2006> Is the AES / Cameras on the roads a real solution?

Much more is needed....

Quote:   September 26, 2006 11:17 AM http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v3/news.php?id=221839

Govt To Install Surveillance Camera On Road Users Next Year

""Chan is leading a 16 member delegation, including Chief Minister of Melaka Datuk Seri Mohd Ali Mohd Rustam, Deputy Chief Minister of Sarawak Tan Sri Alfred Jabu and Negeri Sembilan state exco Datuk Peter Lai Yit Fee on a six day visit to study the road safety programme in Sweden, which has the lowest accident and fatality rate among the countries in the world.

According to statistics provided by the Transport Ministry, there were 6,188 road accident fatalities in Malaysia last year with a ratio of 4.2 deaths for every 10,000 registered vehicles.""

>>> my points are as follows:-

Is the lowest accident and fatality rate in Sweden due to the AES/cameras?

Sweden and other countries in that area of Europe are the best in Transparency Index or TI with almost nil corruption.

Would AES provide more corruption away from the Police into the other systems?

The root causes of high accident fatalities must be addressed and I can tell you the present Government is impotent to deal with that.

What is going to happen is that billions of Ringgit would go into the installation of the cameras plus regulatory effort and maintenance of the equipments in tip top conditions when exposed to the climatic elements. Even all the street lamp posts are neglected. The first class PA systems in the UMS gave poor performance in at least three visits to the posh assembly halls. Many of the water taps in UMS and Sabah Legislative Assembly Building have been leaking. Those are under our noses. What about those in the streets and highway away from sight to be effective for 24/ 7?

I am not going to give bright ideas to deal with the root causes for safe driving unless I am paid for such service. The country can afford to have over 6,000 deaths annually worth billions of Ringgit in term of losses of human resources because Sabah is sucked into that contributive system of draining away our wealth.

Who don't want to listen and blank off my press releases is part of that loss of talents?

I had driven 48,000 miles in UK with only a few minor scratches in a decade. Not boasting as a pretty safe record, and who has done it, not as a taxi driver?

One sad thing is that Sabah don't even have fair condition roads, and we cannot dream of AES in Sabah and elsewhere they go for money making devices for futile efforts as the road deaths would continue in unruly people. This time round such deaths would be captured in the cameras to wake us as how much money we need to see those instant photographs in our TV's 24 hours shows. More money down the drains.

Malaysia boleh or Malaysia no money (hokkien).

Joshua Kong

Author of New Wealth Order, EPIC of Sabah, FIRE, Sabah Wealth - image of woods power,

EPIC of Sabah - 2nd Edition, Paper to Parliament Select Committee on Unity and National Service.

EPIC of Sabah - 3rd Ed., WATER, A tussle in biodiversity of two liquids - palm oil and water,

Sabah and Sarawak in Malaysia in 1963, Paper

http://www.e-borneo.com/col/jkong/

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Sugi This user has been deleted
Post time 27-9-2006 02:45 AM | Show all posts
reduce the cars on roads and highways by providing better public transportation. this is common sense and we all know there are seriously too many cars on road due to bad traffic management. cheaper public transportation fares to encourage more users perhaps?

there are ways to improve our current facilities, i do not see any point wasting our tax payer's money into stuff like this.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

25-4-2024 03:13 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.051542 second(s), 28 queries .