CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 4407|Reply: 4

[Lain-Lain] About Time (2013)

[Copy link]
Post time 12-10-2021 03:28 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
This is not the ordinary romantic movies. This movie was simply beautiful. I love how they didn't put a hot muscular guy to play this role. He was an average looking guy. Which I liked even more. I cried so much in the last scene with his dad. It was just so beautiful I can't even put it into words. I am very very glad I watched it. It just shows that every day we should stay positive and enjoy the little things because that is what truly makes us happy.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 12-10-2021 03:29 PM | Show all posts
Edited by capiloton at 12-10-2021 03:51 PM

** WARNING : SPOILERS ***

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 12-10-2021 03:47 PM | Show all posts
Edited by capiloton at 12-10-2021 03:54 PM

The reason you go to the movies

Why do you go to the cinema? For me, it is to be moved. To laugh, to cry, to be frightened, to be in awe, to be amused in a gentle way. This movie did this to me in all 5 ways. I am Mr. Ordinary - I have been lucky enough to be born into a loving family, I have wooed a certain number of women, I have married and enjoyed the highs and lows of having my own family, I have lost my parents. I try in my own way to appreciate others and acknowledge that they are trying to make their way in life. This movie defines me. If you miss it this time, don't worry. You'll catch it later. Most people interested in cinema will see it at some stage. My advice is to go and see it now. It's not perfect - it's a bit English, a bit middle class, the story is preposterous. But the sentiment, the message hits the spot. Take one of your significant others. Take a first date. Take a box of tissues. It's the reason you go to the cinema.

Its such a shame that this movie is not talked about much. Its not just a science fictional movie, so to speak, it has the potential to move you from your very core of emotions, sentiments and intellect.

Rachel McAdams is a dream floating around like a cloud, and she looked absolutely gorgeous in the movie. Domhnaal Gleeson also suited very well, I think a rather more famous name could have made this movie visible to the masses but his rawness worked so well in the movie.

Bill Nighy and Gleeson's relationship was so beautiful and concrete that it could pull you to your childhood and fill with nostalgia and a thought that yes you could be a little nicer to your dad. This movie moved me and made me feel things which is the one of the most important reasons why a film is made and is regarded highly, that it has the power of instilling a feeling in you. The score worked very well and the songs worked very well. A very cute and beautiful movie with minimum flaws but a 10 from my side nonetheless.

We all are travelling through time together, all we can do is try our best to relish this remarkable ride, one day at a time. Appreciate the beauty of life.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 12-10-2021 03:49 PM | Show all posts

I am not a fan of romance movies. From childhood, I was fascinated by the idea/ posibility/ opportunity of time travel. But this splenid film is more about time travels and love. It is a gorgeous film about family. And it has the best actors ever. It is a film so useful than its seeds grows up , for long time, in the viewer memories and new attitude about life and the others. And that makes it just a great film. For humor, tension, honesty, for the relation father - son, touching in profound senses, for the lovely relation brother - sister, for admirable portrait of small aspects of the every day existence, for dialogues and, sure, for something nameless because you only feel. Short, great at whole.

Every now and then, a film comes along that changes the way I think about life. About Time is that kind of movie. This pleasantly unique film isn't just a love story, it's a life story. It showcases a variety of relationships that go beyond the traditional rom-com stereotypes. The story is uplifting, the acting is excellent and the humor is plentiful. This movie made me want to be a better person, and I'm very glad I saw it.

Use magic Report

Post time 16-10-2021 03:33 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Actually moments dia ngan bapak dia yg paling menonjol...sedih sgt bila dia cakap xnak ulang jumpa bapak dia lagi lepas dah meninggal, last time jumpa ulang time dia kecik spend time kat pantai sama2..nangis tengok.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

29-3-2024 08:47 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.063277 second(s), 31 queries .